Scott Wilson retiring

DB-14

Not a fan of today's playlist.

Why not play songs that the fans could sing along with like Hi Ho Silver Lining, Sweet Caroline etc etc etc. Involve the fans, don't deafen them!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

• SecN

been here before

Do folk actually go along to listen to this shite?

The stadium announcer gig should be a couple of background tunes while you have a spraff to your mates or those around you, team line up, tunes, Hearts song.

Tune, half time scores, tune.

MOTM, Full time scores.

Thats it, but I suppose its all about "match day experience" these days.

Scott Wilson tried to make it about Scott Wilson, tried to make the gig more than it needed to be. "The Voice of Tynecastle" :rofl: Get tae ****- what does that even mean?

The boy today was fine- just turn the noise down a bit, I couldnt speak to the gadgie next to me without shouting.

Butterbean1874
11 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Why not play songs that the fans could sing along with like Hi Ho Silver Lining, Sweet Caroline etc etc etc. Involve the fans, don't deafen them!

Agree 100% music no where near as good as Scott’s n far to loud 

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

While I might not agree with your specific examples, I agree with where you are coming from.  Seemed to me like he was a bit self indulgent, playing stuff he likes regardless of whether that would resonate with the majority of fans.

I'm a big fan of Rammstein, but if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't play a Rammstein song because I'd not expect the majority of fans to be familiar with their work.  I'm also a big fan of The Residents, but I wouldn't play any of their stuff unless I was hoping to clear the stadium.

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

The stadium announcer gig should be a couple of background tunes while you have a spraff to your mates or those around you, team line up, tunes, Hearts song.

MOTM, Full time scores.

Scott Wilson tried to make it about Scott Wilson, tried to make the gig more than it needed to be. "The Voice of Tynecastle" :rofl: Get tae ****- what does that even mean?

The boy today was fine- just turn the noise down a bit, I couldnt speak to the gadgie next to me without shouting.

Therein lies the problem, the music should be background noise, not some deafening industrial metal that drowns out everything, including you, the gadgie next to you and the announcer himself.  I'm not averse to deafening industrial metal music, but there's a time and a place for it.

As an aside, first time I've come across the term "gadgie" since I was one myself back in the 70s, made me chuckle 👍

I wonder what was the purpose of the very very loud muzack today? I found it so annoying that I left as soon as the game ended and did not stay to applaud the players and their kids. The muzack was so oppressively loud. Maybe that was the plan. Drive the fans out as soon as the game ends?

Armageddon
2 hours ago, TuckerCarlsonsToupee said:

I am delighted he has gone.  I am plunged into a dark depression at the news that someone else will take his place.  His, and every other stadium announcer's "banter" (God, I hate that word), is risible.  Introducing every half-time guest by adding a "y" or an "o" to the end of their name, playing an old "Shine..." compilation album to keep the bucket heads and Stone Island man-children happy.  No thank you.  I just need someone to hit play on the Hearts song before the team comes out.  No music.  No "today's attendance was".  No pitch side interviews.  You can all give thanks to whatever Gods you believe in that I am not in charge.

Hahaha you sound a great laugh 🤣

It was honking today. Volume cranked up so you could hardly hear folk speaking at half time. Choons were horrific. Season tickets no getting bought till this is addressed. 

joondalupjambo
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

While I might not agree with your specific examples, I agree with where you are coming from.  Seemed to me like he was a bit self indulgent, playing stuff he likes regardless of whether that would resonate with the majority of fans.

I'm a big fan of Rammstein, but if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't play a Rammstein song because I'd not expect the majority of fans to be familiar with their work.  I'm also a big fan of The Residents, but I wouldn't play any of their stuff unless I was hoping to clear the stadium.

I asked on the match thread what the Rammstein song was and it was quoted as Ich Will or possibly Du Hast.  What did you think it was?

I tend to agree with what you say, I think he was playing some stuff he likes but also think he may have been testing the water so we will see what happens next season if he survives the feedback, excuse the pun.  I am in my 60's but have to say I liked a lot of what he was playing albeit it was, in some cases different to the norm.   He seemed to like the techo beat.  The ACDC one just before kick off was very good.  On the whole though just all too loud and I appreciate not to everyone's taste.

