Easy Pleased

Sharpie

It is amazing how as you age you find it easier to feel thrilled. Went to the Mall this morning to buy my lottery tickets. Got a $1.00 and a free play nothing on my other ticket but thats o.k. Then went into a department store, and  there is a corduroy ball cap with Canada across the front and a large 67 on the side it is maroon, so I decided to buy it, the maroon for sure, and the 67 which was the year I arrived in Canada. the price was $26.00 I the found a card Esther had with credits from items she had bought, I got the girl to check the credits and she did so I ended up paying just over $5.00 for a real nice hat. From there I went to the coffee bar, had a nice Almond Mocha and a chocolate fudge cookie, just excellent from there I went to the car wash with my free wash ticket, car looks like new. A woman at the cashier asked if I had been a mountie or a soldier because I carried myself well, she had to be wanting me but she was too old in her sixties at least. Now home feel good the sun was shining bright, nice and warm, it was a good day.  gets you away from wars, problems , the daily tests of life, so when you have a good one you should broadcast it. At least thats my credo.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

It is amazing how as you age you find it easier to feel thrilled. Went to the Mall this morning to buy my lottery tickets. Got a $1.00 and a free play nothing on my other ticket but thats o.k. Then went into a department store, and  there is a corduroy ball cap with Canada across the front and a large 67 on the side it is maroon, so I decided to buy it, the maroon for sure, and the 67 which was the year I arrived in Canada. the price was $26.00 I the found a card Esther had with credits from items she had bought, I got the girl to check the credits and she did so I ended up paying just over $5.00 for a real nice hat. From there I went to the coffee bar, had a nice Almond Mocha and a chocolate fudge cookie, just excellent from there I went to the car wash with my free wash ticket, car looks like new. A woman at the cashier asked if I had been a mountie or a soldier because I carried myself well, she had to be wanting me but she was too old in her sixties at least. Now home feel good the sun was shining bright, nice and warm, it was a good day.  gets you away from wars, problems , the daily tests of life, so when you have a good one you should broadcast it. At least thats my credo.

:fonzie:  :smile:

Sounds like a good day!

I went out on my bike (an old-fashioned, bashed-about, leg-power-only, hybrid bike) and did a 27 mile circuit in the eastern Borders this afternoon. It was a bit hazy, so not much in the way of great views, but it was mild and sunny and with hardly any breeze, so that suited me just fine.  B)

Greedy Jambo

I cant wait until i'm retired, folk moaning about forlough etc, it was the best year and a half i've had in a long time. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

I'm loving work atm. I work from home 3 days and in the office 2. It's gone a bit meh because our office is closing so it's all over in January. Had a positive meeting with the union today. I've got rest of week off too. So not all bad. 

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I cant wait until i'm retired, folk moaning about forlough etc, it was the best year and a half i've had in a long time. 

It annoyed me that I worked right through and all I get back is my share of the bill.

But that's life, I hadn't long learned to drive and the chance to hone my skills on empty roads to and from work was great

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It annoyed me that I worked right through and all I get back is my share of the bill.

But that's life, I hadn't long learned to drive and the chance to hone my skills on empty roads to and from work was great

Passing your test and getting your own car is probably one of the best things ever to happen in life. 

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Passing your test and getting your own car is probably one of the best things ever to happen in life. 

Definitely, and when you do it in your 40s you have decades of bus travel to compare it to, it's so sweet.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Lovely story 👍 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I retired in 1991 at 56, people said are you going to get a job, I would be barred off JKB if I wrote what I told them We golfed, travelled, spent lots of time together, and some of it also unprintable, nothing better than a wife living in the big house you had  had built the upstairs with the enormous bathroom/dressing room, and up to date kitchen while I was sentenced to the basement with the built in well stocked bar, fireplace and large TV. Two minute walk to the golf clubhouse, but my wife drove over in our own golf cart. Large deck at the front with view of the golf course lake and the mountains. Large back garden where we had a mountain directly behind us we could watch deer, coyotes, and other wild life. I spent thirty six enjoyable years as a policeman from rookie to senior management, but it paid off well for retirement, the best thing inthe world a well planned retirement.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I retired in 1991 at 56, people said are you going to get a job, I would be barred off JKB if I wrote what I told them We golfed, travelled, spent lots of time together, and some of it also unprintable, nothing better than a wife living in the big house you had  had built the upstairs with the enormous bathroom/dressing room, and up to date kitchen while I was sentenced to the basement with the built in well stocked bar, fireplace and large TV. Two minute walk to the golf clubhouse, but my wife drove over in our own golf cart. Large deck at the front with view of the golf course lake and the mountains. Large back garden where we had a mountain directly behind us we could watch deer, coyotes, and other wild life. I spent thirty six enjoyable years as a policeman from rookie to senior management, but it paid off well for retirement, the best thing inthe world a well planned retirement.

If you are ever asked who do you think is the luckiest man you know of, you could say an old fart on the JKB page I have never met him but he sounds like he done pretty good.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

If you are ever asked who do you think is the luckiest man you know of, you could say an old fart on the JKB page I have never met him but he sounds like he done pretty good.

I forgot to mention my best friend ever, Rambo our German Shepherd.  He was about the size of a small horse, my wife said she hated him, but evidence of photographs proved different, he and she acted like he was my dog, but that big guy if anyone came within six feet of Esther he was in position to have them for lunch. He and I walked miles every morning sometimes as early as 4.00am,around the mountain trails, then I done a walking eighteen holes of golf. I had a permanent sun tan, muscles on my muscles, and there were occasions when someone would get out of hand and see what he was dealingwith and back off fast.But I still golfed like an eedjit.

It might only be 14 to 16 degrees, but when the sun shines, my job can't be beaten. :sunny: The simple thing, like nice weather.

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, Sharpie said:

If I get out of bed and stretch without pissing myself,, that’s a good day for me 😂