The King

Alex Kintner

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

309964A0-0960-47BA-8837-80F0721B796A.gif

Jeezo James. Street Car Brando is the best he ever was. Masculine, angry, mis directed, they don't make actors like that anymore! 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Liber them too . Yes elvis was just magical , only starting to

appreciate him in my 20s when my flat mate was a fan and had his records on . My favourite song of his is “ bridge over troubled waters “ 

Again I'm I'm influenced by my love of Elvis but Bridge over troubled waters is one of his greatest live performances. He lifts it to a gospel Level. My flatmate and me used to have a 3 disc changer. So I'd have elvis on, he'd have Tupac on and then the 3rd CD would be some dance nonsense. Funny nights! 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Jeezo James. Street Car Brando is the best he ever was. Masculine, angry, mis directed, they don't make actors like that anymore! 

He was revolutionary in the early 1950s , before him it was urbane fellows Cary Grant until he came along ozzing

” masculinity “ . Fairly sizzling , like Elvis was in the music scene . 

Jambo_jim2001

Sorry 2027,   50 years since his death,i don't think his father accepted the original one.

The autopsy report was sealed by Elvis' father Vernon until 2027 and is set to be released on the 50th anniversary of his death.

Edited by Jambo_jim2001

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He was revolutionary in the early 1950s , before him it was urbane fellows Cary Grant until he came along ozzing

” masculinity “ . Fairly sizzling , like Elvis was in the music scene . 

And that's the issue when people look at stars like Elvis and Brando. They don't get the context. I've got dvds of the Ed sullivan shows where it's Irish dancers, simple singers, then elvis comes on and starts wiggling his naughty bits. And he did much worse off camera, spitting, smashing instruments and being a bit of a punk. You need to understand what the environment was at the time and why these individuals were different... 

Jambo_jim2001
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Liber them too . Yes elvis was just magical , only starting to

appreciate him in my 20s when my flat mate was a fan and had his records on . My favourite song of his is “ bridge over troubled waters “ 

It was my Mrs that got me to appreciate Elvis.i thought wrongly he was naff in the 80s🤫🤫

6 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

It was my Mrs that got me to appreciate Elvis.i thought wrongly he was naff in the 80s🤫🤫

Good on you. Great when someone takes a step back and appreciates his brilliance 😊

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Good on you. Great when someone takes a step back and appreciates his brilliance 😊

I bought the Mrs a TCB pendant and a box set a while back,beats buying a hoover😁 happy wife easy life😎👍

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

And that's the issue when people look at stars like Elvis and Brando. They don't get the context. I've got dvds of the Ed sullivan shows where it's Irish dancers, simple singers, then elvis comes on and starts wiggling his naughty bits. And he did much worse off camera, spitting, smashing instruments and being a bit of a punk. You need to understand what the environment was at the time and why these individuals were different... 

exactly . That’s what Brando must hand been like in the early borlng 1950s 

38 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

👍

Jambo_jim2001

What we got today to compare to the greats of yesteryear?

Edited by Jambo_jim2001

5 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

What we got today to compare to the greats of yesteryear?

Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift..... 

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

He was pretty decent to be fair.. 

Glad we went since the Elvis weekend is out the question for a couple of years anyway. 

Givers her a wee fix! 😂😂

Glad you enjoyed it mate ☺️👍🏻

9 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

That entire show is incredible Ulysses. Possibly his greatest ever moment after years of mundane Hollywood movies. He's absolutely electric back to his rocking rebel 50s self but as a far superior experienced performer, impossible to tear your eyes away from. And if I can dream is one of the most perfect vocal performances of his career. Full of emotion and spine tingling. I genuinely don't think anyone could ever top that vocal....perfection.

The death of MLK and that subsequent song seemed to have a deep and profound effect on him.

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Of course.  But Elvis Presley was the King.

Here's one of the two songs we played at my mother's funeral.  She loved Elvis and his music.

Lovely. What was the other one? Horrible thing to think about but his version of How Great Thou Art is probably one I’ll consider for my dad’s funeral when the day comes.

7 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Tbh his vegas years are, imo, his best. 

Actually at tonight's show heard as song I'd never heard before.. pocketful full of rainbows. Brilliant.. 

Looking FWD to getting home Sunday to whack it on YouTube . 👍🕺🍺🎶

That was one of the songs I’d never heard either.

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Love child is Alex Kintner ?

You know fine well it was just that once I dressed up as Liza Minelli but refused to shave my legs! 😡

I shave my legs every other time! 

26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You know fine well it was just that once I dressed up as Liza Minelli but refused to shave my legs! 😡

Even if I knew you, I'd deny it.

I know nothing.

I grew up in the 70s and vaguely remember his death and the media saturation.

Can't say I have any time for more than a couple of songs.  He was a performer not an all round act like The Beatles, Stones, The Who etc who wrote and performed their own material.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

69C58966-4A50-4020-A423-93C5A12BF19D.gif

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

96ea315cd7af460905f41c6924350549--spring-time-summer-time.jpg

It seems men shave their legs as much as women do now . I wonder how and why that all started ? 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think his vocal talents are often underestimated, depicting him as much of an image as a great vocalist. He had an admirable range from high to low.

