Josh Taylor Fight (merged threads)

Radio Ga Ga

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

I think all you need to gauge is the reaction of the crowd. Scottish blokes wins a fight in Glasgow you would expect a roar that would shake the building. That got announced and it was eh?? Only folk I have seen think he won was some delusions Hibs fans on Facebook lol

They think Hibs are Brazil so you could understand that😂

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlimOzturk

• been here before

• ri Alban

• neilnunb

How do the judges record points? Do they press a button for each hit/deduction and it is logged on a computer? Would there be a way to see this retrospectively against a video of the fight so you can see where/when they allocated points? Please excuse my boxing ignorance!

Edited by Jambos_1874

adambraejambo
12 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

That is an absolute disgrace. 

I missed the first couple of rounds but out the rest I'd say Taylor won maybe one, and he got knocked down. 

Just can't fathom what the judges were watching to come up with those scores. 

This is one of the reasons I pay less and less interest to boxing as you see fights like that where the decision should be so clear, they've basically robbed this boy Catterall of the biggest night of his life and potentially millions of pounds. 

Taylor should be ashamed to be champion after that. 

Feel a bit sorry for Taylor. He has been one of GBs best boxers for last few years and this is what he will be remembered for now. It would probably have been better for his career if he had lost the decision then had a rematch and tried to retake  the belts. I know he said he will probably move up a level but I think the next few weeks the flack he gets from the press and online will take its toll and we will see a rematch. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

How do the judges record points? Do they press a button for each hit/deduction and it is logged on a computer? Would there be a way to see this retrospectively against a video of the fight so you can see where/when they allocated points? Please excuse my boxing ignorance!

They record each round.  Yes.

Taylor for me lost by 10 rounds.  Still happy he won though. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Feel a bit sorry for Taylor. He has been one of GBs best boxers for last few years and this is what he will be remembered for now. It would probably have been better for his career if he had lost the decision then had a rematch and tried to retake  the belts. I know he said he will probably move up a level but I think the next few weeks the flack he gets from the press and online will take its toll and we will see a rematch. 

Nah.  He knows fine well he needs to move up weight.  

His legacy will be undisputed champions, probably at 2 weights.  

He got outboxed tonight though.   And no chance of a rematch.   Unless JC wants to change weight in what he wont because he was holding the whole fight at this weight. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Same with football they count everything like passes and how many times a player shits between attacking forward moves and if they are playing against a big team. Btw what team does he support.

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

they hand a slip to the ref after each round 'winner of the round scores 10 points eg 10-9 etc. Probably borrowed a GFA computer to tot up the points

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

they hand a slip to the ref after each round 'winner of the round scores 10 points eg 10-9 etc. Probably borrowed a GFA computer to tot up the points

Surely they could ensure that this is seen real time for full traceability though? Or is that just too fair to even contemplate?

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

That's how it's done in amature.

In professional they simply decide who they thought was the better fighter a round. Give that person 10 out of 10 and the other 9 out of 10 usually.

If someone's knocked down they lose a point for each time there knocked down. So round 8 i would of been 10 for catterall and 8 for Josh.

The round catterall was deducted a point on would either be a 9 9 score or a 10 8 to Josh (if the judges decided Josh won that round).

Basically it's completely subjective and impossible to analysis how they came to the scores they did

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Surely they could ensure that this is seen real time for full traceability though? Or is that just too fair to even contemplate?

I think they use a punch by punch scoring computer in the Olympics but pro boxing has always used this system.

Strangely two english judges involved out of three. Probably scared their car windows would get put in.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

The worst decision I have ever witnessed in world boxing 

1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

Nah, that would be AJ's decision to fight his last opponent. 

Time to move up take the big money fight with Crawford.All the signs of staying at the weight one fight too many.He won't beat Crawford but fantastic occasion and should make a lot of cash.

LochcarronJambo

Chuffed, the English fellah walked backwards all nite & that’s why he lost …. But Taylor had an off nite…. Was fortunate

Shooter McGavin

One thing about boxing is there seems to be absolutely zero accountability from the judges. 

I’ve never heard of a judge being interviewed or releasing a statement to defend their dodgy scorecard, they just seem to move on to the next promotion.

Whole thing does seem shady to be honest.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

paddypower have refunded losing catterall bets I see.  

I had £20 on Jack at 4/1 after round 3.  Raging but at least they've refunded.  I matched it with JT knock out when it looked in the bag after round 9.  Raging but at least some back. 

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

One thing about boxing is there seems to be absolutely zero accountability from the judges. 

I’ve never heard of a judge being interviewed or releasing a statement to defend their dodgy scorecard, they just seem to move on to the next promotion.

Whole thing does seem shady to be honest.

Football ref's dont have to either? 

The White Cockade

Looks like he couldn’t cope with a fellow southpaw 

Looked tired from the start and never had any control at any point 

Home town decision 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

English guy gets screwed in favour of the Scottish guy. Isn't that awful.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522f30fd2196f5a03ad

Tbh this is pretty true. How often will you

see two English judges screw one of their own in favour of a Scottish fighter. 

Absolutely terrible decision, Catterall was robbed. Here’s the cards for anyone interested. How anyone could give that to Taylor by three, I’ve no idea. Worst decision I’ve seen in the UK since Burns-Beltran. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tbh this is pretty true. How often will you

see two English judges screw one of their own in favour of a Scottish fighter. 

Some of my favour Hearts victories are daylight robbery. And my worst defeats.

He and his team  knew he was beaten you could tell by the instructions they gave him that he needed a knock down  and his desperate performance in the last two rounds you don't do that when you think your ahead , he should at least have some humility knowing the other guy was robbed 

I was gigging in The Goth Prestonpans last night and the place was rammed. After the fight the mood was jubilant but slightly subdued, I think most of the punters realised that Josh hot out of jail. Has to be said I'm no boxing expert but I thought he lost.

11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They record each round.  Yes.

Taylor for me lost by 10 rounds.  Still happy he won though. 

Happy he won ?

Mate it’s like getting a birthday present your ma shoplifted. Happy with it but it’s still stolen.

Taylor was as poor as I’ve seen him however you don’t take 4 belts off someone by walking backwards and holding for most of the fight. Where a round is close then refs will invariably give the nod to the guy trying to go forwards.

Looking at the scorecards the refs were in agreement on 10 of the rounds with Lewis giving the 4th to Taylor and the 12th splitting the refs 2-1 in favour of Taylor. 

luckyBatistuta
13 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Taylor lost that fight, unbelievable decision. 

Unbelievable that they gave him that fight, a joke. Anyone defending that is talking utter noncesense.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Unbelievable that they gave him that fight, a joke. Anyone defending that is talking utter noncesense.

😀

Samuel Camazzola
On 27/02/2022 at 00:09, gar jambo said:

20 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pat Clinton was the worst I've seen. Then Lennox Lewis one or two for and against. 

Willie Limond v Amir Khan is one that sticks out for me. Limond put him down for what would have equated to a count of 14 but the referee seemed to lose all concept of time. The Ref? Marcus McDonnell who had a suspect scorecard at the weekend! 

In recent times, Fury's draw with Wilder was a poor one. 

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Willie Limond v Amir Khan is one that sticks out for me. Limond put him down for what would have equated to a count of 14 but the referee seemed to lose all concept of time. The Ref? Marcus McDonnell who had a suspect scorecard at the weekend! 

In recent times, Fury's draw with Wilder was a poor one. 

Marcus McDonnell didn't score the fight, he was the ref inside the ring