The Ignore Function

Sooperstar

Lots of chat on here about ignoring people over the past couple of days. I have a sizeable ignore list. Is there a possibility the mods could make it so you can't see ignored ***** posts?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Alex Kintner

• Unknown user

As much as it irritates me - I have taken all off ignore Have to accept all view points and be adult enough (I wasn't always) to ignore the trolls.

21 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lots of chat on here about ignoring people over the past couple of days. I have a sizeable ignore list. Is there a possibility the mods could make it so you can't see ignored ***** posts?

I should of course have said quoted posts.

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That went without saying.  👍

Dirty Deeds
22 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

As much as it irritates me - I have taken all off ignore Have to accept all view points and be adult enough (I wasn't always) to ignore the trolls.

Happy to hear alternative views but the ignore function is invaluable to Kickback enjoyment.

As for quotes, it's a good reminder of what I'm not missing 

Just now, jonesy said:

Read some truly dreadful posts on here in recent months, from one poster in particular. It led to me reaching for the ignore function, too. 😔

Now I can’t see my own posts. 😶

Who said that...

Doctor FinnBarr
40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Think Mods/Admins mentioned a few years ago they couldn't stop quoted posts being seen.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Happy to hear alternative views but the ignore function is invaluable to Kickback enjoyment.

As for quotes, it's a good reminder of what I'm not missing 

:lol:

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What is Sooperstar saying? 

::troll::

🤣

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Why are there no replies?

Just get a cheap hotel room guys.:naughty:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Should be called the wee crying girl function. 

Unless they live in South Lanarkshire 

15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ignore lists are for pussies. 

I've just checked. I have 50 folk on my ignore list (it goes back many years), so I should be drowning in it!

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just checked. I have 50 folk on my ignore list (it goes back many years), so I should be drowning in it!

19 for me. 1 of whom I know in real life, albeit haven't seen for about 15 years, and I like him. Another is someone who isn't on ignore anymore but is still on my list somehow.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A quoted post is just text with no meta data attached. So tough. 😎

I spent several years as a member of the JKB management team, and ignoring users was not a realistic option.  It's kinda hard to get out of that habit, but once you decide someone is worth disregarding it is remarkably easy to do so (in my experience).

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Read some truly dreadful posts on here in recent months, from one poster in particular. It led to me reaching for the ignore function, too. 😔

Now I can’t see my own posts. 😶

😂😂

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I’ve only put 6 in the cells !  But problem is of your a nosey b******* you still wanna see their posts so you can still go aid shit reading them ?😂

SpruceBringsteen
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I spent several years as a member of the JKB management team, and ignoring users was not a realistic option.  It's kinda hard to get out of that habit, but once you decide someone is worth disregarding it is remarkably easy to do so (in my experience).

Agree with this. For my own good (and I daresay all JKB moderators past and present) I've learned that as well as the ignore option that I use extensively, you can also actually just ignore idiot ****ing posts from cretins. Took me 20 years likes, but I got there. :cool:

5 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Agree with this. For my own good (and I daresay all JKB moderators past and present) I've learned that as well as the ignore option that I use extensively, you can also actually just ignore idiot ****ing posts from cretins. Took me 20 years likes, but I got there. :cool:

Indeed. :thumbsup: 

I'm well able to do some shitposting myself, so I should be man enough to pay little heed to the shitposting of others.  :laugh:

Unknown user

I had someone wanting to give 20 quid to charity to see my ignore list recently, no idea who they are, or why.

:wtf:

Dafty though, I'm self employed, if you want something from me, you pay me! 100 quid and it's yours, mysterious stranger

I've never put anyone on ignore. Can't say I pay that much attention to usernames anymore. I might recognise an Avatar or a name that's been about for 20 years but that's about it. 

There's definitely 1 ***** these days who isba walking hypocrit that would deserve a block. But it's enjoyable pointing out his pish.

I just feel if your like I and stutter pure pish sometimes you deserve to be on ignore. my wife who loved the ground I walked on ignored anything I had to opine on for years.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I just feel if your like I and stutter pure pish sometimes you deserve to be on ignore. my wife who loved the ground I walked on ignored anything I had to opine on for years.

:laugh2: 

Yeah I have no issue with being ignored, even I get fed up with my shit sometimes

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've never put anyone on ignore. Can't say I pay that much attention to usernames anymore. I might recognise an Avatar or a name that's been about for 20 years but that's about it. 

There's definitely 1 ***** these days who isba walking hypocrit that would deserve a block. But it's enjoyable pointing out his pish.

There are a few standouts who get my attention for one reason or another but I'm pretty much the same, I don't pay much attention to usernames

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I had someone wanting to give 20 quid to charity to see my ignore list recently, no idea who they are, or why.

Dafty though, I'm self employed, if you want something from me, you pay me! 100 quid and it's yours, mysterious stranger

That’s mental.😂 Did they approach you in a local park with a brown envelope? 🕶

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That’s mental.😂 Did they approach you in a local park with a brown envelope? 🕶

Isn't it weird? I don't think I've ever spoken to the dude too, not significantly anyway

Just because you can see something doesn't mean that you have to read it.

Some poor sods on this forum don't have the option of using the ignore function, they have to at least try to read every ****ing post.  Saying that for a friend. :sad:

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Just because you can see something doesn't mean that you have to read it.

Some poor sods on this forum don't have the option of using the ignore function, they have to at least try to read every ****ing post.  Saying that for a friend. :sad:

😂 And what is seen can never be unseen.

image.gif.e0a9e4be66dcf66cf910ba026416917a.gif

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Isn't it weird? I don't think I've ever spoken to the dude too, not significantly anyway

Must be a cyber S&M thing. Ignorance fetishist 👠

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Did you ignore them?

8 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

If I’ve learned anything from this thread it’s that dwarves don’t use the ignore function. 👍🏻

I'll be surprised if you learn anything since you know it all already.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

People who ignore, are usually grasses anaw.

I use the ignore function to avoid getting into trouble. 

If I feel someone is getting under my skin I put them on ignore, better that than saying something that gets a ban. 

jamtartan74

Never used the ignore function on here, it’s easy enough to just skip past the posters that slaver pish, and of that there are many 😂 and also, the ones that may require the ignore can sometimes produce some cracking meltdown material that makes this place a joy sometimes!! As you where!! 😁

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't ignore anyone as I like to see opinions across the board. It is obvious that a few individuals just post things that they know will get the more fervent political types angry and they gain some weird satisfaction from that. I have responded to some posts of that nature when they are repeated over and over again in multiple threads but I won't do that any longer as it is what they are after.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Only ignore the stalkers, starts of because they've made a shops front of themselves and don't like it being pointed out. The usual MO is then to troll all your posts looking for some form of pointless anonymous payback. Of course ignoring them makes it worse and they never let it go  😀  I'm sure most posters on here have had similar experience.

Have missed out on the PM pagger request though, that's still on the bucket list.

Don't put anyone on ignore though, no fun in that 😀

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

How many got in it?