*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

7 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Always wonder, how do EPL clubs look after these young 16 year olds coming down from Scotland?

Housing and general welfare?

Pretty sure they get 'put' with a family. Almost like a foster carer for the 1st few years. Not sure, but imagine they have a policy of college attainment also. I'm sure hearts have / had that.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Dick Dastardly
57 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Screenshot_20220526-055124_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f2a3d8f8b419f4ad93d055efc66585fa.jpgDoes anybody speak French?.

Jan Vertonghen is the topic of a war between Hearts and Dijon. The backup/reinforcement would cost 6 million. 

I think. I could also be very, very wrong. It's over 30 yrs since i failed french standard Grade 

** also, could you not just have clicked on "translate tweet"? **

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Jan Vertonghen is the topic of a war between Hearts and Dijon. The backup/reinforcement would cost 6 million. 

I think. I could also be very, very wrong. It's over 30 yrs since i failed french standard Grade 

😂 6million. That will be the end of that wee rumour then. Thanks.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

😂 6million. That will be the end of that wee rumour then. Thanks.

My "translation" could definitely be wrong. Google has his wages as £3 million a year as well though! 😂 😂 😂 

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

Screenshot_20220526-055124_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f2a3d8f8b419f4ad93d055efc66585fa.jpgDoes anybody speak French?.

6 million! JA splashing the cash already! It's definitely happening boys!

P.s we are also winning the league 

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn’t usually reply to your nonsense but I will because as usual you miss the point.
Bringing through our own youngsters helps the squad and saves using players out of position and when they’re not fully fit, if more of our youngsters had been blooded towards the end of the season maybe guys like Atkinson, Boyce, Simms, Haring might not have been out on their feet or jaded like McKay has looked for weeks. 
Other teams were prospering whilst bringing through youngsters whilst your hero Levein was wasting millions on the Academy and duds thar saw us relegated. 
I know you’re clueless about most football matters so maybe stick to acclaiming Neilson as the next Mourinho on the many threads you start about him. 
Yet another May 21st when you wanted Rangers to lose eh Tosh?

In general I agree with your point about playing younger players but this season it wouldn’t  have worked. With no reserve league the young guys would have had no real football action for months.  Best for their development to have been out on loan. Hopefully a reserve league materialises next season or the development of young footballers in this country is headed for the dark ages again. 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In general I agree with your point about playing younger players but this season it wouldn’t  have worked. With no reserve league the young guys would have had no real football action for months.  Best for their development to have been out on loan. Hopefully a reserve league materialises next season or the development of young footballers in this country is headed for the dark ages again. 

I think Savage really needs to get on his soap box about that, loudly shouting it from the rooftops. If certain clubs are standing in its way, name them and shame them. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Always wonder, how do EPL clubs look after these young 16 year olds coming down from Scotland?

Housing and general welfare?

Very Well I'd guess. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Ominous said:

What’s he won in his career? Not the Scottish cup or league cup. No thanks!

kingantti1874

Jan Vertongen 😆 poor man’s Shaun Rooney. 

He will be in his mid-30’s . Take him on a free but £6million 😆🤦‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

PapaShango

Vertonghen is not coming to Hearts! He's 35 so no chance anyone is paying 6 million for him, but still he won't be playing for us.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, CMc said:

I see Chukwuemeka from Villas youth system looks like he is being poached by Barcelona. 

it’s a disgrace they can’t hold on to their young players/give them a reason to stay/Tie them down onto infinite contracts/etc. 

To be fair, he’s 18 and played a few first team games last season. 

Our player is a child. 

BackOfTheNet

As someone has already mentioned it’s in effect a bot account, using dodgy algorithms to auto generate a rumour via tweets. It’s used us before for absurd rumours so should be ignored. Mind you, nothing else to discuss rumour wise of course, but as long as we all know it’s utter nonsense. Better not start showing up on those Hearts supporting Facebook pages with terrible takes with terrible grammar and spelling.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Do we have some kind of link with Blackpool?

