• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• King prawn

• Hearts007

39 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Ever the optimist, we have to turn the corner at some point so tomorrow would be a great time to do it. Robbie to come up with a masterplan, the players to screw the nut and execute the masterplan and  win 3-1. Our nearest rivals all to drop points. Scotland to beat France st the rugby and Putin to pull the troops out of Ukraine.

Robbies team gel and get the result 👍 Putin might screw the nut and pull🤞🏻But Scotland beating France ? What planet are you getting your optimism from after watching v the Welsh ?👎🏻

On the assumption that Smith is still injured (otherwise I'd put him in at RB):

Gordon

Atkinson Souttar Halks Kingsley

Cammy     Beni

McKay        McEneff       Halliday

Boyce 

McKay in a free role operating on both sides, Halliday dropping back when needed, McEneff in the hole. Simms to come on in the 2nd half when they're tiring. 

Easy peasy. 

I hadn't appreciated what a make or break week we have ahead of us.  Three difficult league games, 2 away from home.

The good news is win them all and we're laughing.  A big improvement needed to achieve that.

lost in space
14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hadn't appreciated what a make or break week we have ahead of us.  Three difficult league games, 2 away from home.

The good news is win them all and we're laughing.  A big improvement needed to achieve that.

Thankfully, we don't need to win them all. 5 out of 9 would be excellent. Doubt that any below us will get more than 6 in their next 3 games.

35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gordon

Cammy     Beni

Boyce 

McKay in a free role operating on both sides, Halliday dropping back when needed, McEneff in the hole. Simms to come on in the 2nd half when they're tiring. 

Easy peasy. 

What a dreadful team selection 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

eyes-peeking.gif

I can see another game like this unfortunately. I just don’t think we’ve got the minerals tbh. 

Nope have to agree cannot see any but a defeat here. 

Gordon 

Aitkinson souttar Kingsley Cochrane 

Beni Haring 

Mackay Woodburn GMS 

Simms 

40 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not one for counting chickens before they hatch, but this is an entirely plausible scenario just for this weekend:

Aberdeen def. United

Celtic def. Hibs

Rangers def. Motherwell

If that happens, and we manage a win, the gap from us to the rest is suddenly 12 points with 10 games remaining, which is quite simply a massive task for anyone else to overcome.

If, on the other hand, one of those win and we lose, the gap is down to 6 and the race for third gets very hot all of the sudden.

19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Not one for counting chickens before they hatch, but this is an entirely plausible scenario just for this weekend:

Aberdeen def. United

Celtic def. Hibs

Rangers def. Motherwell

If that happens, and we manage a win, the gap from us to the rest is suddenly 12 points with 10 games remaining, which is quite simply a massive task for anyone else to overcome.

If, on the other hand, one of those win and we lose, the gap is down to 6 and the race for third gets very hot all of the sudden.

Massive week coming up. Two wins out of 3 with other favourable results ought to put any doubt to bed 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

More likely than 5-0 Hearts I would suggest ?

Defo, we're shite and St Mirren are an unstoppable juggernaut. 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson                     Cochrane 

Devlin       Beni 

McKay

Simms       Boyce

3 hours ago, 1953 said:

Ever the optimist, we have to turn the corner at some point so tomorrow would be a great time to do it. Robbie to come up with a masterplan, the players to screw the nut and execute the masterplan and  win 3-1. Our nearest rivals all to drop points. Scotland to beat France st the rugby and Putin to pull the troops out of Ukraine.

And josh Taylor to win by knockout. 

St. Mirren have only lost one in their last 11, and that was to Rangers (and not an embarrassing defeat at that). Included in those 11 is a draw with Celtic. They also have a new manager which can always bring its own bounce with players looking to impress. I genuinely think we’ll be lucky to get a draw on current form.

Other than rousing words in an article this week and a decent performance against non league opposition in the cup over a month ago, can someone explain to me why Halliday is being shown in so many predicted line-ups? Is it what you expect to be picked or want to be picked?

31 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Hearts win, everyone in the direct 5 positions below us to drop points. Gap restored to 11 points. 

that would be very pleasing. Hope your right 👍

We_are_the_Hearts
8 hours ago, smiler said:

Grim.

8892BD21-5FE4-4A45-9BBA-F9B8D5C3AA71.jpeg

Sandwiched between Aberdeen and Dundee who sacked their manager for the pish form. Worse form than Hibs and Shaun Maloney who lost Boyle and have had quite a few missing through injury! Sort it out Neilson or do the honourable thing!! The form is terrible and the football makes yer eyes bleed. 

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Other than rousing words in an article this week and a decent performance against non league opposition in the cup over a month ago, can someone explain to me why Halliday is being shown in so many predicted line-ups? Is it what you expect to be picked or want to be picked?

Not a fan of the rangers huddy but after recent performances,  he deserves to start imho. 

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

that would be very pleasing. Hope your right 👍

Not out width the realms of possibility looking at the fixtures. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He's just as good or better than Cochrane. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bainy said:

More tinkering and a defeat is what I'm expecting today. 

