Wattie and The Exploited

EH11_2NL

I P Knightley

Back in the late '80s, a wee bam was up before the Sheriff in Kirkcaldy for putting graffiti on a roundabout.

The Sheriff, in all seriousness, asked the wee bam, "Tell me, do you feel exploited?"

Just now, I P Knightley said:

Back in the late '80s, a wee bam was up before the Sheriff in Kirkcaldy for putting graffiti on a roundabout.

The Sheriff, in all seriousness, asked the wee bam, "Tell me, do you feel exploited?"

🤣

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Seriously Norman ya bellend?

The guy on the right, is that Gary McCormack that was in the Acid House and Sweet Sixteen?

Салатные палочки

I remember reading a review on a Motorhead album in a Scottish punk fanzine back in the 90's. The reviewer said something along the lines of "aye they might be a metal band, but there still more punk than half the ^^^^s who claim to be these days". Suppose the same applies to The Exploited. 

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

The guy on the right, is that Gary McCormack that was in the Acid House and Sweet Sixteen?

Looks like it.

James Corden centre-right.

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

It is, bumped into him after he had been filming in Gangs of New York, used to foot my ladder when he was a painter.

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

It is, bumped into him after he had been filming in Gangs of New York, used to foot my ladder when he was a painter.

Always thought he would have made a better Begbie than Robert Carlyle. He was an absolute psycho in Acid House. 

Punks No Deid
12 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

I much prefer The Exploited to CRASS so I don't agree with Norman's opinion.

I do agree with EH11_2NL, Norman is a helmet.

I like the early Exploited stuff and also the newer (ahem 2003), of course it's 

gonna change/develop over the years. Still punk tho IMO

I love the Exploited. My brother is skinhead and got me into them at a very early age. I Hate Cop Cars was the first tune I heard and I've been into them ever since.

I really don't care how people want to categorise music. The only opinion worth listening to is a close friend or your own ears.

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

:wattie:

7 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Big John, Goodbye Mr Mackenzie.

he played with them in gala just before covid. sat down to play as he`s not in the best of health.

14 minutes ago, tedarmy said:

he played with them in gala just before covid. sat down to play as he`s not in the best of health.

He has done for some time.  He has MS I believe but still plays well.

Saw them a couple of times in 2018/19.

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He has done for some time.  He has MS I believe but still plays well.

Saw them a couple of times in 2018/19.

aye, think you`re right.

they`re back in gala in june. don`t know if he`s still playing with them

13 hours ago, tedarmy said:

aye, think you`re right.

they`re back in gala in june. don`t know if he`s still playing with them

Sure he lives in Amsterdam now with his partner

On 23/02/2022 at 11:03, maroondevo52 said:

Never got a chance to talk to him myself, but he was good enough to come to my auntie's funeral. Good mates with Jock from GBH (her brother).

• 4 months later...

Me and my son are going to see them in Blackpool in August, my son loves them as much as me and has his Blue 17/18 away strip looked out to wear 😎 so keep your eye for a 15 year old Jambo Wattie!!

Some great bands playing and only about an hour away.

https://www.rebellionfestivals.com/

Edited by Dawnrazor

Watt-Zeefuik

There was a clip somewhere from just after we won the Championship of Wattie singing the Yellow Submarine song on stage. Classic.

21 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Me and my son are going to see them in Blackpool in August, my son loves them as much as me and has his Blue 17/18 away strip looked out to wear 😎 so keep your eye for a 15 year old Jambo Wattie!!

Some great bands playing and only about an hour away.

https://www.rebellionfestivals.com/

I am also going with my son (54/28). If you fancy meeting up to watch the derby before the Sunday gigs PM me nearer the time.

3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I am also going with my son (54/28). If you fancy meeting up to watch the derby before the Sunday gigs PM me nearer the time.

That's kind of you, were just sorting out what bands were going to see, during the day👍

• 2 weeks later...
wattie exploited
On 23/02/2022 at 12:37, Punks No Deid said:

I much prefer The Exploited to CRASS so I don't agree with Norman's opinion.

I do agree with EH11_2NL, Norman is a helmet.

I like the early Exploited stuff and also the newer (ahem 2003), of course it's 

gonna change/develop over the years. Still punk tho IMO

norman wisdom your name says it all you clown ! who gives a shit what you think 🤡!

wattie exploited
On 28/06/2022 at 21:40, indianajones said:

@wattie exploited how much trouble did you get in for this stage invasion 😅

they were not to bad about it lol !!!!!!

it was funny watching the security guys trying to stop them getting on stage !!!!!!!

