• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

• SecN

Hardly retiring 😂 just stepping down from being the stadium announcer, Which I couldn’t really care less who picks the music and announces the subs.

Craig Herbertson

Scott is the complete professional. Can't underestimate his ability to raise the atmosphere. Will be missed on the day.

Iconic voice, and has been for all the years I've been going to matches at Tynecastle. 

It won't quite be the same, and it'll take some time for the new guy to "sound right", but I'm sure they will eventually. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

The voice of Heart of Midlothian, great personality, make some noise 

Who would want to take over the microphone from him it will be like taking to the stage after Frank Sinnatra 

Fantastic voice of Tynecastle and will be a very hard act to follow. Best in the business. Seen him quite a few times in hospitality and other events and he doesn't 'miss' when interviewing anyone especially the players. Sad to see him leave his job as presenter on match days but delighted he's staying on in the Gorgie suite hospitality.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thank ****.

Ok I'll bite. Why?

Ok I got it I think. Because he wanted to make the best of Murrayfied if it happened?

Edited by Francis Albert

A year older than me. I took over from him as school goalie when he moved upto secondary. I wonder if I could takeover as stadium announcer🤣🤣

been here before
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ok I'll bite. Why?

Ok I got it I think. Because he wanted to make the best of Murrayfied if it happened?

Reading far too much into it.

I just find his patter absolute shite.

gorgie rd eh11

He's been good, but it's time for a change. We need to appeal to a younger audience, something we've not been good at for a long time. Scott moving is the right thing, hopefully his replacement is as good for Hearts as Scott was.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Fair enough. He can't please all the people.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A year older than me. I took over from him as school goalie when he moved upto secondary. I wonder if I could takeover as stadium announcer🤣🤣

What's your playlists like John?

Hopefully a new catch phrase. ‘Make some noise’ a bit played out when you’ve heard it so much. Good guy though, comes over well in interviews and a good voice for a stadium announcer. 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Slightly different jobs but who knows ?

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

He's been good, but it's time for a change. We need to appeal to a younger audience, something we've not been good at for a long time. Scott moving is the right thing, hopefully his replacement is as good for Hearts as Scott was.

Does that mean the tannoy's going to be even louder ? 

That feckin music is unbearably loud. 

No wonder the stadiums empty until about three minutes to kick off. 

Impossible to hold a conversation over that noise. 

Wouldn't be so bad if they gave us a medley of Hearts songs prior to Kick off. 

It's a football stadium not a rave venue. 

Well whoever it is needs to at least be able to do the basics and play the hearts song before the teams comes out. Mark Martin? Managed not to do that at the Livi Cup game!! 

gorgie rd eh11
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Does that mean the tannoy's going to be even louder ? 

That feckin music is unbearably loud. 

No wonder the stadiums empty until about three minutes to kick off. 

Impossible to hold a conversation over that noise. 

Wouldn't be so bad if they gave us a medley of Hearts songs prior to Kick off. 

It's a football stadium not a rave venue. 

If the stadium is empty till three minutes before kick off then surely it's time for a change?

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The voice of Heart of Midlothian, great personality, make some noise 

Who would want to take over the microphone from him it will be like taking to the stage after Frank Sinnatra 

The spiritual father of Jambos Kickback as well!!

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Hopefully the next guy plays better tunes tbh.

😀 I like his tunes. A decent mix of alternative stuff rather than the pop pap you get elsewhere 

I don’t know if anybody knows this but it was his idea for the pyrotechnics when Phil Anderton was at Hearts 👍🏻

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Oh the irony! 

Gutted to hear this. Scott Wilson is without doubt the best stadium announcer in the country and he adds a bit of comedy to it too. I go to a lot of away games and most MCs play pop chart music which is mainly garbage (IMO), whereas Scott mixes it up with older songs. If you go to an OF ground, particularly Celtic Park, the music is almost completely dominated by their own songs to the point where it seems like propaganda. Glad he's still doing the Gorgie Suite though.

1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

Well whoever it is needs to at least be able to do the basics and play the hearts song before the teams comes out. Mark Martin? Managed not to do that at the Livi Cup game!! 

I noticed that too - as well as the fact that the music was really poor. I generally like Scott's choice of music and my fear is that whoever comes next won't have the same fine taste. All in all Scott is excellent at his job IMO and will be a very hard act to follow.

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

It's easy to take him for granted until you go to an away ground and hear some of the rank amateurs elsewhere

Correct

Every other announcer in the country sounds exactly the same to me, sitting in the old main stand listening to Scott is imprinted in my brain and will always associate him with some fantastic memories. 

Boogie in the morning to take his place?