Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

the issue has always been we get less money that way.

splitting the Roseburn  means a large block of seats between the two sets of fans cannot be sold. We get full whack for these seats from OF and Hibs fans, less if we fill H J & part of K with Hearts season ticket holders.

personally I would go for

1 sell the three stands until 99%full

2 offer H and J at a slightly reduced ST price with no Hibs game

i do get why people want to reduce the OF but I feel there is less of a case for removing the Hibs fans and having thereby a smaller attendance for the derby. Every seat should be full for that game

I think this was especially true a few years ago, but nowadays, the lost income from the large block of seats that is used for segregation when Hearts and aways fans both share the Roseburn is mitigated somewhat by the fact that, when we do give the full Roseburn to Hibs or the OF, we take a big chunk of seats off sale at both lower ends of the Roseburn, as well as the front few rows immediately behind the goal, and we don't sell any tickets in lower G to home fans.

I should probably do a count of "not for sale" seats sometime, but, off the top of my head, we might find by giving a couple of sections of the Roseurn to Hearts fans, we're actually selling just 150 or so seats less when all's said and done.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KevinKyle10
2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

How are people purchasing their first season ticket for themselves and others if this period is for renewals only?

Have I completely misread the dates?

I think you have until the date specified to renew your ticket in your current seat, if that makes sense.

Then it’s general sale.

but all other seats on sale just now.

indianajones
Just now, KevinKyle10 said:

I think you have until the date specified to renew your ticket in your current seat, if that makes sense.

Then it’s general sale.

but all other seats on sale just now.

Sounds about right. 

Its not very clear as others have said. Wonder how many seats will be released once the renewal period expires. There arent many tickets left. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think this was especially true a few years ago, but nowadays, the lost income from the large block of seats that is used for segregation when Hearts and aways fans both share the Roseburn is mitigated somewhat by the fact that, when we do give the full Roseburn to Hibs or the OF, we take a big chunk of seats off sale at both lower ends of the Roseburn, as well as the front few rows immediately behind the goal, and we don't sell any tickets in lower G to home fans.

I should probably do a count of "not for sale" seats sometime, but, off the top of my head, we might find by giving a couple of sections of the Roseurn to Hearts fans, we're actually selling just 150 or so seats less when all's said and done.

that’s a good point. Forgot about that 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Although we still have the issue of blocks of tickets not being released ie the bottom section next to the Police Box and lower G.

That's right, and it's a mystery why seats there aren't opened up for general season ticket sale. I recall a poster mentioning their organisation is given a number of season tickets in that section, but I'm sure it was only half a dozen, or something like that. 

Lower G - I'd love for the club to bring that back into proper use again - there's certainly no reason I can think of why they can't when Hearts fans are in H&J of the Roseburn.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

that’s a good point. Forgot about that 

I think we continue to have the biggest segregation zones in Scottish football, possibly even the UK!

35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It happened before and could again. 

It did. It could. It won't. As Mr Zimmerman said: things have changed.

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ah! I read the website as only open to renewals!

Ta for that

I'm not sure the club have made this very clear. If you see available dots, you don't need to be an existing season ticket holder - you can buy them!

16 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think we continue to have the biggest segregation zones in Scottish football, possibly even the UK!

Was after this incident with Dundee United in 2015 that the segregation barrier was made massive. I'm fairly sure there was a statement from Ann Budge about it too.

The problem wasn't the narrower segregation barrier  but that it wasn't properly secured so the Dundee United guy was able to just move it out the way. Nearly 7 years later and we're still being punished... does seem quite excessive. It really ought to be plain maroon too, looks so ugly being white with G4S logos.

Absolute Scenes

Anyone know if you can change seats once renewed? For example, I renewed to a different seat from my one I had this season, but say I wanted to see if I could move from my new seat, to another new seat, will that be possible?

Another, very good, reason to sell A tickets in H and J would be to stop a reoccurrence of the chicanery at the last Celtic game. 

