*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I suspect he’s already signed and we were waiting until after the derby, my guess is he’ll be announced Tuesday

Probably didn’t get our clearance thru unlike Hibs 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Have we signed anyone this season of a quality we couldn’t have signed last season?

I think the answer is clearly “no”.

So, we need to see that soon otherwise the recruitment team will have a fail against them for this window.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Have we signed anyone this season of a quality we couldn’t have signed last season?

So, we need to see that soon otherwise the recruitment team will have a fail against them for this window.

Think Shankland possibly falls into that category. But I agree, we need another box office type signing IMO. A winger type, similar to Boyle actually. Direct, pacey with an eye for goal. 

Also, RCB required badly. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think Shankland possibly falls into that category. But I agree, we need another box office type signing IMO. A winger type, similar to Boyle actually. Direct, pacey with an eye for goal. 

Also, RCB required badly. 

You don’t think we could have signed a proven Championship striker last season?

I happen to think Shankland will do well for us but we could quite clearly have signed a player of that sort of quality last season.

My point is I don’t see the incremental improvement in quality. 

We haven’t signed anyone as good as or better than our key players from last season. 

Our key players from last season:

Gordon

Halkett 

Kingsley

Souttar

Beni

Devlin

McKay

Simms

Nobody we have signed yet is better than any of these - half of which were with us when we were in a lower league - therefore we are not improving the team as we should be.

For example.

We apparently lost out to Obafemi on the final day of the window last summer. Do we have a target better than him for this season?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I happen to think Shankland will do well for us but we could quite clearly have signed a player of that sort of quality last season.

We haven’t signed anyone as good as or better than our key players from last season. 

Gordon

Halkett 

Kingsley

Souttar

Beni

Devlin

McKay

Simms

Nobody we have signed yet is better than any of these therefore we are not i

proving the team as we should be.

For example.

We apparently lost out to Obafemi on the final day of the window last summer. Do we have a target better than him for this season?

You missed our 16 goal top scorer from that list 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You missed our 16 goal top scorer from that list 

Only half of which were in the league but ok.

Lets face it when we signed Boyce we’d have rated him as better quality than Shankland.

Dont you think?

Even if not in Shankland we now have somebody we thought Boyce would be. aEG at their peak they will be a similar quality of striker. That kind of proves my point.

Is this how it is going to be on here now?

Recruitment can do no wrong all the bad stuff is down to Neilson?

KyleLafferty

How can people say Grant, Forrest and Shankland haven’t improved our squad? It’s been said a million times that we aren’t spending all the money we got from Europe, and it will be spread out over the years so we can keep building. There is also 3 weeks left of the window.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Only half of which were in the league but ok.

Lets face it when we signed Boyce we’d have rated him as better quality than Shankland.

Dont you think?

Even if not in Shankland we now have somebody we thought Boyce would be. aEG at their peak they will be a similar quality of striker. That kind of proves my point.

Is this how it is going to be on here now?

Recruitment can do no wrong all the bad stuff is down to Neilson?

You inferred a lot and came to a lot of conclusions from my post suggesting you should have our top goal scorer on that list

I have no idea how it is going to be on here now it is not really my decision 😄 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

How can people say Grant, Forrest and Shankland haven’t improved our squad? It’s been said a million times that we aren’t spending all the money we got from Europe, and it will be spread out over the years so we can keep building. There is also 3 weeks left of the window.

Pretty much because it suits their own petty little agendas.

I am not convinced the current squad is better than last season.  I think we are about the same.  The big difference is other teams apart to be better and 3rd is not a given.  

We are 3 maybe 4 of the correct players short if we really want to kick on 

Edited by savage
Sp

Tom Hardy’s Dug
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You inferred a lot and came to a lot of conclusions from my post suggesting you should have our top goal scorer on that list

I have no idea how it is going to be on here now it is not really my decision 😄 

I haven’t inferred anything. I’m just comparing our signings this summer with last summer. They are of roughly even standard and we could have signed the type of player we signed this summer last summer. 

