Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Not sure where the ugly sisters came into my post, I never mentioned them. Just seems selfish that some people want to deprive what could be a significant number of Hearts supporters from having a season ticket and watching the derby because they're worried that their day out to ER once or twice a year might be impacted. And for the record, I do go to derbies at ER.

Having a full stand at ER, is not just about a day out. I reckon is also good for the team and may help us secure more points.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Having a full stand at ER, is not just about a day out. I reckon is also good for the team and may help us secure more points.

You have to weigh up what’s more important though. We have already reduced the old firm away allocation so to not sell season tickets to Hearts fans for the sake of two home games against Hibs makes no sense to me, even taking into account Hibs might reduce our allocation in response. 

Season ticket availability tonight:

Wheatfield: 260

Main: 150

Gorgie: 66

LEFT: 476

At the start of last season, I estimated that the club had around 14,900 seats in these three stands available for season ticket purchase. Bearing in mind the discussion that's being had just now about whether the club might want to reintroduce some form of season ticket for the Roseburn, and assuming a similar number are available in Wheatfield, Main and Gorgie stands for this coming season, we would probably need to sell less than 900 more season tickets than last year in order to sell out the available seats unless the Roseburn comes into play. (The club announced this week that we had over 14,000 ST holders).

Even though there's less than 500 currently left - and a good few new ones have obviously been bought since yesterday already - there will inevitably be some fresh seats available once the current season ticket holders renewal period ends in June.

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You have to weigh up what’s more important though. We have already reduced the old firm away allocation so to not sell season tickets to Hearts fans for the sake of two home games against Hibs makes no sense to me, even taking into account Hibs might reduce our allocation in response. 

We could sell category B tickets as we did before? 

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

At the start of last season, I estimated that the club had around 14,900 seats in these three stands available for season ticket purchase. Bearing in mind the discussion that's being had just now about whether the club might want to reintroduce some form of season ticket for the Roseburn, and assuming a similar number are available in Wheatfield, Main and Gorgie stands for this coming season, we would probably need to sell less than 900 more season tickets than last year in order to sell out the available seats unless the Roseburn comes into play. (The club announced this week that we had over 14,000 ST holders).

Even though there's less than 500 currently left - and a good few new ones have obviously been bought since yesterday already - there will inevitably be some fresh seats available once the current season ticket holders renewal period ends in June.

Every year we will have some season ticket churn and this could be enough to cover demand.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Every year we will have some season ticket churn and this could be enough to cover demand.

Yes, and this year will be no different - although perhaps less churn than normal given the positive season we've enjoyed.

ScottieMac17

Got my first season ticket ever tonight for next season... Going with my mate! Honestly can't wait!!! 

Biffa Bacon
On 23/04/2022 at 21:43, McCrae said:

We could sell category B tickets as we did before? 

Why would we sell Cat Bs for 13 games a season when we could sell full STs to sell all 19 matches? Securing guaranteed income upfront for the season ahead.

18 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why would we sell Cat Bs for 13 games a season when we could sell full STs to sell all 19 matches? Securing guaranteed income upfront for the season ahead.

Selling out tickets for the big games isn’t a problem.

19 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Could sell a ST for 17 games and only exclude Hibs and then decide about Hibs allocation at a later date.

Call it something else so we can still charge Cat A prices to the away OF fans. 

Biffa Bacon
16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Could sell a ST for 17 games and only exclude Hibs and then decide about Hibs allocation at a later date.

Why? Postponing sales when we don't have to, and adding the complication of what if we are in different halfs after the split.

22 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Would make sense.  Some fans…. Especially with young kids don’t like taking them to Celtic/Rangers/Hibs games … so their would be demand for the non big game season tickets.

8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why? Postponing sales when we don't have to, and adding the complication of what if we are in different halfs after the split.

Demand isn’t their yet to make it clear we need to look at selling tickets for the Roseburn stand. Once we see what the up take is like the club will make the call.  Maybe they are not expecting demand to be that strong and thus could be the reason they haven’t already advertised Cat B tickets.

FarmerTweedy
On 23/04/2022 at 18:02, McCrae said:

Nothing stopping these fans for going to the Ugly sister games. They can always buy a Category B season ticket for the other matches.

Tell us more about these category B season tickets that even Hearts don't seem to know exist, given that they're not mentioned at all in the season ticket pricing info for next season! 

FarmerTweedy
On 23/04/2022 at 19:42, McCrae said:

If you're giving them the same benefit at Tynie, surely that helps them? Do you not want us to beat them at Tynie?  Maybe we'd have beaten them in the first derby of the season if half the school end had been Hearts fans instead of it all being hibs fans?

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

His only actual beef with that is that hibs might take the huff and he might not get a ticket for derbies at the San giro.  That's all it comes down to. He'd much rather he gets to go to fester Road once or twice a season than another Jambo gets to become a season ticket holder, if the latter happening would risk the former not happening! 

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tell us more about these category B season tickets that even Hearts don't seem to know exist, given that they're not mentioned at all in the season ticket pricing info for next season! 

I'm sure we'll hear something about the Roseburn come June.
As it stands now, there are single seats dotted around the other stands so probably would make sense for the club to introduce something so people could sit together.
I'd imagine that's their thinking.
With only one guaranteed Hibs game pre-split, it would make sense to sell A tickets in there...in my humble opinion !

Edited by Boab

David McCaig
On 23/04/2022 at 21:39, JALBO said:

Although we still have the issue of blocks of tickets not being released ie the bottom section next to the Police Box and lower G.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

My first ever season ticket was a cat B in the roseburn. Was pish knowing i was missing the big games.

