*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

14 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

I would absolutely take him if the deal was right for both parties.  

I know he is knocking on a bit in footballing terms but can't doubt his qualities to hopefully cement 3rd as early as possible.  Would be good to have a player who has played a good level for guys like to Gino to hopefully learn from too.

Same. He has just turned 34 in September so not sure what kind of pace he has left in him, but if he's still quick enough to play on the wing then he could be quite useful. His delivery is excellent and definitely much better than anyone we have currently, and he'd give another threat from a dead ball. If he's not got the pace any more then I'd imagine he'd be very good in a number 10 role up here where he can sit and dictate play, take players on, and have a pop from distance. 

Just a short term deal initially though. Unless he's class, in which case I'd give him a season. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i mean he did say he was looking forward to the prospect of European football with Hearts...

Why do you think that? I didnt know much about him beforehand, is he close to breaking through, or is he another Beni?

He's well within budget according to transfermarkt

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Musemic said:

Surprised that so many folk are suggesting we need a new LWB when it's clear that Kingsley is perfectly suited to that position. Well as he's played this season I think playing CB curtails his natural attacking instincts so I'd be moving him to LWB and signing two proper hard b...d CBs, a better CM than Haring and two speedy forwards with goal threat (if we can keep Simms he'd be one of those). We also need to start the succession planning for CG so a keeper in his mid-late 20s would be great if Harry Stone isn't going to be ready for a couple of seasons.

You are right of course but for some reason he’s not been played there, even last season at LB he didn’t venture forward a hell of a lot. 
I don’t think his fitness it’s up to playing LWB and bombing up and down all the time. 

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He's well within budget according to transfermarkt

yep saw that too. Considering Kevin Nisbet is worth 2 million according to the Hibs con artists, we should be pushing the boat out to sign him. With third finish we could afford it

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

better with Bruce Forsyth

Tbf, He'd ghost through defences. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jimmy Dunne,

Kyle Lafferty

Lawrence Shankland

We will sign some players nobody here knew about. End of topic

Aye, maybe Jimmy Shankland or Kyle Dunne

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Robert Snodgrass open to moving back up north. Couple of Facebook news sites have mentioned us, Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and Livi as possible destinations.

Would we take him? Even just for the rest of the season? 

We do need a Bit of experience. 

We have a very young team. 

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jimmy Dunne,

Kyle Lafferty

Lawrence Shankland

We will sign some players nobody here knew about. End of topic

Pfffft keep up 🤨

Naisys Tackle
22 hours ago, sadj said:

**** off there is not one Hibs defender I would take. Rocky looked an utter bombscare when he wasnt hiding behind other hibs defenders. Its like he thought he was man marking them. Porteous is just a ****ing idiot , the rest (unless you count Cadden as a WB and therefore a defender are just 😑)

You might want to apologise, for the abuse to begin with but then acknowledge Sibbick is on the same level as all them you've just described if not worse. 

For all the ***** on here that rip Daniel Stendel, people think Sibbick is decent based on two games under....... and zero since he's signed. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Players who will still be here come August and most likely start (injury free)

Gordon

Sibbick

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Devlin

Beni

McKay ?

Players who will still be here who shouldn’t start (if not sold)

Boyce

McKay ?

GMS

Ginnelly

McEneff

smith

Will be a busy window.

Edited by HeartsandonlyHearts

Souttar and Haring will leave at their own request.

Halliday can find a new club….at our request.

Woodbury, Moore, Cochrane and Simms will be sent back to their respective clubs.

McEneff, GMS and Ginnelly can all leave too.

That’s 10 out…..and we need about 12 new to replace them and further strengthen.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Souttar and Haring will leave at their own request.

Halliday can find a new club….at our request.

Woodbury, Moore, Cochrane and Simms will be sent back to their respective clubs.

McEneff, GMS and Ginnelly can all leave too.

That’s 10 out…..and we need about 12 new to replace them and further strengthen.

apart from Souttar and Simms I really am not bothered about the rest.

Haring at his own request 🤣🤣🤣 after last night he should be on his knees begging to sign. Anyone watching that against a bottom side would never sign him

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

apart from Souttar and Simms I really am not bothered about the rest.

Haring at his own request 🤣🤣🤣 after last night he should be on his knees begging to sign. Anyone watching that against a bottom side would never sign him

By his own request….I mean I think he’s already decided to move on.

Haring had a decent enough first half when he had the freedom of the pitch but just couldn’t cope when Dundee decided to press us in the second half.

He’ll do ok in less frantic league.

