Scott Wilson retiring

DB-14

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

The spiritual father of Jambos Kickback as well!!

He is indeed. I remember him emailing me details to log on when I joined.  

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

• SecN

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that’s right. 

Was it him that always played the mashup of music around 10 mins before kick off? Republica and Chumbawamba iirc. 

Am I making this up or does anyone else remember this? 

Just now, DS98 said:

Was it him that always played the mashup of music around 10 mins before kick off? Republica and Chumbawamba iirc. 

I don’t remember that. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Yes, I remember it

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Got to be Lockie taking over it’s about the only job he’s had at the club 😂

As long as we had someone to translate into English.

1 minute ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

As long as we had someone to translate into English.

Pretty sure we’d all understand get in tae this shite Hearts just before kick off. Not sure how coherent he’d be if we scored against Hibs mind you!

38 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Used to hate walking out of the school end terracing listening to " thank you  for being a friend"

Ha ha. That's the one I remembered when I was trying to think of the announcer before Scott. 😂😂

Scott will be a big miss as the announcer but good he's staying to do the hospitality stuff. It always seems weird when someone else fills in for him as announcer! 

53 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yes it was. That would have been the 1997/98 season.

south morocco
53 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Used to hate walking out of the school end terracing listening to " thank you  for being a friend"

Remember that too!

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

cheers. Doesn’t seem like 25 years ago!

Scary isn't it. He maybe played it in seasons that followed but it certainly started then.

That Chumbawumba song was one that got everyone up and singing at the time - probably why I hated it. 😆

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge has asked Levein to do it 🤦🏽😆

and if he's sh1te at it, she'll still find a way to keep him employed at the club.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Yoda said:

and if he's sh1te at it, she'll still find a way to keep him employed at the club.

Pizza chef needs a hand 😆

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

I’m ready to go! Good tunes getting you ready for the game. Also post match levellers 

My half sister

My son commented on the way out of Tynie  in the cup game that the guy on that day played better music, he’s 32 and likes ‘thumping’ stuff. 
I’m sure Scott appeals to us older types but it’s like when you realise Radio 1 is no longer for you, it’s time for him to pass on the baton, 

it will mean he will be able to concentrate more on the Gorgie Suite rather than running back and forth, and I’m sure he will enjoy that more too. 
The man is a Hearts legend and thanks for all you have done for our club.

Sad to hear this. He is so much a part of the match day experience. Love his choice of music (my era) which other ground would you hear the Buzzcocks ? Coined some cracking phrases like “ heart and soul” “let’s make some noise” “ the wee team”. Like others have said he is brilliant at events with fans and players alike. 
I remember being in Edinburgh bicycle shop and heard his voice from the other end of the shop. It is unmistakeable. I think people will only realise how good he is when he goes. However, can see why people would like a change. Especially youngsters. Good to hear that he will still be around the club. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu

The best in Scotland and growing up as a fan over the past 20 years his voice becomes part of your match-day experience. Going out at the top, a brilliant shift by him 👏

8 hours ago, Rudolf said:

He's still doing the Gorgie suite hospitality which is the main thing.👌

I'm very pleased to hear that

Wish him all the best but I have been wanting change for a while. I hope we get the right voice and enthusiasm in to replace. Can't be worse than the screechy woman at Murrayfield

:facepalm:

btw am I imagining it or do I recall Ewan Cameron being MC at Tynecastle?

The Bannon Flick

Glad he is staying on in the Gorgie Suite as he’s brilliant at it.

I’ve always found the ‘wee team’ patter very cringy though - I’ll no doubt be slated for that.

13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully a new catch phrase. ‘Make some noise’ a bit played out when you’ve heard it so much. Good guy though, comes over well in interviews and a good voice for a stadium announcer. 

Yep. It's the perfect opportunity to bin that ironic precursor to silence. 

Also, the music at the Livingston match – without Scott – was absolutely horrendous and inappropriate for the occasion and I mean that sincerely. At times it was like being in some sort of crappy rave.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, DS98 said:

Yip. 

10 hours ago, escobri said:

Good, hopefully New York New York back on the play list.

I'd forgotten about that. But yes, IIRC we went on a decent run of being unbeaten when they played New York New York before the game!

10 hours ago, escobri said:

Good, hopefully New York New York back on the play list.

Or maybe go back in time and play Little Arrows by Leapy Lea. Used to be  played regularly in days of yore. Old enough to remember the brass band at the corner of the main stand at the McLeod Street End in the 50s 

1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

Yep. It's the perfect opportunity to bin that ironic precursor to silence. 

Also, the music at the Livingston match – without Scott – was absolutely horrendous and inappropriate for the occasion and I mean that sincerely. At times it was like being in some sort of crappy rave.

😂 at first sentence. Often true.

if the new guy wants to get me on side he’ll do well to consider more Bay City Rollers, 80s ska music and some old style reggae. 

12 hours ago, DS98 said:

Yegh, did it not start with Queen 'we will rock you' then move into a mash up of tunes you mentioned. 

Bungalow Bill
15 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Mark Mckenzie I think it was. Such a long time ago now

I remember being gutted when Mark McKenzie stopped doing it, was the only voice I knew at Tynecastle. 

13 hours ago, DS98 said:

Don't remember that but I do remember an awful dance version of Hearts songs that used to get played.

Dede dede de de de de de de (here we go again)...

To the tune of Hello Hello.

16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

A year older than me. I took over from him as school goalie when he moved upto secondary. I wonder if I could takeover as stadium announcer🤣🤣

16 hours ago, kila said:

What's your playlists like John?

57 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Don't remember that but I do remember an awful dance version of Hearts songs that used to get played.

Dede dede de de de de de de (here we go again)...

To the tune of Hello Hello.

That tune was courtesy of Scott's brother, the late (and great) Tom.