A cat B next season would probably mean just missing out on 1 game (Hibs).  Even then they would surely get priority for any realeased on public sale.

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

His only actual beef with that is that hibs might take the huff and he might not get a ticket for derbies at the San giro.  That's all it comes down to. He'd much rather he gets to go to fester Road once or twice a season than another Jambo gets to become a season ticket holder, if the latter happening would risk the former not happening! 

In a nutshell. All the other arguments put forward are illogical and self-serving. To grow the club we need as many Hearts fans as possible packing out Tynecastle. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
On 23/04/2022 at 22:52, KevinKyle10 said:

Renewed for myself.

Wee man also got his first season ticket after a couple of tasters this season.

12 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Got my first season ticket ever tonight for next season... Going with my mate! Honestly can't wait!!! 

How are people purchasing their first season ticket for themselves and others if this period is for renewals only?

Have I completely misread the dates?

Stewie Griffin
2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

How are people purchasing their first season ticket for themselves and others if this period is for renewals only?

If seats are vacant then they can be purchased just now. Existing season ticket holder seats are still reserved until the 11th of June.

Biffa Bacon
5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

ST seats are reserved for now, any that are currently unused are up for grabs.

Biffa Bacon

Yeah I get it.... then he could make sure that LPs are high enough and no issue for ER.... regardless of how they allocate tickets.

Hearts used to sell Category B season tickets, no reason why they couldn’t do it again.

On 23/04/2022 at 13:50, luckydug said:

One slight snag we would run into if

We start selling STs for the Roseburn. 

The domestic Cup games I believe we have to offer away teams 20% of our capacity. 

In these circumstances we would not be able to guarantee all our ST holders the opportunity to buy a ticket. 

We used to sell category B season tickets for the Roseburn these excluded old firm and hibs games. We could do this again but only exclude the hibs game and keep the Derby special. Season tickets are not valid for Cup games so it would be first come first served.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

the issue has always been we get less money that way.

splitting the Roseburn  means a large block of seats between the two sets of fans cannot be sold. We get full whack for these seats from OF and Hibs fans, less if we fill H J & part of K with Hearts season ticket holders.

personally I would go for

1 sell the three stands until 99%full

2 offer H and J at a slightly reduced ST price with no Hibs game

i do get why people want to reduce the OF but I feel there is less of a case for removing the Hibs fans and having thereby a smaller attendance for the derby. Every seat should be full for that game

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

We used to sell category B season tickets for the Roseburn these excluded old firm and hibs games. We could do this again but only exclude the hibs game and keep the Derby special. Season tickets are not valid for Cup games so it would be first come first served.

great minds…..

It’s not just the games at Easter Road… I think having a full Roseburn stand adds to the atmosphere of the games at Tynecastle.

Bung in the fact the club would make more money, no segregation required in the Roseburn.

For atleast 12 of our home games it’s easy to get a ticket. Until we start selling out those games I don’t think we need to do any changes. Giving people the incentive to renew season tickets so they can watch the big is the smart thing to do. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

splitting the Roseburn  means a large block of seats between the two sets of fans cannot be sold. We get full whack for these seats from OF and Hibs fans, less if we fill H J & part of K with Hearts season ticket holders.

i do get why people want to reduce the OF but I feel there is less of a case for removing the Hibs fans and having thereby a smaller attendance for the derby. Every seat should be full for that game

You have to balance the segregation cost of one or two games against Hibs against the income lost from those who would only buy a season ticket there if Hibs games are included. I think you should look after your own first. 

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

100% agree.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You have to balance the segregation cost of one or two games against Hibs against the income lost from those who would only buy a season ticket there if Hibs games are included. I think you should look after your own first. 

I get that. Think most people desperate to attend the Hibs  games would have got theirs in the three main stands, the Roseburnwould be slightly cheaper so would give a low cost option

nice problem to have, anyway

So Hearts fans who wish to buy a season ticket will be denied the opportunity to purchase one or be excluded from derbies to make more tickets available for Hibs fans? This emphatically is not going to happen and quite rightly so.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I get that. Think most people desperate to attend the Hibs  games would have got theirs in the three main stands, the Roseburnwould be slightly cheaper so would give a low cost option

nice problem to have, anyway

Indeed. I always like to get as much income upfront as possible as a team can very quickly turn from good to bad in a season. 

Biffa Bacon
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The debate is whether we should accommodate hibs fans in Tynie, when Hearts are locked out. We have no control over what Hibs do, and if they cut our allocation, so be it. 

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Who would want a season ticket minus the Hibs game 

9 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So a Cat B ticket... 

16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If it's between that and having to buy tickets for 17 individual games then I reckon quite a few would 

32 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

So Hearts fans who wish to buy a season ticket will be denied the opportunity to purchase one or be excluded from derbies to make more tickets available for Hibs fans? This emphatically is not going to happen and quite rightly so.

It happened before and could again. 

Hold on, i didnt have a seaso this year but gona next year. Is it not just renewals at present? Can i buy one without having had one this year??

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hold on, i didnt have a seaso this year but gona next year. Is it not just renewals at present? Can i buy one without having had one this year??

Yes you can buy any seat that’s available at the moment 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes, probably not the best seats but you can then move seats during the dedicated moving period, assuming some season ticket holders don't renew 

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yes you can buy any seat that’s available at the moment 

Ah! I read the website as only open to renewals!

Ta for that

The Wrinkly Ninja

19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ah! I read the website as only open to renewals!

Ta for that

Likewise. Glad I asked.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

I had one (categoryB ) for three seasons until they stopped doing them.

Edited by Jambo-Fox

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)