*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Arthur Morgan
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We don't have the money for players we would really like to sign. We need to deal in reality.

Not asking for a world beater, but it's obvious we need a striker/second striker with a bit of pace. I'm sure that's what the club are still after? If so, then great. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If you never knew the score you and came on here you would think we would have been gubbed and had zero attacking threat. 

Think the anger is good. We should have won, we should have seen the game out. I think if folk were like ‘oh well onto the next one’ we’d have a problem! 

A really gutting result because it should have been another 3 points on the board. Hopefully the players will be out to show a reaction against Dundee Utd. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Not asking for a world beater, but it's obvious we need a striker/second striker with a bit of pace. I'm sure that's what the club are still after? If so, then great. 

We’ve needed a third striker for about 2 years. 

Gordon Ramsay
50 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Not that impressed with recruitment so far. They all look reasonably decent but apart from Shankland I don’t see many upgrades on last year (in a year we need to be higher quality for Europe etc). 

I wasn’t expecting EPL players on £10/20k a week but was expecting better than Forrest, Grant etc. to be honest. 

Still time though and hopefully we still have a plan to get in 3/4 of real (for our level) quality. 

Feel the same. Pretty run of the mill signings so far. 

Rudi cant fail
3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Just as well that Robbie and Big Joe have repeatedly said that we're not finished buying folk then isn't it?

Indeed, however Robbie and Big Joe have also repeatedly said that it’s not an easy task and that there’s nothing imminent so there are no guarantees that we will be bringing anyone else in. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Indeed, however Robbie and Big Joe have also repeatedly said that it’s not an easy task and that there’s nothing imminent so there are no guarantees that we will be bringing anyone else in. 

Other clubs around us have managed

why can’t we?

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah we definitely need one, and I guess that's what we're looking for now? Let's hope so. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

There's dozens of teams in England and Scotland identify transfer targets and sign them without massive hassle. Likewise there's always the unknown around transfers and things falling through at the eleventh hour. However we need to recruit well. Early Robbie said....but as another poster highlights, even needed a third striker for years....and on that we need to get the finger well and truly out.

Lone Striker

So when we fail to win a game we should have won, the answer is to go out and sign more players because the ones we just signed   didn't win the game and therefore can't be  as good as we thought ?        Just wondering.........     

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

So when we fail to win a game we should have won, the answer is to go out and sign more players because the ones we just signed   didn't win the game and therefore can't be  as good as we thought ?        Just wondering.........     

It was very obvious we still needed additional players regardless of the score today. Bizarre attempt to make a point.

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We had no striker to bring on, brought on Halliday and sibbick. Our squad isn't strong enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wouldn't say run of the mill, bit unfair, however I would say our best signings yet to come,  we were never signing 8 superstars 

It's looking like Aberdeen, Dundee United and the vermin will be stronger this year but we're clearly not at this point in time.

We've plugged the gaps from last year nicely but we really need key signings who are going to improve our first eleven to start arriving.

Time for the recruitment guys to start pulling something good from somewhere.

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

We had no striker to bring on, brought on Halliday and sibbick. Our squad isn't strong enough. 

We took off 2 strikers - for whatever reason.    It just seems to me that despite us having 3 goalscorers at the club for the  first time in many years, it doesn't seem to be enough.   What would be enough ?     4 ?   5  ?

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think we’ve said this the past 100 transfer windows. 

We need more pace another striker but with more physicality, a right centre back we also have needed an attacking midfielder that can finish for so long its a standing joke but that isnt the managers plan its the 2 holders the 3 at back the 2 full backs normally which he ll go back too next week the one striker. He tried something positive at start today it was working looked good then as he often does he panics and goes back to what he thinks will get result, tinkers changes it goes to extra defender for safety but it seems to go other way and we lose momentum initiative and it keeps happening. The signings are decent but disappointing to the rhetoric quoted in May squad isnt better in quality promised (other teams have spent fortunes utd sheep even hubz) we got told we had loads to invest in team have we really used it now without simms souttar woodburn (who wasn't great but had pedigree) wright was on trial davenport on trial when wright left we were looking at somebody better where is this guy then, our squad is still light you need bigger squad for europe or your domestic form will suffer we have players, as good as they are, who tend to pick up injuries most seasons boyce smith kingsley halkett plus beni has had 2 in a season will he be as good, devlin now seems to have problems with hamstrings, why keep henderson or ginnelly if he won't play them when strikers are knackered like today. The youngsters never get a chance Cammy Logan is away again I see while we have Smith whose getting worse or Atkinson who cant defend he  loans them for whole season with no call back. Can't see many from B squad getting chance either he wd rather name less subs.  I saw a few Queens park games last season Cammy Smith was outstanding against cloggers in that league energy direct quick can score goals from midfield or wide better than GMS or some unnattached players with injury record. Yes we got 3rd and cup final but sheep and hibs were awful utd were good to watch but not as consistent all have strengthened big time Hibs now have diving chipmunk back to con ref for pens and score goals 3rd wont be easy.

The squad is no bigger than last season and, as of now, I’m not sure it’s ready for a European group stage yet. Rowles has come in for Souttar, Neilson has come in for Moore, Grant has come in for McEneff, Forrest has come in for Woodburn, Shankland has come in for Simms and Cochrane doesn’t change anything. I would probably say overall the quality is better but the size of the squad is no different.

Lets hope for another few signings in the next couple of weeks.

Finlay James
13 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

It's looking like Aberdeen, Dundee United and the vermin will be stronger this year but we're clearly not at this point in time.

We've plugged the gaps from last year nicely but we really need key signings who are going to improve our first eleven to start arriving.

You clearly didn’t watch the game today if you think Hibs have strengthened.  They are dire and will more than likely be in the bottom two next May.  If Boyle gets injured, they will be relegated before the split.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The squad is no bigger than last season and, as of now, I’m not sure it’s ready for a European group stage yet. Rowles has come in for Souttar, Neilson has come in for Moore, Grant has come in for McEneff, Forrest has come in for Woodburn, Shankland has come in for Simms and Cochrane doesn’t change anything. I would probably say overall the quality is better but the size of the squad is no different.

I was saying earlier we have no loan players ( Yet ) we may sign a couple towards the end of the window, when your Liverpool,City,Newcastle decide some players are not in there plans.

The lad from Wolves has went a bit quiet , I can’t see him going to Aberdeen now with them singing Clarkson on loan from Liverpool. I’m not sure we would do a perm deal on him either maybe a Loan and option to sign at end of the season ? . 

I still think we need 2x Midfielders and another striker to rotate with Boyce and Shanks. I don’t think GMS Ginnelly or Henderson are good enough to call upon if anything happens to Boyce , Shanks , Forrest , Baz. 

4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You clearly didn’t watch the game today if you think Hibs have strengthened.  They are dire and will more than likely be in the bottom two next May.  If Boyle gets injured, they will be relegated before the split.

You don't think they're better than last season? I disagree. They're probably in the 6th-8th position now.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

When was the last time we had 3 potential starters ? First season in premiership with Robbie we had 

Sow 

Hassnaoui 

Juanma 

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You don't think they're better than last season? I disagree. They're probably in the 6th-8th position now.

Bottom half sound about right. Hibs are rank. Zero creativity in their midfield and will be heavily reliant on the rat faced weasel. 

8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

4 minutes ago, Faded Seat said:

I was saying earlier we have no loan players ( Yet ) we may sign a couple towards the end of the window, when your Liverpool,City,Newcastle decide some players are not in there plans.

The lad from Wolves has went a bit quiet , I can’t see him going to Aberdeen now with them singing Clarkson on loan from Liverpool. I’m not sure we would do a perm deal on him either maybe a Loan and option to sign at end of the season ? . 

I still think we need 2x Midfielders and another striker to rotate with Boyce and Shanks. I don’t think GMS Ginnelly or Henderson are good enough to call upon if anything happens to Boyce , Shanks , Forrest , Baz. 

26 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Listen Dundee its looked like world beaters on Thursday then boom crashing back down to earth today! We will see how the vermin will do against livi next week ehhh. 

Just now, gar jambo said:

Listen Dundee its looked like world beaters on Thursday then boom crashing back down to earth today! We will see how the vermin will do against livi next week ehhh. 

More concerned about how we cope with league games directly after European games.

That's going to be really tough.

Not having forward options today cost us. Neilson clearly has no faith in Ginelly or Henderson, so we need to see movement this week in strengthening the forward area.

I like Forrest, Shanks and Rowles but feel disappointed we’ve not improved the squad further. We clearly need another attacking player, centre mid until everyone is fit and right centre half 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

More concerned about how we cope with league games directly after European games.

That's going to be really tough.

It will be! but surely they cut down the training Christ only had a couple off games into the season! professional players tired or unfit should not be the case! 

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Bottom half sound about right. Hibs are rank. Zero creativity in their midfield and will be heavily reliant on the rat faced weasel. 

Yet we could only draw with them 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No way are we ready for European group stages, we are a log way away. The club must really over estimate the level we're currently at. Either that, or they really don't have a Scooby what's required.

One thing I noticed today is we seriously need another player who can play behind a striker and as a striker. Boyce and Shankland work well together but there's no way we're going to be able to keep them fit for every single game.

This is where the recruiting department needs to seriously work some magic.

2 hours ago, High Fives said:

Desperately needed legs to stretch the game in the last 20 mins or so. Neilson clearly had no confidence in Ginelly or Henderson to do that.

No confidence in them, or actually just far too cautious and went uber defensive towards then end? 

I personally dont think the sqaud is anywhere near where we want it to be. 

I think our starting 11 is if anything is a little weaker than last season. 

We are possibly good enough to finish third again although will be tough with the Euro games. However, I’ll quote Neilson again after the Cup Final: “we’re looking up to Celtic and Rangers and not below us. This is just the start we need to improve and add quality in every area”. 

