*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

There is not a chance in hell Simms would be signing on a permanent deal. If he was available there would be plenty of championship club willing and able to pay many times more than we can. Wages and transfer fee. 

That could be said for Litterally every player we sign or have in our squad. 

He might go to the championship, but "not a chance in hell" is just such a incorrect and sweeping statement. 

If he gets told he's not going to get much football at Everton we have a good chance of getting him. 

I'm not as convinced as many seem to be on here that there is a plethora of top championship clubs throwing massive wage offers at him along with millions in a transfer fee either. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

We have definitely enquired about Paddy Lane. That's from the horses mouth. He went to school with my Missus son in Yorkshire. Would cost a fair few bob though and we aren't the only ones interested

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

We have definitely enquired about Paddy Lane. That's from the horses mouth. He went to school with my Missus son in Yorkshire. Would cost a fair few bob though and we aren't the only ones interested

Interesting, West Ham credited with interest in him for £1m tho. 

Cardiff interested as well. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Famous 1874

Everton will have cash to splash as it looks like Richarlison and Gordon are off to Spurs. 

Needing them to buy a couple of attackers before the chance of getting Simms back again is more realistic 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Everton will have cash to splash as it looks like Richarlison and Gordon are off to Spurs. 

Needing them to buy a couple of attackers before the chance of getting Simms back again is more realistic 

Maybe, but Simms won't be anything other than 3rd or 4th choice for Everton next season. 

They won't be starting with Simms up top and that won't change whether they buy players now or in a month. 

8 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

From reports they are looking for a million pounds which would rule us out 

Martin Boyle anyone ?  Can’t see him staying in Saudi after getting relegated and his misses wants back. Clearly would want too much cash o think but never know and would wind up hibs no end

Vlad the impaler

Reported fees for players are just speculation. Last week we were quoted 750k for Grant according to press. No way we paid anything near that I’d guess

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That could be said for Litterally every player we sign or have in our squad. 

He might go to the championship, but "not a chance in hell" is just such a incorrect and sweeping statement. 

If he gets told he's not going to get much football at Everton we have a good chance of getting him. 

I'm not as convinced as many seem to be on here that there is a plethora of top championship clubs throwing massive wage offers at him along with millions in a transfer fee either. 

Nielson said they had been contacted by many championship clubs who had been watching him.

hmfc_liam06

I reckon we won't see any further incomings for a good few weeks now.

We've enhanced the overall squad but the remaining signings will now be of a higher quality and for that we will have to wait on EPL sides shaping their squads and us seeing what new Beni's and Simms are available.

10 hours ago, pointon said:

😁

What pleasure do you get pretending to be itk on here? Totally weird behaviour 

20 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Martin Boyle anyone ?  Can’t see him staying in Saudi after getting relegated and his misses wants back. Clearly would want too much cash o think but never know and would wind up hibs no end

Nah.  He dives too much😀

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I’m sure Hibs have some funny buy back thing on him if he wants out. 

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Should get an automatic ban for this... 

CloustonHMFC
34 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

No thanks. He could offer to play for free and it would still be a no. Hibs *****. 

42 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

:cornette:

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Hate to say it but none of the players we sign bar the odd exception makes it in the Championship.Take one of our best players Kingsley for example.You have to take into consideration he was playing at a struggling club and it appears they were using him as a holding midfielder.

I think what I’m trying to say is I was hoping we would improve the standard of player we go after. But the money in the championship is obscene so I understand we can’t compete on that level. 

I think Grant’s age plays a part in my thinking - he’s not 22, he’s 27 and had a couple of cracks at it. I really hope I’m wrong however. 

As for Kingsley, he had a run of games earlier in his career (did he not get capped around that time?) but had a terrible time with injury. McKay when he first went down done really well but then lost his way. They both a bit of a known quantity to us as well.

Anyway I hope Grant blows my doubts to dust and bags 15 goals and numerous assists this season. 

LarrysRightFoot
23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will be looking abroad a bit now

So Ronan, Levitt and Parrott not on the radar? 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think what I’m trying to say is I was hoping we would improve the standard of player we go after. But the money in the championship is obscene so I understand we can’t compete on that level. 

I think Grant’s age plays a part in my thinking - he’s not 22, he’s 27 and had a couple of cracks at it. I really hope I’m wrong however. 

As for Kingsley, he had a run of games earlier in his career (did he not get capped around that time?) but had a terrible time with injury. McKay when he first went down done really well but then lost his way. They both a bit of a known quantity to us as well.

Anyway I hope Grant blows my doubts to dust and bags 15 goals and numerous assists this season. 

Not as easy as saying they were good in English Championship or League 1 so will automatically be good here. 

Previously it felt like we would just be like oh hes had a good season lets sign him whereas now we sign players to play the system we want to play. 

Not every player will work, not every player will settle in being away from home.  Pros for me of signing from down south, is its highly unlikely they support the old firm, and more importantly they are used to playing a lot of games with 46 game seasons.  Some of our players looked gubbed playing once a week last season.

56 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nielson said they had been contacted by many championship clubs who had been watching him.

I think his explosive goal against Hibs at Hampden probably opened a lot of eyes.  

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Not as easy as saying they were good in English Championship or League 1 so will automatically be good here. 

Previously it felt like we would just be like oh hes had a good season lets sign him whereas now we sign players to play the system we want to play. 

Not every player will work, not every player will settle in being away from home.  Pros for me of signing from down south, is its highly unlikely they support the old firm, and more importantly they are used to playing a lot of games with 46 game seasons.  Some of our players looked gubbed playing once a week last season.

I totally agree with what you’re saying about you can’t guarantee a player will be a success - look at Shane Duffy, he was useless up here. 

I just feel a bit underwhelmed by Grant at the minute but I really hope he proves me wrong. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I reckon we won't see any further incomings for a good few weeks now.

