Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

H1b5 are a smaller club than us, with a smaller support. The different optimism levels of the two supports is certainly a big factor, probably the biggest, but the reality is they need to be doing well while we're doing mediocrely (is that actually a word?) for them to match us in sales. They need to be doing well while we're doing badly for them to surpass us by any significant margin.

Not argueing. 

But relative to Scotland they still have a "decent" support and are unlikely in trouble. 

The poster I replied to was maybe a bit too excited. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

All except Hibs. Which as it stands is just the New Year Derby.

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

All but hibs

Thanks.  I used to have the old category B ST which was all games except Hibs, Rangers, Celtic (maybe Aberdeen too, can’t remember).  This makes sense though as lots of tickets already sold for Roseburn when Rangers and Celtic visit, making it easier to keep them to just 2 sections or possibly even only 1. 

I’ve always been of the opinion that the derby should remain whole stand for Hibs but maybe it’s time to review that too?  I’m coming round to the notion that it’s more important for as many Jambos to see us pumping them than it is for more of them to be scuttling away home early. 

Peakybunnet
11 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

They know what they are signing up for 👌🏽

They had no choice. The club would rather sell tickets to Hibs fans? Is that what you would like? 

21 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I saw recently that over on insignificant.net, some were referring to <Hugo Weaving voice on> Mr Anderson <Hugo Weaving voice off> as Benny, and I had absolutely no idea why, until now! :)

Yeah, I was the same.

One of the deluded fuds talking about Scottish Mortgage Trust falling in value recently which might mean he can't continue to contribute to Hearts.  Except he doesn't own SMT, he was previously the fund manager, but it's not his money.  I wish it was as it's valued at over £10bn.

They continue to clutch at straws and can't come to terms with the fact that JA donates £3m to our club ever year, while RTC lends them money and holds security for these loans over their assets.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why would we give OF and Aberdeen two sections if we can sell one of them ourselves?

Don’t understand this thinking at all.

Initial offer for away fans should be one section. Segregation in half of the next section. All other tickets for walk ups for Jambos.

9 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

They had no choice. The club would rather sell tickets to Hibs fans? Is that what you would like? 

Personally speaking, no. I would rather they went to our fans and Hibs got a tiny section, despite the possibility of them entering into a spiteful reduction of briefs at ER. That being said, seeing a full Roseburn of them, more often than not being silenced is a delightful sight. 

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Personally speaking, no. I would rather they went to our fans and Hibs got a tiny section, despite the possibility of them entering into a spiteful reduction of briefs at ER. That being said, seeing a full Roseburn of them, more often than not being silenced is a delightful sight. 

agree with this. Not a better sight than seeing them broken in a derby

Borders Jambo
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why would we give OF and Aberdeen two sections if we can sell one of them ourselves?

Initial offer for away fans should be one section. Segregation in half of the next section. All other tickets for walk ups for Jambos.

100% this. We may not agree on Boyce but completely

this.  Let's get as many of our own fans in.

7 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

100% this. We may not agree on Boyce but completely

this.  Let's get as many of our own fans in.

I still know more lapsed season ticket holders than I do season ticket holders....our potential is astounding. 

tartofmidlothian
12 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Are there rules on how many tickets away fans will get in the roseburn for European matches? It is likely that anyone that’s purchased a season ticket in the roseburn will have the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the European home games? 

It was on the page announcing Roseburn sales - all Roseburn ST holders get first refusal on European and Scottish Cup home games, they (we) can buy them if we want.

No word on first option on Hibs walk-ups though. I very much doubt it.

The level of demand after a third placed finish is amazing. Of course, guaranteed group stage European football and only our second time in Europe in ten years helps but I think it's more about the general feel-good factor at the club. If we could just have another good season finishing 3rd and continue to build on the momentum then we could be on the cusp of something great. I think we've only managed two top three finishes in a row once (02/03 and 03/04 under Levein) since the golden era of the 1950s/60s although I could be wrong.

Niemi’s gloves
24 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Maybe something to do with crowd separation in the concourse, meaning can’t use the exit between K and L for home fans, perhaps implying health and safety wouldn’t like section L sold to home fans? 

Solution might be a second full height crowd separator in the concourse plus perhaps further toilet and kiosk provision. Maybe a project for summer 2023?

Here’s the last seat sold.  I’ll be giving that seat a wave, as it’s the least popular seat out of the 15k+ chosen!!

Whoever bought it, welcome to the party!

A110F74C-C831-4EBF-9193-DA1FE5C5A3A3.jpeg

To the best of my knowledge Hearts have only once asked ST holders to let them know if their ST is not being used so they can re-sell it. It was a NY game vs Hibs about 5/6 years ago.

