• Cade

• Watt-Zeefuik

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoiler

Got rather excited when I saw the Inquisitors in it. 🥳

Looks like the Fifth Brother and Grand Inquisitor and a couple of others. 😎

And of course, Vader's breathing at the end.

been here before

As far as these spin off character series things go The Mandalorian was good and The Book of Boba Fett was a bit patchy but had the odd fleeting moment.

It could well be Im influenced by Ewan McGregor playing Obi Wan in those crappy Star Wars films he made but that trailer just looks shite.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:
  Hide contents

Got rather excited when I saw the Inquisitors in it. 🥳

Looks like the Fifth Brother and Grand Inquisitor and a couple of others. 😎

And of course, Vader's breathing at the end.

At first I thought the voiceover was Palpatine until the GI appeared 👍🏻

Roxy Hearts

Looking forward to it. I like the Mandalorian and Boba Fett as they feel more like the original movies and that's what they set out to do.

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

As far as these spin off character series things go The Mandalorian was good and The Book of Boba Fett was a bit patchy but had the odd fleeting moment.

It could well be Im influenced by Ewan McGregor playing Obi Wan in those crappy Star Wars films he made but that trailer just looks shite.

Agreed. Though i'd go as far to say The Mandolorian was great. Well a good few eps were.

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Looking forward to it. I like the Mandalorian and Boba Fett as they feel more like the original movies and that's what they set out to do.

That’s what I love about them. The attention to detail really feels like you’re back in those original films. You can tell Favreau is a genuine fan of the original trilogy and love the way he drilled deep into OG characters like the tuskans etc

Roxy Hearts
23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That’s what I love about them. The attention to detail really feels like you’re back in those original films. You can tell Favreau is a genuine fan of the original trilogy and love the way he drilled deep into OG characters like the tuskans etc

I think Favreau has done a great job. Small details all over the place join it all together. The episode when they were building the Mandalorian's new ship had the part they used in garbage crusher scene in a New Hope.

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I think Favreau has done a great job. Small details all over the place join it all together. The episode when they were building the Mandalorian's new ship had the part they used in garbage crusher scene in a New Hope.

Exactly 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Favreau understands Star Wars.

All the films, all the comics, all the books, all the RPG games, all the tabletop games, all the computer games, all the cartoon shows.

He knows all of the expanded universe. He respects it. He drips it into the modern canon one piece at a time, resurrecting things that Disney had declared non-canon.

He's a Star Wars Fan.

He knows what he's doing.

George Lucas didn't.

Disney don't (when it comes to main feature films).

I'm not saying that Favreau should be in charge of the whole thing; he works best right where he is. The Disney+ TV shows are the only thing holding Star Wars together right now.

We need more like him.

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Favreau understands Star Wars.

All the films, all the comics, all the books, all the RPG games, all the tabletop games, all the computer games, all the cartoon shows.

He knows all of the expanded universe. He respects it. He drips it into the modern canon one piece at a time, resurrecting things that Disney had declared non-canon.

He's a Star Wars Fan.

He knows what he's doing.

George Lucas didn't.

Disney don't (when it comes to main feature films).

I'm not saying that Favreau should be in charge of the whole thing; he works best right where he is. The Disney+ TV shows are the only thing holding Star Wars together right now.

We need more like him.

Everything needs to stay as close to the originals as possible and Favreau gets that. 

32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Dave Filoni is the real heir to SW imo.

Filoni is another visionary like Favreau. Rebels is vastly under rated.

Just now, Mysterion said:

Filoni is another visionary like Favreau. Rebels is vastly under rated.

Absolutely loved Rebels. Just finished rewatching it last week.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

As long as he doesn't completely geek out. Dr Who reached a point where if you weren't an obsessive fan a lot of it didn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Can't be throwing Duel of the Fates in without an appearance from Maul...

It would be almost impossible for Maul to show up, at least in combat with Obi Wan.

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

As long as he doesn't completely geek out. Dr Who reached a point where if you weren't an obsessive fan a lot of it didn't make sense. 

To be Honest i Lost track of it after “ the phantom Menace “ which is terribly underrated . My then bf bought me a Darth Maul head statue thing which you could open up and put stuff in it . Totally pointless thing really . I binned it when we broke up. 😎

Dean Winchester
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

It would be almost impossible for Maul to show up, at least in combat with Obi Wan.

Why? Not sure if I've missed something but I think this is set before Solo so he's likely still "The Shadow" at this point and evading inquisitors.

However, I don't think he'd fight Obi Wan as they gave a satisfying conclusion to that in Rebels. Vader on the other hand...

