Dame Shirley Bassey

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

No she's no deed.   She was the opening act last night at the Baftas and was sensational. It was celebrating 60 years of Bond.  Rebel Wilson hosted it and she was absolutely awful. Her hosting may go down as one of the most embarrassing hosting gigs , almost as bad as Sam Fox and Mike Fleetwood at the Brits years back. 

But back to Bassey. She was stunning and she's 85 !!! 85 

I watched Rebel Wilson's cringey 'joke' about Putin where she flicked him off.

What an over-indulgent display of nausea.  I saw that they were all wearing Ukranian colours.

What the **** is this meant to be nowadays exactly?

An awards ceremony where it is more obsessed with box ticking and virtue signalling than the 'arts' themselves.

Edited by i8hibsh

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Marlon got some competition there James? 

Oh no im

a one man man 👨 or two lol 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I watched Rebel Wilson's cringey 'joke' about Putin where she flicked him off.

What an over-indulgent display of nausea.  I saw that they were all wearing Ukranian colours.

What the **** is this meant to be nowadays exactly?

An awards ceremony where it is more obsessed with box ticking and virtue signalling than the 'arts' themselves.

It’s getting pelted left right and centre on social media . It was dreadful . A luvvie love virtual signalling love fest . There weren’t even any genuine greats there since it’s meant to be the BAFTAs Vanessa Redgrave , Glenda Jackson et al used to attend it and other British greats . 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Birley Chassis.

:sweeet:

She certainly seems to have some chassis on her ! 😎 no bad for 85 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s getting pelted left right and centre on social media . It was dreadful . A luvvie love virtual signalling love fest . There weren’t even any genuine greats there since it’s meant to be the BAFTAs Vanessa Redgrave , Glenda Jackson et al used to attend it and other British greats . 

Those “greats” are now very old people with little to no relevance to what is happening in film and TV nowadays. People like Kenneth Branagh are now filling those roles and aren’t young talents anymore but the established talents. 

We are a ****ing laughing stock to the entire world.

We can't even get films or television shows funded now unless it adheres to the diversity script (Kenneth Branagh recently proved this with his abomination 'Belfast'.

We can't even make advertisements now unless it only has a limited amount of white hands or faces in it.  We are fighting racism and inequality with racism and inequality!

It is alll just so so wrong, I feel we are way past the point of no return now.

Nigeria, South Korea, Bolywood and China re the 4 biggest film industries on the planet outside Holywood and there is not even the slightest bit of diversity amongst them.  Watched a few South Korean films since lockdown and they are 100% South Korean, this is to say the entire cast are South Korean.  These films are knocking Western films out the park as they are all about the actual script and film and not entirely about diversity quotas as quite simply they clearly give zero ****s about diversity.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Those “greats” are now very old people with little to no relevance to what is happening in film and TV nowadays. People like Kenneth Branagh are now filling those roles and aren’t young talents anymore but the established talents. 

Yeah I know that just miss those great talents . Hardly can identify half the “ stars” last night really and I’m a massive film fan . The glltz and glamour is gone hence social media going nuts about Miss Bassey . She’s old school 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We can't even get films or television shows funded now unless it adheres to the diversity script (Kenneth Branagh recently proved this with his abomination 'Belfast'.

We can't even make advertisements now unless it only has a limited amount of white hands or faces in it.  We are fighting racism and inequality with racism and inequality!

Nigeria, South Korea, Bolywood and China re the 4 biggest film industries on the planet outside Holywood and there is not even the slightest bit of diversity amongst them.  Watched a few South Korean films since lockdown and they are 100% South Korean, this is to say the entire cast are South Korean.  These films are knocking Western films out the park as they are all about the actual script and film and not entirely about diversity quotas as quite simply they clearly give zero ****s about diversity.

Nigerian, South Korea, Bollywood, and China all have something in common besides their big film industries. Non diverse populations. They have little to no diversity to reflect in their films. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nigerian, South Korea, Bollywood, and China all have something in common besides their big film industries. Non diverse populations. They have little to no diversity to reflect in their films. 

Minorities are vastly over represented in British film, telivision and adverts. It simply does not reflect society. Is this inclusion?

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Minorities are vastly over represented in British film, telivision and adverts. It simply does not reflect society. Is this inclusion?

That is your opinion. I’m not sure the statistics back it up but I wouldn’t say for sure without researching the figures first. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That is your opinion. I’m not sure the statistics back it up but I wouldn’t say for sure without researching the figures first. 

Do you not watch adverts?