If we could sign Kingsley 2 years ago and McKay last year do you think we’ve signed better this summer? If not we aren’t getting stronger.

Pretty simple concept mate.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I haven’t inferred anything. I’m just comparing our signings this summer with last summer. They are of roughly even standard and we could have signed the type of player we signed this summer last summer. 

If we could sign Kingsley 2 years ago and McKay last year do you think we’ve signed better this summer? If not we aren’t getting stronger.

Pretty simple concept mate.

I never argued any thing to the contrary all I said was you had missed our top goal scorer from your list 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never argued any thing to the contrary all I said was you had missed our top goal scorer from your list 

Who has only scored 2 league goals this year.

#downward curve

35 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Agreed. I would add Rowles and a fully signed Cochrane to that list. Still the odd gap to fill but let's hope there are one or two signings still in the pipeline. A great season ahead! 

Rudi cant fail

A few players still required, and ideally need to move a few out. We defo need a decent right sided centre half. Sibbick should be nowhere near our match day squad as a defender. He’s not good enough. Him and Atkinson together on the the right is a weakness that will be exploited on a regular basis as neither can defend.

A decent winger and another striker too. When you play both Boyce and shankland from the start there is nobody to bring on when both are knackered after 60-70 mins. 

really think we are going to struggle with our current squad with the added European games and travelling. We might still have enough to finish third but I think that will largely depend on other wether or not other teams can capitalise on this. 

Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

A few players still required, and ideally need to move a few out. We defo need a decent right sided centre half. Sibbick should be nowhere near our match day squad as a defender. He’s not good enough. Him and Atkinson together on the the right is a weakness that will be exploited on a regular basis as neither can defend.

A decent winger and another striker too. When you play both Boyce and shankland from the start there is nobody to bring on when both are knackered after 60-70 mins. 

really think we are going to struggle with our current squad with the added European games and travelling. We might still have enough to finish third but I think that will largely depend on other wether or not other teams can capitalise on this. 

Agree with this.

We badly need to find a replacement for Simms in my opinion.  Not going to be easy, but we need to try.

August Landmesser
Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

Just as well that Robbie and Big Joe have repeatedly said that we're not finished buying folk then isn't it?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Agreed. I would add Rowles and a fully signed Cochrane to that list. Still the odd gap to fill but let's hope there are one or two signings still in the pipeline. A great season ahead! 

There is a subtlety to the point.

Ate the players mentioned above the quality of player we could or did sign last season. 

The answer quite clearly is no. 

Look, I think they are decent players. But if you think we couldn’t have signed a player like Forrest last season you are having a laugh. 

For example Woodburn was, in theory, head an shoulders above Forrest. But we haven’t signed a player of that sort of level this summer.

So i am not slagging our signings this summer I am just saying they are not a level up from who we signed last summer. I don’t know how that can be denied to be honest.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gordon

Halkett 

Kingsley

Souttar

Beni

Devlin

McKay

Simms

Nobody we have signed yet is better than any of these therefore we are not i

proving the team as we should be.

For example.

I do think we need a bit a talisman like signing. Boyle is that for Hibs and having someone of a similar sort of ability would do our season wonders. I suppose you could argue thats Gordon, but as we saw today, a goalkeeper can only do so much. 

I hope a big signing is in the works because I think that may just be the missing piece of the jigsaw. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I do think we need a bit a talisman like signing. Boyle is that for Hibs and having someone of a similar sort of ability would do our season wonders. I suppose you could argue thats Gordon, but as we saw today, a goalkeeper can only do so much. 

I hope a big signing is in the works because I think that may just be the missing piece of the jigsaw. 

We need at least 2 big signings but I’d prefer 3 - one for each third of the pitch.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I would love to know where the FOH money is going 

To the club. Where do you think it is going?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

To me the key is replacing Simms because we need someone who can hold the ball up and boss defenders, linking with Shankland.  As others have said we have two strikers in Boyce and Shankland and no replacements of similar quality to rotate.

The concern for me is the out ball when under pressure.

