Scott Wilson retiring

DB-14

been here before
52 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Why would FOH give a shit who reads out the half time scores? 

Sounds complete bullshit but if for some crazy reason its true,  then Im upping subs.

Edited by been here before

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

• SecN

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

A family member was at one of the cup final hospitality hosted by Hearts and Scott Wilson. 

SW made it clear to my brother in law that it was not his decision to go and it was FOH wanting a freshen up etc 

Only passing on what BIL said 

I’m sure the FOH have more to deal with than standing Scott Wilson down from his mic 😂

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Sounds complete bullshit but if for some crazy reason its true,  then Im upping subs.

Why?

I find it hard to believe that FoH wanted Scott Wilson to stand down but if so, then maybe we're all getting a shot at compiling the pre match playlist. Bagsie going first.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

I find it hard to believe that FoH wanted Scott Wilson to stand down but if so, then maybe we're all getting a shot at compiling the pre match playlist. Bagsie going first.

It’s not an FoH decision. The club decides who spins the records. 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not an FoH decision. The club decides who spins the records. 

Yeah I doubted it very much.

I am semi serious about picking the tunes though 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Yeah I doubted it very much.

I am semi serious about picking the tunes though 

😄

6 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Why would FOH give a shit who reads out the half time scores? 

Exactly!  FOH has no say in the day to day running of the club, they would not be taking a decision like this.

Birregrande
8 hours ago, Costanza said:

Shotgun!

Randy Marsh
8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why?

Why not?  Maybe to demonstrate his PHM credentials?  Unlike you.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Why not?  Maybe to demonstrate his PHM credentials?  Unlike you.

Why would you increase it if you though they had a part in Scott Wilson leaving?

Randy Marsh
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why would you increase it if you though they had a part in Scott Wilson leaving?

If you would bother to read the full thread (which you oddly bumped) you would have noticed said poster is not Scott Wilson's biggest fan.  Maybe that answers another one of your tedious questions.  Regardless of their motives I think any increase in pledges to FOH is most welcome.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why wouldnt I?

Jambo 4 Ever
37 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If you would bother to read the full thread (which you oddly bumped) you would have noticed said poster is not Scott Wilson's biggest fan.  Maybe that answers another one of your tedious questions.  Regardless of their motives I think any increase in pledges to FOH is most welcome.

How could you not like Scott Wilson?

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

You made the mistake of trying to answer the OP, that's what he wants.  Best to do what others have cottoned onto and either ignore or answer with a question of your own, like the poster after you did.  Otherwise you'll just get another tedious question back, as in fact you did.

• 4 weeks later...
been here before

"evolve the matchday experience" what a crock of shite 

Couple of tunes, read teams, halftime scores, read out subs, tune on way out and job done.

Great news and pleased Graeme/Woosh was chosen. Went to Tynie High School with him so good to see him getting the gig.

Edited by Gards

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Couple of tunes, read teams, halftime scores, read out subs, tune on way out and job done.

I'm shocked at your attitude. You're normally such a positive presence in this forum.

The Gorgie

Turn up 3 mins before kick off, maybe hear a decent tune after a victory, can't say my match day experience is going to change all that much.

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Was your application rejected bhb? 🙂

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Turn up 3 mins before kick off, maybe hear a decent tune after a victory, can't say my match day experience is going to change all that much.

Nothing will change until you can have beer inside the stadium or have stuff going on that will encourage folk to turn up early.

The Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Nothing will change until you can have beer inside the stadium or have stuff going on that will encourage folk to turn up early.

True. Personally, other than being able to have a beer in the stadium I can't think of anything that would make me want to go in early. Suppose it will be different when taking kids to the game.

been here before
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Was your application rejected bhb? 🙂

Well I applied saying I see the job as reading teams, scores, subs and spinning a couple of 45s.

Got a reply about matchday stakeholders, football journeys, enhances experience packages and some other overly pretentious bullshit.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well I applied saying I see the job as reading teams, scores, subs and spinning a couple of 45s.

Got a reply about matchday stakeholders, football journeys, enhances experience packages and some other overly pretentious bullshit.

😁👍

Very happy with this choice. I’m sure he’s the business teacher at Queensferry High. Great appointment imo the best option available especially considering he’s a Jambo! Happy days! 

been here before
3 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

But now we have a "floor manager" for music :facepalm:

Craigieboy
On 15/05/2022 at 10:35, jbee647 said:

Scott Wilson, like John Robertson is a one off, and like Robbo will almost be impossible to replace I’m afraid

i predict next season we will have countless comments and complaints about the new guy.

why not poach the guy graham Easton from Hampden, a Hearts fan and a local lad was at Tynecastle School I believe, 

:interehjrling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

American basketball style stuff, great for the family, simple as that. Guy himself is a bit bland 

Armageddon
On 05/07/2022 at 17:47, red said:

Very happy with this choice. I’m sure he’s the business teacher at Queensferry High. Great appointment imo the best option available especially considering he’s a Jambo! Happy days! 

Aye he is.  Boys are already wanting to get in about him 😂. He should be a teacher in the Inbetweeners by all accounts.

He must post on here!!

queensferryjambo
On 05/07/2022 at 17:47, red said:

He is a teacher at Queensferry High, nice he has the privilege of teaching in that hotbed of Heart of Midlothian fanaticism. For what it's worth my kids go to QHS and really like him.

He was good when he done games at Hampden as well IMO.

One thing for sure, if 'evolving the matchday experience' equates to anything like whomever stood in for the match v The Rangers did then I'll be bringing ear plugs.

All that person did was to pump up da volume. Bleedin' earache inducing, so it was.

I'd go as far as to say that it must've been inspired by the 1989 ousting of Manuel Noriega in Panama by the USA seeing how quickly the stands emptied prior to the traditional end of season lap of honour.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40090809

Same goes for recent Hampden 'experiences' whereby the crappy over-loud tunes served nowt other than to drown out the atmosphere generated by the crowd.

So, if the new fella is short of ideas then there's a host of possibilities quoted in the above article and the so-called 'floor manager' can co-ordinate the crowd participation ... after all, it's one of the things floor-managers are tasked with.

Yay! Get Tynie jumpin' an' Pump Up The Volume.