*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

If Everton want to either loan Simms out again or move him on I could see Rangers stepping in. They're short of strikers and would know what they were getting. If they were interested sadly we could forget it, can't compete financially.

No indication that rangers want him Tbh. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Our budget has increased so much that we can go for high cost target's.  Had to wait to see what budget we had for coming season. Would not be worried lads !!

High cost targets instantly makes me think we may see a large forehead in the near future...

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Steak said:

Cole Palmer would be an insanely good signing. With 2 CFS joining City it's possible 

Edit- on loan of course 

He would be outstanding but I think he’s being nurtured similar to Foden and won’t be too far away from the 1st team at City. 

I could be completely wrong as I appreciate Foden is a different level from most but Palmer might be used as one of the Home Grown numbers they need to satisfy. 

Rocky jamboa

I see the sticking point with Haring signing is he wants 3 years but the club only offering 2! Only 27 so if that is the only sticking point, just give him 3 years. 

johnking123
3 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I see the sticking point with Haring signing is he wants 3 years but the club only offering 2! Only 27 so if that is the only sticking point, just give him 3 years. 

29 next month 

Rick Sanchez
17 minutes ago, King prawn said:

If Forrest wants to go to Dundee United instead of Hearts, someone offer to drive him to Dundee. 

Same applies to Fleetwood :laugh:

Fair enough if he wants guaranteed starts but he's a squad filler with the ability to earn it. That's it for now.

Rocky jamboa
7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

29 next month 

So he is. The article I read said 3 years would take him past age 30 but thought it said to 30! 

Still, 32 a good age for that type of player. Might be a ready made replacement for Souttar also as he was bought as a defender.

Italian Lambretta
47 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Our budget has increased so much that we can go for high cost target's.  Had to wait to see what budget we had for coming season. Would not be worried lads !!

Does that mean we can now discard all the shite players people are quoting on here?

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Christ, on behalf of probably 99% of the Hearts support, just give him the three years! 

3 is my favourite number. Peter Haring is one of my favourite players. He won't let us down. Sign him...... please.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

So he is. The article I read said 3 years would take him past age 30 but thought it said to 30! 

Still, 32 a good age for that type of player. Might be a ready made replacement for Souttar also as he was bought as a defender.

He may be a stop gap replacement for Soutters position when we have injuries etc but I would expect us to be signing a better replacement than Haring is at centre half. What he definitely isn’t is a replacement at centre half for the next 3 years. His position is in the middle of midfield and I hope that in 2 years time Peter Haring would be getting nowhere near our bench because we have improved past him in that time. 2 years seems a good offer that suits the club. If it doesn’t suit him then we thank him, wish him well and we move on.

22 minutes ago, andrew said:

That Lys Mousset has been released, we were linked with him in the past.

Would be a great addition to the team 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Does that not mean everyone ups their price when dealing with us though? Pretty sure Savage will be,well savage to deal with I hope.

merseyjambo

The other option with Simms is if Everton could be dealt with, purchase with a first option buyback to Everton.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We need more dynamism and pace. We did okay but probably over achieved. It's a bit slow and predictable. 2 or 3 midfield/ wide men. Boyce could replace Simms and his role in midfield replaced. 

simms made an unbelievable difference when he came in and replaced Boyce so unlikely that Boyce can’t raplace simms 

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

We've been looking when Dhanda for a while, I think this is the third window he's been listed as a potential for us. Would be surprised if he doesn't come to us now he's a free agent.

SM Sheffield

I have not seen us linked with him but Paudie O’Connor is one I would like to think we are looking at. He should be affordable he is out of contract in the summer and has been Bradford’s captain and player of the season two years running. 6ft3 24 year old defender and bound to move on and turn down the offer of a deal with them. Championship and League 1 clubs have been looking at him. Played 35+ league games the last two seasons too so no injury problems.

SM Sheffield
53 minutes ago, millano77 said:

He would cost a fortune in wages and probably end up as a Malaury Martin II. The boy has a stinking attitude and has not scored many goals for a forward in his career. Personally I hope the club go nowhere near him. 

1 hour ago, millano77 said:

5 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

He would cost a fortune in wages and probably end up as a Malaury Martin II. The boy has a stinking attitude and has not scored many goals for a forward in his career. Personally I hope the club go nowhere near him. 

He certainly feels like one of these high risk, high reward type players.  Given his attitude problems I doubt we'll sign him though.

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, andrew said:

That Lys Mousset has been released, we were linked with him in the past.

I saw that earlier but I don't think we should go for him. I'm a blades fan and I don't rate him at all. 