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I recall the disgraceful outcry from the woke crowd when Anthony Hopkins’s won best actor Oscar last year as some felt that the late Chadwick Boseman should have  won  He was a black actor . Hopkins won because he gave the better performance not because he was white . It was shameful that Hopkins even had to apologise for winning it due to the “ back lash “ from that crowd . The BAFTAs are more woke than the Oscars I’d say and often give tokenism awards . 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

would

:peepwall:

I hear she was a bit of a goer in her  day.  ‘My dad fancied her like mad . 

Lone Striker
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do you not watch adverts?

Adverts are there because the companies behind them are trying to sell something - entertainment isn't their main purpose.   Not sure why you're so upset at the colour/gender/disability ratios is adverts anyway.   

Save your outrage for the companies and products they're trying to flog !!

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Adverts are there because the companies behind them are trying to sell something - entertainment isn't their main purpose.   Not sure why you're so upset at the colour/gender/disability ratios is adverts anyway.   

Save your outrage for the companies and products they're trying to flog !!

The only thing companies sell now is their image.

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So you are happy seeing black and asian people on film, just not if they are British films. Why is that, exactly? What difference does it make?

John Findlay
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I hear she was a bit of a goer in her  day.  ‘My dad fancied her like mad . 

She was putty in Eric Morecombe's hands.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So you are happy seeing black and asian people on film, just not if they are British films. Why is that, exactly? What difference does it make?

I am not happy about the under representation of the majority of the UK in film, tv and adverts and I utterly abhore diversity quotas.  To give someone a job based on their skin colour, sexuality, gender etc is as bad and wrong as to not give soemone a job based on their skin colour, sexuality and gender.

And I object to our governments, media and academia feeding constant 'evil whitey' propoganda to the masses.

We seem to celebrate all cultures and flags in this country bar our own.

Our obsession with micro matters, minorities, gender and racial inequality in this country is all consuming and it is ****ing relentless.

Lone Striker
46 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

According to the 2011 census, 87% are  White or British white.   7% are Asian or British Asian.    So if a film or TV production is going to reflect that, then there should be roughly 1 Asian actor for every 11 White actors.

But there are other factors a film or TV producer has to take into account - the subject matter, the era the story is set in, which lead actors would suit best,  crowd scenes etc

Then you've got disability and gender quotas.     Then you've got the controversies of able-bodied actors depicting disabled characters - e.g. James McAvoy, Eddie Redmayne,  Daniel Day-Lewis 

At a guess, you could probably find more examples of productions which under represent  some minorities than  over-represent them. 

I agree its a modern-day minefield, but at least there's an accepted awareness to try to  aim for some degree of inclusiveness in the arts.  

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

According to the 2011 census, 87% are  White or British white.   7% are Asian or British Asian.    So if a film or TV production is going to reflect that, then there should be roughly 1 Asian actor for every 11 White actors.

But there are other factors a film or TV producer has to take into account - the subject matter, the era the story is set in, which lead actors would suit best,  crowd scenes etc

Then you've got disability and gender quotas.     Then you've got the controversies of able-bodied actors depicting disabled characters - e.g. James McAvoy, Eddie Redmayne,  Daniel Day-Lewis 

At a guess, you could probably find more examples of productions which under represent  some minorities than  over-represent them. 

I agree its a modern-day minefield, but at least there's an accepted awareness to try to  aim for some degree of inclusiveness in the arts.  

Political correctness is not correctness, it is political correctness.

We are making historical dramas that rewrite history.

I watched a program the other day called "what annoys me about white people".  I mean. where to ****ing begin with this.  

In the minds of some - this is inclusion and strengthens our society.

We need to start asking a serious question.  Do we want our future generations to be taught what is politically correct or what is correct.

54 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

would

:peepwall:

:jj_facepalm:

Me too.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am not happy about the under representation of the majority of the UK in film, tv and adverts and I utterly abhore diversity quotas.  To give someone a job based on their skin colour, sexuality, gender etc is as bad and wrong as to not give soemone a job based on their skin colour, sexuality and gender.

And I object to our governments, media and academia feeding constant 'evil whitey' propoganda to the masses.

Our obsession with micro matters, minorities, gender and racial inequality in this country is all consuming and it is ****ing relentless.

You consider seeing asian and black people in British films to be "evil whitey propaganda"?  :lol: 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

You consider seeing asian and black people in British films to be "evil whitey propaganda"?  :lol: 

No

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I very much doubt that White or British White actors/crew are under-represented, unless you're talking about Bollywood stuff or films about race riots or soul music.        Can you give an example of an  "evil whitey" incident or news item ?   

Sounds like you're the one who's obsessed about the possibility of others being obsessed.  

JudyJudyJudy

The only way to dress at this muddy festivals really ! 😂