Jump to content

*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Shankland signs ***


dazajmbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Again, the last clip has Davenport at the centre of it. This seems too purposeful for a deal not to already have been agreed I would say.

from that clip it looks like he's settled in and enjoying himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • RustyRightPeg

    929

  • Bazzas right boot

    741

  • Batistuta87

    612

  • Sooks

    895

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

from that clip it looks like he's settled in and enjoying himself.


Couldn’t get close to the ball once mind you… WAGE FEEF!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

Probably not as they would have agreed to have a look at him training all this week.

 

Maybe if he is in the stand at Easter Road on Sunday then there might be more in it.

 

For the meantime he is just training. It must be difficult to decide on taking a player just based on how he trains.

 

I would imagine they already know what he can do and are looking at if he is fit enought to play now.

I always feel like sometimes when we take these boys on a week trial before making a decision we're looking at more than just their ability. You have to imagine they'll also be looking to see how his personality fits in with the rest of the team who seem a proper close knit group now compared to years gone by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I always feel like sometimes when we take these boys on a week trial before making a decision we're looking at more than just their ability. You have to imagine they'll also be looking to see how his personality fits in with the rest of the team who seem a proper close knit group now compared to years gone by.

 

Plus, how's their fitness and sharpness? Are we looking at 2 months before they'll be in contention, can they come in and compete straight away, or somewhere in between?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

 

Plus, how's their fitness and sharpness? Are we looking at 2 months before they'll be in contention, can they come in and compete straight away, or somewhere in between?

Definitely, we've seen way too much of the former previously. Thankfully this seems to have been sorted massively since Robbie & Joe took the reigns

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I always feel like sometimes when we take these boys on a week trial before making a decision we're looking at more than just their ability. You have to imagine they'll also be looking to see how his personality fits in with the rest of the team who seem a proper close knit group now compared to years gone by.

 

Well of course that makes sense. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

 

Plus, how's their fitness and sharpness? Are we looking at 2 months before they'll be in contention, can they come in and compete straight away, or somewhere in between?

I guess you get to plan sessions that will stress test any historic injuries and then see how they react. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/08/2022 at 14:58, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He was flagged up by Allan Russell, who apparently had historic connections with Blackburn, Goodwin never interested, Aberdeen DNA Q & A with Goodwin. Hence why the interest in previous windows, when Goodwin was nowhere near Aberdeen

 

A semi-interesting development to this: I see Aberdeen are about to sign Leighton Clarkson, a defensive midfielder who played fewer games than Davenport for Blackburn last season. An interesting way to move onto new targets.

 

To be fair, he's 20 and Liverpool saw enough to give him a start in the CL a couple of years ago. Davenport certainly seemed to be viewed as the better player by Blackburn fans based on a quick Twitter search, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

 

A semi-interesting development to this: I see Aberdeen are about to sign Leighton Clarkson, a defensive midfielder who played fewer games than Davenport for Blackburn last season. An interesting way to move onto new targets.

 

To be fair, he's 20 and Liverpool saw enough to give him a start in the CL a couple of years ago. Davenport certainly seemed to be viewed as the better player by Blackburn fans based on a quick Twitter search, though.

 

Think taking the gamble on Davenport is entirely justified by us, Beni & Devlin are our main two in midfield, but Haring isn't too far behind both in ability, and has bags of experience. So we're well covered, but if Davenport can regain his fitness gradually with no pressure to play every week then he could potentially surpass both Beni & Devlin. Like you say, Blackburn fans were pretty torn on him leaving because he's obviously got bags and bags of ability. 


Edit: With Aberdeen having such a high turnover as Goodwin rebuilds the team, maybe he wanted reliability? Lesser player but knows he can play every week. 

Edited by OTT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo in Bathgate
58 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I think we will announce a signing after the derby. 

if the result is bad, there's nothing like a new signing to lift spirits.

 

That’s heresy! No negativity please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

I think we will announce a signing after the derby. 

if the result is bad, there's nothing like a new signing to lift spirits.

 

We aint gonna lose 4 nil to the Jambos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That’s heresy! No negativity please. 

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

Any more of that nonsense and we'll go straight to Chinese burns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Comma or hobo?

 

Come on, Maggie, you know he's not h*bs 😄

 

A hibby interloper would not have the imagination to call himself Selkirkhmfc1874 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, DC_92 said:

 

A semi-interesting development to this: I see Aberdeen are about to sign Leighton Clarkson, a defensive midfielder who played fewer games than Davenport for Blackburn last season. An interesting way to move onto new targets.

