The Ignore Function

Sooperstar

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Reported. ;)

:rofl: I was hoping for this kind of response, bud. I was just being my usual fud self.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Alex Kintner

• Unknown user

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

I use the ignore function to avoid getting into trouble. 

If I feel someone is getting under my skin I put them on ignore, better that than saying something that gets a ban. 

I'm not very good at ignoring. It's like the wee frayed bit on a something, it needs to be pulled.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: I was hoping for this kind of response, bud. I was just being my usual fud self.

Agreed.

😜

Just now, ri Alban said:

I'm not very good at ignoring. It's like the wee frayed bit on a something, it needs to be pulled.

:oohmatron:

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Should have an ignored list league table 

Only chance Norwich have of winning something.

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Glad to have been of service. :)

It takes an extra special level of numptyness to make it onto my ignore list.

Incredibly some have more than achieved it.

Swings and roundabouts though as I’m sure I’m also as equally likely to appear on one or twos lists.

Its nothing personal. I’m sure those guys ignored are sound in real life. It’s just on here the potential to be a complete crack head is too strong for some.

9 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Should have an ignored list league table 

It would be interesting to see who the top ignored posters are. And I wouldn't mind at all if I were on the list. :D

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would be interesting to see who the top ignored posters are. And I wouldn't mind at all if I were on the list. :D

Fair play

indianajones

Almost certain i am on a certain posters ignore list but it really doesnt bother me. 

They speak utter nonsense and arent willing to listen to other points of view.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Almost certain i am on a certain posters ignore list but it really doesnt bother me. 

They speak utter nonsense and arent willing to listen to other points of view.

Did someone say something?

:biggrin:

jack D and coke

Having anyone on ignore is a bit…

:cornette:

Saying that I’d be disappointed if I wasn’t on anyones…hopefully rustled someone’s jimmys sufficiently☺️

7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I don't ignore anyone as I like to see opinions across the board. 

This would be an issue if it didn’t look like some were just on the wind up 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

It certainly would.  I only put people on ignore if i actually find them very offensive as in rude and attempting to belittle me or they are just plain boring.  If i haven't blocked someone  it means i must find their  comments interesting ,  intelligent or witty. 

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

I P Knightley

Here's the maths of it.

You start to ignore posters 'cos they're in the bottom half of posters acceptable to you - aka "proper arseholes".

By doing so, you raise the average of posts that you're reading and, before too long, you'll realise that you're the biggest arsehole you're talking to.

So, in order to preserve my smug, self-satisfied demeanour, I don't use the ignore function at all. Youse may be arseholes, but you're our arseholes 💗

Edited by I P Knightley

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Having anyone on ignore is a bit…

:cornette:

Saying that I’d be disappointed if I wasn’t on anyones…hopefully rustled someone’s jimmys sufficiently☺️

Yep. Imaging not being able to deal with someones opinion or comments on a message board. 😂

There does seem to be a similar feel to those with ignore lists though.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Yep. Imaging not being able to deal with someones opinion or comments on a message board. 😂

Nope. The ones i have on my own have been offensive to me.  I cant take the odd bit banter etc but they have went too far in my book;. Anyway they probably have me blocked too. Its not the biggest deal really. Its only a message board as you say. 

24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Nothing to do with not being able to deal with them. Just not interested. I have a lot of account muted on Twitter too. Not cos I even disagree with them, mostly to stop them coming up in my feed when someone else I follow likes a tweet from an account I have no interest in seeing tweets from.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Nothing to do with not being able to deal with them. Just not interested. I have a lot of account muted on Twitter too. Not cos I even disagree with them, mostly to stop them coming up in my feed when someone else I follow likes a tweet from an account I have no interest in seeing tweets from.

Disagree, how hard is it to skim past something you aren’t interested in ? Unless someone is being repeatedly offensive or abusive(they’d be banned anyway) then it says more about those with lists rather than those on it. 

27 minutes ago, Dazo said:

:D It has nothing to do with "not being able to deal" with opinions or comments.

It has everything to do with just not particularly wanting to see the utter garbage some folk write. It makes JKB a much more pleasant place.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Disagree, how hard is it to skim past something you aren’t interested in ? Unless someone is being repeatedly offensive or abusive(they’d be banned anyway) then it says more about those with lists rather than those on it. 

