• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Hagar the Horrible

• I P Knightley

• Pasquale for King

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

This piece from nine years ago explains some of the background to Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea.

Thanks for posting. 

On another note what a mind numbing **** Jim White is. 

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Naw you are wrong mate, RA has denied any association with Putin, but the Foreign Office has put a case to the courts and proved that RA benifited from Putin in charge whearas other past oligarths have not, He is not a victim of nationality, he has had links and made nearly £10Bn from Putin being in charge.  Trying to sell the club quickly and preserve his wealth was shameful.

It took time for the FO to prove his association, that has now been done. Along with 7 other Oligarths in Londongrad

Totaly agree with you on the refugee situation, perhaps now that the tax payer now owns Chelsea, the sale can go into helping them settle here, but I will say in the Border Controls defence is there is shameful illegal immigrants (economic migrants) claiming they are Ukrainian at Calais.

Its just not good enough, but we have all turned a blind eye to laundering money through our banking system, this reboot will correct that and make lts of rich people very poor,  Blame Putin for that

👍 Interesting to see the legal document presented to the court.   

However  it all seems a retrospective witch-hunt  to find mega-rich former Putin "allies"  with assets in the UK, but who most likely no longer have any influence on his decision-making when it comes to the war in Ukraine - if they ever did have influence in the first place.    It looks good to the public that we're seizing control of yachts, houses and football clubs in retaliation against Russia - but its almost pointless when Putin and his  band of Kremlin accomplices  are the actual enemy here.

Hopefully our investigative journos will be on top of all this once the war ends, and we get to see just who the government did and didn't go after - and why.

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Thanks for posting. 

On another note what a mind numbing **** Jim White is. 

Aye.   Sky really plumbed the depths when they gave Jim  Red-White-and-Blue  a job.   

Sayeed explains very clearly the  politics and background to RA's interest in Chelsea - way above Jim's head, so he just comes out with -  "But he's really come to love the club and the fans love him".   

:facepalm:

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

However  it all seems a retrospective witch-hunt  to find mega-rich former Putin "allies"  with assets in the UK, but who most likely no longer have any influence on his decision-making when it comes to the war in Ukraine - if they ever did have influence in the first place.    It looks good to the public that we're seizing control of yachts, houses and football clubs in retaliation against Russia - but its almost pointless when Putin and his  band of Kremlin accomplices  are the actual enemy here.

Hopefully our investigative journos will be on top of all this once the war ends, and we get to see just who the government did and didn't go after - and why.

Correct, but better late than never. Two things connect the City of London and the EPL, their amoral ( let's say immoral) and maybe even criminal grovelling after wealth, and and their greedy selfishness. It has ruined many a huge club in England and done football throughout Europe a massive disservice. 

And let's not even start on what it has done to Ukraine

**** them.

Edited by upgotheheads

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Correct, but better late than never. Two things connect the City of London and the EPL, their amoral ( let's say immoral) and maybe even criminal grovelling after wealth, and and their greedy selfishness. It has ruined many a huge club in England and done football throughout Europe a massive disservice. 

**** them.

👍   True.   Meanwhile the FA did .... well, FA ...  to tighten up club ownership rules,  and just took the glory of having the "greatest league in the world".     Wouldn't it be quite something to  see the whole EPL house of cards collapse on the back of the Chelsea situation ?     

image.jpeg.f60e54ab4da87c495af119250e085747.jpeg

I P Knightley

I've not gone looking specifically for Chelsea tweets or chat but they have some comments on the BBC live updates for the premier league. Crikey, it takes me back to those happy, hopeful days of Rangers going under - Chelsea fans bleating, "why should the fans be punished for the actions of the owner" with (tbf) one of them saying, "we took the prizes and glory when it suited us; now for the consequences".

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Signing for Abramovich during the applause for Ukraine probably didn't go down well with some people in the Government. 

You'd struggle to find someone in government who hasn't taken a few grand from, if not Abramovich, then some other dodgy oligarch. Don't forget, they could have done this two weeks ago, when Europe, the US and even Switzerland were imposing the sanctions. They waited for Abramovich to give them the thumbs up that he'd salted away his loot before stepping in. They'd have been singing along!

