Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

IIRC, a platinum season ticket was £450 this season. 6 individual tickets for cat A games and 13 for cat B games would come to £594.  Quite a saving with the season ticket! 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Sorry, there is a very significant financial benefit in buying a ST.

Mines works out at £14 a game and that includes Cat A games, which are over twice that amount for a walk up ticket.

What you both say is perfectly correct, although you may remember pre pandemic the platinum ticket was £500 and a £50 discount was offered for 2020-21 on the basis of games that were not played in 2019-20. The point I was making was that if you miss more than a few of games then there is no real saving; it is not a criticism of the price, just an explanation as to why if money is tight some may choose not to renew.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bigdavemaddog

bearing in mind a lot of home games will be Sundays next season due to potential European football so exiled supporters may struggle especially if relying on public transport.

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

What you both say is perfectly correct, although you may remember pre pandemic the platinum ticket was £500 and a £50 discount was offered for 2020-21 on the basis of games that were not played in 2019-20. The point I was making was that if you miss more than a few of games then there is no real saving; it is not a criticism of the price, just an explanation as to why if money is tight some may choose not to renew.

Hear that.

In order to make your ST financially viable, you need to go to most games.

There are other benefits of course, hopefully next season we’ll see that when big games come around.

north wales jambo

So much to talk about here, Agree season tickets are the main financial money maker for the club, but also think Hearts need to think out of the box a bit..

Its going to be tough financially for a lot of people next season, even more so with families attending games..I’d never purchase a season ticket, not for not wanting to, but time and distance are against me, like others. 

I would like it if maybe hearts could do a ticket that is for 7-8 games. 1 cat A and 6-7 cat B,.. Like others have said the cost for walk ups is really high, and speaking for myself it does deter me for coming up at times. 

One big gripe of mine though is the amount of empty seats in bronze in the Gorgie stand, you can see it each week on tv.. Well in to the people who buy a season ticket,, but when you see sold out signs up or only single seats available it is frustrating, especially when the club could make more by reselling them, my guess is we have brilliant fans who purchase them but are unable or won’t see a match all season. 

In summary my opinion is that walk up tickets are to expensive, and before anyone moans, we put money into the foh, buy lots of merchandise etc. 

I am finally able to renew after a longggggggg time so when we doing it ? 19th April and guaranteed Cup Final Tickets ? :glorious:

bigdavemaddog

could be a very interesting summer as quite a few clubs have reduced prices slightly to help supporters struggling with constant increases.

1 hour ago, bigdavemaddog said:

could be a very interesting summer as quite a few clubs have reduced prices slightly to help supporters struggling with constant increases.

Interesting, which clubs have done that Dave?

No idea if the arrangement for Hearts TV will continue next season. 

The free Hearts TV access has been a real help when people have been unable to attend this season. 

If that arrangement can be continued its another selling point for STs. 

If people know in advance they are unable to attend they could either get the club to resell or donate to Big Hearts or the tickets for kids thread on here. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The free Hearts TV access has been a real help when people have been unable to attend this season. 

If people know in advance they are unable to attend they could either get the club to resell or donate to Big Hearts or the tickets for kids thread on here. 

Up to the broadcasting rights holders - SKY. 

bigdavemaddog
4 hours ago, jdl2002 said:

Interesting, which clubs have done that Dave?

a few clubs down here in England have, ive noticed Bolton and Doncaster definitely and ive seen posts on forums about a couple of other clubs who have reduced prices slightly

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

I’ve often thought we should have a register of folk who don’t have the means for a full price season ticket or a full price match day ticket. Full ST holders who can’t attend would have their ticket sold to the registry people for a nominal sum (£5-£10) Club makes an extra bit of money. more people in the stadium. good PR. It might incentivise people who can’t attend to pass their ticket on a bit more than they currently do if they know some kid or someone not so fortunate can see the odd game for an amount they can afford. Whatever system is in place for releasing tickets just now isn’t working that well IMO. I’ve missed 3 home games this season. I didn’t bother releasing the ticket for various reasons. Had it been a one click operation on a simple website and I knew someone worthy was getting the ticket, I’d most likely have done it.  one of the games missed was very short notice, the other two I knew 4-5 days in advance I wasn’t going.

Edited by JimmyCant

6 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

a few clubs down here in England have, ive noticed Bolton and Doncaster definitely and ive seen posts on forums about a couple of other clubs who have reduced prices slightly

Thats interesting, you’d have thought that with, (at the very least), the rate of fuel and energy cost increases, their overall cost base will have gone up considerably. 

