*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We aint gonna lose 4 nil to the Jambos

I've heard the "punctuation saves lives" thing - "let's eat Grandma" vs "let's eat, Grandma"; but I think this is the first example of "punctuation saves outing oneself as a vermin interloper"!

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Barack said:

In my defence...I've been drinking.

👀

And, in other surprising news...

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We need the boy now, not in January. 

I agree, but a pre-contract might be the route to getting him now. Limits his club's options to selling him to us or losing him for free in a few months. If it's the latter then maybe an EPL loan to tide us over.

My gut feeling is we'll have moved onto someone else by this time next week.

21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I agree, but a pre-contract might be the route to getting him now. Limits his club's options to selling him to us or losing him for free in a few months. If it's the latter then maybe an EPL loan to tide us over.

My gut feeling is we'll have moved onto someone else by this time next week.

If we're loaning someone, they need to have proven themselves at a level above u23's. We need a Simms, not a Woodburn. It's absolutely crucial that we improve the teams quality tenfold this window. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

Who’s the boy that scored?? He got a release clause in his contract😂??

Here’s a word you don’t hear too often these days, it was a real pearler 😄

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They do say to help players settle from far flung areas to bring in two at the same time

It worked on FM2012 😄

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I've heard the "punctuation saves lives" thing - "let's eat Grandma" vs "let's eat, Grandma"; but I think this is the first example of "punctuation saves outing oneself as a vermin interloper"!

Eh?

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Eh?

Your post said "We aint gonna lose 4 nil to the Jambos". Sounds like you're hibs and saying you're not going to lose to the Jambos.

You clearly meant, "We ain't gonna lose. 4 nill to the Jambos."

Eh, whatever . . .

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Your post said "We aint gonna lose 4 nil to the Jambos". Sounds like you're hibs and saying you're not going to lose to the Jambos.

You clearly meant, "We ain't gonna lose. 4 nill to the Jambos."

Eh, whatever . . .

Yeah meant 4 nil to Hearts Buddy, Buzzing for today's game! Shankland 2, Forrest and Mckay

6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

How's Peebles?

Presently in Far North Q'land. Peebles is far more advanced.......👍

14 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Take your mind off Ellis, Preston already got Woodburn on the bench 

Amazing that all these players are good enough for the Championship 😄 

Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa is finally back in Hokkaido Consadole's starting eleven after a long term absence (hamstring injury).

He is playing today and assisted their first goal.

Back fit just in time to sign for the JT's?

Just now, tazhearts said:

Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa is finally back in Hokkaido Consadole's starting eleven after a long term absence (hamstring injury).

He is playing today and assisted their first goal.

Back fit just in time to sign for the JT's?

And the 2nd goal…

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Amazing that all these players are good enough for the Championship 😄 

Eh? Woodburn binned mate, already on last 10 minutes duties :lol:

I think today demonstrated why we need another forward in.

The last half hour would have been the perfect moment to bring off Boyce and send on the lad from Korea or someone else to keep up the pressure on the hibs defence. 

The depth of the squad still needs work. Shankland and Boyce were good today but both were struggling as the second half wore on and there wasn't another good option on the bench to keep stetching hibs and providing a target for our defence and midfield to aim for.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

The last half hour would have been the perfect moment to bring off Boyce and send on the lad from Korea or someone else to keep up the pressure on the hibs defence. 

The depth of the squad still needs work. Shankland and Boyce were good today but both were struggling as the second half wore on and there wasn't another good option on the bench to keep stetching hibs and providing a target for our defence and midfield to aim for.

Exactly.

Our squad is good but it isn't complete yet. In dire need of a top-notch RCB.

Smith&Weston

We need a midfielder who can help us dominate the play and then get the ball out to the wingers.  This will be important in Europe and going away to Celtic / Rangers.  We don’t keep the ball well enough for long enough spells 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Sign a ****ing striker. 

Shankland was done after 60 minutes, we need some forwards in asap.

KyleLafferty

Think we need to sign the players this week so they can’t play in the play off in Europe I think? Actually think Shankland was outstanding today. But yeah someone who can stretch defences after he’s done all the work.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Yes, we do need another strong forward. 

