*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Too soon? 

Competition/Better cover for Gordon. 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Striker (surely at least 2)

What do we need? Who do we realistically want? 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Can I just be the first to say that I'm extremely concerned that we're less than 7 months from the window closing and we've still not signed anyone yet?  What are Savage and Neilson doing?

We have Halliday and Haring contract ending, and 4 loan players all returning to their home clubs as things stand.

Lets hope the pre - contract negotiations are in full swing

edit also forgot about STS.

Edited by merrymac

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Need cover for Gordon 

At least 2 centre backs

an attacking midfielder 

3 new forwards

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Centre back, LWB (weakest position on the pitch right now), AM /wide forward and CF (first choice) would be the starting point for me

I think we need players all over the park. Probably a LB/LWB, 2 CBs, at least 1 central midfielder (a box to  ox midfielder who can get past the striker(s), drive the team forward and chip in with some goals, essentially a Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley type player), a winger, 2 strikers and a goalkeeper. 

So looking at that 8 or 9 new players with at least 5 of them being good enough to go straight into the team. A lot of work, I'm sure the scouting team will already be on it.

25 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Never too soon Daza!! 😂

Once we know what’s happening with European competition etc we can plan I would imagine. Could be a huge changer in the market we will be looking at

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The attacking midfielder needs to be one who can also defend/get stuck in - we won’t be changing our primary formation unless something drastic happens as that is what we have been shopping for so far. But we do need one

We need a proper attacking left wingback. I would keep Cochrane as cover - he has done well over the piece and has shown decent instinct in the box.

A proper dominant footballing centre back to replace Souttar.

IMO we need 3 new attackers with pace and who can score - all of whom are better than what we have which IMO shouldn’t be that difficult. I’d keep Boyce for cover or certain games/experience.

I wouldn’t be shy to sell McKay if we got decent money to be honest. He has been great but realistically we need a goal threat from all of our attacking 3 in our formation and he just doesn’t bring that to the table. I like the guy but I would back the management to get better. If not great squad player to have. 

Sub keeper.

So that is 7 just off the top of my head.

But I reckon Beni will be sold. So he would need replaced.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Leveins Battalion
27 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I heard we are looking at a CB with injury history. Watch this space. :whistling:

Not really a scoop been in the news since last week.🤣

56 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Too soon? 

Centre back(s)

Wide Midfielder(s)

CM (s)

Thanks Daz. I was banned from the last one so this is very much welcomed!

I think we need a ball winning centre back, a couple of wingers who are more consistent than we have and a couple of strikers.

Left wing back

Centre half x 2

Striker

Upgrade attacking midfielder/Inside forward

We need to consider the loanees who will come back and whether they can add to the squad:

- Connor Smith

- Euan Henderson

- Chris Hamilton

- Scott McGill

- Aiden Denholm

We will need a bigger squad if we reach Europe and want to challenge on four fronts so I would like to see these guys kept rather than go back out on loan (If the club feel they are of the required standard of course).

Absolute Scenes

Focus on quality. A striker we spend good money on (or big wages) as well as getting Simms back. Decent CB coverage. Don’t think we need to go nuts. Same number with winter and summer transfers this season

We'll need a few. All depends on outgoings, but I would say we need a fair bit of backup and maybe one or two key players...:

1x GK 

1x LB 

1x CB (maybe 2x)

1x CM 

2x ST (or Simms back on SLL, +1)

2x R/LW 

I'm gonna give suggestions from elsewhere in Scotland, and some slightly left-field d ambitious shouts, Savage style. They'll be complete fantasy so don't be telling me how far out of reach someone is...

GK would be backup but still good enough to play. Brandon Austin 23yo looking likely to be released by Spurs and could be a shout. Left-field shout, Alfie Whiteman also from Spurs.

CB's.... Either one of Connor McCarthy from St Mirren, Bevis Mugabe from Motherwell, Jack Fitzwater from Livi would be decent options to have in the squad as backup to what will likely be our regular back three of Sibbick, Halkett and Kingsley. Left-field shout Naby Sarr from Huddersfield or Liam Lindsay from PNE. 

LB, Cochrane on a permanent deal would be decent but considering we would be due compo, we might look elsewhere. Left-field suggestion Kal Naismith from Luton (Halliday's BFF). 

CM... Liam Donnelly from Motherwell would be useful. Alan Campbell if he fancies coming back up the road. Left-field suggestion Joe Allen from Stoke to come and run the show. 