Agreed 

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It seems men shave their legs as much as women do now . I wonder how and why that all started ? 

elmo-shrug.gif

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Unfortunately I think there dependencies were fairly early in the lives... 

him and Judy both died in their bathrooms . Actually it’s more common Than people imagine 

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

him and Judy both died in their bathrooms . Actually it’s more common Than people imagine 

images.jpeg

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It's better than walking around with limbs like a chimpanzee, especially when the ankles and lower leg are on display due to wearing these ridiculous half-mast trousers (like you've got your wee brothers trews on) that are all the rage nowadays.

:facepalm:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It's better than walking around with limbs like a chimpanzee, especially when the ankles and lower leg are on display due to wearing these ridiculous half-mast trousers (like you've got your wee brothers trews on) that are all the rage nowadays.

Oh yes those jeans / trousers are awful and nae socks 🧦 either !! Whit 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’m a tramp so don’t mind hsiry or shaved legs 😂😎😂 it’s not good limiting one’s options 😂

8 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Lovely. What was the other one? Horrible thing to think about but his version of How Great Thou Art is probably one I’ll consider for my dad’s funeral when the day comes.

It wasn't an Elvis Presley song, as it happens.

Went to the show this afternoon and he was brilliant. Bit of banter with the whole wallyford, Tranent. Pans thing which the crowd appreciated. Going back this evening for what I imagine will be a fantastic atmosphere and experience. 

Alex Kintner
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

It wasn't an Elvis Presley song, as it happens.

Yeah I’d always assumed with it being a hymn that it had been around for a long time pre-Elvis

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Went to the show this afternoon and he was brilliant. Bit of banter with the whole wallyford, Tranent. Pans thing which the crowd appreciated. Going back this evening for what I imagine will be a fantastic atmosphere and experience. 

Good stuff. Absolute showman 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah I’d always assumed with it being a hymn that it had been around for a long time pre-Elvis

Oops, my mistake in how I phrased the post.  I meant that the other song we played at my mother's funeral wasn't an Elvis song.

Elvis sang some hymns in his time.  I'm not a believer, but they're well worth hearing.  Jaysus, the man could sing.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Oops, my mistake in how I phrased the post.  I meant that the other song we played at my mother's funeral wasn't an Elvis song.

Elvis sang some hymns in his time.  I'm not a believer, but they're well worth hearing.  Jaysus, the man could sing.

Amen to that 👍🏻

HeartsandonlyHearts

Few years back my parents came over for a visit. We took them on a surprise trip to Memphis and Graceland. My mum was a big fan of Elvis. Well worth a visit. The house is the same today as it was the day he died. The Elvis museum is 1/2 mile down the street. All his cars are in there, 2 planes, his costumes and everything else “Elvis” you can think of.

The museum is well run and not a tourist trap per say. If you’re in to Elvis then Graceland is worth a visit. We went in August so the anniversary of his death. 
Memphis was moving with people, Elvis impersonators all over the place. Some better than others. I’d go back.

Just heard a couple of facts about him that I never knew and thought I'd share them.

Elvis had a twin brother.

Elvis never performed outside North America.

Apologies if this is common knowledge.

Edit: should have added that his twin died at birth.

Edited by graygo

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just heard a couple of facts about him that I never knew and thought I'd share them.

Elvis had a twin brother.

Elvis never performed outside North America.

Apologies if this is common knowledge.

Edit: should have added that his twin died at birth.

Mr Pendant asked me to remind you there were a few concert in Hawaii. 😉

9 minutes ago, Meathook said:

No way Mr Pendant would have pulled me up for that.

Mr Pedant on the other hand would have pointed out that Hawaii was considered to be part of North America politically.

😁

16 minutes ago, Meathook said:

Mr Pendant normally just spends his time hanging around. 

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Mr Pendant normally just spends his time hanging around. 

Damned auto correct.  That Mr Pendant's busy tonight. :D 

luckyBatistuta
On 11/03/2022 at 09:09, Alex Kintner said:

Went to see a tribute act last night and reminded me how much I love Elvis.

He shared a few interesting factoids that I wasn’t aware of before:

-In The Ghetto was originally called The Vicious Circle but they didn’t think the public would like the name.

-The movie Love Me Tender was originally called Reno Brothers but changed due to the success of Presley’s song which featured on the soundtrack

-Elvis was devastated by the death of Martin Luther King.  “If I Can Dream” is a tribute to MLK and Elvis was so moved by it he stated: “I’m never going to sing another song I don’t believe in. I’m never going to make another movie I don’t believe in.” And he never did.

If any Elvis fans are looking to go see a really good tribute act then would definitely recommend this guy (Rob Kingsley). Show is called A Vision of Elvis.

image.jpeg.24bfe066ca2f541c148544073bfea206.jpeg

Sad I know, but I’ve had my 3 funeral songs saved on my phone for years, this is one of them, gets me every time I listen to it. My whole family is Elvis daft

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sad I know, but I’ve had my 3 funeral songs saved on my phone for years, this is one of them, gets me every time I listen to it. My whole family is Elvis daft

Not sad at all buddy. 👍🏻