*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can't stay stagnant, you become stagnant. If you don't think we have improved from last season, your more idiotic than I thought.

I'd better watch in case you call me lazy, or is that word just reserved for players like Simms?

Mate honestly do not take the bait 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

After today it's made me think we are needing a good bit of recruitment done tbh, I would actually look to shift

GMS,Gino,Mceneff and Stewart

I would not renew the loans of 

Moore,Cochrane and Woodburn,

Also we have already moved Walker and Souttar on and Popescu should be gone too

So that's 10 first team players away 

And Haring and Simms still not re-signed yet so really it could be 12 away.

If all of the above happens then that would only leave us with 

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

Smith Devlin Beni(injured) Halliday

Atkinson Boyce McKay 

That's only 11 1st team ready players left that are signed and 1 is injured!

I feel we need a squad of around 24/25 1st team players because of the Europe games next year and then we should have youth to back up after that, so for me we need to sign at least 13 players.

We need imo

1 x solid back up GK

2 x CH (Wright and another?)

1 x LWB/LB (1st choice)

1 x RWB/RB (1st choice)

2 x CM (only 1 if Haring signs)

1 x CAM (Number 10, upgrade on Boyce)

2 x RW/RST (Ogashiwa and Forrest?)

1 x LW/LST (RCC?)

2 x CF ( Simms and Shankland?)

If we get that and get the right quality in then we should be able to improve on this season.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No

Because  you can’t.

cruyff,sooks and you are playing a blinder 🙏🏻

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But what about the mythical 'next level'? 

I think the next level is exactly that, consolidating 3rd, putting on strong showings in the cups etc. 

One thing to consider is this was a team thats just been promoted, we've not got the prize money for finishing 3rd to invest yet so we're stuck with hot and cold players like Gino or GMS. 

I'm not for a second saying we should start chucking money away on big transfers, but if we can use that reserve to bid a bit higher for transfers we really want then it could be the difference and help us really begin to consolidate 3rd long term which isn't something we've been able to do for a long, long time. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can sign all the player's in the world, won't make a difference with that Loser in charge. 

The one who led us to our best season in years?

Moore 

Cochrane

Woodburn 

will pack up and leave Edinburgh on Monday can’t seeing any them coming back next season I’m sure we could do better. 

Gino isn’t good enough either GMS Stewart too.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, CMc said:

The one who led us to our best season in years?

The one that achieved what Jack Ross did last year yes, the one that is claimed a messiah even though hibs won a Scottish cup as a championship team under stubbs, but to some finishing 3rd is a better achievement. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

The one that achieved what Jack Ross did last year yes, the one that is claimed a messiah even though hibs won a Scottish cup as a championship team under stubbs, but to some finishing 3rd is a better achievement. 

The one with the best win percentage of any hearts manager to complete a full season? That loser?

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, CMc said:

The one with the best win percentage of any hearts manager to complete a full season? That loser?

What trophy does he have to show for that achievement may i ask? 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What trophy does he have to show for that achievement may i ask? 

The championship trophy. Twice. 

C6B97828-02DE-45E9-A308-32DEA806A8CA.jpeg

Edited by CMc

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, CMc said:

The championship trophy. Twice. 

C6B97828-02DE-45E9-A308-32DEA806A8CA.jpeg

And we say big team big cup wee team what?

Embarssing mentality within our fanbase. 

jambopilms
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mods FFS , blatant trolling from a Hibs fan

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lol. 

First you use loser to describe someone who wins a lot. 

Then you ask a rhetorical question implying he’s not won any trophies. (did you forget, aye?). 

Then you go back to the usual straw man/false premise schtick. 

You asked a closed question. I answered. Doing well to make an inference from a statement of fact. 

steven_mck
26 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

After today it's made me think we are needing a good bit of recruitment done tbh, I would actually look to shift

GMS,Gino,Mceneff and Stewart

I would not renew the loans of 

Moore,Cochrane and Woodburn,

Also we have already moved Walker and Souttar on and Popescu should be gone too

So that's 10 first team players away 

And Haring and Simms still not re-signed yet so really it could be 12 away.

If all of the above happens then that would only leave us with 

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

Smith Devlin Beni(injured) Halliday

Atkinson Boyce McKay 

That's only 11 1st team ready players left that are signed and 1 is injured!

I feel we need a squad of around 24/25 1st team players because of the Europe games next year and then we should have youth to back up after that, so for me we need to sign at least 13 players.

We need imo

1 x solid back up GK

2 x CH (Wright and another?)

1 x LWB/LB (1st choice)

1 x RWB/RB (1st choice)

2 x CM (only 1 if Haring signs)

1 x CAM (Number 10, upgrade on Boyce)

2 x RW/RST (Ogashiwa and Forrest?)

1 x LW/LST (RCC?)

2 x CF ( Simms and Shankland?)

If we get that and get the right quality in then we should be able to improve on this season.