Absolutely no interest in either Bruce Anderson or Alan Forrest after yesterday. Hadn't seen a lot of them so hadn't really commented on folks' shouts to sign them, but they were both absolutely shite. 

Just read about Gnando and Uche  having sell ons.   Plus other clauses.  Must have made a decent return on Uche and hopefully Gnando in future.    Anyone else we can sell? :lol:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gnanduillet-clause-can-earn-hearts-cash-like-ikpeazu-deal-3562255

Edited by HMFC01

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely no interest in either Bruce Anderson or Alan Forrest after yesterday. Hadn't seen a lot of them so hadn't really commented on folks' shouts to sign them, but they were both absolutely shite. 

I'd take Forrest.   Anderson not hitting enough form yet.   Anderson had a good game  two week ago ☺ 

My tuppence worth.    In general the defensive players Joe has identified and signed have been good - Atkinson, Devlin, Beni & Sibbick - and the loan players have been decent (Cochrane, Moore).   

However I'd question what Robbie & Joe talk about when looking for attacking players, based on the Gnando & McEneff examples  (Woodburn too as a loan signing). 

Both were introduced as quality signings who would improve us.   Gnando's head went down after a few  games when it was clear he didn't suit our playing style.   McEneff was hailed as the proverbial box-to-box midfielder, but hasn't shown it - and now can't get a regular game.   How did this happen ?   Is our playing style so rigid that players who've been decent at other clubs find it hard to shine ?      If so, why are Joe & Robbie signing guys who shine in a team which doesn't play our style without looking into their ability to adapt to the way we play  ?

Ellis looks like a good loan signings, but so far it looks like he's not much good as a target man to lump balls up to.   He got dominated by the Dundee defence in the 2nd half when we resorted to this.    It looks like his strength is making runs to receive the ball on the deck and firing in shots - which is good to see - but we don't offer enough of these passes to him.

In short, Robbie's match tactics don't seem to fit well with the main attributes of these 4 players.   For the next window, Joe & Robbie need to get more in tune with each other.  A winger with  high percentage stats for crossing and shooting on target  ......   an attacking midfielder who gets close to Boyce and makes runs beyond..... etc.  

McKay is an exception, thankfully - really good when he gets running, able to beat players and get into dangerous positions, and can fire off a decent shot or pass.    Pretty much our most dangerous player.  Why Robbie thinks subbing him to give Gino or GMS a shot is beyond me.

Edited by Lone Striker

16 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I'd take Forrest.   Anderson not hitting enough form yet.   Anderson had a good game  two week ago ☺ 

Forrest done absolutely nothing on Sat. Didn't even know he was playing until they took him off. 

Anderson was guff too. I'd much rather have Van Veen from Motherwell who is starting to look really good. I love a striker that just pulls the trigger as soon as he gets the chance. Boyce was frustrating taking extra touches and trying to show the defender one way or another. Noticed Van Veen did none of that v Aberdeen and just looked to face goal and have a pop any time he got the ball. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

My tuppence worth.    In general the defensive players Joe has identified and signed have been good - Atkinson, Devlin, Beni & Sibbick - and the loan players have been decent (Cochrane, Moore).   

However I'd question what Robbie & Joe talk about when looking for attacking players, based on the Gnando & McEneff examples  (Woodburn too as a loan signing). 

Both were introduced as quality signings who would improve us.   Gnando's head went down after a few  games when it was clear he didn't suit our playing style.   McEneff was hailed as the proverbial box-to-box midfielder, but hasn't shown it - and now can't get a regular game.   How did this happen ?   Is our playing style so rigid that players who've been decent at other clubs find it hard to shine ?      If so, why are Joe & Robbie signing guys who shine in a team which doesn't play our style without looking into their ability to adapt to the way we play  ?

Ellis looks like a good loan signings, but so far it looks like he's not much good as a target man to lump balls up to.   He got dominated by the Dundee defence in the 2nd half when we resorted to this.    It looks like his strength is making runs to receive the ball on the deck and firing in shots - which is good to see - but we don't offer enough of these passes to him.

In short, Robbie's match tactics don't seem to fit well with the main attributes of these 4 players.   For the next window, Joe & Robbie need to get more in tune with each other.  A winger with  high percentage stats for crossing and shooting on target  ......   an attacking midfielder who gets close to Boyce and makes runs beyond..... etc.  

McKay is an exception, thankfully - really good when he gets running, able to beat players and get into dangerous positions, and can fire off a decent shot or pass.    Pretty much our most dangerous player.  Why Robbie thinks subbing him to give Gino or GMS a shot is beyond me.

Fair. 

If we finish 3rd, we'll see a step up in the recruitment quality again. 