Bit of a weird one this, but I've got 2 ST's, one in my name and one in my ex's name who used to come with me most weeks. We split up last year so naturally, I don't want to continue to use her name to obtain tickets. But, she has 130 LP's on her account. Is there any way to transfer them?

She never went to games before she was with me, and given her new man is a Celtic fan, I can't see her wanting to go back any time soon so those points will just sit there unused until such a time as they expire.

6 hours ago, Dunks said:

It's time for dynamic pricing of season tickets 

:glorious:

What a shitshow that was. 😂

Ended up paying £50 more than my mate who was next to me !

41 minutes ago, Locky said:

Bit of a weird one this, but I've got 2 ST's, one in my name and one in my ex's name who used to come with me most weeks. We split up last year so naturally, I don't want to continue to use her name to obtain tickets. But, she has 130 LP's on her account. Is there any way to transfer them?

She never went to games before she was with me, and given her new man is a Celtic fan, I can't see her wanting to go back any time soon so those points will just sit there unused until such a time as they expire.

unfortunately LP are not transferable.

23 minutes ago, Chaps said:

unfortunately LP are not transferable.

Bollocks. Only going to be paying for one ST next season anyway so guess I'll just use the account in her name for 2nd tickets for big matches for a couple of years, then late nature take its course.

bigdavemaddog
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Bollocks. Only going to be paying for one ST next season anyway so guess I'll just use the account in her name for 2nd tickets for big matches for a couple of years, then late nature take its course.

you could offer to share your season ticket with somebody who can only attend occasionally?

10 minutes ago, bigdavemaddog said:

you could offer to share your season ticket with somebody who can only attend occasionally?

My mate's going to buy my 2nd seat I think anyway we'll just need to wait until the general sale for him to get it. The ST's aren't an issue, I only had 2 myself this year because I mothballed one of them last season. Can't afford, or really justify affording, 2 ST's myself it was just the points I wanted to keep if possible albeit in a different name.

been here before
3 hours ago, Locky said:

You planning on using that 2nd one to get a ticket tomorrow? Ive a ten year old who would love to 'borrow' the ref no rather than wait until next week? Nae bother if not.

Funny thing is that if you could transfer LPs then I could give him the ones he's short of :lol:

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You planning on using that 2nd one to get a ticket tomorrow? Ive a ten year old who would love to 'borrow' the ref no rather than wait until next week?

Funny thing is that if you could transfer LPs then I could give him the ones he's short of :lol:

Unfortunately so. :lol: Would happily help otherwise. 

I've got a reference set up in my wee girls name. She never comes to games, but on the off chance she starts coming, it would be ideal to just shift my ex's points across to her.

been here before
29 minutes ago, Locky said:

Unfortunately so. :lol: Would happily help otherwise. 

I've got a reference set up in my wee girls name. She never comes to games, but on the off chance she starts coming, it would be ideal to just shift my ex's points across to her.

Thats fair enough. There may be one solution to your question Ive just thought of. Cant you change the name in the account to your girls name? 

Im sure in the dim and distant past for some reason I ended up with 2 accounts. I changed the name in one if them. I cant for the life of me remember the circumstances but it rings an awful loud bell.

Ive just had a look and you can 'update details' from the main menu of you etickets page ince you sign in. As long as you the password etc of the acct you want to change then its job done.

I think!

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats fair enough. There may be one solution to your question Ive just thought of. Cant you change the name in the account to your girls name? 

Im sure in the dim and distant past for some reason I ended up with 2 accounts. I changed the name in one if them. I cant for the life of me remember the circumstances but it rings an awful loud nell 

I'll defo need to phone the ticket office one day. Even if my ex decided she wanted to start going to games again, its me that paid for all her tickets so I deserve they points. :lol: 

been here before
1 minute ago, Locky said:

I'll defo need to phone the ticket office one day. Even if my ex decided she wanted to start going to games again, its me that paid for all her tickets so I deserve they points. :lol: 

See my edited bit.

I reckon thatll work.

Fort Vallance
On 20/03/2022 at 13:00, bigdavemaddog said:

bearing in mind a lot of home games will be Sundays next season due to potential European football so exiled supporters may struggle especially if relying on public transport.

I think you'll find nobody gives a flying #### about that / us. 

