• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlimOzturk

• been here before

• ri Alban

• neilnunb

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Josh Taylor Fight (merged threads)

I switched off before the decision.  But then had a look at this thread. They gave Taylor the win!!  He won 5 rounds at very best. Laughable.

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

They surely can't let that decision stand. 

It has to stand. It was a championship bout. Not Taylor’s fault the judges called it his was. 

Every pundit called he lost it. I'm mean I'm  no boxing expert but 100% they have called that to avoid a riot in Glasgow. Ah well I will stick to wrestling at least you know that's pre determined! 

Malinga the Swinga

Just another decision that must result in the end of boxing as a sport 

Taylor lost the fight, anyone who saw it knows who won fight.

A general 'boo' is all I can say.

been here before

Theres a saying that to win a world title in the chapions backyard then you have to really take it from him. Catterall done that and more.

No wonder he was right out that ring.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Catterall's trainer looks like he wants to go in the ring 🤣

Don’t blame him to be fair. He’s right in what he’s saying too. Can’t imagine how Jack is feeling.

Had Catterall winning by one round only.

Judges obviously didn't like his cheating and with it being a proper title fight, didn't think he did enough to win.

3 expert Judges not as clued up as Sky's biased pundits 😆😆😆😆  up them.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Had Catterall winning by one round only.

Judges obviously didn't like his cheating and with it being a proper title fight, didn't think he did enough to win.

3 expert Judges not as clued up as Sky's biased pundits 😆😆😆😆  up them.

Mate there’s no point in defending the indefensible. Catteral absolutely ragdolled Taylor all fight. He won by at least 3rounds. 

How anyone can try and claim otherwise is either clueless towards boxing or some sort of Taylor super fan. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Mate there’s no point in defending the indefensible. Catteral absolutely ragdolled Taylor all fight. He won by at least 3rounds. 

How anyone can try and claim otherwise is either clueless towards boxing or some sort of Taylor super fan. 

Catterall won in my eyes, but only just. Hence, leaving the door open to interpretation. 

Still in shock with that, I wanted Taylor to win of course I did but feel for Catterall there, he has been robbed of the biggest night of his life. 

Catterall robbed maybe but he's a boring defence first style. Wasn't a great fight and you have to go extra hard take the man's belts in his backyard,

And we thought the SFA was corrupt?! Taylor won 1 round at best tonight, lost at least 7, and yet is crowned the winner? Shocking result. 

That is an absolute disgrace. 

I missed the first couple of rounds but out the rest I'd say Taylor won maybe one, and he got knocked down. 

Just can't fathom what the judges were watching to come up with those scores. 

This is one of the reasons I pay less and less interest to boxing as you see fights like that where the decision should be so clear, they've basically robbed this boy Catterall of the biggest night of his life and potentially millions of pounds. 

Taylor should be ashamed to be champion after that. 

I haven't seen anyone who thinks Taylor won that fight.

It's hard to warm to him with some of the sh1te he does before fights and then claims he definitely won it after.

Wonder if the sluggishness could be down to him catching Covid in lockdown <cough>.

Anyway, he'll get good options at 147 though. Crawford will definitely want that fight.

Edited by Costanza

Shooter McGavin

85 punches to 166, I don’t care what judges look at in terms of ring control, who’s the aggressor etc..

85 vs 166 including a knockdown is the decision right there. 

Blatant corruption.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

2 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

That is an absolute disgrace. 

I missed the first couple of rounds but out the rest I'd say Taylor won maybe one, and he got knocked down. 

Just can't fathom what the judges were watching to come up with those scores. 

This is one of the reasons I pay less and less interest to boxing as you see fights like that where the decision should be so clear, they've basically robbed this boy Catterall of the biggest night of his life and potentially millions of pounds. 

Taylor should be ashamed to be champion after that

Hardly :rofl:

He doesn’t control the judges. 

He will Move up weight. Was clearly struggling to make the weight and it completely ****ed him. 

If he fights Crawford at 147 he will get smashed to bits. And after tonight’s robbery I can’t say I’d be too disappointed to see that. 

Edited by moogsy

1 minute ago, moogsy said:

If he fights Crawford at 147 he will get smashed to bits. And after to tonight’s robbery I can’t say I’d be too disappointed to see that. 

Doesnt stand a chance against Crawford. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hardly :rofl:

He doesn’t control the judges. 

He will Move up weight. Was clearly struggling to make the weight and it completely ****ed him. 

two English judges as well makes it even more mystifying

I think all you need to gauge is the reaction of the crowd. Scottish blokes wins a fight in Glasgow you would expect a roar that would shake the building. That got announced and it was eh?? Only folk I have seen think he won was some delusions Hibs fans on Facebook lol