Home CCTV

tightrope

Ok kickback masses, looking for a decent CCTV kit, 3 or 4 cameras, that I can fit myself. Must be able to check from phone and be reasonably priced.  Got some feckin weirdo trying my door handle when I'm out. Cheers for any recommendations.

my parents have this. i fitted it. basics are drilling through walls for the cables and then screwing the cameras to the walls

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Leave your door unlocked and set a nasty trap for them instead

Between the dog and my 6'4" son, he wouldn't get far.👺 Though I am not advocating that any violence would occur............

7 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Ok kickback masses, looking for a decent CCTV kit, 3 or 4 cameras, that I can fit myself. Must be able to check from phone and be reasonably priced.  Got some feckin weirdo trying my door handle when I'm out. Cheers for any recommendations.

Invite him in and ask why he's intruding on your private space.

If you dont mind his response let him leave, if you do mind his response smash him in the face with shovel you purchased from Amazon.

Go for the strong handle version is my best advice. Circu £30.

No need for overpriced security systems bud.

Just now, Smithee said:

You can use old android phones, I used to use them for watching a grow

This is interesting 😁

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Invite him in and ask why he's intruding on your private space.

If you dont mind his response let him leave, if you do mind his response smash him in the face with shovel you purchased from Amazon.

Go for the strong handle version is my best advice. Circu £30.

No need for overpriced security systems bud.

Lol fantastic

3 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Thanks milky, they happy with it? Looks good and great price.

yep very happy with it. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IP webcam is the app, and I was using bubble buckets then :thumbsup:

Cheers will look at that.

I'd had someone trying my door a few times. Bought a Ring doorbell and not had a repeat since.

Ainsley Harriott

Ring is good would suggest that. Bit overly sensitive though goes off with vans putting a shadow on the lawn sometimes.

16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ring is good would suggest that. Bit overly sensitive though goes off with vans putting a shadow on the lawn sometimes.

Do these need to be hard wired? Also do they come on with motion sensors? Thanks

been here before
29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IP webcam is the app, and I was using bubble buckets then :thumbsup:

:lol:

Ive got no idea what any of that means. Sounds like some 70s jive talk those black dudes in the Airplane film would say.

Aint no thang...

27300-airplane-jive.jpeg.jpg.6d4c381cd6ef866526c91985eafce617.jpg

Edited by been here before

Unknown user
1 minute ago, been here before said:

:lol:

Ive got no idea what any of that means. Sounds like some 80s jive talk those black dudes in the Airplane film would say.

Aint no thang...

:laugh2:

maroondevo52

Had a Ring for a while now, also handy for keeping an eye on the car and for telling the delivery guys where to put the parcels when your out 👌

1 hour ago, tightrope said:

Do these need to be hard wired? Also do they come on with motion sensors? Thanks

No need for hard wiring and yes they have motion sensors.

Does a web cam stop you getting a gubbing these days aye ??

Buy a shovel . . . and use it.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, kila said:

Leave your door unlocked and set a nasty trap for them instead

Do a quick revision of Home Alone.

2 hours ago, tightrope said:

You can get bother wired (just using existing doorbell wires) or wireless ones.

Battery lasts 2 to 3 months for me. I bought a spare so I can just switch them without any "down time".

Cairneyhill Jambo

I got a Reolink camera from Amazon. Fantastic quality. Solar powered and works through your WiFi so you can check your house at anytime. Really easy to install and about £80. 

It sends you a notification on your phone when someone sets it off. You can disable the notifications as well. 

Reolink Solar Security Camera Outdoor, Wireless Rechargeable Battery, Home CCTV WiFi IP Camera, 1080p Fun Time Lapse, PIR Motion Detection, 2-Way Audio, 128GB SD Card Storage, Argus Eco+Solar Panel https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQNRWK2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_W2CTWZPZD6CDCNSGVG46

luckyBatistuta

I’ve got Ring front and back garden and it’s been brilliant. I don’t understand why folks get a normal cctv camera that just records a video. What use is a fuzzy video of some wee scrotes in hoodies after they’ve already stolen your valuables. At least with a Ring system and similar, you can get the chance to react before or during the burglary. Quite a few friends have installed them in their businesses after recommending it to them. I haven’t ever heard them complain about getting it fitted either. On the fitting, it’s an absolute doddle to set up.

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve got Ring front and back garden and wee scrotes.

Sounds sore, my condolences.  😧     

🤪

Another thumbs up for ring here. We have the doorbell and 3 wireless cameras that all work seamlessly. There are cheaper alternatives out there that will do a similar job. 

Good thing to point out is that you also need to pay about £25 a year to be able to see any recordings made by Ring.

I've got the Ring and also an Amazon "blink" camera for indoors (doggy cam). Blink is fairly cheap and easy to fit, but would reccommend the Ring

Samuel Camazzola

Find out what equipment captured "Porto" and his chavvy pals thieving in Dalkeith. That looked like a decent quality of image would do the trick. 👍 

52 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Find out what equipment captured "Porto" and his chavvy pals thieving in Dalkeith. That looked like a decent quality of image would do the trick. 👍 

I saw it reported as a Ring camera. A Ring camera living up to it's name and filming an areshole.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve got Ring front and back garden and it’s been brilliant. I don’t understand why folks get a normal cctv camera that just records a video. What use is a fuzzy video of some wee scrotes in hoodies after they’ve already stolen your valuables. At least with a Ring system and similar, you can get the chance to react before or during the burglary. Quite a few friends have installed them in their businesses after recommending it to them. I haven’t ever heard them complain about getting it fitted either. On the fitting, it’s an absolute doddle to set up.

well i was just about to say that. whats the point in cctv which just records a crime. it hardly every deters those desperate hardened criminals. 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well i was just about to say that. whats the point in cctv which just records a crime. it hardly every deters those desperate hardened criminals. 

Evidence and identification mainly. Having the ability to view live is also available on modern cctv systems. For most though I’d imagine wireless solutions like ring, nest etc are more than adequate and very easy to set up. 

mrmarkus1981_1

I've got a battery one at the front door, like @hughesie27 with two batteries. Great when they work!!!

I had dog walkers come to my front door, open the door (with a key), take my dogs and drive away.

Ring camera = nothing, nada, zilch!!!

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, tightrope said:

One I got is battery powered battery lasts months then rechargeable. Just attached it to the wall at your door. Has boundary sensors that alert you if someone is on your porperty. Two way mic as well so you can tell them to **** off from your phone.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Meathook said:

I saw it reported as a Ring camera. A Ring camera living up to it's name and filming an areshole.

They should use that footage as promotional material.