Scott Wilson retiring

DB-14

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

Depends where the seats are and of course having to listen to Scott Wilson.

Doesn't say where the seats are but I'd imagine South Stand. Surely we wouldn't stick Scott Wilson behind the goals to save a tenner a head😀

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

• SecN

Are the timings on the attachment correct?

Leave Tynecastle at 10.30am so should get in there and have everyone seated by say half eleven / midday.

Then leave for the game at 1.15pm?

I love hospitality days but this seems a bit tight time wise considering its £168.00 for say an hour and a half and doesn't include a free bar.

Not looking to be critical in any way, just wondered if all the information was correct as I would definitely consider the hospitality.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, tamanov said:

Are the timings on the attachment correct?

Leave Tynecastle at 10.30am so should get in there and have everyone seated by say half eleven / midday.

Then leave for the game at 1.15pm?

I love hospitality days but this seems a bit tight time wise considering its £168.00 for say an hour and a half and doesn't include a free bar.

Not looking to be critical in any way, just wondered if all the information was correct as I would definitely consider the hospitality.

At least 2 hours eating/drinking it would seem  

Nice touch by the players to do a guard of honour for him after the match, instigated by Craig Gordon obviously. 

Unknown user
On 22/03/2022 at 17:18, davemclaren said:

I hear Mrs Budge is taking the role now she is less hands on in running the club. 

I hear it's her brother

He’s going to be a big miss. He feels like part of the furniture at tynecastle. 

It was really nice of him today playing one of my old bands tunes today before the game. I used to be big into my music from about 15 till my late twenties. Back when I was 16 his legendary brother Tom played a couple of my dance tunes on Stepping Out which was huge for me and gave me confidence in myself which I sometimes lacked. I ended up starting a rock band in my twenties called Range Eleven. We did alright and supported deacon blue at Perth city hall being the standout. I gave all that up about twenty years ago. Thanks to Scott today playing one of those old Range Eleven songs and I can now say we played at tynecastle which is pretty cool. Took this 46 year old back to his youth  and my dad who also managed us got a lovely surprise hearing it! 

Im really grateful for the amazing Wilson brothers who have given me two massive personal highlights in my life. Generous with giving me some of their time. Thank you.

All the best to Scott for the future and he’s leaving some big shoes to fill. 👍🇱🇻

1 hour ago, bn jambo said:

Nice touch by the players to do a guard of honour for him after the match, instigated by Craig Gordon obviously. 

Great touch

On 26/02/2022 at 18:18, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope a women replaces him for the reaction by some on here. 

It would be epic. 

Not the lass from Murrayfield tho, she's too screechy. 

Hope I get the job. I'm not screechy, but I do swear at games.  So maybe not  😁

3 hours ago, bn jambo said:

Yes it was a nice touch. And well deserved, he is the best in the business.

On 27/04/2022 at 08:46, been here before said:

Depends where the seats are and of course having to listen to Scott Wilson.

Great to hear the whole stadium applauding Scott today don’t you think?

been here before
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Great to hear the whole stadium applauding Scott today don’t you think?

Why would I give a **** about people applauding Scott Wilson?

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why would I give a **** about people applauding Scott Wilson?

Sorry I thought you were his biggest fan 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

It was really nice of him today playing one of my old bands tunes today before the game. I used to be big into my music from about 15 till my late twenties. Back when I was 16 his legendary brother Tom played a couple of my dance tunes on Stepping Out which was huge for me and gave me confidence in myself which I sometimes lacked. I ended up starting a rock band in my twenties called Range Eleven. We did alright and supported deacon blue at Perth city hall being the standout. I gave all that up about twenty years ago. Thanks to Scott today playing one of those old Range Eleven songs and I can now say we played at tynecastle which is pretty cool. Took this 46 year old back to his youth  and my dad who also managed us got a lovely surprise hearing it! 

Im really grateful for the amazing Wilson brothers who have given me two massive personal highlights in my life. Generous with giving me some of their time. Thank you.

All the best to Scott for the future and he’s leaving some big shoes to fill. 👍🇱🇻

What were the dance tunes from that era?

7 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

It won't hit home till next season, the voice of Tynecastle.  Pretty sure he will never be replaced.

Great guy and a true Jambo is our Scott!

John Findlay

I hope you enjoyed your send off today Scott. Craig Gordon getting you on the pitch at the end, then the team forming a guard of honour for you, was the icing on the cake. I could see the tears in your eyes. 

thegreatsd
10 hours ago, SecN said:

What were the dance tunes from that era?