We've enhanced the overall squad but the remaining signings will now be of a higher quality and for that we will have to wait on EPL sides shaping their squads and us seeing what new Beni's and Simms are available.

Another defender in next 2 weeks according to Banderson, Blockbusters, game changers, they generally dont get done this early, they have options, we just need to wait

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

So Ronan, Levitt and Parrott not on the radar? 

2 Irish and one Welsh, thats abroad!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Grant has never been away from home. All of his spells around East Midlands and a little bit South or East, so this will be a change for him no doubt. You are too wise, the fit of the player to the club is in many ways so much more important than the previous form, so long as they have ability, and apparently he does, its how you get the most out of someone.

Any walk of life, people that are happy and settled do well, those who are angry or uncomfortable do very little

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

His Mrs isn't there

58 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will be looking abroad a bit now

With specific targets already on the radar? or just random looking for what's up for grabs?

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Hibs have first refusal in the event that he wants away, it's written into his contract. His wife plays for Hibs ladies team and they have a young daughter and did not want to take her away from home so neither of them are out there.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Reported fees for players are just speculation. Last week we were quoted 750k for Grant according to press. No way we paid anything near that I’d guess

We paid less than a third of that. 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

If he comes to us and that’s a big IF, can we still call the ‘the diving wig?’

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m sure Hibs have some funny buy back thing on him if he wants out. 

They have first refusal. - I think that would depend on how much the Saudi lot would want for him. I’ve always had the feeling that he would land up at Parkhead.

LarrysRightFoot
22 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

2 Irish and one Welsh, thats abroad!

You know what I mean, they all play in the UK. 

Alec Eiffel
38 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Players from SE England or the Midlands do not need to travel to Scotland to find a club as there are many professional clubs based locally within the pyramid.  Needs to be an attractive offer to entice them north.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Barry Fry was suggesting they had waived the fee in one report.

I agree we will be quiet now in terms of signings for the next few weeks and then we will make a few signings near the end of the window when better players become available imo 

Alec Eiffel
15 minutes ago, db211833 said:

His Mrs isn't there

Still playing with the women.

5 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

If he comes to us and that’s a big IF, can we still call the ‘the diving wig?’

It was interesting watching him diving for Australia in their recent game V Peru. The ref told him to get up most of the time the only unfortunate thing was that I don't think he got a booking for it.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It was interesting watching him diving for Australia in their recent game V Peru. The ref told him to get up most of the time the only unfortunate thing was that I don't think he got a booking for it.

I very much doubt we’d take him or even want him. There’s far better out there and imo, he can’t lace BM’s boots. Take the pace away from his game and he’s a very ordinary player. It’s a no from me. The diving reminds me of Uche who was more on his arse than his feet 

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hibs have first refusal in the event that he wants away, it's written into his contract. His wife plays for Hibs ladies team and they have a young daughter and did not want to take her away from home so neither of them are out there.

They better buy him quick before they run out of cash, they’ve got a 40 man squad and no one seems to want their superstars, never mind actually pay millions for them!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

They better buy him quick before they run out of cash, they’ve got a 40 man squad and no one seems to want their superstars, never mind actually pay millions for them!

Jack Ross might come to their rescue and buy a few of their huddies.

2 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I very much doubt we’d take him or even want him. There’s far better out there and imo, he can’t lace BM’s boots. Take the pace away from his game and he’s a very ordinary player. It’s a no from me. The diving reminds me of Uche who was more on his arse than his feet 

I would certinly hope we wouln't want him. Don't think that one would go down well with either set of fans.

If he comes back to Scotland it will be at either Abderdeen or Dundee if not Hibs.

Absolute Scenes

Martin Boyle???!! What the hell is wrong with this thread 😂😂🤦‍♂️

1. he’s a Hibs fud who I wouldn’t want near our church establishment club

2. he wouldn’t come near us because of his affiliation with Hibs 

3. I don’t know, something about his hair

jamboinglasgow

I would imagine if we are looking abroad, then we are already in at least early talks with players and clubs. As others have pointed out, it takes time to do these deals and though there is 2 months left in the window, it could take a lot of that time to finalise, agree a fee (if required,) get a player over here, and most crucially get a work permit, (just look at Rowles, Robbie was talking a few days ago and it sounded like we still haven't got that fully sorted.) 

I would love to know all the players we are currently speaking to (with chances most want sign) but we wont know until they are close to being done or are done.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

So far, you could say, none of the incoming players are of a higher standard than what we currently have. Just as you say, slightly underwhelming at the moment. Grant may turn out to be good, but who knows, he might also struggle with the pace of the Scottish game. 

We will just have to wait and see who else they bring in these next few weeks. Both Neilson and Savage kept banging on about improving the quality of the team a few weeks back. I assume that's still their goal.

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would love to know all the players we are currently speaking to (with chances most want sign) but we wont know until they are close to being done or are done.

Just ask the itk’ers on this thread they can give a comprehensive list of players and full details of the negotiations. Hope you’re good at riddles, code cracking and watching endless videos of irrelevance though or you might not be able to decipher what they actually know. 

Edited by Dazo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't know, with a pen taker now like Grant, Boyle could come in useful. Hibs did look utterly lost without him, obvious that maroon tinted specs would go on, but as ever with these conversations, Hartley is the one that crossed and became quite the hero. Pace to burn and all of his Aussie mates in tow, worse outcomes

3 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

would rather see ,Fred west , Hitler and Saville in a hearts Jersey before that clown Boyle 

I think on balance you’d accept Boyle would be more likely though, on account of his still beating heart? 😉

UchesPackage
1 minute ago, tamflogel said:

I think on balance you’d accept Boyle would be more likely though, on account of his still beating heart? 😉

😁

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***