*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, briever said:

Shankland isn't remotely worth that cash.

I don’t think he is either, but the club that paid £1 million for him less than a year ago believe he is worth at least half what they paid for him

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

On 22/05/2022 at 19:26, CMc said:

Aye, but was hoping someone who knew something about it would offer a more informed opinion than that wee gobshite. 

He'll give you Mark McGhee & his son Gavin as 2nd opinions if you don't believe him! 😃

Luckies1874
Just now, briever said:

I think it would be worth our while to increase the % of Simms wage that we pick up - he clearly enjoys his time here and we have 10 Euro games coming up, he isn't gonna get that at some championship side.

I agree and I think he is someone we can be fairly certain is improving and will be a good asset for us next year. The goals he scored recently v Hibs, Dundee Utd and Celtic, to me showed a player who was gaining confidence and is getting better all the time. With more quality around him and with other forwards playing with him and off him I'd be delighted to see him back. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

We could maybe introduce side letters.  Oh, wait....😀

What could go wrong Al? 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Some half decent players coming towards the end of their contracts at St Johnstone. Would they be coming in to start every game, probably not. However they would be good players to have in the squad. The 4 I would consider would be ;

Zander Clark - we need a huge upgrade on Ross Stewart as number 2. Doubt he would want to be a number 2 for the two seasons though. Would be a long term replacement for Craig Gordon.

Shaun Rooney

Jamie McCart  

Callum Hendry

Clark as a backup is the only thing I’d go for out of any of them. And he wouldn’t do that.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t think he is either, but the club that paid £1 million for him less than a year ago believe he is worth at least half what they paid for him

You dont pay over the odds because the owner previously fecked up on his purchase - Shankland isn't a city centre flat - he's 10 a penny.

john thomas
3 minutes ago, briever said:

I think it would be worth our while to increase the % of Simms wage that we pick up - he clearly enjoys his time here and we have 10 Euro games coming up, he isn't gonna get that at some championship side.

Surely that doesn't affect Simms wages ?

Just means Everton pay less

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I agree and I think he is someone we can be fairly certain is improving and will be a good asset for us next year. The goals he scored recently v Hibs, Dundee Utd and Celtic, to me showed a player who was gaining confidence and is getting better all the time. With more quality around him and with other forwards playing with him and off him I'd be delighted to see him back. 

A proper foil for him and he'd be a fantastic signing for another season.

Did you see the alleged instagram screenshot from his account on Friday?  Saying goodbye, I think it was fake.

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Surely that doesn't affect Simms wages ?

Just means Everton pay less

Yeh, but its more likely for Everton to look favourably about sending him to us again.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would love that to be true but it’s extremely unlikely thar this manager would play any kids in meaningful games, I think he played two this season in the league and didn’t even fill the bench with them when possible. 
Whether any are ready to be played is also a concern. 

I actually meant to say that i think a couple of loan players will come in as well but i was busy burning soup at the time. I tried to edit afterwards but it wouldn't let me. 

Players like Pollock, McGill, Logan and Henderson should be getting game time this season, especially in league games while we are still in Europe. Playing the likes of St Johnstone on a sunday after a European game would be ideal, so it would depend on the fixtures. 

Need to decide what formation we are playing. It’s good to have a bit of flexibility but playing a 3-4-3, the wing backs need to better than what we have, it’s such a tough position to fill. It does seem to have worked at times this season, mainly when Beni has played,  but it’s also a big ask for the 2 in the middle as majority of teams play 3 in there. 

I personally think 4-3-3 is the way forward. AttackIng full backs, one defensive centre mid that just sits and two centre mids who can get up and down the park, ideally with one being a Hartley/Cameron type. Three up top ideally to be all players who score/assist and can make things happen, and are also good in one on one situations. Few players needed so will be an interesting summer ahead 

Edited by 5jambo1

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I actually meant to say that i think a couple of loan players will come in as well but i was busy burning soup at the time. I tried to edit afterwards but it wouldn't let me. 

Players like Pollock, McGill, Logan and Henderson should be getting game time this season, especially in league games while we are still in Europe. Playing the likes of St Johnstone on a sunday after a European game would be ideal, so it would depend on the fixtures. 

Sorry to hear about the soup. 
I agree that we will get loan players in, and that youngsters should be getting games, but I have serious doubts about Neilson playing them. 

tartofmidlothian
40 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Some half decent players coming towards the end of their contracts at St Johnstone. Would they be coming in to start every game, probably not. However they would be good players to have in the squad. The 4 I would consider would be ;

Zander Clark - we need a huge upgrade on Ross Stewart as number 2. Doubt he would want to be a number 2 for the two seasons though. Would be a long term replacement for Craig Gordon.

Shaun Rooney

Jamie McCart  

Callum Hendry

Good shout about Clark. He's clearly being groomed as Scotland's number one as well, going by today's squad.

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to hear about the soup. 
I agree that we will get loan players in, and that youngsters should be getting games, but I have serious doubts about Neilson playing them. 

I think if they are good enough he would have done, and that is the problem. He played Cochrane and Simms this season, so age doesn't have to be a factor. Maybe, out of necessity, he will this season.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Good shout about Clark. He's clearly being groomed as Scotland's number one as well, going by today's squad.

We could promise him league cup games? Not a great incentive but its something 

13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

6FABB726-4AC1-4BA8-B44C-09AFFE2F3635.jpeg

Simms re-loan is not going to be negotiated until mid summer - the lad is just being polite.

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Cannae see Simms playing for Dunfermline next year. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You had a rough day at work chap? Persistent negativity leaving your keyboard tonight. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Very good 😂😂

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, briever said:

Simms re-loan is not going to be negotiated until mid summer - the lad is just being polite.

You never know 

Auld Reekin'
17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sibbick signing for Everton? :huh: :o  Great move for the lad!  :icon14: :)

52 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Shaun Rooney

Jamie McCart  

Callum Hendry

If we can afford him Cedric Kipre should be on the radar.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think if they are good enough he would have done, and that is the problem. He played Cochrane and Simms this season, so age doesn't have to be a factor. Maybe, out of necessity, he will this season.

Those two aren’t our academy products though, time will tell if he gives any meaningful game time to any of our own youngsters next season. 

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They aren't products of our youth system - Neilson has a problem with young players, a common player amongst managers that dont have a huge amount of confidence in their own abilities.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Austin Samuels would be worth a look. 

He’s done more running in 29 mins than GMS has all year looks no bad but never seen him play other than tonight he was at Aberdeen last season according to wiki.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those two aren’t our academy products though, time will tell if he gives any meaningful game time to any of our own youngsters next season. 

It really was bewildering that Kirk never got a start in the last 5 matches - the risk reward from playing him speaks for itself.

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He’s done more running in 29 mins than GMS has all year looks no bad but never seen him play other than tonight he was at Aberdeen last season according to wiki.

Yeah glad we can agree 😂😉, even though you like Robbie and I'm not his biggest supporter. 

Nice to agree on something. 

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You had a rough day at work chap? Persistent negativity leaving your keyboard tonight. 

Aye, I'm being a wank.  Blame the other half, sorry. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah glad we can agree 😂😉, even though you like Robbie and I'm not his biggest supporter. 

Nice to agree on something. 

The Robbie picture is coming down 😂 just never got round to axing his puss. 😂

Jambos4life

Ellis sims posted on his Instagram a thank you message, then Toby wrote see u pre season son in the comments 

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What makes you think he's better than Gino?  I respect your opinion in general so would like to know. 

First team start?  Not a chance for me. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Ellis sims posted on his Instagram a thank you message, then Toby wrote see u pre season son in the comments 

If we want Ellis it will cost us more than we can afford. 

Jambos4life

Maybe a loan extension, I have no idea but both are genuine Instagram accounts, so why would Toby sibbick past that?

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Only player on this pitch I’d consider for certain is Robbie Deas. Clark if he was happy to be a backup and Rooney at the firmest of pushes.

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What makes you think he's better than Gino?  I respect your opinion in general so would like to know. 

First team start?  Not a chance for me. 

21 year old good pace, can play anywhere across the front free, works extremely hard for the team. 

With him been at wolves will be used to playing at a decent level. 

And will know Connor Ronan too 😉

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Only player on this pitch I’d consider for certain is Robbie Deas. Clark if he was happy to be a backup and Rooney at the firmest of pushes.

Yeah very good player, left footed centre half that is a good ball player. 

Was at Celtic when he was young, would be a good addition to our squad. 

The Bodo glimt model picking up local talent in the domestic league. 

And adding quality players that are free agents from other foreign teams. 

They would be better coming to us and playing, than wasting there careers on the bench for the Zombies or the Filth. 

Edit can play left back too bonus 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

19 minutes ago, briever said:

It really was bewildering that Kirk never got a start in the last 5 matches - the risk reward from playing him speaks for itself.

Just a wee boy 👦 

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, Badonde said:

I’d be going all out for Dylan levitt 

Yeah very impressed with him like simms won't be short of offers. 

Uncle Buck
20 minutes ago, briever said:

He’s injured but ok.

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we want Ellis it will cost us more than we can afford. 

May need to pay all of his wage but we could afford another loan. Down to Everton to decide. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***