IMO, we've missed out on a few targets and gap filled them with loans. 

With the extra money and incentive of European group stage football recruitment will be exciting and we have a better chance of getting the players in we want. 

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Just read about Gnando and Uche  having sell ons.   Plus other clauses.  Must have made a decent return on Uche and hopefully Gnando in future.    Anyone else we can sell? :lol:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gnanduillet-clause-can-earn-hearts-cash-like-ikpeazu-deal-3562255

We got over £300k for Uche. 

😂😂😂😂

On 09/02/2022 at 09:01, TexasAndy said:

I think Gino and GMS get serious game time and will feel part of the squad.  Maybe not so McEneff.  Simms could be loan extended another season.  I think Halliday is decent to have around as a squad player.  Let me put my first point another way.  This will be the first summer in a long time that we are not having to make wholesale changes to the team.  Squad comings and goings are inevitable but maybe an opportunity for the likes of Pollock to step up.  But basically in terms of the team we can look to add 2-3 quality players to bring the level up another notch.  

Miles off it guessing 2-3. We have 4 loan signings who will be replaced for a start. We also have Haring and Halliday potentially leave, both who have had plenty game time. We have a small squad so will be looking to increase the squad size too. Minimum of 6 required but could be as many as 8 or 9 .....

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Miles off it guessing 2-3. We have 4 loan signings who will be replaced for a start. We also have Haring and Halliday potentially leave, both who have had plenty game time. We have a small squad so will be looking to increase the squad size too. Minimum of 6 required but could be as many as 8 or 9 .....

Agree. Assuming none of the loans are made permanent and assuming nobody else leaves, I'd say we need 4-5 new faces. We'd also need to replace anyone who leaves - so if Haring and Halliday don't extend their contracts then there's another two, taking the total up to 6-8 potentially. `

Massive, massive summer ahead. 

27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree. Assuming none of the loans are made permanent and assuming nobody else leaves, I'd say we need 4-5 new faces. We'd also need to replace anyone who leaves - so if Haring and Halliday don't extend their contracts then there's another two, taking the total up to 6-8 potentially. `

Massive summer with the excitement of folk losing their minds on here when we don't have our business concluded before the Europa League qualifier!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Massive summer with the excitement of folk losing their minds on here when we don't have our business concluded before the Europa League qualifier!

It's clear that certain folk lose thier minds no matter what. 

They need the drama and create a crisis in their own head, can't contain it and spout it all over the Internet in a mini rage. 

Maybe it makes them feel better. 

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's clear that certain folk lose thier minds no matter what. 

They need the drama and create a crisis in their own head, can't contain it and spout it all over the Internet in a mini rage. 

Maybe it makes them feel better. 

Wonder if we won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd and then made the Europa League group stages we would still have folk pissing their pants about Neilson? 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wonder if we won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd and then made the Europa League group stages we would still have folk pissing their pants about Neilson? 

If we get that success, i will piss my pants for the sake of it.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we'd won that penalty shoot out, this message board would have been cleaned up. 

I honestly think there are rabids who would have been gutted on some level had we won it. 

They'll deny it, Ofc. 

39 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we'd won that penalty shoot out, this message board would have been cleaned up. 

I honestly think there are rabids who would have been gutted on some level had we won it. 

They'll deny it, Ofc. 

Definitely a few gutted that we're 3rd and progressing in the Scottish Cup ...

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I doubt nobody else will leave. No specific reason other than folk leave. Reading between the lines, I’d reckon Gino and GMS will need to improve or they are at risk of being punted out on loan or sold. 

9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair. 

If we finish 3rd, we'll see a step up in the recruitment quality again. 

IMO, we've missed out on a few targets and gap filled them with loans. 

With the extra money and incentive of European group stage football recruitment will be exciting and we have a better chance of getting the players in we want. 

Spending more money on better players yet keeping a limited manager/coach seems a waste of time to me.

There is a UEFA cup competition on the horizon and the more points we get the bigger the payout.

If we stand still we are in danger of being caught.

Captain Canada

I like the look of Van Veen at Motherwell too. He seems to be really annoying to play against and is a good finisher. 

It would be nice to have a striker with a bit more aggression and ability to really get under the skin of defenders and unsettle them. Most of the current team are too timid with the exception of Cammy and Halliday. 

SomethingAboutObua
13 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I like the look of Van Veen at Motherwell too. He seems to be really annoying to play against and is a good finisher. 

It would be nice to have a striker with a bit more aggression and ability to really get under the skin of defenders and unsettle them. Most of the current team are too timid with the exception of Cammy and Halliday. 

