• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Roxy Hearts

I P Knightley

Despite my Irish roots, I've only ever celebrated Paddy's day twice - both times when in Dublin.

I heard on the radio that the Irish Teabag is over in the US to celebrate with Joe "Begorrah" Biden but has been ruled out by a positive Covid test. Possibly picked it up when he was in London over last weekend.

15 minutes ago, cheetah said:

GTF with St Patricks pish

100 per cent spot on.

I was going to start my annual thread on this later today, but you've done it for me.

The biggest load of crap ever, which the masses use as an excuse to get drunk and behave like ridiculous fools.

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Despite my Irish roots, I've only ever celebrated Paddy's day twice - both times when in Dublin.

I heard on the radio that the Irish Teabag is over in the US to celebrate with Joe "Begorrah" Biden but has been ruled out by a positive Covid test. Possibly picked it up when he was in London over last weekend.

Yeah I’ve got Irish roots too !! Top of the morning to you anyway 

Absolute nonsense. Why is this such a big event in Scotland? Just an excuse for bars to make extra money ?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Absolute nonsense. Why is this such a big event in Scotland? Just an excuse for bars to make extra money ?

Cause some may have Irish heritage and like to celebrate it ? What’s wrong with that ? And Scotland had a massive Irish migration 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Have a good one 

Happy St Celtic day?

Away and **** right off.

:seething:

10 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Happy Purim Trendy Jewish-Tovacu T-Shirt Digital Art by Felix

Shalom aleichem, brother.

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I’ve got Irish roots too !! Top of the morning to you anyway 

Virtue signalling nonsense. 

::troll:: 

been here before

One of the best advertising campaigns over the last 25 years or so has been Guiness turning St Patricks Day into Paddys St Guiness day.

Wank Plastic Paddys in wank Oirish pubs loving the wank craic.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

100 per cent spot on.

I was going to start my annual thread on this later today, but you've done it for me.

The biggest load of crap ever, which the masses use as an excuse to get drunk and behave like ridiculous fools.

I use most weekends for that, mate !

Don't need a Saint to do so !

:olly:

Byyy The Light

Any space on the GTF train?

I'd mind less if all the Scottish twats who celebrate this also celebrated St Andrew or even Burns.  Prancing about fake Irish bars with Guinness leprechaun hats and shamrock face paints like a bunch of arseholes.

JudyJudyJudy

Oh dear I seem to have rattled a few cages 😂😂😂 I sometimes forget this is a football forum 

3069D45E-E140-4033-9E97-967DF45E691F.gif

Auld Reekin'
57 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Feck St Pats.

And, in particular, this Pat:

image.jpeg.95c4b8a1460802a741133871e2c0b41b.jpeg

Hope someone pishes in yer pint o' porter, ya little pr!ck. :icon14:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

52 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lanzarote is a sea of green, white and orange. Silly hats everywhere and folk walking the streets draped in Tricolours.

I stayed at a mate's flat there a few years ago and very close was a plaza type thing with an Irish boozer in it. Vomit inducing plastic paddies everywhere. Very big contingent of them on Lanzarote. It was like walking into the old Baird's Bar next to Barrowland before an SLF gig. But i will still be sinking a Guinness later in https://www.fidelmurphys.com/ later begorrah!

The result of a magnificent marketing campaign by the manufacturer of a well known drink. 
Though as a Guinness drinker I do find it funny watching people trying to drink it when they clearly don’t like the taste. The lure of a big foam hat is obviously too strong for some to resist. 

And, while I'm at it - If I ever felt the need to dress up as a Leprechaun and/or wear a green felt hat, drink pishy Guinness and be embroiled in a fight by tea-time, I'd be thinking it was about time to grow up, dig out my Celtic scarf and start a thread on Kerrydale Street.

FSP

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Virtual signalling is a  modern phenomena! You’ll be anyone celebrating. Xmas is a virtual signaller ! 

5F63B13C-FBC6-4C68-BAE5-2CBE86ED614A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Virtual signalling is a  modern phenomena! You’ll be anyone celebrating. Xmas is a virtual signaller ! 

5F63B13C-FBC6-4C68-BAE5-2CBE86ED614A.jpeg

Enjoy your nauseating pint of Guinness 

😀

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Enjoy your nauseating pint of Guinness 

😀

Not all Irish or their descendants like Guinness . That’s a stereotype and we don’t want to stereotype a group of people do we ? For the record I’ve drank it once and it’s foul . I won’t even touch Irish whisky 🥃 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You mis-spelled virtue signalling. Don't worry - no need to feel embarrassed. About your bad spelling, I mean.

Your toxic worldview? That's another matter.
ERHMAHGERD WOT A BUNCH OF VIRTUAL SIGNALLING SNOWFLAAEKS!!?!*!! YOU CANT EVIN SAY NUGGER ANYMORE WITHOUT BEEING CALLED A RACEIST!!!

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, cheetah said:
You mis-spelled virtue signalling. Don't worry - no need to feel embarrassed. About your bad spelling, I mean.

Your toxic worldview? That's another matter.
ERHMAHGERD WOT A BUNCH OF VIRTUAL SIGNALLING SNOWFLAAEKS!!?!*!! YOU CANT EVIN SAY NUGGER ANYMORE WITHOUT BEEING CALLED A RACEIST!!!

Predictive text !! That’s my excuse anyway 

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And, while I'm at it - If I ever felt the need to dress up as a Leprechaun and/or wear a green felt hat, drink pishy Guinness and be embroiled in a fight by tea-time, I'd be thinking it was about time to grow up, dig out my Celtic scarf and start a thread on Kerrydale Street.

FSP

Oi I thought you liked Maureen Ohara 😂

35475E39-B225-4978-AB1E-1F4F40635497.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not all Irish or their descendants like Guinness . That’s a stereotype and we don’t want to stereotype a group of people do we ? For the record I’ve drank it once and it’s foul . I won’t even touch Irish whisky 🥃 

0E71F5D4-303C-45E7-9415-7FBFEB750FAF.gif

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

And, in particular, this Pat:

image.jpeg.95c4b8a1460802a741133871e2c0b41b.jpeg

Hope someone pishes in yer pint o' porter, ya little pr!ck. :icon14:

:laugh:

And in the greatest of ironies St Patrick’s day was a dry day in Ireland until the 70’s as it was a religious holiday. The St Patrick’s festival in Dublin didn’t start until the 90’s. 
I was “lucky” enough to spend the day in New York in 2018, I’ve seldom seen so many drunk idiots early in the day in my life. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It's a tad ironic that it's my birthday too. 

That’s incredible it’s Patrick’s too ! 😂 happy birthday 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Boab said:

Don't need a Saint to do so !

:olly:

👍🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Top of the morning to you, sir.  👍

3 hours ago, Boab said: