*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Arthur Morgan
13 hours ago, Jurek said:

What about Jamie McGrath as a creative midfielder? He doesn't seem to have been getting a game with Wigan following his move from St Mirren in January.

Yes please. Exactly what we need in the centre of midfield, someone with a bit of creativity. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

HeartsandonlyHearts

This off season you all have to promise me one thing. That when we don’t sign a player we’re linked with because another team pays over the odds. We don’t hear “just give him what he wants”

Thats all I ask.

We can sign way better than we have in the past with our well merrited windfall of late

Lets up the anti please and to f erk with maximum wage

Bring in two or three names and tell the rest this can be you 

Or i am dreaming as per 

4 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

We can sign way better than we have in the past with our well merrited windfall of late

Or i am dreaming as per 

Exactly what I think.

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah I know. Not to be disrespectful but some of your casual kickbackers might not know that, it’s the point I’m trying to make re the impatient ones when they don’t always know the ins and outs 

for example today, I saw someone post an article of James Forrest signing a new deal at Celtic saying can all this Forrest to hearts nonsense be put to bed, when quite evidently it’s been Alan we’re after…

I posted that link and made the comment because there were posters suggesting we could and should sign James Forrest they were not discussing Alan Forrest 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't think Neilson has any lack of confidence in his abilities 

And was happy to play half a team of youth players all through 2014-15.  Maybe he just wants to select the best players we have? 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I posted that link and made the comment because there were posters suggesting we could and should sign James Forrest they were not discussing Alan Forrest 

Yeah. 

Alan Forrest was discussed. Somebody at least half in jest said his brother’s contract is running out, why don’t we go for the pair of them. The hypothetical was discussed. A few post later, other poster started going off about it being unrealistic - when as far as I can see nobody had said otherwise. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Yeah. 

Alan Forrest was discussed. Somebody at least half in jest said his brother’s contract is running out, why don’t we go for the pair of them. The hypothetical was discussed. A few post later, other poster started going off about it being unrealistic - when as far as I can see nobody had said otherwise. 

Almost immediately after I posted the link a poster claimed that despite him signing a three year deal at Celtic they and their Celtic supporting pals do not think he is in the managers plans for next season

Dick Dastardly
22 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And was happy to play half a team of youth players all through 2014-15.  Maybe he just wants to select the best players we have? 

Novel idea. You think it will catch on? 

15 hours ago, dougal said:

One if the big differences I noticed on Saturday was the Rangers fullbacks. Both Bassey and Tavernier were able to get forward ahead of their respective forward three. When they were doing that one of the midfield three would drop back and cover while the centre backs shifted out wider making a back three. The other 2 central midfielders pushed forward too and this meant attacking with 7 players. Both full backs were able to get back quickly when losing possession as the front three and two central midfielders prevented a quick turnaround.  It's very similar to the way that Liverpool set up. Getting fullbacks with that kind of engine is what we need. Atkinson may have it but never got the chance to show it as Kent kept him at bay all day. 

As well as fullbacks who get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes we need a number 10 who can run. Boyce has good skills but not the legs to get close to and beyond Simms, so winning headers wasn't paying off for us. 

We also need some creativity in the middle of the park. Haring, Devlin and Beni are all quite similar and none of them have git the skills to pick up the ball and drive forward which limits our attacking potential especially if teams are able to nullify our forward players, which Rangers did on Saturday.

All in all we could do with around 8 to 10 new players with around half needing to be starters. We saw the difference substitutes can make on Saturday. Rangers brought on 2 international midfielders and a forward who had been picked to start in Rangers' most important game in over a decade. Compare that to our subs and the difference in quality was massive but hopefully with the additional income and the guarantee of European football will allow to us upgrade on out current squad in the areas we really need.

Good post. Our wing backs were doubled up and pinned back most of the game and we just didn't have the players to get up the park and exploit any space.

Bar the 3 centre halves of Souttar,  Kingsley, Halkett and McKay we've lacked ball carriers in the team. 2 marauding overlapping wing backs would be transformative for our attack.

That's not Cochrane's game and Atkinson is still developing.

It's fantasy island obviously but if we do get Simms on loan, wouldn't mind asking Everton if they fancy loaning us Nathan Patterson as well for a season. Anyway that's not going to happen and would stunt Atkinson's growth but that's type of wing back I'd like to see us go for.

8 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i know they aren't our academy players, i was just pointing out that age isn't necessarily a barrier to breaking into the team. 

It is if you're an academy player.

10 hours ago, WageThief said:

That doesn't really make sense.  They will surely be more likely to buy into the plan given part of it has already been realised.  I can't see why players like Beni would hold out for 6k a week at Hearts because we are actually in Europe (which would be the plan he was sold).  If the alternative is to play for Hibs/Aberdeen for 3k a week on the basis they have a plan, it certainly makes no sense.

How does it not make sense, you offer less as your basic with promises in the future - yes we've had one good season but it's far from being realised.  The next tranche of players will be looking at the cash thats come into the club and be wanting more.

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, briever said:

It is if you're an academy player.

He played Irvine plenty of times. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah according to some Hearts only target quality, but we could have had shankland who we now want, but will require a fee to get, you're spot on he could do a job at Hearts he's young, causes defences all sorts of problems, and who's to say he wouldn't get better playing in a team that is a step up. 

He's isn't a risk signing we would get him on a free if it doesn't work out, then it's hardly breaking the bank to get him. 

All player's go through bad spells the thing i like about him, is the good ones, go back for more he's hungry. 

Good recommendation feck the rest that try to take this piss, they probably only wash once a month. 

You don't know "we could have had Shankland". 

You made that up. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We will have to use some of our youth players this year for Europe.

Every team does. 

PapaShango

I've not inputted into this thread much but some of the names being banded about are ridiculous. We have no chance of signing Rogic. He could have probably stayed at Celtic and played the majority of games. He will easily get a team picking him up down south. 

We need a bigger squad for next season and we will recruit a number of players. We need a decent CB to replace Soapy for starters. Sibbick isn't ready to play every week in that position. I would like to see Gino and GMS replaced with better, McEneff just isn't good enough to play for Hearts IMO, has had opportunities but just seems to lack something.  We need a box to box midfielder and a penalty box striker. I would 100% take Shankland. We create a load of chances that we don't convert. I'm pretty confident he would be the link to put some of those in the net. Robbie knows him well and if he thinks he can cut it then you have to back him on it. 

11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

For those without Insta. Both genuine accounts: 

67FB5FE7-FBCF-4CB5-9161-41DA280FB468.jpeg

Mental a loan player says that and Souttar just said 'thanks for everything'.

Looks promising though.

13 hours ago, briever said:

Not a bad idea.

He might also gamble on the Craig not lasting 2yrs - it's going to be a big ask for Craig to go the 2.  Fingers crossed he does.

What about Jamie McDonald as back up to Craig Gordon? I reckon he'd appreciate training with Craig. Probably more exciting than another season at Raith Rovers.

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What about Rooney from St Johnstone? Out of contract.

Not a gripe at you per se but...

Can we stop this "hibs" type of wanting players that are below where we need to be. Rooney is typical. He's a Motherwell, St.Johnston, Killie, hibs type mid-table player.

WE NEED BETTER TO PROGRESS!!!!!

Mon the Hearts!

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not a gripe at you per se but...

Can we stop this "hibs" type of wanting players that are below where we need to be. Rooney is typical. He's a Motherwell, St.Johnston, Killie, hibs type mid-table player.

WE NEED BETTER TO PROGRESS!!!!!

Mon the Hearts!

It kind of depends on whether we want to upgrade on Atkinson or need someone to back him up and gibe him a break.

Based on seeing very little of him, i'll admit, he looks a decent alternative and could certainly do a job if asked.

18 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What about Rooney from St Johnstone? Out of contract.

He's not very good, he's scored a few high profile goals, and runs about like a mad man but deffo not anywhere near the type of player we should be signing to cement us in 3rd place.

9 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Or i am dreaming as per 

Definitely what we should be doing, will it happen? Hopefully

36 minutes ago, Jurek said:

What about Jamie McDonald as back up to Craig Gordon? I reckon he'd appreciate training with Craig. Probably more exciting than another season at Raith Rovers.

Jamie is too old. We could get a younger better keeper what's the point in wasting a wage?

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Good post. Our wing backs were doubled up and pinned back most of the game and we just didn't have the players to get up the park and exploit any space.

Bar the 3 centre halves of Souttar,  Kingsley, Halkett and McKay we've lacked ball carriers in the team. 2 marauding overlapping wing backs would be transformative for our attack.

That's not Cochrane's game and Atkinson is still developing.

It's fantasy island obviously but if we do get Simms on loan, wouldn't mind asking Everton if they fancy loaning us Nathan Patterson as well for a season. Anyway that's not going to happen and would stunt Atkinson's growth but that's type of wing back I'd like to see us go for.

Smith was great at that, I'm not sure if he'll get it back going forward though.

5 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Jamie is too old. We could get a younger better keeper what's the point in wasting a wage?

With back up keepers, we really don’t want to get drawn into overpaying. Most in their 20s will want to play and Gordon seems to still be at his peak. Macdonald probably isn’t the best candidate, but I’d probably go for someone in their 30s who can do a passable job for a few games. The experience counts for a lot IMO.

tartofmidlothian
43 minutes ago, Jurek said:

He'd be great as a like for like replacement for Stewart, a benchwarmer to pull on the strip two or three times in bounce games or for injuries.

I like the idea to try and pick up Zander Clark for free now though, then he understudies Gordon for a year or two before taking over. No better player to learn from and he could be our Number One for five or ten years if it works out. He and Kelly at Motherwell are definitely being groomed as Scotland's goalkeeping future.

8 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

We seem to have a good young keeper in Harry Stone. Wouldn't want to block his progress longer term. That's why an older, content to play second fiddle, keeper is needed in case of injury to Craig. Stewart already is "wasting a wage" thankfully because it means Craig isn't getting injured.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Jurek said:

We seem to have a good young keeper in Harry Stone. Wouldn't want to block his progress longer term. That's why an older, content to play second fiddle, keeper is needed in case of injury to Craig. Stewart already is "wasting a wage" thankfully because it means Craig isn't getting injured.

Stewart is on about £50 a month though 

20 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

...because he is better than Cheesy and would plug a gap for a season at least, to allow greater time for planning and recruiting correctly.....honestly that guy gives me the absolute fear...canny believe he is our no. 2 😢😥😣😖😧😦🥺

Fxxx the SPFL

When's the first klaxon of the transfer window Hobbits two nil up already we'll still gub them

PapaShango
11 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He'd be great as a like for like replacement for Stewart, a benchwarmer to pull on the strip two or three times in bounce games or for injuries.

I like the idea to try and pick up Zander Clark for free now though, then he understudies Gordon for a year or two before taking over. No better player to learn from and he could be our Number One for five or ten years if it works out. He and Kelly at Motherwell are definitely being groomed as Scotland's goalkeeping future.

I'm not convinced with Clark to be honest, I think we can do better than him. I doubt he would be happy sitting on the bench all season as well when he is pushing into the Scotland squad regularly. We need a deputy though, as has been shown Stewart isn't anywhere near good enough should we get an injury. Gordon is one of the reasons we finished 3rd and got to a cup final, if we get an injury we need someone who can make a save, Stewart isn't that man! I wouldn't be averse to McDonald coming back to play that role. 

58 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Mental a loan player says that and Souttar just said 'thanks for everything'.

Looks promising though.

I know I was reading the Edinburgh Evening News online earlier this morning and it is wall to wall Souttar ……… how they could even assemble an article on his message to the Hearts fans I really do not know

Thanks for everything @ heartofmidlothianfc 

Actually sick of reading about him now he is no longer a Hearts player to be honest but again today more articles on him in the same paper ………… Rangers player I hope he has a shite club career for the entirety of his contract at Ibrox

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

FFS, you think a guy who has played 1st ream football for years in our league and will have plenty options, and been involved in Scotland squads, will sit on our bench for a season or 2 😂😂😅😂😂😅

THINK before posting please!!!!

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

FFS, you think a guy who has played 1st ream football for years in our league and will have plenty options, and been involved in Scotland squads, will sit on our bench for a season or 2 😂😂😅😂😂😅

THINK before posting please!!!!

It’s exactly what John McLaughlin did when he signed for Rangers. 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

When's the first klaxon of the transfer window Hobbits two nil up already we'll still gub them

Think we need to be patient, no point rushing into signings that end up a waste of a wage. I reckon we will have had our targets set for months, all about trying to push them over the line. We should be the most attractive team to come to in Scotland (out with the OF) at the moment with what we can offer. The draw of European football could be huge for some players. 

Saint Jambo
14 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Clark is about to turn 30, playing regularly and in the international squad. A year ago he won two trophies, not letting in a goal in either final. He isn't about to sign for us to "learn from" Gordon and be second choice. You would really have to question his mentality if he did.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I know I was reading the Edinburgh Evening News online earlier this morning and it is wall to wall Souttar ……… how they could even assemble an article on his message to the Hearts fans I really do not know

Thanks for everything @ heartofmidlothianfc 

Actually sick of reading about him now he is no longer a Hearts player to be honest but again today more articles on him in the same paper ………… Rangers player I hope he has a shite club career for the entirety of his contract at Ibrox

You'd expect a 'thanks to the fans, players, club, been great' or something even if he didn't really mean it. Considering he was on a packet despite being injured for a significant amount of time as well.

Seriously hope Simms is coming back. Good attitude, seems to really like the club as well 

PapaShango
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Probably a lot of wonga for him to set him up financially though! Your right though, he could have went to plenty clubs to be No.1 rather than play cup games and the odd league game. Either that or he fancied his chances of dislodging McGregor. 

PapaShango
Just now, Sertse said:

You'd expect a 'thanks to the fans, players, club, been great' or something even if he didn't really mean it. Considering he was on a packet despite being injured for a significant amount of time as well.

Seriously hope Simms is coming back. Good attitude, seems to really like the club as well 

Would love Simms back, felt he got better as the season went on.

As for Souttar, he was a top player for us but time to move on. Hope he fails miserably at Rangers! 

1 hour ago, Jurek said:

Only has to be better than Stewart which he is. 

tartofmidlothian
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

And what Scott Bain did when he signed for Celtic, he was a Premiership number one on the edge of a Scotland call up too.

tiger Rudi
33 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

What decent younger keeper would want to stunt his growth by sitting on the bench week in week out? As Rangers have done with Mcgregor & McLaughlin, having an experienced old pro willing to play when needed would be a good asset. Mcdonald has Hearts history, was actually half decent too. Not anywhere near Gordon obviously but could be relied upon as a good back up. 

4 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

What decent younger keeper would want to stunt his growth by sitting on the bench week in week out? As Rangers have done with Mcgregor & McLaughlin, having an experienced old pro willing to play when needed would be a good asset. Mcdonald has Hearts history, was actually half decent too. Not anywhere near Gordon obviously but could be relied upon as a good back up. 

Exactly so. He’d be a far better back up than Stewart and it would give Stone an opportunity to get another season in the lower leagues under his belt.

13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

It was all just about getting back in the Scotland squad from what i read ................... feck him Rangers player now so do not really care any more than I would about Ryan Jack or any other hun player

Pans Jambo

Nowt will happen until either:

A. The season actually starts.

B. Its a week before the transfer window closes.

Its the Hearts way.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Nowt will happen until either:

A. The season actually starts.

B. Its a week before the transfer window closes.

Its the Hearts way.

It's different this time round due to Europe, we need players early for the European games. Can't be signing them a couple days before or whatever.

Does anyone know the deadline for player registration actually?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***