FoH Open meeting for members

davemclaren

davemclaren

Dear Member

FoH Open Meeting

Given that our annual general meeting was unfortunately restricted because of Covid regulations and we were unable to have this session with members, we are pleased to let you know that we will be hosting an Open Meeting at the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Monday 25 April at 6.00pm, to which you as an FoH member and co-owner of Heart of Midlothian FC are cordially invited. The evening will be an opportunity to talk about the Foundation’s new direction following our becoming the majority shareholder. A full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting but in the meantime, I can confirm some of the main features.

First, we will be talking about the Foundation’s new vision as we aim to reach the amazing figure of 10,000 pledgers (we’re closing in on that!).

Secondly, we’ll be having a Q&A session with Andrew McKinlay, the club’s chief executive, and with Joe Savage.

The evening will also be a chance to hear from the two new members of the board, Andrew Brown and Gerry Mallon, and from our re-elected member Louise Strutt, who will talk about plans for a junior FoH membership category.

We’ll also hear from Garry Halliday, who stood down from the board in December but has taken on the new role (voluntary, as all the Foundation positions are) of director of member affairs.

There will be other items to discuss and the certificates for the various club memberships (eg the 1956 Club, 1998 Club, and so on) will be available to pick up on the night.

I very much hope that you will be able to get along. As I mentioned, a full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting. In the meantime, we’d be very grateful if you could confirm your attendance by clicking

Legends in the Stands Tribute Wall – a last chance to be there

884f2aae-f6bc-6328-06da-36a5898ad4e4.jpgMany of you will have seen the superb tribute wall in the Tynecastle tunnel to those who have pledged to the club via the Foundation. We are delighted to let you know that this is going to be updated one last time, so if you know of any friends or family members who would like to see their name up there with 12,000 other legends, this is a very final opportunity for them to have that privilege.

In the next day or two, we’ll be publicising the fact that anyone who signs up to pledge by 8 April will be added to this tribute wall. And we’ll be following that by going out to check that names are spelt correctly, so will ask for your help with this in due course.

So, one last chance for immortality in the Tynecastle tunnel! Please do let your friends know. They can sign up through the website – www.foundationofhearts.org. 

Thank you again for your incredible support, which continues to provide strong foundations for the club and its progress.

Kind regards

Stuart Wallace
Chairman, Foundation of Hearts

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• RobNox

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Incase you miss the email:

Dear Member

FoH Open Meeting

Given that our annual general meeting was unfortunately restricted because of Covid regulations and we were unable to have this session with members, we are pleased to let you know that we will be hosting an Open Meeting at the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Monday 25 April at 6.00pm, to which you as an FoH member and co-owner of Heart of Midlothian FC are cordially invited. The evening will be an opportunity to talk about the Foundation’s new direction following our becoming the majority shareholder. A full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting but in the meantime, I can confirm some of the main features.

First, we will be talking about the Foundation’s new vision as we aim to reach the amazing figure of 10,000 pledgers (we’re closing in on that!).

Secondly, we’ll be having a Q&A session with Andrew McKinlay, the club’s chief executive, and with Joe Savage.

The evening will also be a chance to hear from the two new members of the board, Andrew Brown and Gerry Mallon, and from our re-elected member Louise Strutt, who will talk about plans for a junior FoH membership category.

We’ll also hear from Garry Halliday, who stood down from the board in December but has taken on the new role (voluntary, as all the Foundation positions are) of director of member affairs.

There will be other items to discuss and the certificates for the various club memberships (eg the 1956 Club, 1998 Club, and so on) will be available to pick up on the night.

I very much hope that you will be able to get along. As I mentioned, a full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting. In the meantime, we’d be very grateful if you could confirm your attendance by clicking HERE.

Edited by been here before

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Members only it seems as you have to confirm attendance. 

Still if a lot want to go that's a fair few numbers wise.

Guest ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like most of these things I will not make it I will just keep paying in hopefully some of the Ubers report back

They'll really need to look at live streaming or at least recording then distributing the recording of FoH open meetings. I lived abroad when I first started contributing and a lot of members probably still live abroad or down south and deserve an equal chance to stay involved. Never been a meeting sort or bothered with shareholder things but this is different and I'd be interested in the strategy for communicating with all the "co owners". Supposed I could just ask them instead of waffling on a forum mind you 🤣

22games nro

Can’t believe they are having it so soon after the semi final, I’ll still have a hangover  🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼🤕

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Still if a lot want to go that's a fair few numbers wise.

I imagine they’ll control numbers via responses online. First 300 or whatever. 

I will be in town on that date. Just confirmed my attendance. Hope to get a picture of myself next to my name on the wall too👍

• 5 weeks later...
davemclaren
On 21/03/2022 at 17:56, davemclaren said:

Dear Member

FoH Open Meeting

Given that our annual general meeting was unfortunately restricted because of Covid regulations and we were unable to have this session with members, we are pleased to let you know that we will be hosting an Open Meeting at the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Monday 25 April at 6.00pm, to which you as an FoH member and co-owner of Heart of Midlothian FC are cordially invited. The evening will be an opportunity to talk about the Foundation’s new direction following our becoming the majority shareholder. A full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting but in the meantime, I can confirm some of the main features.

I very much hope that you will be able to get along. As I mentioned, a full agenda will be issued ahead of the meeting. In the meantime, we’d be very grateful if you could confirm your attendance by clicking

Legends in the Stands Tribute Wall – a last chance to be there

884f2aae-f6bc-6328-06da-36a5898ad4e4.jpgMany of you will have seen the superb tribute wall in the Tynecastle tunnel to those who have pledged to the club via the Foundation. We are delighted to let you know that this is going to be updated one last time, so if you know of any friends or family members who would like to see their name up there with 12,000 other legends, this is a very final opportunity for them to have that privilege.