That has just not happened in this transfer window to be honest. It has been a little underwhelming so far. 

I don’t think there is quite enough oace in the team and I was a little disappointed again about our ball retention today. The latter point is the key marker for a team that is separating themselves. 

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I personally dont think the sqaud is anywhere near where we want it to be. 

I think our starting 11 is if anything is a little weaker than last season. 

We are possibly good enough to finish third again although will be tough with the Euro games. However, I’ll quote Neilson again after the Cup Final: “we’re looking up to Celtic and Rangers and not below us. This is just the start we need to improve and add quality in every area”. 

That has just not happened in this transfer window to be honest. It has been a little underwhelming so far. 

I don’t think there is quite enough oace in the team and I was a little disappointed again about our ball retention today. The latter point is the key marker for a team that is separating themselves. 

Who would you have signed instead of who we've actually signed?

29 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That's football for you. The better side does not always win. As regards the remainder of the season, I have no concerns that Hibs will be anywhere close to us.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Henderson on the bench. Not used?

Other attacking options also not used 

7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Not my job. 

Savage talks of trying to challenge for the league and Neilson about improving quality in every area. 

I think we are a very decent side but no better than last season. 

Let’s see where we are st the end of the transfer window. 

Just now, andrew said:

This thread is crawling with vermin.

Name them then and let’s get it sorted. 

Every Hearts fan on here will have a good few fellow posters who know and can vouch for them. 

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

We don't have the money for players we would really like to sign. We need to deal in reality.

Why do we always get this on here every season we can't buy anymore players or strikers we have no more money (where is it heading funds for training centre?). Well it hasn't stopped teams like Ross county and Livvy getting some decent new attack minded players with pace or strikers on cheap or on loan who give teams problems recruited from lower english league clubs or on frees. Ross county new players v us gave us tough game and at times v Celtic and Livvy new players looked a handful versus Sevco and beat Utd at Tannadice. Joe Savage said with Simms wages we knew he was out our price range he was never coming back so why did we wait months not looking to replace him if we knew this. Games like today is when you need another option up front plus someone who can score goals from midfield not more and more holding players or defenders.

3 strikers we got told in May was what we were looking for different types also. We have brought in 1 Robbies mate.

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Add Kingsley and Beni to that team and we stroll today IMO

We were strolling it until we decided to park the bus and give them the ball. 

Baffling. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Baffling. 

Yet expected

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

We need more pace another striker but with more physicality, a right centre back we also have needed an attacking midfielder that can finish for so long its a standing joke but that isnt the managers plan its the 2 holders the 3 at back the 2 full backs normally which he ll go back too next week the one striker. He tried something positive at start today it was working looked good then as he often does he panics and goes back to what he thinks will get result, tinkers changes it goes to extra defender for safety but it seems to go other way and we lose momentum initiative and it keeps happening. The signings are decent but disappointing to the rhetoric quoted in May squad isnt better in quality promised (other teams have spent fortunes utd sheep even hubz) we got told we had loads to invest in team have we really used it now without simms souttar woodburn (who wasn't great but had pedigree) wright was on trial davenport on trial when wright left we were looking at somebody better where is this guy then, our squad is still light you need bigger squad for europe or your domestic form will suffer we have players, as good as they are, who tend to pick up injuries most seasons boyce smith kingsley halkett plus beni has had 2 in a season will he be as good, devlin now seems to have problems with hamstrings, why keep henderson or ginnelly if he won't play them when strikers are knackered like today. The youngsters never get a chance Cammy Logan is away again I see while we have Smith whose getting worse or Atkinson who cant defend he  loans them for whole season with no call back. Can't see many from B squad getting chance either he wd rather name less subs.  I saw a few Queens park games last season Cammy Smith was outstanding against cloggers in that league energy direct quick can score goals from midfield or wide better than GMS or some unnattached players with injury record. Yes we got 3rd and cup final but sheep and hibs were awful utd were good to watch but not as consistent all have strengthened big time Hibs now have diving chipmunk back to con ref for pens and score goals 3rd wont be easy.

Good post, youngsters won’t get any chance at all until April. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I don't think this is true at all.  Woodburn and Taylor Moore made 60 appearances for us last season. Rowles and Forrest already look far better. Cochrane looks much improved. Shankland looks like he will score plenty of goals for us. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What ever happened to that team we beat on the opening day of last season?

Naisys Tackle
33 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Baffling. 

We done that all game and they where crap.  Fk knows what happened the last 5. 

Naisys Tackle
54 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Levitt and Boyle are two.  Realistically could have got Levitt.   Would have taken Regan Cooke down the flanks too. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't think this is true at all.  Woodburn and Taylor Moore made 60 appearances for us last season. Rowles and Forrest already look far better. Cochrane looks much improved. Shankland looks like he will score plenty of goals for us. 

You think the team that started yesterday are better than the team that beat the vermin 3-1 at home?

Not sure I'd agree. 

We're not really poorer but we're certainly not better.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***