Isn't it too much change in a single window? This would seriously unsettle the squad and pretty much starting from scratch. I thought all Hearts fans agreed that we wanted to get away from those days of huge player turnovers. Wouldn't it be better and more stable to have a few players leave and a few quality or useful squad players coming in rather than drastically replacing most of the entire squad.

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But what about the mythical 'next level'? 

It's not going to happen next season. It'll take 2-3 seasons of gradual improvement to get to that stage. 

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes indeed the gap is gigantic unfortunately but I am really looking forward to next season because I firmly believe we will be a lot better than the pretty good side we are this season

We've got a good squad, better than everyone outwith the OF.

We've come a long way in a short period of time. Neilson has done a tremendous job in getting us back to where we should be but there is ample room for improvement. 

Fortunately we have money and a lot of players are leaving so there's the potential to re-shape the squad to play in a different way. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Two Championships.

Got us back in the big leagues after other losers put us there.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's not going to happen next season. It'll take 2-3 seasons of gradual improvement to get to that stage. 

We've come a long way in a short period of time. Neilson has done a tremendous job in getting us back to where we should be but there is ample room for improvement. 

Fortunately we have money and a lot of players are leaving so there's the potential to re-shape the squad to play in a different way. 

Also I know I drone on about this but our players playing in Europe and for Scotland will see them improve too

Every signing me make has to be with the intention of getting someone better than we already have. (Clearly it doesn’t always work out like that but that should be the aim)

The chat about Shankland fills me with no confidence at all. Just going to end up filling the squad with more players that aren’t better than what we already have. But let’s see what happens.

Phil D. Corners
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tough day, but this is where I’m at. 

A lot of players talk about the project and I see the club bringing in 3-4 quality players in each window which gives me confidence we’re moving in a good direction. 

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, OTT said:

if we're going to play a 343 of real quality. 

Please, no. Get the 343 in the bin, the 4231 works far better. 

Dick Dastardly
27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Simms again for a nother season would be brilliant and if we can get the right players around a bout him we are in a very good place 

A loan at least would be ideal. He was pretty poor in the second half today but outwith that he has been improving so much since he first came. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A loan at least would be ideal. He was pretty poor in the second half today but outwith that he has been improving so much since he first came. 

He was booked for **** all after a bout three minutes and he had to watch how he played and he was totally knackered by the end of the game he was so isolated after Boyce went off too ……………. He is a really good player we just need to get the right players around him and he will score a lot of goals for us if he comes back

8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah, I think we need to go in a direction very clearly. Whether that is 4231, 343, 352, 442, 433 etc. I think Robbie needs to have a think about how he wants his players to play and sign according to that. Boyce isn't suited to a 343 and square pegs in round holes aren't helpful.

The current squad I don't think fits into that formation very well. 

Malinga the Swinga
54 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Because  you can’t.

cruyff,sooks and you are playing a blinder 🙏🏻

While you and Bongo pick up each others posts like user with multiple accounts.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He was booked for **** all after a bout three minutes and he had to watch how he played and he was totally knackered by the end of the game he was so isolated after Boyce went off too ……………. He is a really good player we just need to get the right players around him and he will score a lot of goals for us if he comes back

Simms wasn't booked, was he? Haring was booked early on but i can't remember Simms getting a card

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Simms wasn't booked, was he? Haring was booked early on but i can't remember Simms getting a card

I thought it was Haring at the time but I asked my mate and he was convinced it was Simms we were far away

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You are correct sorry DD it was Haring 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Sooks said:

I thought it was Haring at the time but I asked my mate and he was convinced it was Simms we were far away

Na it was Haring. I was watching it on tv. I thought it was harsh at first but the replay showed it was late on Basseys ankle. I think it was Bassey anyway

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are correct sorry DD it was Haring 

There is a first for everything! 😁

Phil D. Corners
49 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

Every signing me make has to be with the intention of getting someone better than we already have. (Clearly it doesn’t always work out like that but that should be the aim)

The chat about Shankland fills me with no confidence at all. Just going to end up filling the squad with more players that aren’t better than what we already have. But let’s see what happens.

Shankland would improve this squad because we don’t have many strikers/poachers. 

Of course other strikers are available. 

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

When you can’t be bothered to run 5 yards to press a centre back once in a match,that’s lazy.Understand now?

You’re describing the entire team who evidently were advised tactically to stand off and not press a team playing twice in three days (even in one of them was a flight away and in 35 degree heat). No idea why you’re singling Simms out on that one.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bob has 2x 3rd places in 2 full seasons in the top flight. 

Ross hasn't done that. 

Bet you see Doddie as a loser as well. 

You cannot be a Hearts fans. You are a joker. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

343 works when you have willing wing backs who can get up and attack and back to defend. I never liked the formation! Playing 3 CB I’d rather go with 4 at the back having Kingsley Left back Halkett 1 of the CB, I think we need to be in the market to replace Soapy wouldn’t be a good watch Sibbick playing every week CB. 

Unless Kingsley plays CB with Halkett and we go for a new Left back . I don’t think we will see Cochrane again

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

343 works when you have willing wing backs who can get up and attack and back to defend.

