The Apprentice Final

neilnunb

Thought I saw a thread started about this year's series a while back but can't find it.

Anyway, having a good hoot at how useless they've been this year 🤣

Getting absolutely ripped in the interviews.

a high protein alcoholic drink? 

You lift bro? Yeah bro?

You drunk bro? 🥴 

Looking forward to this being savaged 😂😂

It doesn't taste bad enough that people won't drink it 😂😂

Didn't even have a business plan.  🤣

Pyjamas for the family...and the dog. 😁  sustainable...but having them made in China. 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

None of these businesses is investable 

They're hopeless.

Actually thought the Asian boy, Akshay (?) was about the best of a bad bunch this year but the others seemed to 'gang up' on him. 

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

They're hopeless.

Actually thought the Asian boy, Akshay (?) was about the best of a bad bunch this year but the others seemed to 'gang up' on him. 

Aye but didn't he lose like 8 tasks 

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Didn't even have a business plan.  🤣

Pyjamas for the family...and the dog. 😁  sustainable...but having them made in China. 

The pyjamas that she 'fully designed'. Except the interviewer bought the same design at a local market for a snip of the price. 😄

"I designed the shape" was her response. 

Spoiler

She made the final. 🙈

Horatio Caine

How do they succeed in finding such a crowd of arrogant arseholes year after year?  This year's mob couldn't spell `arctic` and tried to market baby food with a label that on first sight had the word `dies` in big letters.  :vrface:

Better call Saul

During the series I find Lord Sugar to be annoying he's always trying to be funny and they all laugh at his shite jokes .

Claud was looking aged but still a savage though .

JudyJudyJudy

Its been the best and worse series so far.  The worse because its been full of hopeless . deluded arseholes and the best because of it. They deserved the grilling they got last night at the interviews . Good to see Claude back after a period of illness. He got torn into them. Its incredulous to think that they are meant to be the future of business in the UK.  

As someone else noted the episode regarding  " dies" on the baby jar food bottle really was the nadir. I was watching it with a friend and we sat there incredulous as it was literally staring the viewer in the face. And what's with the Barbie doll look from the women too? heels . tight dresses etc. They looked like they were going to a nightclub rather than trying to flog a brand of some sort.  What kind of message is it sending to young women really ? The guys were just as thick too. 

There rumours on Twitter than he should just actually say that there is no winner this year as both finalists are frankly appalling. That would be a brilliant finish. 

What annoys me is that the contestants never . ever seem to learn how to play a canny game in this show. ? 

Volunteer to be team leader each week if you think you have the skill base for it

Volunteer for another role if you think you have the skill base and experience to complete it well

Listen to others suggestions respectfully and utilise them or politely thank them but not use their suggestions

Dont panic during a task and be rude and dismissive to others

Use common sense

To be fair to the contestants and their business plans they were put together and submitted as part of the original application and in doing so were "sexed up" beyond credibility.

But Baroness Karren Brady??? Looks like she is always chewing a wasp and has never got a real job in her life. Her Daddy gave her everything she ever got. If she were on the other side of the desk, would get fired week 1.

37 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

To be fair to the contestants and their business plans they were put together and submitted as part of the original application and in doing so were "sexed up" beyond credibility.

But Baroness Karren Brady??? Looks like she is always chewing a wasp and has never got a real job in her life. Her Daddy gave her everything she ever got. If she were on the other side of the desk, would get fired week 1.

:ruiner:

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

she should never be  forgiven for voting to reduce disability payments by £30 each week several years back in the HOL. Andrew Llyod Webber too. Disgusting. I used to admire her until she pulled that stunt. 

Still  to watch but watched the baby food one last night on iplayer. Fecking hilarious. How couldn't any of them spot that is beyond belief. I would have fired the whole lot of them.

download.jpeg

You've got to wonder if there aren't a couple of mole candidates placed in there to influence the teams in making ridiculous decisions. 

I also expect anyone remotely intelligent who applies is vetted out of the process pretty quickly. Used to be you roughly knew who was going to make the final stages based on their business plan credibility. Now it's whoever will come across best on This Morning or in tabloids for a couple of weeks before going the same way as all other reality tv "stars". 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, studo said:

You've got to wonder if there aren't a couple of mole candidates placed in there to influence the teams in making ridiculous decisions. 

I also expect anyone remotely intelligent who applies is vetted out of the process pretty quickly. Used to be you roughly knew who was going to make the final stages based on their business plan credibility. Now it's whoever will come across best on This Morning or in tabloids for a couple of weeks before going the same way as all other reality tv "stars". 

Good analysis . All very accurate . I never found that there might be plants ! It’s the only logical explanation lol 

Fxxx the SPFL

It’s all stage managed the contestants are filmed at the beginning getting in the taxi when they get punted they always have a long coat on because when he fires them it’s a different outfit and the deals offered are never followed through fake offers 

Alex Kintner
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And what's with the Barbie doll look from the women too? heels . tight dresses etc. They looked like they were going to a nightclub rather than trying to flog a brand of some sort.  What kind of message is it sending to young women really ?

