Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• RobNox

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hopefully someone can type up some minutes. Would be great to see what was discussed.

Or just listen to the recording :D

Famous 1874
32 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Or just listen to the recording :D

Is the recording out anywhere yet? Meant to go but completely forgot about it 

Lots of different complications in regard any deal for Simms next season.

Permanent deal is a no go, big man is on wages a long long way from our budget.

Although there’s not an app it’s really easy to do a one off donation to FOH through the web site. I did it during last season for away games. Couldn’t be any easier tbh so I don’t see the need for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Is the recording out anywhere yet? Meant to go but completely forgot about it 

They didn't say when it would uploaded, they may have to edit it a little to cut out disparaging remarks about rival clubs 😁

2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Lots of different complications in regard any deal for Simms next season.

Permanent deal is a no go, big man is on wages a long long way from our budget.

reading some Everton forums it looks a dead rubber if they go down. They are in dire straights so will need him unless they sell him (which is obviously out our budget). Our only hope is that they stay up and we can hope then for an extension to his loan.

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

reading some Everton forums it looks a dead rubber if they go down. They are in dire straights so will need him unless they sell him (which is obviously out our budget). Our only hope is that they stay up and we can hope then.

I have a very different view. If they do go down they will want to come straight back up…don’t think they would want to gamble that on having a young striker lead the line…. More likely to buy experience.

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Although there’s not an app it’s really easy to do a one off donation to FOH through the web site. I did it during last season for away games. Couldn’t be any easier tbh so I don’t see the need for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gary said the app can send push notifications to prompt pished up Jambos to make a one-off payment.  I know it's easy to do on the website, but it might not occur to a lot of fans to do that.  A little prompting can't do any harm 😃

thehibsareintheirbeds
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Re. the point on Haring. If it’s as blunt as it sounds and “we’ll just sign someone better” it sort of goes with Savage’s you need to be 100% in approach. I like it. Deal on the table take it or leave it.

Savage did call out that it was usual for foreign agents to leave it late to see all options before having clients sign contract and was pretty clear he wanted haring to sign. But yeah he was also clear any pissing about and we move on- few stories about doing so before (no names mentioned). Also confirmed Aussie/Asian market of interest and we may be back in for the Japanese guy.

Savage clearly a driven individual and have even more trust in him after tonight. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I have a very different view. If they do go down they will want to come straight back up…don’t think they would want to gamble that on having a young striker lead the line…. More likely to buy experience.

They will have him as a part of their squad in the championship, no doubt about that. 

He might not lead the line but he'll play for them far more in the championship than he would for them in the epl. 

Common sense Tbh. 

Holyrood_Hearts
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Glad to read that.

Hopefully it will be a precursor for better communication with the fans (co-owners).

He wasn’t great by all accounts. An FoH member I know originally emailed Stuart before the start of this season & still hasn’t had a reply yet.

8 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He wasn’t great by all accounts. An FoH member I know originally emailed Stuart before the start of this season & still hasn’t had a reply yet.

One of the points made tonight by Andrew Brown, was that they have a small pool of resources which can be a limiting factor.  Board members having to get involved in stuff that would ideally be done by support staff.  They are looking to try and co-opt more volunteers to assist with things, more details to follow.

35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

they are going to be in huge financial difficulty if they go down so I’d think they will rely on players on their books ? I’m maybe completely wrong (likely) but have they not started work on their new stadium as well ?

34 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Gary said the app can send push notifications to prompt pished up Jambos to make a one-off payment.  I know it's easy to do on the website, but it might not occur to a lot of fans to do that.  A little prompting can't do any harm 😃

your right. Just thought it isn’t that hard to do but like you say an app and option in an app would be better tbf.  Maybe a lot don’t go on the web site but would if they had an app

Finlay James
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Nah, we had a binding agreement with Bidco so no way Ann could have accepted an offer even if she wanted to.  McKinley said when they received the offer Ann and him discussed it for about 30 seconds before telling them to GTF.

Any offer should only be taken if it’s the best a man can get

The Bannon Flick
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Any offer should only be taken if it’s the best a man can get

If he goes I guess we’ll just have to mach do with what we’ve got.

It’s a cut throat market after all.

Maybe we could go after a Brazilian player?

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

reading some Everton forums it looks a dead rubber if they go down. They are in dire straights so will need him unless they sell him (which is obviously out our budget). Our only hope is that they stay up and we can hope then for an extension to his loan.

Surely Everton if they go down will spend big on someone to guarantee them goals to get back up. I'm not saying Simms won't play or have an impact, however they will have loads of money from parachute payments that won't restrict their spending ability. They will also be an attractive club still for a lot of players in England and abroad. 

10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I'll settle for Simms winning us the cup and sending him back down the road. 

Amen to that! 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Surely Everton if they go down will spend big on someone to guarantee them goals to get back up. I'm not saying Simms won't play or have an impact, however they will have loads of money from parachute payments that won't restrict their spending ability. They will also be an attractive club still for a lot of players in England and abroad. 

That’s my thoughts as well… it’s not as if their owners are short of cash. I hope that the attraction of getting Simms more experience, especially in Europe will be very attractive. I don’t think he is quite ready to make the step up… still young.

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If they are savvy then they should look to loan Mitrovic from Fulham. He is prolific in the Championship (and goal shy in the Premier League.)

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If they are savvy then they should look to loan Mitrovic from Fulham. He is prolific in the Championship (and goal shy in the Premier League.)

The Serbian James Keatings...

davemclaren
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

I can see people waking up the next day regretting sending FoH £100 after a win over Hibs. 🤣

Probably me. 🥸

davemclaren
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Glad to read that.