No match tickets for sale, no trouble !

Gerd Muller

Season ticket purchased. Not had one for a couple of seasons but can't wait to start going back. Section T!

Do you get 20 loyalty points for the season ticket? Used to be that amount. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, JALBO said:

I think it has more to do with the location of exits rather than keeping fans further apart

Stewie Griffin
2 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Season ticket purchased. Not had one for a couple of seasons but can't wait to start going back. Section T!

Yes you still get the 20 points although I don’t think they be added until this season is finished.

Seaside Dave
9 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Yes you still get the 20 points although I don’t think they be added until this season is finished.

This is correct as I was wondering too! Get them for the start of the season, or probably as soon as the final whistle goes in the cup final 😂

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think it has more to do with the location of exits rather than keeping fans further apart

Not sure about that as away fans eg Livi are sometimes given one section only so the tarpaulin/barrier is moved sometimes (might happen on Saturday v County too). I think we should have a fixed barrier floor to ceiling of preferably strong perspex , if we give a team the whole end it wouldn't matter but for other games eg old firm ones stop the missiles  directed at the rival fans.

3 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Yes, I can confirm that, it added up automatically on my account after purchasing it.

image.png

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

hmfc4life1991
14 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Yes, I can confirm that, it added up automatically on my account after purchasing it.

image.png

Not for me it didn't 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think that's true, at least to a certain extent. Although it doesn't alone explain the smaller segregation that we previously had in the Roseburn, or the significantly larger segregation at both lower ends of the Roseburn than we previously had if we have a full stand of Hibs/OF fans.

hmfc4life1991
1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I purchased mine at the ticket office not online.

Fair do. Hopefully mine go on. Seems a bit daft you get them now going in person 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ah! I read the website as only open to renewals!

Ta for that

I think it's fair to say the communication hasn't been very clear. Either that or someone has really messed up setting things up on the etickets site!

Sales are open to anyone, but currently only for seats that don't already have a season ticket holder! 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Sounds about right. 

Its not very clear as others have said. Wonder how many seats will be released once the renewal period expires. There arent many tickets left. 

I'd guess 1,000 would be a decent ballpark number.

There'll always be a fair number who sadly die, or suffer declining health or simple old age, causing them to stop going. Some will have kids and not have the time or money. Job problems, difficult shifts, difficult spouses, emigrating, and all sorts of other reasons will have people give up their season ticket, but the good news is there'll always be more folk coming along to replace them. Young folk who just got old enough to get themselves one for the first time, parents now getting their kid's first one, folk who couldn't afford it before but have now got a new job!

For anyone who isn't currently a season ticket holder but wants one for next season, my advice would be to buy the best you can get just now then see if you can get a move to a better seat when the renewal period ends, rather than just wait for the general sale, as the pickings may be slimmer then!

6 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Renewed 5 today.  How could i not?!?!?

I've been trying to renew for me and my son but can't see how to do his, even though he's in my network? 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I've been trying to renew for me and my son but can't see how to do his, even though he's in my network? 

I think we had the same problem. Could only renew my own - all my network was missing for renewal purposes. One for the ticket office I'm afraid. I'd drop them an email and I'm sure they'll help sort you out - [email protected]

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think it's fair to say the communication hasn't been very clear. Either that or someone has really messed up setting things up on the etickets site!

Sales are open to anyone, but currently only for seats that don't already have a season ticket holder! 

Aye and looking at it, nowt that suits really. Need 3, only platinum areas avail and im a mere gold kinda guy!

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

I think we had the same problem. Could only renew my own - all my network was missing for renewal purposes. One for the ticket office I'm afraid. I'd drop them an email and I'm sure they'll help sort you out - [email protected]

Network renewed today for me. 

Thank goodness I read the posts about buying season tickets. I thought it was only for renewals too. 

My son, myself and best mate all managed to get tickets tonight by registering with the club.

Glad I read this thread. I thought season tickets were only available for renewals. 