The band name was neutral status and the tunes he played were Welcome and …. Jeeeez, I can’t remember what the other one was. It was probably about 30 years ago and the old memory is not what it used to be! It was more of a one-off so I would be stunned if anyone remembered the tunes. 
Stepping out was brilliant back in the day👍

thegreatsd
5 minutes ago, SecN said:

Do these tunes still exist anywhere?

I think I might have some of them on a cassette somewhere at my folks house. Not sure but will check next time I’m there. If memory serves correctly I made the tunes using a program on an Amiga called pro tracker. I then recorded them on to a DAT tape at my friends dads recording studio. I never got that tape back after sending it in to radio fourth. 
Certainly had them on various normal cassettes though. Sounding old talking about this! Haha. 

JimmyCant
On 30/04/2022 at 19:00, thegreatsd said:

There are half a dozen Range Eleven tracks on Spotify un case you didn’t know. Nice Scottish Rock band sound typical of that era

thegreatsd
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There are half a dozen Range Eleven tracks on Spotify un case you didn’t know. Nice Scottish Rock band sound typical of that era

Thanks mate. They were good fun days. The lead singer who I’ve not spoken to for many years is a big hearts man too. He lives down south now and got a nice surprise when i sent him the video from Saturday of one of our songs playing at tynie. Thanks to Scott we can now say we played at Tynecastle! 

2 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

I think I might have some of them on a cassette somewhere at my folks house. Not sure but will check next time I’m there. If memory serves correctly I made the tunes using a program on an Amiga called pro tracker. I then recorded them on to a DAT tape at my friends dads recording studio. I never got that tape back after sending it in to radio fourth. 
Certainly had them on various normal cassettes though. Sounding old talking about this! Haha. 

Let me know if you locate them. I’m interested in this sort of stuff.  👍

• 2 weeks later...
Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wasn’t a fan of todays play list. To heavy for my liking. 

A couple of good ones for me at half time, Rammstein and AC/DC.  Pre game thought it was shite though.  But difficult to cater for everyone’s tastes.  

Devorgilla

Hard to hear the announcer talking when there is music playing as well.  Why do that?

Too loud for me at halftime in the Georgie stand, couldn’t hear myself think!

gordiegords

music was awful today especially pre match,holy hell, piercing my ears, maybe im just getting auld.

Boyces beard

Tunes where very loud and when the new guy is talking he should lower the volume on the music, it was hard to make out what he was saying.

TuckerCarlsonsToupee

I am delighted he has gone.  I am plunged into a dark depression at the news that someone else will take his place.  His, and every other stadium announcer's "banter" (God, I hate that word), is risible.  Introducing every half-time guest by adding a "y" or an "o" to the end of their name, playing an old "Shine..." compilation album to keep the bucket heads and Stone Island man-children happy.  No thank you.  I just need someone to hit play on the Hearts song before the team comes out.  No music.  No "today's attendance was".  No pitch side interviews.  You can all give thanks to whatever Gods you believe in that I am not in charge.

thegreatsd
28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A couple of good ones for me at half time, Rammstein and AC/DC.  Pre game thought it was shite though.  But difficult to cater for everyone’s tastes.  

What was the name of Rammstein song? Sounds like a  decent one to add to my running playlist! 

36 minutes ago, SecN said:

Who got the new job?  Some good tunes played today as well. 

Hopefully as the wee team crash and burn we get regular pan pipe music at half time from the replacement.

2 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

What was the name of Rammstein song? Sounds like a  decent one to add to my running playlist! 

Ich Will?

gordiegords
10 minutes ago, SecN said:

Ich Will?

its was Ich Will but but was it just me or was there no lyrics? same with AC/DC, either that or the tune was in stereo and the wheatfield stand only got one side.

3 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

its was Ich Will but but was it just me or was there no lyrics? same with AC/DC, either that or the tune was in stereo and the wheatfield stand only got one side.

They were definetly instrumental versions. 

16 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Tunes where very loud and when the new guy is talking he should lower the volume on the music, it was hard to make out what he was saying.

I agree.  Also, as much of a Rammstein fan as I am, I don't think it's something that's going to resonate with the majority of supporters.  He also seems to be a fan of 90s rave music, which I'm not at all averse to, but again might not have mass appeal.  

The 90s rave track was possibly an ode to Tom Wilson as it was his tune. It was likely a more modern version of it though. 

The other one I heard that could possibly have been labelled as ’rave’ was Swedish House Mafia. 

tynietigers

It was Mark Martin that was in charge of Gorgie and Stadium announcer 👍🏻 He is different but give the boy a chance and you can actually give feedback directly to  Hearts 😉

49 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Talk about loud I said TALK ABOUT LOUD 

Music today was not my cup of tea and hope it's not a sign of things to come. It was all very similar apart from perhaps ACDC.