It's not hard, but it's easier if they're on ignore. It's science.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Do you follow every single account on Twitter?

Tommy Brown

It would be good to know how many Ignore lists you are on. 

my own list is 22, I have finally got round to adding James, so make it 23.:whistling:

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

my own list is 22, I have finally got round to adding James, so make it 23.:whistling:

Oh, sit down.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D It has nothing to do with "not being able to deal" with opinions or comments.

It has everything to do with just not particularly wanting to see the utter garbage some folk write. It makes JKB a much more pleasant place.

I always saw it as personalising my experience

17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Goodness, Tommy.

James is more than fine, in my book.

Tommy Brown
18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Oh, sit down.

Edit:

Just realised the joke :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Goodness, Tommy.

So far, that is two posters that don't have me on ignore.

James can be a very good poster but can be very trying also. I don't have him on ignore  but after Friday  I may be on his ignore. :lol:8

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

James can be a very good poster but can be very trying also. I don't have him on ignore  but after Friday  I may be on his ignore. :lol:8

I’d never put you on ignore, Thomas.

You make me laugh too much!  😆

Seriously though, James is a good ****. He just sometimes hides it well. 😀

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Goodness, Tommy.

:lol:

Never used it though often tempted. And most of the people that annoy me seem to be given regular holidays by the mods so I don’t reach the stage of using it. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I’d never put you on ignore, Thomas.

You make me laugh too much!  😆

Seriously though, James is a good ****. He just sometimes hides it well. 😀

That cheered me up 👍

9665179A-2D89-452D-8538-AEFD2FE263A0.gif

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Edit:

Just realised the joke :facepalm:

No your not on my banned list  , couldn’t have been that bad 😎 I honestly use it sparingly 

Doctor FinnBarr
49 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just don’t read it or react if you don’t like it

simple 

The voice of reason speaks.

PS, where is best to park in Hamilton for a shopping trip and maybe a bite to eat?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

I quite enjoy all the misinformed shite punters post.

Especially my own.

The ignore thingy is pointless. 

You can read everything before logging in and, after that, if someone replies to a post of a slaverin' erse.

It's all good, clean, harmless fun.

Slaver away. 😄

Edited by martoon

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

And yet you constantly follow one particular poster you would definitely put into that category. 

12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It's not hard, but it's easier if they're on ignore. It's science.

At last, we can blame the scientists 😂

12 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Do you follow every single account on Twitter?

I don’t use twitter. 😊

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Probably just as well.

How come ? Is it full of people pretending to ignore people on there too ? If so I quite enjoy seeing that charade going on. 

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

How come ? Is it full of people pretending to ignore people on there too ? If so I quite enjoy seeing that charade going on. 

The whole concept behind the platform is selecting the content you want to see and being able to unfollow or block people who post utter nonsense, constant shite gifs or who retweet articles by right-wing racist ‘journalists’.

Your propensity to want to see everything and just skim by content you don’t like means your timeline would be chaos.

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

The whole concept behind the platform is selecting the content you want to see and being able to unfollow or block people who post utter nonsense, constant shite gifs or who retweet articles by right-wing racist ‘journalists’.

Your propensity to want to see everything and just skim by content you don’t like means your timeline would be chaos.

Wonder who you're talking about ? 🤔 

11 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

The voice of reason speaks.

PS, where is best to park in Hamilton for a shopping trip and maybe a bite to eat?

:lolderwood:

Being an adult of thick skin and growing up with many hard knocks I do not use the ignore function for all the big nasty bully wullies.  I recognise that I share the planet with 8 billion other people and specifically this forum with 18,000 other people and many I will hate and share no common ground with.  Such is life.

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being an adult of thick skin and growing up with many hard knocks I do not use the ignore function for all the big nasty bully wullies.  I recognise that I share the planet with 8 billion other people and specifically this forum with 18,000 other people and many I will hate and share no common ground with.  Such is life.

👍 

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A bit contradictory there. One sentence you have a thick skin, then another you claim to actually hate people on here. There are plenty on here get on my tits but hate is a pretty extreme word to throw about. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A bit contradictory there. One sentence you have a thick skin, then another you claim to actually hate people on here. There are plenty on here get on my tits but hate is a pretty extreme word to throw about. 

I can without hesitation confirm I utterly despise some JKB members.