Several times over recent seasons I’ve been about to e mail the ticket office to say I’m not going to use my ST, times when JKB dot counters indicate a match is heading to be a sell out and then all of a sudden a few hundred tickets are released (lower sections, hospitality sections etc) for sale in various parts of the ground.

I’m sure this season will be the same ie until all tickets are sold Hearts will not request STs to be returned.

A big incentive (for me) to return a ST would be to have the seat counted twice!! Imagine Tynecastle stadium capacity around 20,000, tickets sold (match attendance) announced as 21,000!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by Jambo-Fox

On 24/06/2022 at 06:57, MattyK82 said:

Maybe we could "seat share" with the Hobos. The Roseburn is usually half empty by half time....!

I don't think Hearts should be giving season tickets holders cashback etc. for making their seat available if they can't make the game.  Surely almost all Jambos would do it anyway in the knowledge that the club would get extra income.  

Maybe the club could donate £5 to MND or Big Hearts for every season ticket seat thats re-sold.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Genuine question. Is this the first time a non gruesome twosome club has ever completely sold out of season tickets?

19 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I don't think Hearts should be giving season tickets holders cashback etc. for making their seat available if they can't make the game.  Surely almost all Jambos would do it anyway in the knowledge that the club would get extra income.  

Maybe the club could donate £5 to MND or Big Hearts for every season ticket seat thats re-sold.

I’d be surprised if anyone took the money unless for hardship reasons. I’m missing a few and I’d donate the money into FOH as there’s no tax etc . Most would do that I’d think 

16 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I'd imagine most will give it to a mate or family member but I do think a little incentive is a good thing - the club will make more money out of it and I think it'll make it more likely to retain ST holders who maybe don't renew year upon year. A little credit towards their next ST / club shop or something might work.

I was looking at Ranger's SeatSub option and I think it's a very worthwhile idea even if I don't agree with their figures. 

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The club needs to make sure that the re-sale option doesn’t dent next years revenue e.g. giving credit back to use for next years season ticket. Appreciate the club could gain at least £20 per resale but for many the incentive shouldn’t be needed, you free up a seat for another jambo to attend and boost the clubs coffers at the same time. Anyone who bought an ST knowing they couldnt make all games could already afford it in the first place before this option came about.

What you have explained is not what would happen.

The plan would be for the season ticket holder to say they can't attend a game and the seat is then put up for re-sale. The ticket is then sold at the same price as it would have been sold for if not already occupied by a season ticket holder e.g. £30. This £30 either all goes to Hearts, some of it goes to Hearts or none of it goes to Hearts, depending on what is agreed at the start of this being setup or what the season ticket holder decides when they put their seat up for re-sale. 

1. If Hearts take the full £30 for the ticket being re-sold then they are £30 in profit. Multiple that by say 500 tickets that are re-sold each game, they will make an extra £15,000 in income per home match.

2. If they take 50% of the £30 then again they are making extra income that they would not previously have had.

3. If the season ticket holder gets the full amount, the club would not be disadvantaged from this. The supporter buying the seat would simply buy the ticket and then the money would be transferred to the season ticket holder. It wouldn't be a form of credit for a number of reasons, mainly because as you said, supporters could end up buying a season ticket next year and Hearts don't see any cash from it.

I reckon they will setup it up to allow the season ticket holder to decide what they want to do with an admin fee in place to cover any running costs.

I think a small incentive will generate more publicity for a ticket return system. But I believe there should be an option/tick box to refuse incentive or possibly pass any payment to FOH or charity. 

29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Genuine question. Is this the first time a non gruesome twosome club has ever completely sold out of season tickets?

We've done it before.

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We've done it before.

Yes, correct question would be has any other club other than Hearts or the arse cheeks ever sold out their season tickets.  Even then, you'd have to ask has any other club sold out their STs, then made more STs available in their away end and sold those out as well.

16 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I think a small incentive will generate more publicity for a ticket return system. But I believe there should be an option/tick box to refuse incentive or possibly pass any payment to FOH or charity. 

This should be the option. Absolutely. 

We aren't talking mega money here but say the options were something like:-

1. Value of incentive for ST holder

2. 100% resale for Hearts

3. VOI to Big Hearts

4. VOI to Hearts youth development

5. VOI to FOH

Add in as many official club charities as you like. Not even sure we have a vehicle for fans to fund youth development these days but you get the gist.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, 9 Mins To 2 said:

No question. After the stress of trying to get a cup final ticket by not having a season ticket last season, I wasn't putting myself through that again next season for our Euro games (plus hopefully cup finals as well) so delighted to get a season ticket for the Wheatfield. Fantastic backing by our support once again, Tynie is gonna be rockin' next season, can't wait.

