Hydrogen power trial

milky_26

Auld Reekin'
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not as interesting as this pilot.

Bader-colour-retouch.jpg?ssl=1

Nah - you've not got a leg to stand on there...   :glare:

How I See It by Denzil McDaniel: Is commitment to better society the  minimum requirement? | Impartial Reporter

18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Exciting project, common sense 

Totally agree. Also, they really need to start pushing hydrogen fueled cars as well.

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, superjack said:

Totally agree. Also, they really need to start pushing hydrogen fueled cars as well.

If you have to push them too often I don't think it's going catch on

Dennis Denuto

This looks an excellent trial, really good use of technologies.

Going further I wonder what the energy loss is on converting electricity to hydrogen and then even using that to produce electricity again after storage.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you have to push them too often I don't think it's going catch on

:fonzie:

2 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

This looks an excellent trial, really good use of technologies.

Going further I wonder what the energy loss is on converting electricity to hydrogen and then even using that to produce electricity again after storage.

from what i've seen i think around 40% is the maximum efficiency for current hydrogen production methods

A Boy Named Crow
7 hours ago, superjack said:

100% agree, the problem is it economic madness just now... which is why stories like the link below are great news. It's also good that someone like Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest is chucking his billions made from mining behind green hydrogen. It's the future, but the hydrocarbon dependent companies will do all they can to discredit it snd lobby against it. Oil and gas are the new tobacco. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/mar/16/australian-researchers-claim-giant-leap-in-technology-to-produce-affordable-renewable-hydrogen

21 hours ago, milky_26 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60241966

interesting pilot where green hydrogen will be mixed with natural gas for some 300 homes in buckhaven and methil. i hope this works and can be scaled up as i see this as a better way to heat/power homes in the future 

Interesting article.  I wonder if they could also store the Oxygen produced by the electrolysis process and sell it to hospitals etc.

It's great to see Scotland leading the way on these projects again, I saw another article recently about sheep on one of the islands in the North West being fed seaweed at part of their diet which reduces the amount of farts they do 😂 Joking aside, they think it could be a long term solution for cows as they apparently pump a load of methane into the atmosphere each year which contributes to global warming.