Saudis must be spewing. Could have had Chelsea but now they will be entertaining in Whitley bay. 

Quite the conundrum.

Do the treasury accept a low bid to solve the problem and have nothing to donate to the War effort or hold out for the right money.

Not much fun for the Chelski supporters either way.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

They won't be able to pay him for long, though. 

Good point 👍🏽

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

👍   True.   Meanwhile the FA did .... well, FA ...  to tighten up club ownership rules,  and just took the glory of having the "greatest league in the world".     Wouldn't it be quite something to  see the whole EPL house of cards collapse on the back of the Chelsea situation ?     

image.jpeg.f60e54ab4da87c495af119250e085747.jpeg

Aye,That would because you don't like it ? The hatred / jealousy for the EPL is laughable.  Don't  watch it if you don't  like it. Don't subscribe to Sky if you don't  want to. Millions of people around the world enjoy watching the best marketed ( not the best football) sporting product in the world. I notice when you mentioned  ownership rules you didn't mention Rangers and King. We're not any better, just crap at business. 

49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Saudis must be spewing. Could have had Chelsea but now they will be entertaining in Whitley bay. 

I had some great nights out in Whitley Bay 🤗

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Aye,That would because you don't like it ? The hatred / jealousy for the EPL is laughable.  Don't  watch it if you don't  like it. Don't subscribe to Sky if you don't  want to. Millions of people around the world enjoy watching the best marketed ( not the best football) sporting product in the world. I notice when you mentioned  ownership rules you didn't mention Rangers and King. We're not any better, just crap at business. 

Jealousy & hatred  ?   Not sure why you think my comment was based on those.    I've never had Sky, and only occasionally watch  MotD or a live English match.     I gave up on it long ago - just lost interest.

You're right - they've successfully turned it into a global phenomenon, based on worldwide interest in seeing famous players on their TV screens every week while big  corporates eagerly pay big money  to advertise themselves.     Huge money in, huge money out.    In the current situation of a war in Europe and global cost of living crisis, a  House of Cards is how I see it.  Your final sentence is fair - but Rangers demise (and ours as a result of Romanov) were both due to massive unsustainable spending by owners who then came unstuck financially.    

Its maybe an age thing, but I genuinely only care about Hearts now - no interest whatsoever in having a favourite English team or player. 

Edited by Lone Striker

2 hours ago, GYL said:

Not sure many Saudi’s are up for 8 pints of Tetley, pork scratchings, a fish supper and a 5 minute bang up a dark alley. 😜

2 hours ago, GYL said:

My first 'foreign' holiday when I was a kid.  Our family stayed at the Feathers holiday complex (aka Caravan Park) and enjoyed visiting the Spanish City theme park (aka Fairground).

7 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

It'll be good when the government has to do to everyone else , what has happened here. The EPL will go bust and so will sky, hopefully. 

I've a fire stick with all football games on it, and I'll only watch Hearts. I also have Virgin TV, with BT sports and still don't watch it.(EPL) I put match of the day on, on a Sunday, but that's just background noise while I wait for the politics to come on.

But this is brilliant, a shite club, living above it's station, hopefully going back to being shite. :jambobanana:

Edited by ri Alban

Nelly Terraces

Oh dear, looks like the Chekski are paddling up the shitty river sans paddle.

As a Leyton Orient fan this pleases me greatly. Can only hope they eventually go bust - club supported in the man by EPL Gloryhunters.

F *** them.

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hopefully they pump some money into the local club too, we need it badly. Mon the Saudis :lol: 

Extended Partnership with Whitley Bay FC | Bolam Premier Sportswear

upgotheheads
28 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

As a Leyton Orient fan this pleases me greatly. Can only hope they eventually go bust - club supported in the man by EPL Gloryhunters.

F *** them.

Chelsea have a monthly wage bill alone of £15 million apparently, probably another few million in running costs, and from now on zero income as they cannot sell merchandise and tickets. They have been financially doped up to the eyeballs with money stolen from the Russian people. The same is true of other clubs owned by non Russian Oligarchs. 

This could easily be the start of the collapse of the house of cards that is the EPL, lets hope so.

**** them all. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Chelsea have a monthly wage bill alone of £15 million apparently, probably another few million in running costs, and from now on zero income as they cannot sell merchandise and tickets. They have been financially doped up to the eyeballs with money stolen from the Russian people. The same is true of other clubs owned by non Russian Oligarchs. 

This could easily be the start of the collapse of the house of cards that is the EPL, lets hope so.

**** them all. 

the reports are saying 28M not 15M as their monthly wage bill

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure many Saudi’s are up for 8 pints of Tetley, pork scratchings, a fish supper and a 5 minute bang up a dark alley. 😜

Ah you too have enjoyed the delights of a night out in Whitley Bay🤣🤣....them were the days😌😌

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

My first 'foreign' holiday when I was a kid.  Our family stayed at the Feathers holiday complex (aka Caravan Park) and enjoyed visiting the Spanish City theme park (aka Fairground).

I was at that Spanish City on a stag do years ago.

The sight of a couple on the roller coaster having to be pushed up to the top by a fairground worker to get moving has always stayed with me as a high point of my fairground experiences.

Hagar the Horrible

They will run out of money inside 2 weeks, but I can see them being allowed to sell tickets to see them through.

They have a kitty of £16m,  sorry but pay players the national min and staff the living wage it will last longer

3 have susspended their £40m shirt sponsor,  Nike, Hyundai and Zapp look to be tearing up contracts.

However the ticket sale ban will be lifeted if the club cannot be sold quickly,  the proceeds of the sale will go into a government approved international charity,  and Not one of RA's

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The sight of a couple on the roller coaster having to be pushed up to the top by a fairground worker to get moving has always stayed with me as a high point of my fairground experiences.

Made famous in a Dire Straights song.......which?

Bungalow Bill
12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

5 minutes!

15 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Wouldn't hold your breath on that. Still not seen the original Russia report, and Sue Gray's seems to have disappeared too, despite the government promising to publish it in full.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

F *** them.

The ones that aren't EPL gloyhunters are, by and large, thoroughly unpleasant people.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

54 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Two Young Lovers?

Can't they just pay all the staff and players and ring fence all other income that's left.Appoint someone to run the business as is but with money redirected elsewhere.Would no doubt take this government about 8 month to sort it out though

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Pass.

Not hugely knowledgeable about Dire Straits but will have a look and see if listening evokes those misty eyed and hungover memories 

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They will run out of money inside 2 weeks, but I can see them being allowed to sell tickets to see them through.

They have a kitty of £16m,  sorry but pay players the national min and staff the living wage it will last longer

3 have susspended their £40m shirt sponsor,  Nike, Hyundai and Zapp look to be tearing up contracts.

However the ticket sale ban will be lifeted if the club cannot be sold quickly,  the proceeds of the sale will go into a government approved international charity,  and Not one of RA's

Its tricky.

The sale is the solution. A quick sale the best option.

But a simple change to arrangements by the Government or a failure to agree an easing to allow more income closes them down. 

Edited by Mikey1874

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Pass.

Not hugely knowledgeable about Dire Straits but will have a look and see if listening evokes those misty eyed and hungover memories 

Romeo and Juliet😆

Edited by upgotheheads

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Can't they just pay all the staff and players and ring fence all other income that's left.Appoint someone to run the business as is but with money redirected elsewhere.Would no doubt take this government about 8 month to sort it out though

I'd imagine that at this stage of the season, the pot from ST sales has dwindled to effall and they look to rely on other sources for cashflow.

* Matchday ticket sales and merchandise - GONE

* Sugar Daddy bailouts - GONE

* Sponsorship income - only a guess but I'd imagine that that's structured to be monthly - going going...

* TV rights - probably contracted monthly plus per appearance. I wonder whether TV companies will think that showing Chelsea is fair game now that RA is out of the picture.

Basically, it's a club heading into insolvency and I'd expect to see a chum of the Tories appointed as administrator before too long, acting on behalf of Liz Effing Truss.

BangkokHearts
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Signing for Abramovich during the applause for Ukraine probably didn't go down well with some people in the Government. 

We would have done the same for Vlad.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It'll be good when the government has to do to everyone else , what has happened here. The EPL will go bust and so will sky, hopefully. 

I've a fire stick with all football games on it, and I'll only watch Hearts. I also have Virgin TV, with BT sports and still don't watch it.(EPL) I put match of the day on, on a Sunday, but that's just background noise while I wait for the politics to come on.

But this is brilliant, a shite club, living above it's station, hopefully going back to being shite. :jambobanana:

For someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone else out with Heart of Midlothian your certainly going full pelt with your delight at having a pop at some other club, unfortunately I'm not able to identify what one your on about as this is a thread about Chelsea Football Club. 

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'd imagine that at this stage of the season, the pot from ST sales has dwindled to effall and they look to rely on other sources for cashflow.

* Sponsorship income - only a guess but I'd imagine that that's structured to be monthly - going going...

* TV rights - probably contracted monthly plus per appearance. I wonder whether TV companies will think that showing Chelsea is fair game now that RA is out of the picture.

Basically, it's a club heading into insolvency and I'd expect to see a chum of the Tories appointed as administrator before too long, acting on behalf of Liz Effing Truss.

Abramovich bought Chelsea, in 2003. That was,under a Labour government. The Tories, along with the Libdems didn't get into government until 2010.

So in my book Labour as complicit as anyone.

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Abramovich bought Chelsea, in 2003. That was,under a Labour government. The Tories, along with the Libdems didn't get into government until 2010.

So in my book Labour as complicit as anyone.

I'm not looking to trace things back to see what should have been done to prevent RA's dirty money coming into English football; I'm more concerned with the here and now of most of the Tory cabinet taking dodgy oligarch coin and doing their bidding.

More specifically, I think that most of the Tory front bench is chronically incompetent and shouldn't be allowed near anything more than a bucket of playdough.

18 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I've not gone looking specifically for Chelsea tweets or chat but they have some comments on the BBC live updates for the premier league. Crikey, it takes me back to those happy, hopeful days of Rangers going under - Chelsea fans bleating, "why should the fans be punished for the actions of the owner" with (tbf) one of them saying, "we took the prizes and glory when it suited us; now for the consequences".

You'd struggle to find someone in government who hasn't taken a few grand from, if not Abramovich, then some other dodgy oligarch. Don't forget, they could have done this two weeks ago, when Europe, the US and even Switzerland were imposing the sanctions. They waited for Abramovich to give them the thumbs up that he'd salted away his loot before stepping in. They'd have been singing along!

Any mention of the large house staying open?

heatonjambo
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

Hopefully they pump some money into the local club too, we need it badly. Mon the Saudis :lol: 

Extended Partnership with Whitley Bay FC | Bolam Premier Sportswear

but your local club should be Heaton Stannington!

John Findlay
33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm not looking to trace things back to see what should have been done to prevent RA's dirty money coming into English football; I'm more concerned with the here and now of most of the Tory cabinet taking dodgy oligarch coin and doing their bidding.

More specifically, I think that most of the Tory front bench is chronically incompetent and shouldn't be allowed near anything more than a bucket of playdough.

I don't disagree with you, allium saying the other side of the house is just as vacant and just as corrupt.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I don't disagree with you, allium saying the other side of the house is just as vacant and just as corrupt.

Disagree 👎

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

It would be interesting if they were unable to see out the season.  All their games would be voided.  City have beaten them twice, Liverpool have drawn with them twice, so City would lose 6 points and Liverpool only lose 2.

It would amuse me if Abramovich's downfall ends up costing City the title.

12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It would be interesting if they were unable to see out the season.  All their games would be voided.  City have beaten them twice, Liverpool have drawn with them twice, so City would lose 6 points and Liverpool only lose 2.

It would amuse me if Abramovich's downfall ends up costing City the title.

You mean this could save Everton. 

Unknown user
On 10/03/2022 at 15:20, I P Knightley said:

Why do you single out Tommy Tickles? 

I think I know his sister Tess

Looks like Chelsea have hit the skids, was always bound to happen once Roman Abromavich pulled out/ got forced out, feel sorry for the small section of there fans who are the die hards but I would wager about 75% of those who follow them are only doing so because of the amount of money and titles that have been bought over the last 20 years, have absolutely no sympathy for them. Hard luck.