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Locky said:

My mate's going to buy my 2nd seat I think anyway we'll just need to wait until the general sale for him to get it. The ST's aren't an issue, I only had 2 myself this year because I mothballed one of them last season. Can't afford, or really justify affording, 2 ST's myself it was just the points I wanted to keep if possible albeit in a different name.

You don't have to wait for general sale. I had the name changed on one of the STs we had during this seasons renewal process so we didn't risk losing the seat when it opened up. Just call the TO and tell them you want to change the name on one of the season tickets and they should be able to do that for you.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You don't have to wait for general sale. I had the name changed on one of the STs we had during this seasons renewal process so we didn't risk losing the seat when it opened up. Just call the TO and tell them you want to change the name on one of the season tickets and they should be able to do that for you.

Ah nice one NB. Wasn't sure if I could do that or not.

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Ah nice one NB. Wasn't sure if I could do that or not.

I was even able to change an adult ticket to an U13, so you should be golden.

Aberdeen seem to be selling theirs already. They also offer a discount to AberDNA members which is, I think , their version of FoH.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Aberdeen seem to be selling theirs already. They also offer a discount to AberDNA members which is, I think , their version of FoH.

We can’t do that as it may change the current nil vat status of FoH. 

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

desperate for the money . tick tock 

Just now, davemclaren said:

We can’t do that as it may change the current nil vat status of FoH. 

Thought this was the case. Are they set up differently or is Dodgy Dave (Cormack not McLaren) up to something HMRC would be interested in?

On 29/03/2022 at 15:50, bigdavemaddog said:

how many season tickets do people think will be available for general sale based on current figures?

Don't think there will be many if we finish the season on a high.

There was 13.5K last Nov and they opened up sales again. Not sure how many they shifted but taking the Roseburn and hospitality out the capacity, and everyone renews, not many !

In saying that, a lot of people will be feeling the squeeze later this year with rises all over the shop so difficult to say on accurate numbers.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Thought this was the case. Are they set up differently or is Dodgy Dave (Cormack not McLaren) up to something HMRC would be interested in?

I imagine they are set up differently. 

132goals1958
10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Surprised they are doing that as I would have thought there might be VAT implications

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

49 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Surprised they are doing that as I would have thought there might be VAT implications

As I understand it, AberDNA is actually very different from FOH. AberDNA is an annual membership/subscription service run directly by the club with money going to the club. By becoming a member you get various benefits, like money off a season ticket, hospitality packages and a replica shirt. They claim over 6,000 members but as childrens' membership is free, that number may be artificially inflated.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

As I understand it, AberDNA is actually very different from FOH. AberDNA is an annual membership/subscription service run directly by the club with money going to the club. By becoming a member you get various benefits, like money off a season ticket, hospitality packages and a replica shirt. They claim over 6,000 members but as childrens' membership is free, that number may be artificially inflated.

54012D35-BF11-44A3-9D2B-A67AD6496388.png

Bazzas right boot
On 29/03/2022 at 02:40, Dunks said:

It's time for dynamic pricing of season tickets 

:glorious:

We should make everything dynamic. 

Pricing 

Hotel

Disco lights

Escalators 

You lot are giving me the fear. Can we stop this chat until after the semi final when hopefully we can realistically talk about record numbers. We get pumped out the cup and it’ll be Armageddon on here, and record lows for STs not too mention bedsheets and planes demanding wholesale change at the club😬

On 20/03/2022 at 11:51, Spongebob said:

We should be putting them on sale the minute we get to the final and it’ll guarantee you a ticket for the big one and also your 3 game package for the euro games !!  

I think we will. If we secure third, and get to the final, it is the best time to launch the them.  

bigdavemaddog
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I think we will. If we secure third, and get to the final, it is the best time to launch the them.  

the only worry with that is fans finances given the everyday increase in prices

RudiSkacel51
On 29/03/2022 at 13:45, Locky said:

I look forward to the " He Stole My Loyalty Points" episode of Judge Judy in the near future.

8 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I look forward to the " He Stole My Loyalty Points" episode of Judge Judy in the near future.

What if she logs in and gets a ticket for her Celtic supporting

boyfriend ?😂😂😂

RudiSkacel51
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What if she logs in and gets a ticket for her Celtic supporting

boyfriend ?😂😂😂

Hearts v Celtic cup final and gets two tickets in the Hearts end for her and the new man using Lockies reference 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)