Hopefully it will be a precursor for better communication with the fans (co-owners).

Stuart had indicated previously that he was only doing it for a ‘few years’ so it wasn’t a surprise to me. 

It was very interesting that there were still discussion around the governance, both points made by members of the committee that drafted the proposals. 

One was about a concern that the same person could be simultaneously chair of the FoH board and the club board and then Alex Mackie expressing his amazement that any members had considered reducing the supermajority from 90%. 

davemclaren

Andrew McKinley mentioned that he and others were going to visit the new Aberdeen training facility. It cost £14m apparently. Our current lease on Oriam runs out in 2029. 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Stuart had indicated previously that he was only doing it for a ‘few years’ so it wasn’t a surprise to me. 

It was very interesting that there were still discussion around the governance, both points made by members of the committee that drafted the proposals. 

One was about a concern that the same person could be simultaneously chair of the FoH board and the club board and then Alex Mackie expressing his amazement that any members had considered reducing the supermajority from 90%. 

I stand by the concerns about governance that I have aired previously. I am hopeful that Gerry Mallon's appointment will mean that we will start to see some changes in that regard.

It's a pity that Gerry wasn't present himself, as I know that he shares some of my concerns.  

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

One of the points made tonight by Andrew Brown, was that they have a small pool of resources which can be a limiting factor.  Board members having to get involved in stuff that would ideally be done by support staff.  They are looking to try and co-opt more volunteers to assist with things, more details to follow.

Considering we donate our money - I am sure some of us have the spare time to donate that too.

It was pointed out that the £1.7 million FoH subs is equal to the SPFL annual prize money for finishing 5th. 

So starting out every season well. They also said they couldn't have offered all the new contracts without the funds. And that the FoH contributions and nearly 9000 members is a factor that brings in the benefactors. 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Lots of factors yet to be determined, Everton going down or staying up? Will Lampard be there, Are they going to get hit with FFP penalties/restrictions, will Richarlison/Calvert Lewen want to leave/actually have any suitors/would any money recouped be re-invested into a replacement, where do everton see Simms in comparison to Broadhead on loan at Sunderland or the other slightly younger strikers in their u23's? 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The article doesn't point out that Stuart Wallace will step down completely from the FoH board in December. 

Indeed. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I stand by the concerns about governance that I have aired previously. I am hopeful that Gerry Mallon's appointment will mean that we will start to see some changes in that regard.

It's a pity that Gerry wasn't present himself, as I know that he shares some of my concerns.  

It was quite disappointing he couldn’t make as I was very interested in hearing from him. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I can see people waking up the next day regretting sending FoH £100 after a win over Hibs. 🤣

Probably me. 🥸

Yeah, me too Dave.  Hopefully there will be a facility to put a limit on how much you can donate in a 24 hour period. 😁

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Andrew McKinley mentioned that he and others were going to visit the new Aberdeen training facility. It cost £14m apparently. Our current lease on Oriam runs out in 2029. 

Interesting as It was mentioned at the last shareholders dinner that the club were actively looking for an alternative to the Orium for a variety of reasons one being what you say about the lease. Others being down the pecking order in terms of facitlies and pitches avaialble as other were given priority.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was pointed out that the £1.7 million FoH subs is equal to the SPFL annual prize money for finishing 5th. 

So starting out every season well. They also said they couldn't have offered all the new contracts without the funds. And that the FoH contributions and nearly 9000 members is a factor that brings in the benefactors

I've often wondered if that was the case! All the more reason to keep my DD going every month! 

KyleLafferty

The Oriam is obviously top notch. However I feel it will be more beneficial for Us to have our own training ground. It’s much more private for a start. It would have to be financed well. If done right it’s another asset on the club which would boost our value up. Aberdeen’s actually looks good but I’d imagine we would want something bigger than what they have.

Voice of reason
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was up there coaching my team in a match at Cormack Park on Sunday. It really is quite a small building and not a patch on Oriam. Basically a small-ish pavilion, in an open windy field beside a bypass. If that’s what you get for £14M then I understand why their proposed new stadium would cost £75M. It was cold, windy and pretty unpleasant to be honest.

4 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

I was up there coaching my team in a match at Cormack Park on Sunday. It really is quite a small building and not a patch on Oriam. Basically a small-ish pavilion, in an open windy field beside a bypass. If that’s what you get for £14M then I understand why their proposed new stadium would cost £75M. It was cold, windy and pretty unpleasant to be honest.

Yeah - I wasn't particularly impressed either. £14M looks far from providing any vfm. Assume it includes a large land purchase.

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

14m for a few fields and a flock of sheep ? 

8 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole then.  If we cant do ir properly, don't do it at all.

Wonder if we can extend our lease.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole then.  If we cant do ir properly, don't do it at all.

Wonder if we can extend our lease.

I'm sure we will be able to extend our lease, it's just a matter of how much it will cost.  We are right to be looking at the possibility of building our own facility, but to your first point, it needs to be a facility that fully meets our requirements.  We then need to weigh up the financial implications of going down that route versus the financial implications of extending our lease at Orium.

Thankfully, we have some very competent people running the club, so I trust them to make the right decision as to whether to invest in our own facility or not.  James Anderson didn't get to where he is by making poor investment decisions.

johnking123

We could ask to maybe help extend the oraim. Add couple more pitches ment for our use. Would benefit both parties.

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We could ask to maybe help extend the oraim. Add couple more pitches ment for our use. Would benefit both parties.

This is along the lines of what I am thinking might be at the centre of discussions