Edited by frankblack

Watt-Zeefuik
30 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Folk want a striker but to me the RCB position is an even bigger need. I haven't seen Davenport play but he sounds fine for the midfield position.

We clearly thought we were close to done with Lee but either not to be or requiring a bit more graft.

The RCB position is critical though.

22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is a subtlety to the point.

Ate the players mentioned above the quality of player we could or did sign last season. 

The answer quite clearly is no. 

Look, I think they are decent players. But if you think we couldn’t have signed a player like Forrest last season you are having a laugh. 

For example Woodburn was, in theory, head an shoulders above Forrest. But we haven’t signed a player of that sort of level this summer.

So i am not slagging our signings this summer I am just saying they are not a level up from who we signed last summer. I don’t know how that can be denied to be honest.

In theory being the point. If you count Beningime & McKay then yes, we haven't signed players of that calibre. Thinking Grant, Shankland, & Rowles will all prove to be an upgrade on Mceneff Ginelly & Woodburn tbh. Bearing in mind their positional differences. 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe we will revisit the Ogashiwa deal again?who knows…

Would be surprised if we sign two forwards personally.

Chevy Chase
20 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If you contributed, you’d know?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We need a RCB….a central midfielder with pace and two strikers.

Agreed

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Everyone wants pace, everyone wants goals, everyone with pace and goals can pick and choose, hence why it is the last deal any club will probably execute. 

Its not hard to understand 

If we sign 

Lee Seung woo

Davenport 

And a big strong target man type up front.

I think our business would be done and I would be very happy with that going into the new season.

LarrysRightFoot

I think this game was just a little to early into Forrest’s Hearts career, especially with the whole team not functioning at the required level as yet, but I think he will have an influence in big games as the season goes on. 

We desperately need a number 8 (proper Cameron/Hartley box to box midfielder) and another striker. 

LarrysRightFoot
56 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah we badly need more pace in the squad. 

I think we’ve said this the past 100 transfer windows. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Lee Woo,Ogashiwa and another please.

would be delighted with those two, but just cant see us making a bid for Ogashiwa this summer. Surely after he has finally got fit again and made an impact today they would not want to let him go.

Desperately needed legs to stretch the game in the last 20 mins or so. Neilson clearly had no confidence in Ginelly or Henderson to do that.

Not that impressed with recruitment so far. They all look reasonably decent but apart from Shankland I don’t see many upgrades on last year (in a year we need to be higher quality for Europe etc). 

I wasn’t expecting EPL players on £10/20k a week but was expecting better than Forrest, Grant etc. to be honest. 

Still time though and hopefully we still have a plan to get in 3/4 of real (for our level) quality. 

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, High Fives said:

Desperately needed legs to stretch the game in the last 20 mins or so. Neilson clearly had no confidence in Ginelly or Henderson to do that.

We just needed someone between Haring / Devlin and Shankland. Boyce was out on his feet. Grant didn’t have a great game, but he could’ve been that outlet, that link, as he looked fitter. Bring Devlin on for Boyce instead of Grant and we have much more control over the end of that game.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Arthur Morgan
50 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think we’ve said this the past 100 transfer windows. 

Yep, and it doesn't get any less true 😅

Only 2 games played (unbeaten) and people still writing the new signings off as poor. 2 fecking games. Unbelievable.

Edited by ri Alban

19 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yep, and it doesn't get any less true 😅

We don't have the money for players we would really like to sign. We need to deal in reality.

2 hours ago, Hood09 said:

On a day of shit, knee jerk posting due to a last minute equaliser, this one takes the biscuit. Have a word with yourself. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Macros said:

On a day of shit, knee jerk posting due to a last minute equaliser, this one takes the biscuit. Have a word with yourself. 

Suspect this one is Hibs. Celebrating a draw :wink:

KyleLafferty

If you never knew the score you and came on here you would think we would have been gubbed and had zero attacking threat. 

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Totally agree with this, where are the quality signings we needed for a season that will demand so much. They have talked a great deal about it pre season, but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary so far.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***