Winger wise, I'd take RCC from Ross County. Also very interred in Yann Dhanda after the chat in Jan. Left field suggestion Karamoko Dembele, Patrick Roberts. 

Strikers... Hard one. Think we're possibly in with a shout of getting Simms back for the full season and as it stands I would take him. Might need a third option and I'm looking at Eamonn Brophy and wondering if he might be an option as backup. Left-field shout is that we'll get back in touch with Elijah Adebayo. Really left-field shout is the Ueda laddie from J-League. 

In terms of contract renewals, we've done well there so far. I would like to keep Haring and Halliday and would offer both of them a 2y extension. Henderson has extended so might be the backup ST we're looking for. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

It's going to be quite a big turnaround again probably.

Woodburn, Moore, Cochrane and Simms loans end in summer. 

Halliday and Haring out of contract and Robbies comments about not made mind up about new contracts for them yet would put there Hearts futures in doubt,

Doubt we'd be hard to deal with for the likes of Mackay Steven or McEneff. 

Souttar already confirmed as leaving and Popescu, Damour and Walker will be off the wage bill.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Halliday and Haring out of contract and Robbies comments about not made mind up about new contracts for them yet would put there Hearts futures in doubt,

Souttar already confirmed as leaving and Popescu, Damour and Walker will be off the wage bill.

:jambobanana:

bigis semiauskas

I was hoping we were past the rebuild every summer but doesn’t look like it .

5 new forwards with Simms and Woodburn loans finished 

GMS,Boyce and Gino not good enough 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Robbie said . Have not entered into discussions or spoken to said players yet.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Leveins Battalion

In my opinion we need at least 1 quality CH, a left back,left winger,attacking midfielder,and 2 strikers.

Hope were in for Charles Cook.

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

In my opinion we need at least 1 quality CH, a left back,left winger,attacking midfielder,and 2 strikers.

Hope were in for Charles Cook.

Not to mention another keeper.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not to mention another keeper.

i agree with you on the need for an inspirational second choice keeper. No age bracket, just one who is similar or trained by Craig Gordon.

We need to match up like for like across the squad,

Edited by Factuer Moi

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Jimmy Dunne 

Bit slow off the mark to mention Jimmy.  People need to keep up ...pffft

Replacements for

Souttar

Moore

Cochrane

Woodburn

Simms

Possible replacements for 

Halliday

Haring

Walker

Improvements/like to have

backup keeper

playmaking midfielder

no9

that gives us 8-11 players coming in, possibly more if we get an acceptable bid for the likes of beni

Gordon, GK x 1, Stone

Atkinson, M.Smith, Sibbick, Halkett, CB x 2, Kingsley, LWB x 2

Baningime, Devlin, CM x 2

McKay, Gino, 3 x AM

Keep Simms, Boyce, CF x 1

SomethingAboutObua
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Can I just be the first to say that I'm extremely concerned that we're less than 7 months from the window closing and we've still not signed anyone yet?  What are Savage and Neilson doing?

If we don't sign anyone before the 1st of July then the transfer window and Savage have been a FAILURE. FACT. 

SomethingAboutObua

If Cochrane isn't comfortably displacing Halliday then I take it Neilson doesn't see him as good enough so a new LWB is maybe the priority for summer? Along with a new striker (Simms might extend? who knows of course) 

Starting LWB

Starting CB

Boyce challenger 

Backup GK/potentially Gordon's replacement if Stone isn't used at all next season 

Guest ToqueJambo

Move on/return to parent club: Halliday, GMS, Stewart, Woodburn

Try to resign/get on a perm: Haring, Cochrane, Simms

Not sure: Moore, Ginnelly, McEneff

Keep everyone else, give the likes of Pollock, Stone and Logan a chance to step up, and (depending on who leaves and stays) sign a CB (or two), LB/LWB, Striker, Winger/Wing forward x 2 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Poach the defender Hibs have on loan from whoever.   Regan Cooke too. 

The shite one or the injured and shite one?

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Poach the defender Hibs have on loan from whoever.   Regan Cooke too. 

I'm assuming you mean this kind of poaching

Poached Eggs : Domestic vs Professional | Aspiring Domestic Chef

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Jimmy Dunne 

Surely

Jimmy Dunne

Kyle Lafferty

Lawerence Shankland

and 

(insert 10 ex hearts players who played one good game this year in Uzbekistan or similar)

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***