Yep, but unfortunately when those fullbacks get pinned in we don't have an out ball. I really hope we go back to the 4231 for next season, we looked much better playing that formation this season. Another thing I dislike about the 343 is our midfield gets overrun, it's usually 2 vs 3 in the middle. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why don’t we just cancel this transfer window.

Sounds like it will just be an expensive waste of time 😂😂

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, CMc said:

Lol. 

First you use loser to describe someone who wins a lot. 

Then you ask a rhetorical question implying he’s not won any trophies. (did you forget, aye?). 

Then you go back to the usual straw man/false premise schtick. 

You asked a closed question. I answered. Doing well to make an inference from a statement of fact. 

Hearts top achievements last 10 years a Scottish cup win, or winning the Scottish championship? 

It's not even comparable the Scottish championship well done mate 😂.

Pasquale for King

I would let all the loanees go back, apart from Simms who we should try and keep. 
We need at least one striker even if Simms returns. 
Another winger. 
A LWB, a CH and another midfielder even if Haring stays. 
A better back up GK if Stone isn’t ready. 
Six possibly seven players, most of whom have to be better than what we currently have. 
Over to you Joe 👍🏽👏🏾🤞

Bongo 1874
44 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bob has 2x 3rd places in 2 full seasons in the top flight. 

Ross hasn't done that. 

Bet you see Doddie as a loser as well. 

You cannot be a Hearts fans. You are a joker. 

Ross is dross, and Robbie is 💩

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why don’t we just cancel this transfer window.

Sounds like it will just be an expensive waste of time 😂😂

We've got loadsamoney. 

Aussie Jambo

We definitely need Midfield & Front players. 

Couple of defenders. Mmm.. 🤔 maybe just another 11 new players on top of what we have. Agree let the loaners go apart from Simms. He should be our first signing.

He’s still young and only going to improve. 

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts top achievements last 10 years a Scottish cup win, or winning the Scottish championship? 

It's not even comparable the Scottish championship well done mate 😂.

Straw man argument. 

You are arguing with points that haven’t been made. 

Definitely, going to be a big summer. Going to need at least 10 signings.

The likes of Shankland and Forrest are decent signings to improve our options off the bench. I am convinced that we will also be looking for better than them in their positions too. I certainly don’t think they are  the ceiling of our ambitions like some are suggesting. 

We need to build a bigger and better squad. For me we have seen enough to know a lot of this year’s squad are not going to cut it moving forward- Gino, GMS, Woodburn, Mcaneff, Moore.

I’m also very unsure whether I’d try and get Cochrane back, he has been fairly decent at times, but he is never a wing back, only suited to being a left back in a back 4.

Exciting summer ahead. 

3 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

The likes of Shankland and Forrest are decent signings to improve our options off the bench. I am convinced that we will also be looking for better than them in their positions too. I certainly don’t think they are  the ceiling of our ambitions like some are suggesting. 

We need to build a bigger and better squad. For me we have seen enough to know a lot of this year’s squad are not going to cut it moving forward- Gino, GMS, Woodburn, Mcaneff, Moore.

I’m also very unsure whether I’d try and get Cochrane back, he has been fairly decent at times, but he is never a wing back, only suited to being a left back in a back 4.

Exciting summer ahead. 

Would broadly agree. 

Re Cochrane, he was 21 for the majority of this season (just turned 22 last month). 

I agree that the defensive side of his game is better than his contribution in the final third. 

However, I definitely think he’ll improve. Not having competition for your place at 21/22 is not healthy. Kingsley is theoretically that player, but has been needed at CB virtually all season. 

I think if he’s come through our academy to debut at 21. We’d have considered this a successful first season, even if he has a fair bit to work on. 

If we could sign him long term and bring in a more attack minded player to compete, we’d be in good shape in that area imo. 

Aussie Jambo
7 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Exciting summer ahead. 

Agreed. I said 11 but 10-11 new players. We will need every single player. 

image.gif.fa8589e17c68f31a5be39057d8647e7d.gif

Gordon Ramsay

Slept on it. Still extremely disappointed with that yesterday. Totally toothless going forward. 

We need a big clear out, again. Also need some real top quality players if we are going to compete on all fronts next season. Still too much dross in our squad. 

Bazzas right boot

Our transfer window will be about improving on this season and making 3rd ours Again

The players we get will have that in mind. 

The Of will be miles ahead again and will beat us more often than not. 

Folk need to forget about catching celtic or Rangers at this time. 

We've not finished 3rd twice in a row since CL's first spell. That's the reality. 

Consolidate 3rd, get into Europe and improve over 3/4 seasons and see how close we can get. 

We don't need a whole new squad to get 3rd again, but we do need a few good players of quality, more strength in depth and to not only replace but add to the numbers leaving. 

It will be exciting, but we aren't going to be near rangers or celtic. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ross is dross, and Robbie is 💩

You are way too happy when we get beat as it allows you to post stuff like this. 

More and more I find it hard to believe you support Hearts as you  simply seem to enjoy defeats too much. 

Do you have a season ticket? 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***