Quick question about Safari on iPhone.

Mr Sifter

Hoping someone can help me here. Used safari for years, and after looking something up, as you know, you can select ‘images’. That’ll then bring up a ton of pictures based on what you’ve just searched. Here’s the thing tho…I used to be able to click on any of these images, which would open the image up. I could then swipe through the images one at a time, whilst remaining on the safari search engine/results (sorry, not too clued up on the right terminology). Now tho, if I click on an image, I’m automatically taken to the website in which that picture originated from. 

I’ve not changed any settings at all, so not sure what’s happened. I just want to flick through photo after photo whilst remaining on the ‘images’ page (if that makes sense). I don’t want to have to visit each and every site if I click on a picture. Does that make sense? Can anyone help me? 

cheers 👍🏼👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Hoping someone can help me here. Used safari for years, and after looking something up, as you know, you can select ‘images’. That’ll then bring up a ton of pictures based on what you’ve just searched. Here’s the thing tho…I used to be able to click on any of these images, which would open the image up. I could then swipe through the images one at a time, whilst remaining on the safari search engine/results (sorry, not too clued up on the right terminology). Now tho, if I click on an image, I’m automatically taken to the website in which that picture originated from. 

I’ve not changed any settings at all, so not sure what’s happened. I just want to flick through photo after photo whilst remaining on the ‘images’ page (if that makes sense). I don’t want to have to visit each and every site if I click on a picture. Does that make sense? Can anyone help me? 

cheers 👍🏼👍🏼

Just checked and still working fine on my phone. I don’t use google as the search engine though but use DuckDuckGo instead. Not sure if that would make a difference though. 

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

cheers 👍🏼👍🏼

My  ipad appears to be ok,sorry mate👍

Now awaiting the job response to what kind of photos 👍

images.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Just checked and still working fine on my phone. I don’t use google as the search engine though but use DuckDuckGo instead. Not sure if that would make a difference though. 

Cheers mate, that’s probably my best option. Simply change the search engine I use. Safari has just been my go to browser simply because it came with the iPhone I ever used. Cheers 👍🏼

58 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

My  ipad appears to be ok,sorry mate👍

Now awaiting the job response to what kind of photos 👍

images.jpeg

Let’s be honest mate, you KNOW what kind of photos 😊👌🏼

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Cheers mate, that’s probably my best option. Simply change the search engine I use. Safari has just been my go to browser simply because it came with the iPhone I ever used. Cheers 👍🏼

I stick with Safari as it’s on all my devices but always change the search engine to DuckDuckGo as it isn’t as intrusive in terms of data tracking and the like. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I stick with Safari as it’s on all my devices but always change the search engine to DuckDuckGo as it isn’t as intrusive in terms of data tracking and the like. 

cheers mate. Totally clueless at these things to be honest 😬

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

cheers mate. Totally clueless at these things to be honest 😬

Settings>Safari>search engine than you have choices listed.