I do understand the dilemma that Savage/Neilson are under - wait and possibly get a better player but not have the forward for early games. Also take chance of missing out on players while waiting for the better player.

It is a bit of a gamble but we can't continue to wait. If we don't sign another forward this week, Savage and Neilson will have failed  in my opinion, to equip us for Europe and early league games.

We still need a big physical striker similar to Simms, a winger with pace and another centre back. 3 players with better quality than we have and we will do well this year 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I do understand the dilemma that Savage/Neilson are under - wait and possibly get a better player but not have the forward for early games. Also take chance of missing out on players while waiting for the better player.

It is a bit of a gamble but we can't continue to wait. If we don't sign another forward this week, Savage and Neilson will have failed  in my opinion, to equip us for Europe and early league games.

Won’t that depend on the results? 

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

We need a midfielder who can help us dominate the play and then get the ball out to the wingers.  This will be important in Europe and going away to Celtic / Rangers.  We don’t keep the ball well enough for long enough spells 

Correct still don’t have this powerful dominant midfielder who would help big time. We are more powderpuff than powerful 

16 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Correct. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Won’t that depend on the results? 

Ha, ha. Yes good point.

We were a bit lucky against Ross Co and may have won today if we could have brought on a better option up front.

So yes, would depend on results - but we are not likely to get the results if we do not have the players to produce them.

On 06/08/2022 at 06:55, Hansel said:

I think we will announce a signing after the derby. 

if the result is bad, there's nothing like a new signing to lift spirits.

On 06/08/2022 at 07:55, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That’s heresy! No negativity please. 

On 06/08/2022 at 08:04, jamboozy said:

Yep, sorry @Hanselyou can be strung up by the pinkies and flayed with stingy nettles down Gorgie for thoughts like that.😐🥴😄

On 06/08/2022 at 08:24, Gorgierools said:

Any more of that nonsense and we'll go straight to Chinese burns.

So, anyway, maybe we'll get that announcement now to lift our spirits 😆 

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Ultimately, if we get the right player in on the last day of the window, no-one will really give a **** that they missed today or the Euro play-offs by the end of the season.

The window hasn't been a success or a failure as things stand. It would only be a failure is if we had already signed our RCB and forward(s) and they weren't the required level.

lost in space
Just now, DC_92 said:

Ultimately, if we get the right player in on the last day of the window, no-one will really give a **** that they missed today or the Euro play-offs by the end of the season.

The window hasn't been a success or a failure as things stand. It would only be a failure is if we had already signed our RCB and forward(s) and they weren't the required level.

It will be a failure if we lose out v Zurich and have not won the Derby today when players have been available.

As I said it is a gamble and Savage/Neilson get "big bucks" to get these decisions right.

They may still do so but as things stand, we are badly lacking.

9 minutes ago, Hansel said:

So, anyway, maybe we'll get that announcement now to lift our spirits 😆 

Hope so buddy 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ok. Tin hat on.

Not a disaster today but disappointing but seeing us in two competitive games now makes some things clearer than they were in pre-season.

My first point is - I am happy with our signings. All of them look as if they will contribute positively to the team.

That being said I have a couple of main concerns.

First - is anyone that we have signed this season a higher quality than we could have signed last season? 

This season was supposed to be a crank up in the quality of targets we could go for - is that evident from the signings we have made so far. I would say it isn’t.

Second. Apparently the really quality becomes available at the end of the window. Is it really?

Dropping the bullshit bravado we have as fans wouldnt we have been pretty chuffed with the the North Macedonian lad at Aberdeen. I would have.

What about Levitt? Even that ***** Boyle.

Truth is you can get quality and top signings early or before the league starts but two years in a row now we haven’t - ok Beni came in one day before our league start I’ll give people that.

There are two or three rabbits we need out of hats before the end of the window. And let’s be honest we need them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Too early to say. Bin the thread until August 31st, even then you won't know for months how effective players are over time. 

BackOfTheNet

We definitely still need players in, because a long season lies ahead. But today we had the players to see that game through and didn’t choose the right ones to come on or off at the right times. So, even if we do sign more players, that may not necessarily change.

