*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Tin hat on. If we want European experience, what about Bitton. Released from Celtic and unlike Davis is only 30. If Haring leaves and a deal can be done… cover at CB too. 

Bitton would be a good signing but too rich for our blood. He'd get 10k a week back in his homeland. That's the standard though.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They’ve known who they want since January 

Good, hopefully they can sign them now.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I know. Its worse than the rumour i tried to start the other day.

what rumour was that?

Dick Dastardly
41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

what rumour was that?

I just plucked a semi random name out of the ethers to see if it would gain some traction. Can't even remember the name, to be honest. I was getting fed up of just reading about Shankland and Forrest. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Rangers are shedding some players Jack is one I would go for, like Rogic has plenty to offer despite being a bit older.

Likely out of our reach tho and Jack seems to be still in their plans, although that could change over the summer.

Folk need to stop thinking we won't sign any older players or that all older players will end up like Whelan as well.

Takes all kind of players,  currently our best player is also the oldest.

Man o man, not that f'n old. We going to try to vacuum up every glesgie cast off?

I'll be hoping for a lot more originality than that.

I would love to keep Simms for another season.

I don't see him making it in the Premier League.

He's perfect for up here though. Wins every header and scores goals. 

But he is too slow for the EPL and actually on the slow side for up here. It was very obvious in the final against Rangers because their players had him for pace every time he tried to carry the ball into the box. 

This summer I'd like to see him really work on his pace and fitness if he was to be staying. If he had another yard he'd tear this league apart.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I'd like to see us go in for regan charles Cook from Ross County. 

It irritates me that clubs like Ross County can find gems like him from foreign markets and we no longer are able to. 

Get in those foreign markets savage. 

Agentjambo
8 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

It irritates me that clubs like Ross County can find gems like him from foreign markets and we no longer are able to. 

He came from England….

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 ***
48 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We’ve signed players from the A-League and were linked heavily with a Japanese player. Charles-Cook was also signed from England.

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

I would love to keep Simms for another season.

I don't see him making it in the Premier League.

He's perfect for up here though. Wins every header and scores goals. 

But he is too slow for the EPL and actually on the slow side for up here. It was very obvious in the final against Rangers because their players had him for pace every time he tried to carry the ball into the box. 

This summer I'd like to see him really work on his pace and fitness if he was to be staying. If he had another yard he'd tear this league apart.

I dont think Simms is slow at all. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Man o man, not that f'n old. We going to try to vacuum up every glesgie cast off?

I'll be hoping for a lot more originality than that.

They generally have the best players so to ignore them would be stupid. 

Some of our better players have been of cast offs. 

Jc, MacPherson, Halkett, Hickey, McKay have all came from them. 

Even Gordon! 

If available we should be in. 

Rogic ( although not happening) is hardly a cast off, Johnstone is a guy needing more 1st team football and forest is a international winger along with Jack who is one of Scotlands better players. 

If available we should definitely be sniffing around them. 

Unfortunately, the reality is we probably aren't of interest to these types and can't afford them. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Me neither, his first touch in particular with his back to goal is his issue. 

Can be honking. 

Tbf, he's maybe not got the best acceleration, but once going he's not slow. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yep would take Jack in a heartbeat, I think they will hold onto him though, that's the standard of player that we should be looking at though, we also need players to improve the quality of our squad, we need guys who can come off that bench and make an impact and change and win games for us, that was the difference yesterday Rangers brought on Jack and Wright and they both scored and won them the game, we brought on Gino and GMS who contributed nothing, it's difficult when we don't have nearly as much money as the OF, I totally get that but surely there are players, who are top players and at smaller clubs who would jump at the chance to come to us even if it is as a squad player to challenge for a first team spot, especially with our European games next season, guys like Charles Cook, Ronan etc would be good additions imo.

Agreed. 

I'm still hoping for a nonsense signing like Wilshiere, he's been playing in Denmark since January out of contract and on £5k a week. 

Rogic as well. 

Jack, Wilshiere and Rogic 😂😂😂😂😂 in the middle for us with Devlin as back up and Benni to give us 4 quality options. 

I'll put the glue down now. 

On a more serious note Johnstone is someone who is Likley more within our reach, even possibly A Forest if his bums out the window and he wants to stay in Scotland.... Maybe team up with his brother. 😎

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, OTT said:

Tin hat on. If we want European experience, what about Bitton. Released from Celtic and unlike Davis is only 30. If Haring leaves and a deal can be done… cover at CB too. 

Get Bitton and Rogic in. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Depends if he ends up 4th/5th choice and can leave. 

Unlikely for various reasons but things change. 

I don't think he'll be in the Ozies managers long term plans, my Celtic mates think his time is up as well. 

You are correct - Long shot and unlikely tho. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Depends if he ends up 4th/5th choice and can leave. 

Unlikely for various reasons but things change. 

I don't think he'll be in the Ozies managers long term plans, my Celtic mates think his time is up as well. 

You are correct - Long shot and unlikely tho. 

Thought it was a very weird contract to dish out. Remember that posting on here he’d be a player worth looking at and literally the next day they’ve given him a new contract 😂

Celtic fans weren’t too impressed and it doesn’t look like he’s in their managers plans so beyond that making sure he doesn’t leave on a free, I can’t think of why they’ve extended his deal.

Dick Dastardly
46 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Me neither, his first touch in particular with his back to goal is his issue. 

Can be honking. 

Tbf, he's maybe not got the best acceleration, but once going he's not slow. 

You could be right about his acceleration.

His first touch is much better than when he first came, obviously improving with games

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You could be right about his acceleration.

His first touch is much better than when he first came, obviously improving with games

It has. 