Quite a few of our players have been at Blackpool in the past, namely just this season:

Simms

Taylor-Moore

Woodburn

And Gnanduillet of course.

Never noticed it before!

43 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think Savage really needs to get on his soap box about that, loudly shouting it from the rooftops. If certain clubs are standing in its way, name them and shame them. 

Think we are waiting on a decision from Lowland league re a colts team.  Only in Scottish football where the likes of East Kilbride, Cumbernauld etc will vote on a key issue for the development of the country’s young players - it’s just a complete dereliction of duty by the SFA/SPFL. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think we are waiting on a decision from Lowland league re a colts team.  Only in Scottish football where the likes of East Kilbride, Cumbernauld etc will vote on a key issue for the development of the country’s young players - it’s just a complete dereliction of duty by the SFA/SPFL. 

But if they're members, are they not entitled to a say the same as other members?

Batistuta87
41 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Do we have some kind of link with Blackpool?

Quite a few of our players have been at Blackpool in the past, namely just this season:

Simms

Taylor-Moore

Woodburn

And Gnanduillet of course.

Never noticed it before!

Its where Robbie goes on hoaliday 

PapaShango
47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What argument can they use to refuse us when allowing Rangers and Celtic in? Just curious as to why they wouldn't let us join. There should be some form of reserve league for the top clubs, it's ridiculous that we don't have it anymore. 

How bout this guy ? Second top scorer in the K league with 9 goals in 14 appearances, contract expiring in September 2022, could potentially be the next Son. Worth a punt, but probably outwith our resources?

Screenshot_20220526-211238_Chrome.jpg

Thomson1874

Goalkeepers

- Craig Gordon - 2024

- Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs

- Nathaniel Atkinson - 2025

- Michael Smith - 2023

Centre Backs

- Craig Halkett - 2024

- Stephen Kingsley - 2025

- Toby Sibbick - 2025

Left Backs

Centre Midfielders

- Beni Baningime - 2024 - Injured

- Cammy Devlin - 2024

- Aaron McEneff - 2023

- Andy Halliday - 2024

Wide Midfielders

- Barrie McKay - 2023

- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

- Josh Ginnelly - 2023

Forwards

- Liam Boyce - 2023

- Euan Henderson - 2023

Youth Players

Finlay Pollock

Cammy Logan

Mackenzie Kirk

Murray Thomas

Scott McGill

Harry Stone

Contract Expired

Chris Hamilton 

Mihai Popescu

Jamie Brandon

Jamie Walker

Connor Smith

John Souttar

Taylor Moore - Loan Expired

Alex Cochrane - Loan Expired

Ellis Simms - Loan Expired

Ben Woodburn - Loan Expired

Peter Haring

This is how the squad looks when written down, I’ve not included the likes of Haring and Smith because as far as we’re aware they will be leaving. I’ve grouped the younger players separately as most of these guys haven’t made many appearances and we don’t know if they’ll be going out on loan etc. 

Leaves us with 16 senior players. A lot of recruitment to be done!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

From the Daily Mail:

Plans for Celtic, Rangers and Hearts to field B teams in an expanded Lowland League next season are on the verge of collapse.

Clubs from Scottish football’s fifth tier recently voted in favour of admitting two guest sides for a second successive season.

Celtic and Rangers Colts were expected to fill the void until Hearts submitted a late application before the deadline.

Asked to change their rules to allow all three to enter a 19-team league, Lowland League sides voted against the proposal by a margin of 13 to three - with chairmen expected to decide which two of the three they wanted to admit by June 6.

In an unexpected ultimatum, however, the three Scottish Premiership clubs have now made it clear that the SLFL either allows all three guest teams to play - or risks receiving none at all.

Lowland League officials have now written to members outlining the current state of play.

And Sportsmail understands clubs are expected to revert to a 16-team league - with no guest teams admitted - when they discuss the matter at an AGM this Monday night.