But we need to remember that was only our 2nd competitive game of the season, the players were knackered because of that and Hibs understandably were fitter having played more games. So, we’ll have plenty of times this season with so many games where we’ll have players starting to tire, and we need to be able to trust what’s on the bench. Not do things like leave Boyce on because Grant wasn’t playing great, when he was clearly done, or when you do have to take Boyce off you don’t need to bring on an ageing utility man to shore things up when you should be looking to regain possession and counter.

Personally, I think Neilson had other choices today and chose wrongly, but his choices were limited. He needs more options, therefore we need more signings. Still, should’ve been a win today regardless.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t think it is - my point is we could have got decent quality that was a proper upgrade on last season in by now as other teams have.

Valid discussion point, no?

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

It will be a failure if we lose out v Zurich and have not won the Derby today when players have been available.

As I said it is a gamble and Savage/Neilson get "big bucks" to get these decisions right.

They may still do so but as things stand, we are badly lacking.

I stand by my statement, even if we lose to Zurich. If we get the right player(s) in on the last day which allow us to make a decent fist of the groups and finish 3rd again no-one will give a ****.

Every year, people seem to overestimate how much business usually gets done by game one or two of the season. Celtic were a shambles this time last year (we aren't) but they signed Jota and Carter-Vickers on the last day of the window and they made all the difference.

This isn't to say we will definitely get the players we need in. That's still in the balance. I just don't think there is any success or failure yet and people overstate the significant of the first few games in the grand scheme of things.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We will get 3 that take us on again, things materialise later in the window once early season panic sets in

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Correct, I said when I seen the line up my concern was no one to come off the bench.

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I stand by my statement, even if we lose to Zurich. If we get the right player(s) in on the last day which allow us to make a decent fist of the groups and finish 3rd again no-one will give a ****.

Every year, people seem to overestimate how much business usually gets done by game one or two of the season. Celtic were a shambles this time last year (we aren't) but they signed Jota and Carter-Vickers on the last day of the window and they made all the difference.

This isn't to say we will definitely get the players we need in. That's still in the balance. I just don't think there is any success or failure yet and people overstate the significant of the first few games in the grand scheme of things.

Fair assessment  there.  👍    Despite only having played 2 competitive matches, we're in a decent position.  Hopefully Robbie & his coaches are re-assessing what attributes the team still needs to improve on, and can focus the recruitment on getting those now.    Still plenty to be positive about.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
19 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ok. Tin hat on.

Not a disaster today but disappointing but seeing us in two competitive games now makes some things clearer than they were in pre-season.

My first point is - I am happy with our signings. All of them look as if they will contribute positively to the team.

That being said I have a couple of main concerns.

First - is anyone that we have signed this season a higher quality than we could have signed last season? 

This season was supposed to be a crank up in the quality of targets we could go for - is that evident from the signings we have made so far. I would say it isn’t.

Second. Apparently the really quality becomes available at the end of the window. Is it really?

Dropping the bullshit bravado we have as fans wouldnt we have been pretty chuffed with the the North Macedonian lad at Aberdeen. I would have.

What about Levitt? Even that ***** Boyle.

Truth is you can get quality and top signings early or before the league starts but two years in a row now we haven’t - ok Beni came in one day before our league start I’ll give people that.

There are two or three rabbits we need out of hats before the end of the window. And let’s be honest we need them.

Mods - this wasn’t a transfer thread post. This is one about our approach and strategy generally - not just this window but over the piece.

lost in space
16 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Yes, knee jerk from me and some others re league games. With United losing today, we are not badly behind.

Europe is different though and if we want to progress in Europa - players (striker a priority )need to arrive soon.

Any news if Davenport will be signed? He probably could have done a job late on today if up to speed and fit. 

The bench today highlighted that we are still lacking real quality in certain positions. 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, stuart500 said:

Any news if Davenport will be signed? He probably could have done a job late on today if up to speed and fit. 

The bench today highlighted that we are still lacking real quality in certain positions. 

I suspect he’s already signed and we were waiting until after the derby, my guess is he’ll be announced Tuesday

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***