I'd imagine his wage demands would be too high for us anyway. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Shades of signing Gnando instead of Adebayo due to price there hope fully a lesson learned

Luton gazumped us after Walsall made a song and dance, claiming we had made it public, then cashed in 🤷‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No indication that rangers want him Tbh. 

I love Simms, but Rangers aiming higher than that I would think, already sourced a Colombian from the Russian League I believe

PapaShango
54 minutes ago, Sertse said:

We've been looking when Dhanda for a while, I think this is the third window he's been listed as a potential for us. Would be surprised if he doesn't come to us now he's a free agent.

I've never seen anything confirming we have been looking at him apart from on here. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I've never seen anything confirming we have been looking at him apart from on here. 

It looks like I had a stroke typing that thanks to autocorrect, I meant to type linked with, not looking when🤣

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, Sertse said:

It looks like I had a stroke typing that thanks to autocorrect, I meant to type linked with, not looking when🤣

Have you done the “todays the day” post yet? :wink:

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have you done the “todays the day” post yet? :wink:

I'm saving them🤣 the ability to predict signings is much harder now because there's no patterns really followed, before you could guarantee it'll be on a weekday, usually Friday, at 1500, sometimes 1200 but not often. Now they will announce signings whenever they feel like it, weekends and evenings.

You never know though, might see something in about 10 minutes👀

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm saving them🤣 the ability to predict signings is much harder now because there's no patterns really followed, before you could guarantee it'll be on a weekday, usually Friday, at 1500, sometimes 1200 but not often. Now they will announce signings whenever they feel like it, weekends and evenings.

You never know though, might see something in about 10 minutes👀

13 mins ago and still no signing. Mad Sertse oot! 

Chillidigits

Guys being mentioned on here have probably shot off for a fortnight's hols. Hope they all avoid the flight cancellation hold ups.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wonder if we speak with our good friends at Man City again 👀

Let's hope he's better than Jordan Roberts :laugh:

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Let's hope he's better than Jordan Roberts :laugh:

I liked that young Meshino lad we got from them and I think he would be good in this team

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

interesting. Obviously a very strong under 23 squad who won the league. Apart from the known players like delap and palmer, a standout performer was James mcAtee. A centre mid, 19 years old, 18 goals and 7 assists from 23 games from centre mid is very impressive! Obviously very highly thought of as recently signed a new contract in Feb. 

If we sign anyone from Scotland,it'll be next week before we know but it'll likely be over a month before we start signing players. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I liked that young Meshino lad we got from them and I think he would be good in this team

Agree. Meshino in this team would have been a different player. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If we sign anyone from Scotland,it'll be next week before we know but it'll likely be over a month before we start signing players. 

Why? 

You can agree deals / fees with clubs elsewhere to sign deals to sign and join 1st July.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. Meshino in this team would have been a different player. 

He got a lot of un warranted abuse from the stands to the point where it was a little embarrassing actually

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? 

You can agree deals / fees with clubs elsewhere to sign deals to sign and join 1st July.

Aye but everyone will be on their jollies mate and contracts don't end until June 31st. 

I think we're likely to sign 10 players, a lot of negotiating to do, it will take time and it's usually July before we start to see movement. 

I reckon we'll have to put up with folk pishing their breeks over a lack of signings in the next 2 months. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He got a lot of un warranted abuse from the stands to the point where it was a little embarrassing actually

It was a hard time for him. We had no midfield, a shitee keeper and a piss poor defence. He was on a hiding to nothing. McKay would have been in the same boat as him that season. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye but everyone will be on their jollies mate and contracts don't end until June 31st

I think we're likely to sign 10 players, a lot of negotiating to do, it will take time and it's usually July before we start to see movement. 

I reckon we'll have to put up with folk pishing their breeks over a lack of signings in the next 2 months. 

That is going to be a long wait, Johann. 😉

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was a hard time for him. We had no midfield, a shitee keeper and a piss poor defence. He was on a hiding to nothing. McKay would have been in the same boat as him that season. 

Funny I was thinking a bout McKay when I was trying to imagine how he would fit in to this team and I think that is the closest comparison 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t City have a guy that has played for Scotland youth sides? Forini I think?

Lewis Fiorini yep. 

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Luton gazumped us after Walsall made a song and dance, claiming we had made it public, then cashed in 🤷‍♂️

Yes that rings a bell I could not remember the exact details but I remember at the time we were looking at both of them 

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I wonder if they would load us that brilliant Irish/Portuguese guy Bernard O'Silva?? 🙂

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, pointon said:

What a steaming pile of shite 

? Anything in particular? Or just life in general?

1 minute ago, pointon said:

What a steaming pile of shite 

The transfer window or one of the posts on the 110 pages

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***