Just now, Dean Winchester said:

Why? Not sure if I've missed something but I think this is set before Solo so he's likely still "The Shadow" at this point and evading inquisitors.

However, I don't think he'd fight Obi Wan as they gave a satisfying conclusion to that in Rebels. Vader on the other hand...

Well exactly what you mention. In Rebels, Maul had no idea where Kenobi was and used Ezra to locate him. 

Should be good, but I'm liking the stuff away from the main characters more. Mando was brilliant, (Boba Fett V.G  too) and series 2 better shift it's backside. 

il Duce McTarkin

The spin-off series have been great.

I might be in a minority here but I also really enjoyed Han Solo (on the 3rd time of watching, admittedly).

Alex Kintner
51 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Ewan McGregor aside I’m quite looking forward to this series. 

Hoping 20 years passing will help him portray a bit more of a rugged and rounded version of OWK.

👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I remember when Favreau was Monica's mental boyfriend in Friends. Now he's very Happy.

And James caans doctor in elf!

il Duce McTarkin
29 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Hoping 20 years passing will help him portray a bit more of a rugged and rounded version of OWK.

👍🏻

Hope so. 

4 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

And James caans doctor in elf!

:DIs he? I'll need to go back and have a look.

16 hours ago, been here before said:

Doesn't do it for me either. Looks boring. I also think they had too long a break between the original trilogy and the prequels and ultimately the sequels. Can't watch the spin offs. 

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Doesn't do it for me either. Looks boring. I also think they had too long a break between the original trilogy and the prequels and ultimately the sequels. Can't watch the spin offs. 

If you haven’t then give them a try. Very, very good. Even just  as a standalone series. 

2 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

He’s actually the film’s director!

Aye, I read that the other day. He's a talented lad 

Episode 1

Crap Star Wars film but gave us the first glimpse of what a lightsaber battle could be and Duel of the Fates.....which for me just gets shaded by the Imperial March as the most iconic Star Wars tune.....even above the actual SW theme.

If they played Duel of the Fates over 1 min 50 of just a droid lying in the desert I'd still think it was a great trailer.

• 3 weeks later...
Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Release date put back 2 days to 27th May 😐🤬

Getting first two episodes though 🙂🥳

Excellent. Always prefer a double episode premiere.

• 1 month later...
JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I might watch this as I got lost with all the sequels / prequel's films then mini  series but this seems pretty straight forward about the evolution of OBI.

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I might watch this as I got lost with all the sequels / prequel's films then mini  series but this seems pretty straight forward about the evolution of OBI.

Hmmm well there will likely be stuff that will make more sense having watched the prequels and spinoffs but you should get by 😎😁

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hmmm well there will likely be stuff that will make more sense having watched the prequels and spinoffs but you should get by 😎😁

👍  the last star wars film i saw at the pics was " The phantom menace". :) 

Watt-Zeefuik
55 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

FWIW The Mandolorian is just a fantastic space western series that uses the Star Wars universe really effectively. There's a few references here and there but it's not necessary.

(My sister gave me a "I have spoken" t-shirt for Christmas and I love it.)

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍  the last star wars film i saw at the pics was " The phantom menace". :) 

😲  

Well certainly back in the day I would have understood why you would have stopped there but it's grown on me over time. 😁

The Phantom Edit is a fine piece of work.  

Simply removes all the Gungans from the film, and fixes other nonsense like Darth Vader building C3-PO and The Force being fungus in your blood.

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

😲  

Well certainly back in the day I would have understood why you would have stopped there but it's grown on me over time. 😁

No there was more simple reason my then partner was a Star wars nut so dragged me along to it. I enjoyed it though.  Never saw any more follow up as he and i split. ;) 

JudyJudyJudy
55 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

FWIW The Mandolorian is just a fantastic space western series that uses the Star Wars universe really effectively. There's a few references here and there but it's not necessary.

(My sister gave me a "I have spoken" t-shirt for Christmas and I love it.)

Yes ive seen a few good reviews of this on the tv thread. Looks good. 

Mysterion
5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

"Like you trained his father" 

💥 💥  💥  💥  💥 

👏

The arm being put into position and the control unit before the iconic breathing - tremendous.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Cade said:

The Phantom Edit is a fine piece of work.  

Simply removes all the Gungans from the film, and fixes other nonsense like Darth Vader building C3-PO and The Force being fungus in your blood.

The Phantom Menace is way more interesting if you buy into the Darth Jar Jar theory and assume Lucas just chickened out on it after the response to him.

dobmisterdobster
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The prequels are only three films. You can see them all on Disney+

Ewan McDonald played Kenobi in the prequels and he reprises his role in this new show.

• davemclaren changed the title to Star Wars and all that! (Updated)