 

To be fair, he's 20 and Liverpool saw enough to give him a start in the CL a couple of years ago. Davenport certainly seemed to be viewed as the better player by Blackburn fans based on a quick Twitter search, though.

:thumbsup: Believe Goodwin wants nothing to do with Glass legacy, his own people etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Any more of that nonsense and we'll go straight to Chinese burns.

😫remember my big sister dae’in that tae me…when I was wee☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Under the floodlight
30 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

😫remember my big sister dae’in that tae me…when I was wee☹️

My older brother used to stir his cup of tea and put the hot spoon on my arm, thought it was hilarious.😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

My older brother used to stir his cup of tea and put the hot spoon on my arm, thought it was hilarious.😎

My mate used to do that to me.

I explained to him it was just the surprise of the hot spoon hitting the arm that caused the shock because when one knowingly puts their finger in the tea (his), you don't get a shock.  He never did it again. soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.

 

Hopefully we don't react to what Hibs do 

 

In fact I know we won't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.

 

:what:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that they're absolutely creaming themselves over someone who would probably struggle to make the starting 11 for us speaks volumes. He's currently very slightly better than Forrest but with him being 30 and Forrest much younger I have a feeling that in a few months time he'll be up there with McKay in terms of his importance to the team, and better than Boyle. Unless of course we've still to sign someone better still! 

 

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

My mate used to do that to me.

I explained to him it was just the surprise of the hot spoon hitting the arm that caused the shock because when one knowingly puts their finger in the tea (his), you don't get a shock.  He never did it again. soon

My old man used to do it to me with the words : How does a river start? As a burn 😱 Memories 🍵 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.


I was feeling the whelms watching Grant and Forrest last weekend. Not sure what fans were expecting ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

The fact that they're absolutely creaming themselves over someone who would probably struggle to make the starting 11 for us speaks volumes. He's currently very slightly better than Forrest but with him being 30 and Forrest much younger I have a feeling that in a few months time he'll be up there with McKay in terms of his importance to the team, and better than Boyle. Unless of course we've still to sign someone better still! 

 

I’ve got a good feeling about Forrest. Only one game in but I think he’s going to be one of those players that just clicks at Hearts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.


What, because hibs have resigned the diving hobo? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

The fact that they're absolutely creaming themselves over someone who would probably struggle to make the starting 11 for us speaks volumes. He's currently very slightly better than Forrest but with him being 30 and Forrest much younger I have a feeling that in a few months time he'll be up there with McKay in terms of his importance to the team, and better than Boyle. Unless of course we've still to sign someone better still! 

 

What makes you think he is better than Forrest.Foresst had a great season last season and already has started great for us.I would say Forrest is already better.Well I know I would rather have him anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Over to savage, can’t help but feel we need couple of big signings as not had any whelms yet.

What are you on about, let's just sign an overpriced player who is well-known, not because he is any good just because you'll be happy, behave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:


What, because hibs have resigned the diving hobo? 
 

 

Couldn't walk out on the club quick enough now delighted to be back, playing their fans for fools.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Not overly happy with the favourites tag and confidence being commented on in the media. 


🤷‍♂️ Nothing we as fans or the club can do about that.

 

All that matters is how the team feels and how they play. We are a very professional outfit and we will show that tomorrow.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Suwon won this game 4-2, Lee Seung-woo started on the bench, but as has been mentioned before this happens often as clubs gets more substitutes if they start with more younger players. He came on after 15 minutes, so well over an hour’s playing time. No goal, no idea if he was involved in any of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Simms with another goal

Apparently should have 4 :lol:

 

Seung Woo Lee played 75 minutes and credit for an assist for 3rd goal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Suwon won this game 4-2, Lee Seung-woo started on the bench, but as has been mentioned before this happens often as clubs gets more substitutes if they start with more younger players. He came on after 15 minutes, so well over an hour’s playing time. No goal, no idea if he was involved in any of them.

 

He provided an assist for their third and also hit the post with a chip over the keeper. The match highlights are available online. He was wearing no. 11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

 

He provided an assist for their third and also hit the post with a chip over the keeper. The match highlights are available online. He was wearing no. 11.

Shame he didn't get a farewell goal  :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

simms played well first goal was from outside the box second goal was a nice touch to get past the defender then a shot through the keepers legs 

 

would have been brilliant to have had him back for this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BackOfTheNet

Everton currently playing a Levein with no recognised striker against Chelsea. Their fans might be wondering why Simms didn’t stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not usually one to complain about off-topic chat but this thread could get quite irritating if there's a post every time Ellis Simms farts.

Edited by DC_92
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...