Good to hear it, great handle also 👍🏽👏🏾😂

6 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Maybe be an option for both? On the basis the seat is sold? Some will maybe want the money but I'd imagine most would happily see the money go back into the club. 

If the club do go down this route the system/procedure has to be as quick to use and as simple as possible, with an absolute minimum number of clicks.  If not, many may not use it, and some who do initially may decide its not worth the time and hassle. 

MR INCREDIBLE

Don’t believe if you sell your seat you should get all your cash back as this could encourage fans who just want to guarantee tickets for European matches etc and stop fans who want to go every week !

Phil D. Corners
Just now, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Don’t believe if you sell your seat you should get all your cash back as this could encourage fans who just want to guarantee tickets for European matches etc and stop fans who want to go every week !

Absolutely.

The Club needs to learn what percentage of seats are unused each game and then work out they can do. 

I believe most people would hand there season ticket to a friend/family member if they can’t make a game. 

Putting your seat up for resale needs an incentive or nobody will do it, not a chance.

Put your seat up for sale and receive 10% credit to be used next season when you purchase your seat again. Easy peasy.

12 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Haven’t been called a radge (at least to my face) since I was about 18. Good times.

Also…

:verysmug:

All done in the best possible taste.😉

19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Putting your seat up for resale needs an incentive or nobody will do it, not a chance.

Put your seat up for sale and receive 10% credit to be used next season when you purchase your seat again. Easy peasy.

so someone puts their seat up for sale once and it sells for £25.

they then get 10% of their £450 season ticket for next year - £45 off next year.

net loss for the club £20…I though it was a way to make money!? Easy peasy!

Edited by sprinbox98

Biffa Bacon
18 minutes ago, Bull&#x27;s-eye said:

Not true, lots of posters have allowed the club to resell their tickets with no compensation. I paid full price for last year's ST, when I could have had a discount. Lots of generous donations with tickets and other initiatives for the benefit of the club and or others from the fan base. FoH is an other example.

23 minutes ago, Bull&#x27;s-eye said:

Putting your seat up for resale needs an incentive or us Jack b’stards  wont do it, not a chance.

Fixed that for you 

57 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

If the club do go down this route the system/procedure has to be as quick to use and as simple as possible, with an absolute minimum number of clicks.  If not, many may not use it, and some who do initially may decide its not worth the time and hassle. 

Totally agree. It will have to be properly secure too. Imagine if opposition fans could find a away to release seats and buy back when they appeared available. That would be carnage.

We_are_the_Hearts

1 section been done before. Get K on sale and leave L for walk ups. 1 section for all the other teams.EEE775FF-BC42-44E1-A4F3-E823F9843FBE.thumb.jpeg.e4c8e67c2d7d11aa4dce91111b22a741.jpeg

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

1 section been done before. Get K on sale and leave L for walk ups. 1 section for all the other teams.EEE775FF-BC42-44E1-A4F3-E823F9843FBE.thumb.jpeg.e4c8e67c2d7d11aa4dce91111b22a741.jpeg

In theory good idea but would imagine we would possibly lose more money overall with missing out on six games against arse cheeks and sheep even allowing for season tickets but I ain’t no mathematician 

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Bull&#x27;s-eye said:

Agree - it is important to incentivise it.  Why - it will mean people will renew year on year. People who will miss a few games will have no doubt about renewing.

A value should be credited towards next years ST. 

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

10 pound to season ticket holder 20 to the club simple as that 

2 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

10 pound to season ticket holder 20 to the club simple as that 

It's a win win for both parties. Fingers crossed it happens.

1 hour ago, sprinbox98 said:

they then get 10% of their £450 season ticket for next year - £45 off next year.

I don't think anyone is suggesting 10% off your ST for selling one ticket. I assumed they meant 10% of the value of ticket goes as a discount to next seasons ST.

So if you resell your seat 3 times in a season for £30 a time, you get £9 off next seasons ST. That's still a big profit for Hearts being able to sell a seat twice for certain games.

10% of the match ticket price, not the season ticket

1 hour ago, Bull&#x27;s-eye said:

Totally this is the way to go club makes more money , supporter gets a nice wee discount for their next season ticket and the ground stays more full on match days

There's a number of games I won't be able to make this year, would normally just hand my ticket to family/ friends for nothing. But if the club created an alternative option I'd be inclined to use it, doesn't need to be financial gain. Someone suggested 1 LP per game where ticket was handed back, this would be worth it for me whilst not costing the club money. Although it does seem a bit backwards getting a LP for not attending 🤔  

1 hour ago, Bull&#x27;s-eye said:

Plenty people do it without an 'incentive'.

Some of us care about others and the club. 

AlphonseCapone

🤣

10% off the value the ticket sells for, so £2.50, not season ticket price, that would be ridiculous. I hope your partner does the household budget....