• RobNox

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, SuperAustin said:

Thought they might have streamed it for people who can't make it 

They could have got the U21 players to Facebook live the event

42 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I registered for this but I'm giving it a miss thanks to shingles, so I'm hoping for lots of info on what's talked about! 

Sorry to hear you got the dreaded Shingles. I had it last year a month or so after Covid. Was worse than Covid too. Face looked like I’d been battered.

Was also going but now can’t make it so will be watching thread with interest

On 23/04/2022 at 23:35, RobNox said:

Not sure if there will be an opportunity to ask questions at the the meeting, but there's certainly one I'd like to ask Andrew Brown, given his technology background.

I've thought for some time that it would great if FOH could introduce a facility whereby fans can text one-off donations, in a similar way to a lot of charity appeals.

Given we've just won back to back big games against Hibs, I'd like to think that we could have made a fair bit in one-off donations from very happy Jambos after these games.

At my plot ceremony, which was about 3 years ago , Stuart Wallace was talking about one off donations via text or an FoH App like it was just around the corner. 

FarmerTweedy
11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry to hear you got the dreaded Shingles. I had it last year a month or so after Covid. Was worse than Covid too. Face looked like I’d been battered.

Was also going but now can’t make it so will be watching thread with interest

My face doesn't look great at the best of times, but it's looked worse than usual the last few days!  Eyelid is back down to normal size now, if a bit crusty, and no longer feels like someone is stabbing me in the temple with a big knife every minute or two, so I think I'm over the worst of it! 

Doctor told me it seems more prevalent among folk that have had covid, although as far as I know, I haven't!  Hope you have better luck going forward! 

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My face doesn't look great at the best of times, but it's looked worse than usual the last few days!  Eyelid is back down to normal size now, if a bit crusty, and no longer feels like someone is stabbing me in the temple with a big knife every minute or two, so I think I'm over the worst of it! 

Doctor told me it seems more prevalent among folk that have had covid, although as far as I know, I haven't!  Hope you have better luck going forward! 

I certainly don’t want it again

Get well soon mucker

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

Gillet family contacted Ann Budge to buy club. 
said this was public. I wasn’t aware. 

Never heard that one before either

1 minute ago, Sid said:

Stadium wi-fi and screens on To Do list.  
painting trusses had to be done first. 

Maroon hopefully

SuperAustin
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Gillet family contacted Ann Budge to buy club. 
said this was public. I wasn’t aware. 

Sure before foundation took over the club 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Be interesting to see if McKinlay answers the percentage or set amount question regarding Hickeys sell on

I think he will fake a coughing fit and excuse himself : - D

Italian Lambretta
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Be interesting to see if McKinlay answers the percentage or set amount question regarding Hickeys sell on

I doubt anyone there will ask that question instead they'll be too busy moaning about the noise of drums and not enough bins to put their sweetie wrappers in.

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I doubt anyone there will ask that question instead they'll be too busy moaning about the noise of drums and not enough bins to put their sweetie wrappers in.

Do you think …….. may be mate but I am not entirely convinced 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Interesting night, all spoke well. Mallon (who was absent due to covid) to take over from Wallace who's standing down. Lot of encouraging talk of a kids pledge and improving and utilising FOH data.

Savage confirmed percentage for Hickey but was a bit vague on details. Haring offered new contract and Savage hopes he'll stay but we'll sign better if he doesn't. Beni key in ellis signing- hopeful of keeping next year but sounds like could be tough (and not permanent due to wages).

Recording to be shared in due course.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Oh and a lot of chat about governance and fan owned vs fan run. Relationship seems good between McKinley and FOH- both made it clear they were aware of the fans opinions.

And a few mentions for kickback too 

Interesting question /statement about separating Chair of board and FoH.

If the right candidate naturally emerges I don't see the problem.

The question about Hickey was asked to Joe.

He confirmed a % of any sale comes to Hearts but no figure or details around clauses etc 

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Stadium wi-fi and screens on To Do list.  
painting trusses had to be done first. 

I thought he said that had been done as a priority, as in already completed.

Maybe picked him up wrong 

19 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I thought he said that had been done as a priority, as in already completed.

Maybe picked him up wrong 

Sorry. Meant they were done first. 

53 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Haring offered new contract and Savage hopes he'll stay but we'll sign better if he doesn't.

If that's the case, would we not be best saying farewell to Haring and signing the better player?

38 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

The question about Hickey was asked to Joe.

He confirmed a % of any sale comes to Hearts but no figure or details around clauses etc 

I think this is probably related to what Johnking123 said about not showing our hand

132goals1958
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think this is probably related to what Johnking123 said about not showing our hand

Confirmed it was a per centage but hesitant to elaborate. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Delighted to see Gerry Mallon assume control.

The rich man’s Austin McPhee…

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Makes sense I’m happy with that

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yep. We should probably just shut the **** up about this point now.

We have no right to know and the more it is discussed the more clubs we are trying to get players from will think we’re getting a huge “kerching” payment soon.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Turns out some one did ask ………. No word on the bins yet though

3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

At my plot ceremony, which was about 3 years ago , Stuart Wallace was talking about one off donations via text or an FoH App like it was just around the corner. 

Confirmed we will be launching an app, and also a tipsy tenner facility, or pished pound as Gary called it, so we can all be enticed into making one-off donations after scudding the wee team.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Confirmed we will be launching an app, and also a tipsy tenner facility, or pished pound as Gary called it, so we can all be enticed into making one-off donations after scudding the wee team.

Brilliant news hope fully before the final 

Some nice digs at the Hibs there.

Andrew Brown in his introduction mentioning he'd been with FOH for 4 months, which is longer than Sean Maloney got.

Louise Strutt when about to talk about plans for a Junior FOH membership saying that a lot of the target audience for her bit would probably be in their beds, and that no, she wasn't talking about Hibs fans.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sounds like a close shave then

Nah, we had a binding agreement with Bidco so no way Ann could have accepted an offer even if she wanted to.  McKinley said when they received the offer Ann and him discussed it for about 30 seconds before telling them to GTF.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Nah, we had a binding agreement with Bidco so no way Ann could have accepted an offer even if she wanted to.  McKinley said when they received the offer Ann and him discussed it for about 30 seconds before telling them to GTF.

Too sharp for you ; - )

There was a bit about the board and how it worked. McKinley said with 7 on the board they don't do votes. They work by consensus.

Unlike his previous experience clearly meaning the SFA. I think dysfunctional was mentioned.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Interesting night, all spoke well. Mallon (who was absent due to covid) to take over from Wallace who's standing down. Lot of encouraging talk of a kids pledge and improving and utilising FOH data.

Savage confirmed percentage for Hickey but was a bit vague on details. Haring offered new contract and Savage hopes he'll stay but we'll sign better if he doesn't. Beni key in ellis signing- hopeful of keeping next year but sounds like could be tough (and not permanent due to wages).

Recording to be shared in due course.

Re. the point on Haring. If it’s as blunt as it sounds and “we’ll just sign someone better” it sort of goes with Savage’s you need to be 100% in approach. I like it. Deal on the table take it or leave it.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too sharp for you ; - )

Yes, a real woosh moment there.  I feel like a right balm

:jj_facepalm:

FarmerTweedy
13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Did they say if it was the best offer a man can get?