Boyce

NB GIN

I have been one of his biggest critic’s when he is up top on his own.

His position in the 4231 behind simms he can been absolutely superb. 
Boyce apologies playing very well in this role now let’s stick to the 4231 it works well. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dick Dastardly

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Boyce apologies playing very well in this role now let’s stick to the 4231 it works well. 

He had a great game.

Some credit has to go to Neilson to tweak where and how Boyce plays in this team. Wouldn't have been possible though without the introduction of Simms, mind.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, saxondale said:

Some credit has to go to Neilson to tweak where and how Boyce plays in this team. Wouldn't have been possible though without the introduction of Simms, mind.

Indeed. In addition, they (Boyce and Simms) haven't quite got on the same wavelength yet on things like when Simms comes deeper with his back to goal and for Boyce to go beyond him. If they do then it will be a real boost in the run-in.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He was outstanding. Not sure what his position was but he looked absolutely quality out there

Best position is off the striker very clever player and strength is good 

he hasn’t the legs to play up top in a one . 

8 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

As a team we’ve look much better since we changed to the 4231. 

Absolutely just don’t bloody change it 

Excellent in th 10 position. Far more effective than right up top. Works hard, intelligent movement and links the play brilliantly. 

been here before

He had a great game when playing a wee bit deeper tonight.

Give him time to think and he needs half a dozen touches before losing it. When he plays instictively and its 1 or 2 touches and a great ball away.

I’ve been on his back for a while but he was great in the Aberdeen game a few weeks back and seems to be in great form right now.

Seems to be releasing the ball far earlier now too.

It’s funny actually, last season the change from 4-2-3-1 to 5-2-3 halted a poor period & this season it’s been the opposite way round.

Anyway Boyce is a hell of a footballer & I wish we could have got him years earlier

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

It’s funny actually, last season the change from 4-2-3-1 to 5-2-3 halted a poor period & this season it’s been the opposite way round.

Anyway Boyce is a hell of a footballer & I wish we could have got him years earlier

We've never played a 5-2-3

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He was outstanding. Not sure what his position was but he looked absolutely quality out there

Number 10, he really suits the position

BRAVEHEART1874

Playing well with the 4231 formation - himself, barrie mckay and simms is working. Woodburn did ok but can mcEneff also make the difference for hampden glory ;)

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
spell

Lone Striker
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He seemed to have a more free role tonight.

It worked, he had a great game.

Yep.  Playing in that role, he looks a proper footballer with good positional sense and vision to make passes.  Halkett, Haring and Boyce all brilliant tonight, Atkinson very good too.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I've been a critic too, he was outstanding tonight. 

Likewise. Credit where credit's due.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Likewise. Credit where credit's due.

Absolutely. Some of his link up play and touches were brilliant. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

This happened last season. We went through a slump, Neilson changed the system and we finished strongly. 

I've been saying for ages Boyce would be perfect in the number 10 role, I'm delighted to be proved correct. 😊

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

This happened last season. We went through a slump, Neilson changed the system and we finished strongly. 

I've been saying for ages Boyce would be perfect in the number 10 role, I'm delighted to be proved correct. 😊

You weren't the only one but all he has to do is have an average game and people are crying for him to be up front.

Love Street, 3 woeful misses stopped that (for a while).

heartsfc_fan

Like him in the new position. He's a grafter and gets about the park.

Just a shame he doesn't have much pace 😂

Edited by heartsfc_fan

Broxburn Jambo

If he had another yard if pace, he would be no where near us.....we need to be grateful that we have a player like him

J.T.F.Robertson

I've always rated Boyce. (cause I'm a clever clunt) He has a bit of class about him and although he isn't another Robbo, will more than do for me.

Plus, he works his arse off!

He’s back to enjoying his football - and it shows with his performances. Noticed in the past 3-4 games, he has really celebrated when hearts have scored. Seems to be loving life in this team. Happy days 

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

He’s back to enjoying his football - and it shows with his performances. Noticed in the past 3-4 games, he has really celebrated when hearts have scored. Seems to be loving life in this team. Happy days 

X2

13 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Like him in the new position. He's a grafter and gets about the park.

Just a shame he doesn't have much pace 😂

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

• 4 weeks later...
No Idle Talk

I think I may have underestimated Liam Boyce's ability as a footballer. Watching him play last season, and at the beginning of this season, I had formed the opinion that he was a good penalty box striker but his technical ability outside of the box was not all it could be.

Well......ever since the team switched to 4-2-3-1 and Boycie dropped into the #10 role, he has played really well. Some of his wee touches and passes he has played have taken me a bit by surprise. The position seems to suit him quite well.

Fair play to you, Boycie. I may have done you wrong with my previous comments. Keep up the good work, lad. 

heartsfc_fan

Absolutely class today. Worked for the team. And he isn't scared to tackle either!

Brilliant again today like he has been all season.

I'd say since Xmas he has been exceptional though.

MarkDevriesScores4

Worked his ar$£ off again today. Constantly nipping the ball away, some really graft and nice touches. Well done Boycey! 

Weakened Offender
On 12/03/2022 at 21:58, Absolute Scenes said:

He was brilliant from 25 minutes onwards. 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

He was brilliant from 25 minutes onwards. 

Completely agree, thought like the rest of the team he was struggling first 25 but was excellent after. When him and McKay get going it is very difficult to stop us. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Completely agree, thought like the rest of the team he was struggling first 25 but was excellent after. When him and McKay get going it is very difficult to stop us. 

I was one of the dumplings who thought he was lazy. Since the change of formation and introduction of Simms, Boyce has shown how good a football player he is, the boy's magic. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

First 25 I thought McKay and Halliday were our worst players, nothing was coming off for them, but you could see what Boyce was doing from start to finish, he's quality!

Absolute Scenes

He’s such an asset. I just really

hope he gets to 20 goals this season. Deserves it and would absolutely love the one player to reach this threshold in the last two decades to be him

2nd half where he brought it down from the long ball to absolutely destroy that Rocky was a thing of beauty

On 12/03/2022 at 22:47, NB GIN said:

Reminds me a bit of Naisy tbh! 

Anyway, he was superb today!