We  headlined the Warzone stage to  20,000 people  it was rammed !!!!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited
On 24/02/2022 at 11:11, Locky said:

Never got a chance to talk to him myself, but he was good enough to come to my auntie's funeral. Good mates with Jock from GBH (her brother).

he is not good mates with jock what so ever !

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is not good mates with jock what so ever !

Not sure the connection then, but he was definitely at my Auntie's funeral and Jock seemed happy enough to have him there.

wattie exploited
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not sure the connection then, but he was definitely at my Auntie's funeral and Jock seemed happy enough to have him there.

i seen jock last week in France when we played Hell Fest in France ,Jock is a great guy  !

this was the stage invasion its spot the band !!!!!!! 20,000 people we headlined to !!!!!!

this is stage invasion at hell fest

Edited by wattie exploited

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

i seen jock last week in France when we played Hell Fest in France ,Jock is a great guy  !

this was the stage invasion its spot the band !!!!!!! 20,000 people we headlined to !!!!!!

this is stage invasion at hell fest

He sure is a good lad Wattie. Great to see him still touring. :thumbsup: 

Punks No Deid
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

norman wisdom your name says it all you clown ! who gives a shit what you think 🤡!

I was backing The Exploited Wattie - It was Norman Wisdom who was having a dig 

wattie exploited
17 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

I was backing The Exploited Wattie - It was Norman Wisdom who was having a dig 

yeah i know mate the dig was at norman wisdom mate total fannie !  his name says it all clown !!!!

Edited by wattie exploited

wattie exploited
On 22/02/2022 at 23:51, EH11_2NL said:

your right he is a total bell end talking out his arse he knows **** all about music for sure so he is best left on ignore !!!!!!

Punks No Deid
2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

yeah i know mate the dig was at norman wisdom mate total fannie !  his name says it all clown !!!!

👍 🇱🇻

wattie exploited
On 23/02/2022 at 10:45, Salad Fingers said:

I remember reading a review on a Motorhead album in a Scottish punk fanzine back in the 90's. The reviewer said something along the lines of "aye they might be a metal band, but there still more punk than half the ^^^^s who claim to be these days". Suppose the same applies to The Exploited. 

you talk some shit mate !!!!!!!

On 12/07/2022 at 14:36, wattie exploited said:

It seems to me that @Punks No Deid was on your side, Wattie.

I think it was Norman who was doing the criticism.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

you talk some shit mate !!!!!!!

Think you might have picked me up wrong there Wattie. I was talking about the article in the OP, which says The Exploited are a thrash metal band. That might be the case (in his opinion, not mine) but you're still more punk than most of the shite that claims to be or has done over the years. 

wattie exploited
15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Think you might have picked me up wrong there Wattie. I was talking about the article in the OP, which says The Exploited are a thrash metal band. That might be the case (in his opinion, not mine) but you're still more punk than most of the shite that claims to be or has done over the years. 

sorry i picked you up wrong :whistling:

Punks No Deid

Are we gonna get another album Wattie? Discharge - End of Days was pretty good n IMO up there with their other stuff, what’s the chances of a follow up to F… The System? 

wattie exploited
On 23/02/2022 at 11:53, Salad Fingers said:

Always thought he would have made a better Begbie than Robert Carlyle. He was an absolute psycho in Acid House. 

his brother Stewart was the painter  he was a nice guy  sadly he is dead now !!!!!

maroondevo52
5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

his brother Stewart was the painter  he was a nice guy  sadly he is dead now !!!!!

Sorry to hear Stewart had died, I went to Telford College with Stewart and worked with Gary when he was an apprentice painter.

Exploited are magic and have been from the off

The Damned concert with Livi Punx in  the eatly 80's was mental

Still listen way to this day

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

that's weird to find out ! might bump into her at rebellion depending what night she is playing as we headline on one of the stages on the Saturday night  :whistling:

been here before
2 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Top pop trivia time:

Clare Grogan was partly the inspiration for last dance 80s disco night floor filler True, by Spandau Ballet.

Used to be a total ride albeit her voice was a bit nippy. Still worth a wee shot though I reckon. If you get the vibe she's looking for some no strings action with a fat balding, middle aged Hearts fan, then gies a shout Wattie.

Edited by been here before