In the next day or two, we’ll be publicising the fact that anyone who signs up to pledge by 8 April will be added to this tribute wall. And we’ll be following that by going out to check that names are spelt correctly, so will ask for your help with this in due course.

So, one last chance for immortality in the Tynecastle tunnel! Please do let your friends know. They can sign up through the website – www.foundationofhearts.org. 

Thank you again for your incredible support, which continues to provide strong foundations for the club and its progress.

Kind regards

Stuart Wallace
Chairman, Foundation of Hearts

The FOH meeting is this Monday. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up if you want to have your name on the tunnel wall. 

Final call, folks. The fantastic Legends in the Stands tribute in the Tynecastle tunnel is having a very final update. If you want to join Donald Ford and the 12,000 legends whose names will appear here for all time, please pledge by midnight tomorrow (Friday) at http://foundationofhearts.org

highlandjambo3

I particularly liked this bit:

“to which you as an FoH member and co-owner of Heart of Midlothian FC are cordially invited”.

☺️👍

jamboinglasgow

Missed this before, but sounds great. Sadly cant make it (and echo others that would be great if it was put online for members who cant make it) but this is the kind thing I would love to see the club and foundation do more.

Will be interesting to hear what the Foundations new plans are.

Psychedelicropcircle

Wonder if (those of us who bailed when the funding for the  shares was in place) us second hand FOH citizens will be invited?

29 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So that more members can atleast watch it

Why do you want to watch it?

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Why do you want to watch it?

Same reason others do -  I’m not the only one who thinks it should be online 

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Wonder if (those of us who bailed when the funding for the  shares was in place) us second hand FOH citizens will be invited?

Think it’s only current members. Email invites were sent out a while back. 

Famous 1874

I assume the email that I receive titled “Foundation of Hearts AGM Proxy Vote” will suffice on Monday evening?

Also is a bar being opened for drinks? Unsure how long it will last for 

davemclaren
18 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Same reason others do -  I’m not the only one who thinks it should be online 

Have you emailed them to suggest it?

Psychedelicropcircle
On 21/04/2022 at 20:48, davemclaren said:

Like I said second class citizen.

On 21/04/2022 at 20:48, davemclaren said:

Dave, should I have received anything other than an acknowledgement email after I registered my interest?  Just wondering if I should have received further confirmation of my attendance before I rock up with just the acknowledgement email.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Dave, should I have received anything other than an acknowledgement email after I registered my interest?  Just wondering if I should have received further confirmation of my attendance before I rock up with just the acknowledgement email.

That’s all I got as well. 

Not sure if there will be an opportunity to ask questions at the the meeting, but there's certainly one I'd like to ask Andrew Brown, given his technology background.

I've thought for some time that it would great if FOH could introduce a facility whereby fans can text one-off donations, in a similar way to a lot of charity appeals.

Given we've just won back to back big games against Hibs, I'd like to think that we could have made a fair bit in one-off donations from very happy Jambos after these games.

ford donald
On 21/03/2022 at 18:39, Sooks said:

Like most of these things I will not make it I will just keep paying in hopefully some of the Ubers report back

:pleasing:

Do FoH have a problem at the moment. I sent them 3 emails last week to clarify an issue with my account but have had nothing back from them yet. 

Looking to sign up Junior as he ants to start contrbuting...is it too late to get his name on the wall if we set up hid direct debit now?...I know the message above states it was Friday night they had to be signed up by......but thought to ask anyway...

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, moz said:

Looking to sign up Junior as he ants to start contrbuting...is it too late to get his name on the wall if we set up hid direct debit now?...I know the message above states it was Friday night they had to be signed up by......but thought to ask anyway...

I think you are too late for the wall. 

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you are too late for the wall. 

Thought it may have been....ach well....will sign him up anyway

thanks

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Not sure if there will be an opportunity to ask questions at the the meeting, but there's certainly one I'd like to ask Andrew Brown, given his technology background.

I've thought for some time that it would great if FOH could introduce a facility whereby fans can text one-off donations, in a similar way to a lot of charity appeals.

Given we've just won back to back big games against Hibs, I'd like to think that we could have made a fair bit in one-off donations from very happy Jambos after these games.

I’ve asked gary Halliday about this before . He calls it the drunk donation ( or something similar) . Pump the hibs , have a few beers , feeling good donate £10 ( or whatever) to FOH on the feel good factor . Was defo plans to introduce something like this before 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, chefjambo1 said:

I’ve asked gary Halliday about this before . He calls it the drunk donation ( or something similar) . Pump the hibs , have a few beers , feeling good donate £10 ( or whatever) to FOH on the feel good factor . Was defo plans to introduce something like this before 

You can donate a one off amount but you have to log into your account to do it.  

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You can donate a one off amount but you have to log into your account to do it.  

I don’t know how to do that sober let alone 10 pints deep 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Has the agenda for this been shared yet does anyone know? Hoping to get along to it, hopefully nake it for 6

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, zicoinexile said:

That's not the agenda though is it? 

Is it too much to expect to have been provided with more info with less than 24 hours before the meeting? 

Cant say I have ever seen Hearts do an event like this and give a full break down of the agenda. Not too sure why its important to know the full agenda before the meeting rather than what they give of what will happen at it.

zicoinexile

Its more the indication that more information would be provided before the event, and then.......nowt.

Having registered for the event I have since heard nothing - maybe that's my fault but I am not aware that anything else has been sent out. 

FarmerTweedy

I registered for this but I'm giving it a miss thanks to shingles, so I'm hoping for lots of info on what's talked about!