Most on here are advocating he tinkers ( changes) things. 

Surley you are not suggesting we don't bring back guys like Smith, Gordon, Halkett and Boyce back into the squad if fit? 

Are you suggesting we leave them out so there is no tinkering? 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gordon

Cammy     Beni

Boyce 

Easy peasy. 

Just been listening to TIMS 😳 (This Is My Story)... and Corbett came out with an interesting stat. Apparently we've made 133 substitutions this season - that have only produced 3 goals. The scorers? Jamie Walker (no longer here) and Aaron McEneff (cannae get a game). Not checked myself, but I can't think of anyone else scoring from off the bench.

I'd like to see him get a run of a few games... but this formation is about the only one that would really suit him... and I can't see RN changing it.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

9 hours ago, smiler said:

Grim.

8892BD21-5FE4-4A45-9BBA-F9B8D5C3AA71.jpeg

Grim reading indeed. Only saving grace being that we had/have a bit of a cushion... this 'blip' needs sorted quick though. Today will be tough.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just been listening to TIMS 😳 (This Is My Story)... and Corbett came out with an interesting stat. Apparently we've made 133 substitutions this season - that have only produced 3 goals. The scorers? Jamie Walker (no longer here) and Aaron McEneff (cannae get a game). Not checked myself, but I can't think of anyone else scoring from off the bench.

That is interesting but to give context it would be interesting to know the other teams figures. 

Is that at the bottom, top, average? 

These types of stats are meaningless unless put into context.

14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'd like to see him get a run of a few games... but this formation is about the only one that would really suit him... and I can't see RN changing it.

Gnando united away I think 

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Is tomorrow the day mckay scores? 

I better check the st mirren squad to see if they have a McKay 😁

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is interesting but to give context it would be interesting to know the other teams figures. 

Is that at the bottom, top, average? 

These types of stats are meaningless unless put into context.

I was referring more to McEneffs inclusion on Batistutas post... but 133 substitutions - 3 goals - don't really need to look at other stats to know that's not great (although I take your point)... especially when most of our substitutions of late, have been wingers/attacking players - and chasing a game.

Not sure where that stats came from, I just heard it earlier on a podcast.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I was referring more to McEneffs inclusion on Batistutas post... but 133 substitutions - 3 goals - don't really need to look at other stats to know that's not great (although I take your point)... especially when most of our substitutions of late, have been wingers/attacking players - and chasing a game.

Not sure where that stats came from, I just heard it earlier on a podcast.

My point was that 3 goals from subs could be good, average or poor. 

Add in Gnando and it's 4.

That's over 10% of our goals. 

Do other clubs have a better goals to sub ratio? 

If so it could be poor, if not then it maybe isn't. 

Have the subs scored important goals? 

It really is a useless stat on it's own. It needs far more context to draw a conclusion to whether it's poor or not. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Most on here are advocating he tinkers ( changes) things. 

Surley you are not suggesting we don't bring back guys like Smith, Gordon, Halkett and Boyce back into the squad if fit? 

Are you suggesting we leave them out so there is no tinkering? 

He tinkers all the time. Let's see what the team sheet brings 😏 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bainy said:

What manager plays the same team every week? 

Why would you play the same team that is in poor form and missing key players. 

3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

If he tinkers today and we win, nothing will be said .

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Sandwiched between Aberdeen and Dundee who sacked their manager for the pish form. Worse form than Hibs and Shaun Maloney who lost Boyle and have had quite a few missing through injury! Sort it out Neilson or do the honourable thing!! The form is terrible and the football makes yer eyes bleed. 

Definitely. Needs to sign that extended contract to give solidity to our management team and allow for long term planning, rather than chasing the quick fix our rivals have tried and failed with. 

👍🏻

St Mirren will win today due to the new manager effect.

We will pass it round with no attacking threat.

Robbie will blame the ref and anyone and everyone but himself and we all will be asking for his removal at 5pm on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

My point was that 3 goals from subs could be good, average or poor. 

Add in Gnando and it's 4.

That's over 10% of our goals. 

Do other clubs have a better goals to sub ratio? 

If so it could be poor, if not then it maybe isn't. 

Have the subs scored important goals? 

It really is a useless stat on it's own. It needs far more context to draw a conclusion to whether it's poor or not. 

I just found it interesting given that most of our subs are usually wingers/attack minded players... and that there's only one scorer (from the bench) that is currently still at the club and can't get a game.

...surely you would expect a better return form the players at our disposal? I would... then again, I just think we don't score enough goals.

We_are_the_Hearts
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Definitely. Needs to sign that extended contract to give solidity to our management team and allow for long term planning, rather than chasing the quick fix our rivals have tried and failed with. 

👍🏻

Yawn, trolling is boring. 

Jambof3tornado

We are mince away from home, I'll be surprised if we manage a point today, but I'd be delighted to get a surprise win.

The rut we are in is too big to get out of without leadership on the pitch, someone to lift us.