No thanks, had enough of near 30 year old big huddy strikers at Hearts to last me a lifetime 

26 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Aye, he seems to be very influential in their team - scoring goals and creating chances for  others.  Seems very mobile too.   He played under Grahame Alexander in England, so he'll now what the lad can do.       I agree that we need that sort of guy in the team, regardless of age.

34 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

No thanks, had enough of near 30 year old big huddy strikers at Hearts to last me a lifetime 

Didn't realise he was as old as 30. Although looking at his hairline it makes sense 🤣

We need box to box attacking, creative midfielders but we also need a change of formation from Robbie to use them properly.

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I'd prefer a younger version of him but my scouting network is limited! 

I don't know who we should get in but I'd love to see more passion, aggression and character up front. 

Playing against Boyce must be so easy as he drops deep a lot and typically gets poor service into the box when he is in there. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Insanity that Boro paid 1 million for him. 

Pretty sure the usual wallopers were greetin there eyes out as well about the club being shite and giving away players for free.

Another sign that certain folk just moan without having a clue.

Walter Bishop
On 08/02/2022 at 17:56, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Competition/Better cover for Gordon. 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Striker (surely at least 2)

What do we need? Who do we realistically want? 

If we are stuck with Robbie I’m going to assume we will play same way. We desperately need loads of pace, 2 decent quick wing backs, 1 box to box midfielder that can shoot, 3 forwards that can work their balls off for more than 60 mins and a miracle to replace Souttar. 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pretty sure the usual wallopers were greetin there eyes out as well about the club being shite and giving away players for free.

Another sign that certain folk just moan without having a clue.

That's not fair mate certain people like Robbie others don't. 

Down to many reasons. 

Robbie has us comfortably in 3rd and still in Scottish (pros 👍

Cons the last 3-4 games have been really poor and his style doesn't give many fans hope. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, that's what makes this forum good. 

Surely you can admit the last 3-4 games we haven't performed to the standards that are required?

I’m surprised that people think Rocky Bashiri is a good player. He has looked like a liability every time I’ve seen him. He looks completely pump.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's not fair mate certain people like Robbie others don't. 

Down to many reasons. 

Robbie has us comfortably in 3rd and still in Scottish (pros 👍

Cons the last 3-4 games have been really poor and his style doesn't give many fans hope. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, that's what makes this forum good. 

Surely you can admit the last 3-4 games we haven't performed to the standards that are required?

IMO weve been the better team v livi and Dundee but poor finishing has cost us wins. 

We also defended poorly v rangers and Dundee, so improvment is needed. 

Playing style is good, we play the best football outside the of. 

I do not think the likes of Aberdeen,  Motherwell, St Mirren,  Hibs etc play better football than us. 

In fact I know they don't.. 

Certain Folk don't like Bob. It's that simple. 

Staying with Uche, Many were moaning when he  left for free - they were wrong again. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

manaliveits105
17 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Definitely a few gutted that we're 3rd and progressing in the Scottish Cup ...

Some are non Hearts fans though that hang about  here for some strange reason 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

If we are stuck with Robbie I’m going to assume we will play same way. We desperately need loads of pace, 2 decent quick wing backs, 1 box to box midfielder that can shoot, 3 forwards that can work their balls off for more than 60 mins and a miracle to replace Souttar. 

IMO you won't be far off. 

Lwb will be needed. 

I see 2 midfielders coming in. 

If Simms leaves, at least 2 forwards. 

We won't replace Souttar with the same quality, but probably 2 defenders in. 

At least 1 more wide player as well. 

Hopefully with us being 3rd and in Europe we see another wee jump in the quality of recruitment. 

This is what I'm predicting/hoping will happen

Outs - 8 

Woodburn  - loan ends (not offered deal)

Moore - loan ends (not offered deal)

Halliday - contract expires (leaves)

Haring - contract expires (leaves)

Simms - loan ends ( try to renew loan for next season, but fail)

Mceneff - sold to a league 1 team for a small fee.

Ross Stewart - contract expires (leaves)

And obviously Souttar will join the buns in summer.

+ possibly a couple of fringe youth players released.

Ins - 9

Cochrane - signs a pre contract before end of this season.

We then need to recruit probably around 8 more players imo to compete.

Decent back up gk x 1 (strychek at Livi looks not too bad.

Central CH (competition for Halkett) x 1 

LWB x 1 

2 x CM (at least one of them has to be a decent box to box midfielder who chips in with goals)

1 x LW/ LST - Ogashiwa ? Possibly?

2 x Strikers - RCC maybe and another?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***