Improved quite a bit. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thought it was a very weird contract to dish out. Remember that posting on here he’d be a player worth looking at and literally the next day they’ve given him a new contract 😂

Celtic fans weren’t too impressed and it doesn’t look like he’s in their managers plans so beyond that making sure he doesn’t leave on a free, I can’t think of why they’ve extended his deal.

He's been there for years and will still get used as back up as things stand, but depending on their summer activity he could be told that he's free to leave if be wants. 

IMO his days are numbered at celtic. 

Still a long shot tho for various reasons. 

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Firstly RCC came from England. Secondly, where do you think we got Devlin and Atkinson from?? 

Edited by Batistuta87

What about Jamie McGrath as a creative midfielder? He doesn't seem to have been getting a game with Wigan following his move from St Mirren in January.

Thought Police
12 hours ago, Wilson said:

Or a swap with Harry Souttar...

Folk won't like that, was cutting about Seville with a Rangers top on according to Ian McCall yesterday.

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Jurek said:

What about Jamie McGrath as a creative midfielder? He doesn't seem to have been getting a game with Wigan following his move from St Mirren in January.

yeah decent player.  Not the quickest but would be a good option

12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He never showed any pace yesterday. He didn’t have to. Most of the work was done on the wings, Davis was there to receive and pass it on, which he done to very good effect. But he’s allowed to do that in the Scottish league at a club like Rangers who have all the possession. He would not be given that time with us. If you had the same starting line ups and tactics yesterday and swapped Haring and Davis, Davis would have had a crap game. His wages, his ridiculous age for an outfield player and his abilities in a team with the tactics we’ll need to adopt mean there’s not a chance we should sign him, never mind even if we could.

Correct.

Davis is a good clever player in a dominant team but, like Barrie McKay, he would not be allowed to play his own game with us.  At 37 he might give us something different for a season but in reality he would be more of a sticking plaster than a cure and that's before we sit down to discuss the amount of his wage drop.

cosanostra

Harry Souttar is recovering from an ACL rupture and he was linked with Spurs and Everton for £10m not long ago. 

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He isn't. According to KB everyone is too slow.

Just been rereading an article in the Hootsman that made me think (always a good thing), “The mood in the club was very low but Jim signed Gilles Rousset, Stefano Salvatori and Pasquale Bruno and the place got a huge lift.” That's one Frenchman and two Italians. Maybe that's what we need to prepare us for European glory.

Just now, Jurek said:

Just been rereading an article in the Hootsman that made me think (always a good thing), “The mood in the club was very low but Jim signed Gilles Rousset, Stefano Salvatori and Pasquale Bruno and the place got a huge lift.” That's one Frenchman and two Italians. Maybe that's what we need to prepare us for European glory.

We already have the Frenchman - Damour

innerjambo
10 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

He isn't. According to KB everyone is too slow.

Simms isn't too slow at all, but generally if you look at Saturday's game, most of our players were 2 yards off the pace compared to Sevco players. That's it in a nutshell.

19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We already have the Frenchman - Damour

Oooh that hurt!

13 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He never showed any pace yesterday. He didn’t have to. Most of the work was done on the wings, Davis was there to receive and pass it on, which he done to very good effect. But he’s allowed to do that in the Scottish league at a club like Rangers who have all the possession. He would not be given that time with us. If you had the same starting line ups and tactics yesterday and swapped Haring and Davis, Davis would have had a crap game. His wages, his ridiculous age for an outfield player and his abilities in a team with the tactics we’ll need to adopt mean there’s not a chance we should sign him, never mind even if we could.

I noticed on Sat every time Bassey or Tavernier went forward Davis pulled back and covered either LB or RB. He didn't have to do much leg work as he had runners around him. I agree that i'm not sure he'd offer much as we need more energy in the middle of the park for the way we try to play.

Just now, RS86 said:

I noticed on Sat every time Bassey or Tavernier went forward Davis pulled back and covered either LB or RB. He didn't have to do much leg work as he had runners around him. I agree that i'm not sure he'd offer much as we need more energy in the middle of the park for the way we try to play.

Im not hugely in favour of Davis. Whelan was piss poor and Hughes wasn’t really much use, so not keen to top up someone’s pension pot with no affinity for the club. 

However, in terms of energy, Devlin buzzes about enough for 3 players 😂 In a 4231 or 433, Davis could make up more Devlins poorer positional discipline with Devlin making up for his lack of movement? 

Just playing devils advocate 👍

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Would take Davis. Even on a one year contract.

I’d rather ask Rogic or Bitton if we’re looking for that kind of experience. Rogic in particular was superb last season and would be a terrific signing. Can’t actually believe Celtic are letting him go

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t think we need anymore Hun sympathisers at the club tbh. 

So we wrinting off 80% of the country by not considering rangers or Celtic ex players or fans. Despite ex rangers and Celtic players being amongst some of the greatest figures in the history of our club.

😆🫣

Ainsley Harriott

There's no chance we are the slightest bit interested in Davis. Goes against everything Joe Savage has outlined as the type of players we go after.

Clark Griswold

Would take Davis even for his experience alone - we will need squad players for the Euro exploits. If he still has a season in him, I'd give him a 1 year deal.

Italian Lambretta
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t think we need anymore Hun sympathisers at the club tbh. 

Exactly can you imagine the conversation between Neilson and McCullough on sat as plan A went out the window.

I wonder which one them thought that Rangers would tire after 90minutes.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There's no chance we are the slightest bit interested in Davis. Goes against everything Joe Savage has outlined as the type of players we go after.

I think we will need to sign 10 players to offset those we will lose and increase the squad size to a level that can still compete in the league and play in Europe.

they won’t all be young up and coming players imo.  They will be in the main but i think we have room for a couple of experienced players 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***