Under last season’s arrangements both Celtic and Rangers paid £25,000 each as an entry payment for participation, with colts team ineligible for promotion.

With both clubs seeing the benefits to their academy players of playing regular competitive football against semi-professional opposition, Lowland League sides were set to ramp up the cost of entry. 

Irked by the apparent conditions attached by Celtic, Hearts and Rangers, the expectation is that members will end the guest club experiment on Monday.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

From the Daily Mail:

Plans for Celtic, Rangers and Hearts to field B teams in an expanded Lowland League next season are on the verge of collapse.

Clubs from Scottish football’s fifth tier recently voted in favour of admitting two guest sides for a second successive season.

Celtic and Rangers Colts were expected to fill the void until Hearts submitted a late application before the deadline.

Asked to change their rules to allow all three to enter a 19-team league, Lowland League sides voted against the proposal by a margin of 13 to three - with chairmen expected to decide which two of the three they wanted to admit by June 6.

In an unexpected ultimatum, however, the three Scottish Premiership clubs have now made it clear that the SLFL either allows all three guest teams to play - or risks receiving none at all.

Lowland League officials have now written to members outlining the current state of play.

And Sportsmail understands clubs are expected to revert to a 16-team league - with no guest teams admitted - when they discuss the matter at an AGM this Monday night.

Under last season’s arrangements both Celtic and Rangers paid £25,000 each as an entry payment for participation, with colts team ineligible for promotion.

With both clubs seeing the benefits to their academy players of playing regular competitive football against semi-professional opposition, Lowland League sides were set to ramp up the cost of entry. 

Irked by the apparent conditions attached by Celtic, Hearts and Rangers, the expectation is that members will end the guest club experiment on Monday.

That'll get passed. I can guarantee it. The league is as corrupt as the day is long. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

From the Daily Mail:

If we only applied to scupper things for them, I'm cool with that

PapaShango

Interesting interview with our CEO today where Robbie wants a pool of 24 players up from 21. With the players leaving that is up to 7 or 8 new signings coming in the door. Very positive interview and I like everything he says when I hear from him. Sounds as though some significant funds will be available, whether that is for fees or wages we will have to wait and see. My opinion is we are looking at a step up in quality from what we had this season and IMO is what is needed to continue to cement 3rd and get the riches that come with it and kick on to try and close the gap above us. All in all I think we are in a really good place at the moment but it's all about sustaining it and maximising the potential that comes with it. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

But if they're members, are they not entitled to a say the same as other members?

They are entitled to vote.

I think the point being made, correctly, is that the SFA/SPFL should be ensuring that there is a viable semi competitive pathway to first teams for players over 18 years of age.

The biggest teams in the country shouldn’t have to rely on a vote by lowland league clubs in order to source this themselves.

13 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

They are entitled to vote.

I think the point being made, correctly, is that the SFA/SPFL should be ensuring that there is a viable semi competitive pathway to first teams for players over 18 years of age.

The biggest teams in the country shouldn’t have to rely on a vote by lowland league clubs in order to source this themselves.

I agree totally but are not the SFA/SPL the member clubs?

August Landmesser
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If we only applied to scupper things for them, I'm cool with that

yep, suits me too - hopefully it'll force the issue of a reserve league (or useful equivalent) back onto the table

Clerry Jambo
22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Interesting interview with our CEO today where Robbie wants a pool of 24 players up from 21. With the players leaving that is up to 7 or 8 new signings coming in the door. Very positive interview and I like everything he says when I hear from him. Sounds as though some significant funds will be available, whether that is for fees or wages we will have to wait and see. My opinion is we are looking at a step up in quality from what we had this season and IMO is what is needed to continue to cement 3rd and get the riches that come with it and kick on to try and close the gap above us. All in all I think we are in a really good place at the moment but it's all about sustaining it and maximising the potential that comes with it. 

We are in a very good place to cement our position and get closer to the Glesga mob but need to hope management team step up as well. Better players hopefully put more demands on coaching staff

Dick Dastardly

I'd like something along the lines of an u23 league but with an allowance for over age players, say 3 or 4 per game. It would allow our younger players to play how we wanted them to and let players recover from injuries. The experience from older pros could also prove invaluable to the younger lads

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We are in a very good place to cement our position and get closer to the Glesga mob but need to hope management team step up as well. Better players hopefully put more demands on coaching staff

Absolutely, KPI's and targets/standards have to be set higher for Staff and management next season or its failure for me, we should be aiming for 65-70 points minimum next season and another cup final if not cup win this time.

Dick Dastardly
38 minutes ago, brux said:

I thought this was a chat about transfers? 

Not much happening just now though. There are only so many things to say about Shankland and Forrest. Even the RCC chat has dried up

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not much happening just now though. There are only so many things to say about Shankland and Forrest. Even the RCC chat has dried up

I think we will need to be patient, our season has just finished and players will likely be off on a break. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple already close but need to wait before pushing over the line. I'm hoping for some left field announcements that are quality. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I think we will need to be patient, our season has just finished and players will likely be off on a break. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple already close but need to wait before pushing over the line. I'm hoping for some left field announcements that are quality. 

Yeah, I'm not expecting too much yet. I do think we'll be trying to get players in as early as possible but its still going to depend on transfers elsewhere and waiting to see what the EPL teams are doing with their u23s etc. 

Armageddon

Jan #Vertonghen is the subject of a war between Heart Of Midlothian and Dijon.  A reinforcement that would have a cost: 6 million.  (via HandSpinner, the mag)

3A69F848-6A9F-4F99-8FDE-E2E2C1C9B7FB.jpeg

Armageddon
Just now, davemclaren said:

Has Damour definitely gone? 🥸

I think he has, but Martan has 4 years left....

18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve only won 8 Scottish cups, were you hopeful on Saturday

I was pessimistic, justifiably as it turned out.

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jan #Vertonghen is the subject of a war between Heart Of Midlothian and Dijon.  A reinforcement that would have a cost: 6 million.  (via HandSpinner, the mag)

Jan Vertonghen :wow:

That is some rumour. Where has this come from?

There is no chance in hell a 35 year old is going to command a €6,000,000 transfer fee though :lol: 

BackOfTheNet

Oh FFS, just been on Twitter and there’s a few folk falling for the Vertongen story. This is why Twitter bot accounts exist, there’s plenty of gullibles to lap it up. 

:facepalm:

heartsfc_fan

Somebody has edited Vertonghen's wiki just below his Benfica description to say he's joining us on a 2 year deal 😂

He signed for Benfica on a 3 year deal in Aug 2020 so he's not out of contract as far as I'm aware and we wait paying a substantial 7 figure sum on a 35 year old!

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh FFS, just been on Twitter and there’s a few folk falling for the Vertongen story. This is why Twitter bot accounts exist, there’s plenty of gullibles to lap it up. 

:facepalm:

You would think people, even if they dont look at the twitter page and realise its a bot that automatically creates nonsense rumours, would see the 6 million figure and realise its nonsense.

23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

How many times. 

It's a bot that generates transfer rumours. It is not true.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You would think people, even if they dont look at the twitter page and realise its a bot that automatically creates nonsense rumours, would see the 6 million figure and realise its nonsense.

People see a rumour in a foreign language and bizarrely treat it as gospel. If anyone even bothered to click on the account page it even says it is a bot in it's description.

Dick Dastardly
51 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

My earlier translation wasn't too far away, then. Fair proud of myself now 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Very good interview. I love it's now all about supplementation rather than rebuilding.

I noted he also said players will not be jersey fillers, they'll have to be of quality.

Very promising.

Jan Vertonghen!

Maybe he'll bring Rafael van der Vaart, Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale with him. Obviously loved Tynecastle after spanking us 5 - 0...

:scenes:

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***