:what:

It’s been hysterical they are so bad. It’s comedy gold and the only surprise is that Lord Sugar didn’t fire all of them after the baby food task. He’s as well setting fire to his £250k

All their business plans are shite. It must be staged bc none of their plans are going to return a significant sum. He's better off putting his 250k into my online chocolate teapot business.

Robbies right hand man

Honestly, it’s bewildering that any of them are going to get 250k based on their “business” plans.

They are ridiculously bad.

I suspect the show is now based on who will become the most profitable reality star than based on credentials etc

Edited by Robbies right hand man

It stopped being a real show about ten years ago.

It's just a business-themed Big Brother now.

None of it is real, it's all set up, the candidates are all morons, the tasks are cringe, the entire thing needs to be put to bed now.

9 hours ago, Cade said:

It stopped being a real show about ten years ago.

It's just a business-themed Big Brother now.

None of it is real, it's all set up, the candidates are all morons, the tasks are cringe, the entire thing needs to be put to bed now.

The tasks are just a nonsense now. Entirely dependant on businesses placing pretend orders for pretend products.

Used to at least be based on actual sales and deals. Maybe they'll return to that post-pandemic.

This is the first series I've watched. Really enjoyed it.

Was always put off previously by how smug and up themselves the contestants all seemed, but watching them make a series of terrible decisions after all the bravado and boasting is actually good viewing.

Edited by Ray Gin

Alex Kintner

Just caught up with the final. Surprised at the outcome and think that’s three times in 5/6 years he’s invested in a cake business?

Horatio Caine
38 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Just caught up with the final. Surprised at the outcome and think that’s three times in 5/6 years he’s invested in a cake business?

He's a bloke...

6 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

The alternative was uninvestable.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The alternative was uninvestable.

How so? Experts in that area seemed to think it a viable business who could push for a share of the market.

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

How so? Experts in that area seemed to think it a viable business who could push for a share of the market.

Looked very niche to me.  That is my opinion so maybe she can prove me wrong.

Dog owners can be a strange group of people, so I guess its not stretching it for them to buy matching dog pyjamas etc.

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Looked very niche to me.  That is my opinion so maybe she can prove me wrong.

Dog owners can be a strange group of people, so I guess its not stretching it for them to buy matching dog pyjamas etc.

Definitely a market out there for dog clothes given some of the things I’ve witnessed in my estate! 😄

• 9 months later...

Bumped this up again as its back on.  How is it even possible to find 18 ego centric, narcissistic  brain dead contestants yet again ?

Only positive a few easy on the eye. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Bumped this up again as its back on.  How is it even possible to find 18 ego centric, narcissistic  brain dead contestants yet again ?

I read in the paper on Saturday that the Scottish lad's brother is inside for murder. 

They're not alike says the mother.

I'm glad to hear it :biggrin2:

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I read in the paper on Saturday that the Scottish lad's brother is inside for murder. 

They're not alike says the mother.

I'm glad to hear it :biggrin2:

Oh yes hes one of the contestants NOT easy on the eye. :) 

That thing you do

My wife and I have a tradition of Shite TV Month in December and January. December is Christmas movies, the cheesier the better and January is binge watching UK shite via a VPN and that includes The Apprentice and anything else BBC Drama we havent seen yet on iPlayer. Havent watched any yet, we will start last week in Jan in binge format so Ill not be looking at replies above.

Is it not January you have some crap fae Ant and Dec on and the masked Singer thing too? Seem to remeber Saturday night Take Away from Covid Quarantine Jan 2020/21?

54 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

My wife and I have a tradition of Shite TV Month in December and January. December is Christmas movies, the cheesier the better and January is binge watching UK shite via a VPN and that includes The Apprentice and anything else BBC Drama we havent seen yet on iPlayer. Havent watched any yet, we will start last week in Jan in binge format so Ill not be looking at replies above.

Is it not January you have some crap fae Ant and Dec on and the masked Singer thing too? Seem to remeber Saturday night Take Away from Covid Quarantine Jan 2020/21?

Yes these months are just awful for the telly  The council telly i mean. However " Happy valley " is just outstanding.  So if you haven't seen that watch it. 

That thing you do
20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes these months are just awful for the telly  The council telly i mean. However " Happy valley " is just outstanding.  So if you haven't seen that watch it. 

Netflix show so will give that a bash. Thank you :)

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I like watching them fail the tasks and then I can’t watch the boardroom part and process the information with them talking over each other.  Might try that part with the sound off and subtitles on.  

3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I like watching them fail the tasks and then I can’t watch the boardroom part and process the information with them talking over each other.  Might try that part with the sound off and subtitles on.  

its just cringe tv. 

Have none of them learned anything from previous shows on how to get to the final?

Say not a lot

Don't undermine others

Volunteer to do the tasks

Be positive 

Be creative 

Encourage and motivate others in the tasks

DONT talk over each other 

oh and dont lie on your CV 

CavySlaveJambo
31 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

its just cringe tv. 

Have none of them learned anything from previous shows on how to get to the final?

Say not a lot

Don't undermine others

Volunteer to do the tasks

Be positive 

Be creative 

Encourage and motivate others in the tasks

DONT talk over each other 

oh and dont lie on your CV 

And do your research! 

• 1 year later...
JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, neilnunb said: