Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Hagar the Horrible

• I P Knightley

• Pasquale for King

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Valued at £3bn lol

Too much for a feeder club then? Was thinking Lukaku could do a job.

Might need to do it next few days. Not sure such a big sale can happen that quickly. 

If sanctions are imposed on Abramovich then it's likely to mean a suspension or 'seizure' of assets. Which would mean he's barred from selling anything. 

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

How can Chelsea have £1.5bn of loans written off and that NOT be an issue for financial fair play?

How can they be sold without first paying off the debt? Or at least paying off the debt from the sale proceeds?  Try selling your house and keeping all the money without paying off what is left on the mortgage!🤦‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Canscot said:

How can they be sold without first paying off the debt? Or at least paying off the debt from the sale proceeds?  Try selling your house and keeping all the money without paying off what is left on the mortgage!🤦‍♂️

11A6109D-A60A-4D47-B287-692F96E1355E.jpeg

joondalupjambo

All net proceeds of the sale are to go to the victims of the war in Ukraine.

Of course that could mean to the families of killed or injured Russian soldiers bearing in mind RA has still not condemned the war.

45 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Of course that could mean to the families of killed or injured Russian soldiers bearing in mind RA has still not condemned the war.

Your second paragraph is what stood out to me as a glaring omission from his statement

joondalupjambo
34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Your second paragraph is what stood out to me as a glaring omission from his statement

Yeah the TV has picked up on it now, they did not seem to have last night.  It must be my mind but as soon as I saw the announcement from him yesterday afternoon, like you it was the first thing that jumped into my head.  Obviously sad for any soldier to be killed though and for any family.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Not sure how to interpret this. Does it mean he supports the war in Ukraine by selling. Is he saying that he would rather sell Chelsea, write off billions in debt and leave the UK than turn against Putin. 

I bet the Saudi’s wished they waited a few more months 

been here before
6 hours ago, Canscot said:

The debt is owed to one of Abramovichs' companies who loaned the money to a holding company called Fordstam (one of Abramovics' companies) who own Chelsea the football club who are owned by Abramovich and who gave the money to Chelsea FC. Or something.

Its like you giving yourself a tenner then passing that tenner onto yourself then telling yourself not to bother giving you it back.

Edited by been here before

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Not sure how to interpret this. Does it mean he supports the war in Ukraine by selling. Is he saying that he would rather sell Chelsea, write off billions in debt and leave the UK than turn against Putin. 

I get the feeling the price includes his loan payback. 

4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Good point.

He's lucky he's not in Germany though this could also happen here. 

jamboinglasgow

Complete PR job, he is getting out as soon as possible so Chelsea doesn't get seized through sanctions, notable also that it says net proceeds will go to Charity, what amount is it that means anything over is net? The amount he paid for the club, that plus value of loans or even greater? 

As others say the charity it would go to is vague. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good point.

He's lucky he's not in Germany though this could also happen here. 

He has been sanctioned in this country and it might affect Everton as their owner part owns a company with usmanov, or something like that. His company is also supposed to be the main sponsor of Everton's new ground

6 hours ago, been here before said:

The debt is owed to one of Abramovichs' companies who loaned the money to a holding company called Fordstam (one of Abramovics' companies) who own Chelsea the football club who are owned by Abramovich and who gave the money to Chelsea FC. Or something.

Its like you giving yourself a tenner then passing that tenner onto yourself then telling yourself not to bother giving you it back.

So classic”Vladonomics “ then. 
A financial shell game of sorts. 

Spitonastranger

Can the Tory  Goverment not buy them with all the Russian money they have received :robboyas:

Edited by Spitonastranger

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

It's all weasel words.

Net will mean whatever he needs it to mean.

The victims will be the ones he chooses, such as pals who've lost their superyachts.

The £1.5bn loan write-off is most likely funny money anyway. He's lent dirty money to the club, laundered it and got his 'clean' dividend.

A government with guts would have seized all assets in his name already; houses, cars, jets & pet football club projects.

joondalupjambo
9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

It's all weasel words.

The victims will be the ones he chooses, such as pals who've lost their superyachts.

The £1.5bn loan write-off is most likely funny money anyway. He's lent dirty money to the club, laundered it and got his 'clean' dividend.

A government with guts would have seized all assets in his name already; houses, cars, jets & pet football club projects.

Absolutely he and his accountants / financial advisors / lawyers could end up with a pound as his net proceeds.  It is all smoke and mirrors.  Just hope out of principal nobody or no group buy Chelsea.

9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

It's all weasel words.

Totally agree, anyone even thinking of buying should have long hard think about where that money is going! 

Quick question, as there is something I am not understanding. 

With the sanctions, and the fact that Roman Abramovic is a very rich Russian who the sanctions are targeted at, how exactly is he going to be able to sell, or even receive, money for the club?  

21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

With the sanctions, and the fact that Roman Abramovic is a very rich Russian who the sanctions are targeted at, how exactly is he going to be able to sell, or even receive, money for the club?  

Boris will only sanction his friends when they have had a chance to liquidate their assets and get out.  

I P Knightley
43 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Due to earlier investment he and his like made in the KonseЯvative Party, he'll be able to cash in at his leisure.

2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

Boris will only sanction his friends when they have had a chance to liquidate their assets and get out.  

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Due to earlier investment he and his like made in the KonseЯvative Party, he'll be able to cash in at his leisure.

But don't the sanctions actually affect the transfer of money into accounts of Russians and the use of global payment systems?

Seems like it doesn't really help if people can circumnavigate it that easily by just using a British bank account.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

But don't the sanctions actually affect the transfer of money into accounts of Russians and the use of global payment systems?

Seems like it doesn't really help if people can circumnavigate it that easily by just using a British bank account.

No sanctions against Abramovich yet.

It is true sanctions could prevent him selling Chelsea. 

Heartsmad1874

Can no longer sell tickets apparently, only season ticket holders can attend.

Does it also mean no away fans at Stamford Bridge? 

Chelsea fans now buying Man City memberships.

27 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can no longer sell tickets apparently, only season ticket holders can attend.

Does it also mean no away fans at Stamford Bridge? 

Chelsea fans now buying Man City memberships.

Had not realised that about season ticket holders, that is quite huge actually I wonder how transfers are affected.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Had not realised that about season ticket holders, that is quite huge actually I wonder how transfers are affected.

It's not just season ticket holders, there's going to be thousands of empty seats now every week unless they're allowed to simply give tickets away, they're not allowed to sell club merchandise, season ticket holders won't be able to renew next season, Chelski look like being thrown out of European competition too, so this opens the door for Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs etc to grab a CL spot, I'm not even sure how they will be able to pay wages, and I'd imagine Everton will be in the same boat too. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's not just season ticket holders, there's going to be thousands of empty seats now every week unless they're allowed to simply give tickets away, they're not allowed to sell club merchandise, season ticket holders won't be able to renew next season, Chelski look like being thrown out of European competition too, so this opens the door for Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs etc to grab a CL spot, I'm not even sure how they will be able to pay wages, and I'd imagine Everton will be in the same boat too. 

Wow, so I wonder what happens after he sells it.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I wonder if he can even sell it, surely sanctions would mean he can't make money from a sale. 

But this makes me even more glad we are fan owned

been here before

There's nothing at all for them to worry about as the JKB Experts On Everything (currently working in the Russia/Ukraine thread) are proposing "setting up a monitoring operation on Chelsea forums to gain insight into the minds of the deranged".

So sit back and relax Roman, all is well. The Experts On Everything have your back on this.

:rofl:

Edited by been here before

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

He can't sell. They're not allowed any new financial transactions. :)

9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Wow hitting them hard like 

Howdy Doody Jambo
9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Can you not even buy a pie and bovril dan the bridge? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Wow hitting them hard like 

Yes, sky sports news is covering it pretty well. Can't sell any players, can't sign new players. Some of the big names out of contract in the summer (Rudiger), so wouldn't be able to sign a replacement. Brilliant.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Can you not even buy a pie and bovril dan the bridge? 

Don't think so. Sky sports news has been covering it quite well.