If the new bloke's aim was to prevent people from hearing themselves think, ruin the matchday experience, and empty the stadium, then that was a good effort but he really should up his game.

Bleedin' amateur!!!

A full album of Pinski Zoo would do the trick.

leith_dude

I agree the music was honking yesterday.  I was in about 45 minutes before kick off and it was all pretty awful dance stuff I didn't recognise. 

9 hours ago, Musemic said:

Yeah play sweet Caroline against Rangers 😂

who actually cares what music is played before the match it’s no a gig or a festival. 

9 hours ago, been here before said:

MOTM, Full time scores.

Agree with this

8 hours ago, twjambo said:

I wonder what was the purpose of the very very loud muzack today? I found it so annoying that I left as soon as the game ended and did not stay to applaud the players and their kids. The muzack was so oppressively loud. Maybe that was the plan. Drive the fans out as soon as the game ends?

I thought I was just getting auld when I moaned how loud the music was...And that was before the game...

Italian Lambretta

The Tannoy was far too loud yesterday. If he was trying to endear himself to the Hearts faithful he failed miserably.

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

If the new bloke's aim was to prevent people from hearing themselves think, ruin the matchday experience, and empty the stadium, then that was a good effort but he really should up his game.

Bleedin' amateur!!!

A full album of Pinski Zoo would do the trick.

Bloody hell. Is that a recording of a piano falling down a flight of stairs? 

Does the playlist ever get published anywhere?

I'd want to see if before giving the definitive opinion on whether it was rubbish or not.

Football has a funny relationship with music. Saw a recent interview Gary Neville did with Steven Gerrard and burst out laughing when asked what his favourite band was and Gerrard replied "I think it would have to be Coldplay".

Compare that to Pat Nevin who in his autobiography that I'm currently reading had it written into an actual contract at Chelsea that he could leave a pre season friendly at half time so he could go and see New Order.

Anyway, I'm completely digressing, what were the tunes?

5 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Bloody hell. Is that a recording of a piano falling down a flight of stairs? 

Not just the piano! I think the entire band took a tumble. Saw them live at The Queen's Hall. Guaranteed earache. 😃

It was Mark Martin. He left Forth One to work for Hearts full time about 3yrs ago. I’m guessing he just covered till a new guy starts next season but not itk 🤣

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah play sweet Caroline against Rangers 😂

who actually cares what music is played before the match it’s no a gig or a festival. 

I hate the way certain songs get hijacked by clubs fans. 

I like Sweet Caroline, Penny Arcade, Simply the best but detest the ****ing Rangers. 

I realise I'm an auld git but that was awful today. Don't know about the rest of the Stadium but the Main stand was deafening and conversation impossible. 

Will be staying downstairs until the last minute before KO if this is to be the way of things. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Does the playlist ever get published anywhere?

I'd want to see if before giving the definitive opinion on whether it was rubbish or not.

Football has a funny relationship with music. Saw a recent interview Gary Neville did with Steven Gerrard and burst out laughing when asked what his favourite band was and Gerrard replied "I think it would have to be Coldplay".

Compare that to Pat Nevin who in his autobiography that I'm currently reading had it written into an actual contract at Chelsea that he could leave a pre season friendly at half time so he could go and see New Order.

Anyway, I'm completely digressing, what were the tunes?

Feckin racket

My ears are bursting 

Cannae hear masel think

I have a headache😫

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Feckin racket

My ears are bursting 

Cannae hear masel think

I have a headache😫

And posters on the lap of honour thread are wondering why the stadium emptied so rapidly.

Scott Wilson, like John Robertson is a one off, and like Robbo will almost be impossible to replace I’m afraid

i predict next season we will have countless comments and complaints about the new guy.

why not poach the guy graham Easton from Hampden, a Hearts fan and a local lad was at Tynecastle School I believe, 

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I hate the way certain songs get hijacked by clubs fans. 

I like Sweet Caroline, Penny Arcade, Simply the best but detest the ****ing Rangers. 

I realise I'm an auld git but that was awful today. Don't know about the rest of the Stadium but the Main stand was deafening and conversation impossible. 