My son, myself and best mate have all purchased season tickets this evening. 

Thanks for the insight about what was actually available. Not too clear on website. 

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Never had an issue renewing all of the other 4 in my network today.

We have 4 and want to add two new, do we have to renew, then wait till open sale, buy another two, then move to six seats together, if we can? 

Edited by ericb

7 hours ago, ericb said:

We have 4 and want to add two new, do we have to renew, then wait till open sale, buy another two, then move to six seats together, if we can? 

You don't have to wait til the public sale officially starts to buy the additional tickets. You can renew your existing tickets and buy the new ones from the seats that are currently available. Then you can try and move to seats together after the renewal period finishes. 

awadooningorgie2
On 25/04/2022 at 13:09, JALBO said:

150 tickets would be around £5000 per game only - I am sure this would be saved on security costs (even if not it is a pittance compared to the money we are now about to bring in).

KevinKyle10
On 25/04/2022 at 15:17, Gerd Muller said:

out of interest did you use the finance option?

I did and don’t have the loyalty points… yet.

26 minutes ago, KevinKyle10 said:

Loyalty points get added during the close season, or at least mine did last year. Didn’t use finance option 

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

when are they on general sale

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/202223-season-ticket-prices-frozen

Renewal period 'ti 11th June for existing season ticket holders, although anyone can buy the few hundred available seats that are dotted around the 3 stands now. The general sale will be after 11th June - I expect it will be a few days after, as the club in the past has allowed a short window for existing season ticket holders to move seats before any unsold or not-renewed seats go on general sale.

Gerd Muller
4 hours ago, KevinKyle10 said:

Na didn't use finance option. 

Walter Bishop

Been trying to renew mine and my sons for a couple of days, only have option to select my seat. Contacted ticket office, got a reply eventually to say I need to add him to my network which he is already!! Tried to phone a few times today and couldn’t get through. 

Any help appreciated! 

Edited by Walter Bishop

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Been trying to renew mine and my sons for a couple of days, only have option to select my seat. Contacted ticket office, got a reply eventually to say I need to add him to my network which he is already!! Tried to phone a few times today and couldn’t get through. 

Any help appreciated! 

A number of us have had the same issue, while others have had no such difficulty, so there seems to be an anomoly on etickets. Might need a visit to the ticket office I'm afraid.

31 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Any help appreciated! 

I emailed the ticket office today because I can't buy my daughter's U13 season ticket either from my account or hers. They said I need to go in to the ticket office which seems a bit crazy and not ideal for folks who don't live in Edinburgh.

I also got a confusing answer to my question about the cut off date for U13 tickets. I assumed if you are under 13 at the start of the season, you can get an U13 ticket. Can't find anything in the terms and conditions about this. Does anyone know how this works?

Walter Bishop
52 minutes ago, JALBO said:

A number of us have had the same issue, while others have had no such difficulty, so there seems to be an anomoly on etickets. Might need a visit to the ticket office I'm afraid.

just got it sorted. I went into his account and changed permission to being able to manage tickets for him. Went back into my account and his season ticket was there. Hope this helps. 👍

18 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

just got it sorted. I went into his account and changed permission to being able to manage tickets for him. Went back into my account and his season ticket was there. Hope this helps. 👍

Fantastic thanks. Tickets renewed without having to go to the ticket office. The key thing is to change the permission from 'can assign tickets' to 'can manage tickets'. The ticket office could make this a bit clearer as there must be lots of us in this situation. Bit crazy telling us to go to the ticket office when it's easy to go online when you know how.

Edited by gnasher75

Walter Bishop
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Fantastic thanks. Tickets renewed without having to go to the ticket office. The key thing is to change the permission from 'can assign tickets' to 'can manage tickets'. The ticket office could make this a bit clearer as there must be lots of us in this situation. Bit crazy telling us to go to the ticket office when it's easy to go online when you know how.

👍

9 hours ago, JALBO said:

8 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Brilliant, thanks!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)