Will be staying downstairs until the last minute before KO if this is to be the way of things. 

If there’s one thing the old firm get right it’s playing up to their fans. Those songs you mention have clearly been adopted and adapted by the Rangers and not for the best but that’s what their fans want in their own stadium and that’s what they get. Celtic are the same with the pish they play.

Ford Prentice
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The Tannoy was far too loud yesterday. If he was trying to endear himself to the Hearts faithful he failed miserably.

Think he was just trying to drown out the Rangers choirboys. Better if we just banned drums - theirs did my head in. 

adambraejambo

At around about 11.50 he said doner kebab pies are available at the kiosks . He also named other pies you could get and said why not get one for your breakfast. Was like something out of Phoenix Nights. Was just a little cringey. As for music it was OK and something different but he was never going to pump up the crowd for a meaningless game. 

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Think he was just trying to drown out the Rangers choirboys. Better if we just banned drums - theirs did my head in. 

I was in 30 minutes before ko and the sevco fans didn't bang their drum until just before ko. The tannoy was way too loud and a lot of fans in main stand thought the same. 

Once the game started the fevking drum was way too loud as well🙄

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What was the AC/DC song before kick off? 

If you mean the start of the second half I think it was Thunderstruck.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, stirlo said:

If you mean the start of the second half I think it was Thunderstruck.

Ah, I wasn't there and thought they meant first half. Thunderstruck is a tremendous tune to come on to. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah, I wasn't there and thought they meant first half. Thunderstruck is a tremendous tune to come on to. 

Agreed - unfortunately it was about the only decent tune yesterday IMO. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, stirlo said:

Agreed - unfortunately it was about the only decent tune yesterday IMO. 

Oh dear. Probably as well I'm not in charge of the playlist as it would be entirely hard rock/classic rock based. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh dear. Probably as well I'm not in charge of the playlist as it would be entirely hard rock/classic rock based. 

You would get my vote in that case! The thing is though, whatever musical tastes any of us have the playlist yesterday was on any analysis very monotonous. It was basically non-stop dance music turned up full volume. I really hope it's not a sign of things to come. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

You would get my vote in that case! The thing is though, whatever musical tastes any of us have the playlist yesterday was on any analysis very monotonous. It was basically non-stop dance music turned up full volume. I really hope it's not a sign of things to come. 

That stuff is utter pish imo. 

Wouldn't mind if we dropped the Stadium announcer job down to announcing, teams scorers substitutions etc. 

If they must play music play Hearts/sports related stuff. 

The people attending football are a wide age range with massively varying tastes in music so no point in trying to please everyone. 

The only thing we have in common is we all love Hearts. 

This should be reflected in pre match /half time /end of game programme. 

Whatever they choose to do try not to deafen people or waken the dead. 😏

• 4 weeks later...
Randy Marsh
22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Any update regarding his replacement?

Yes.  Gary Locke is the new replacement.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes.  Gary Locke is the new replacement.

:berra: Would need a translator too 😂

been here before
53 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He’s not exactly the most articulate 

In what way?

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

In what way?

Surely you know how this game is played.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

In what way?

He's from Bonnyrigg for a start.

been here before
7 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Surely you know how this game is played.

Im just curious how someone from Hamilton who cant appear to spell the word 'for' can decide to sit in judgement on how someone isnt "the most articulate".

Noel Coward fae Hamul'un perhaps.

Edited by been here before

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im just curious how someone from Hamilton who cant appear to spell the word 'for' can decide to sit in judgement on how someone isnt "the most articulate".

Noel Coward fae Hamul'un perhaps.

I mean it would be a good question to ask if the poster in question wasn't JiH. Hasn't asked/answered a serious question in the entirety of their time on here.

A family member was at one of the cup final hospitality hosted by Hearts and Scott Wilson. 

SW made it clear to my brother in law that it was not his decision to go and it was FOH wanting a freshen up etc 

Only passing on what BIL said 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

A family member was at one of the cup final hospitality hosted by Hearts and Scott Wilson. 

SW made it clear to my brother in law that it was not his decision to go and it was FOH wanting a freshen up etc 

Why would FOH give a shit who reads out the half time scores? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

What a strange post.