*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Mr Elwood P
53 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Although the business that’s been done is excellent, we’re still not any closer to beating rangers and Celtic more often than we do already. I’m hopeful that upcoming signings will be of that calibre tho

How do you know that? I think we need to see the new players play before we jump to any conclusions. A lot of potential growth from the other younger players too. Positive post ...

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, buca junior said:

I’d imagine one or two signings will depend on whether we get into the Europa League or Conference League. The last few days of August will

be interesting.

That won't have much bearing at all. Hardly like missing Champions League and dropping into Europa League in terms of financial gulf. Think someone posted previously it's less than £1m ...

49 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

On the money. We will never get close to them. One of them has just taken our best player for nothing and we are looking at a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in over a year.  Finishing 3rd and a cup win is as good as its going to get. 

Which of the old firm have just signed Gordon

RustyRightPeg
58 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Although the business that’s been done is excellent, we’re still not any closer to beating rangers and Celtic more often than we do already. I’m hopeful that upcoming signings will be of that calibre tho

can you see the future? 

Would be interesting to know what the financials would be to get Simms permanently…

X million up front (go on James, you know you want to)

Bumper 4 year contract (with FOH contributing via a LINE ELLIS’ POCKETS button on their webpage)

50% sell on agreed with Everton

Sell to an EPL bottom dweller in 2/3 years for 10 mill

We invested a million in the pitch, so why the **** not?!?

Edited by Gershwin

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Would be interesting to know what the financials would be to get Simms permanently…

X million up front (go on James, you know you want to)

Bumper 4 year contract (with FOH contributing via a LINE ELLIS’ POCKETS button on their webpage)

50% sell on agreed with Everton

Sell to an EPL bottom dweller in 2/3 years for 10 mill

We invested a million in the pitch, so why the **** not?!?

I wonder if we can get round the wage structure issue by paying Simms a larger than normal signing on fee. Then put him on the same wage as the higher earners.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Dayman said:

Add simms and Shankland to replace Boyce and Henderson.

Boyce/grant AM instead of mceneff

A backup goalie

A random WOW signing

and we are anti niemi in this transfer market 

edit: unless the wow signing is a winger I’d take one of them too maybe. 

Antti Niemi?????

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

can you see the future? 

I cannot no. But I can see a disparity in quality between our players and theirs. No future seeing needed . 

Right, who's next?? Ronan? Levitt? Shankland? Simms? Wonder if they are eyeing up someone nobody has even mentioned yet........ A real take the breath away signing. Exciting times ahead, can't wait for the season to start and this page to get forgotten about because we've signed every player we wanted!! 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I cannot no. But I can see a disparity in quality between our players and theirs. No future seeing needed . 

If it’s excellent business then how aren’t we closer? 

A bit contradictory and I don’t really understand the point. 

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Another 10 years for that mate.

👏🏻😀Under appreciated one there!

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Antti Niemi?????

He’s no finished, he’s 28!

I was just saying we are finished in the transfer market 😂

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Paying a fee to have him sitting on the bench every week?Cant see it.

We'll be playing about 5 games a week ;)  according to some folk, so there'll be plenty of squad rotation!  In all seriousness though, it's not just about one starting lineup, we'll play different lineups, different formations, we'll rest people, we'll have injuries, etc.

Rick Sanchez

I think Ronan will go to Aberdeen tbh but since Grant has said it's been weeks since contact has been made, he's obviously not an alternative choice.

Barry Anderson seemed to suggest we'd turned out attention to Ronan after missing out on Forrest. We got Forrest...but not the same position.

Ronan and Levitt would give us a real asset but I think someone will come from left field.

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He’s no finished, he’s 28!

I was just saying we are finished in the transfer market 😂

Yeah, I know, I was looking for you to say finished and I was going to come back with the 'he's only 28' line!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yeah, I know, I was looking for you to say finished and I was going to come back with the 'he's only 28' line!

Woopsy! My bad 😁

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Right, who's next?? Ronan? Levitt? Shankland? Simms? Wonder if they are eyeing up someone nobody has even mentioned yet........ A real take the breath away signing. Exciting times ahead, can't wait for the season to start and this page to get forgotten about because we've signed every player we wanted!! 

Henricks laddie has just had his contract scrapped by spartak? 

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Excellent business in the sense we are more capable of dealing with the sunday Thursday scenario of games we will play

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That won't have much bearing at all. Hardly like missing Champions League and dropping into Europa League in terms of financial gulf. Think someone posted previously it's less than £1m ...

I agree - other than the profile for an EPL loaner would be much more advantageous for the owner club.

So, we don’t earn much more money - in fact maybe less - in the Europa. But, we might gain two much higher quality EPL players on loan for the season due to the higher profile which in turn means we have more chance of staying in Europe past Xmas and doing something special domestically…

As you say. Draw for our play off will be interesting.

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

It’s going to take years of European money and consistently buying the right players to get close. The players we have signed will/should improve us. Which should be daunting for the other 9 teams below us.

This, to beat the old firm we need to constantly consolidate 3rd place finishes and gain European football. And also sell players we gain for big bucks. 

buca junior
41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wouldn’t dispute the finances either. However a player might likely consider playing in the Europa League more desirable. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, buca junior said:

I’d imagine one or two signings will depend on whether we get into the Europa League or Conference League. The last few days of August will

be interesting.

Nah, very little difference. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

This, to beat the old firm we need to constantly consolidate 3rd place finishes and gain European football. And also sell players we gain for big bucks. 

And keep our best players for a long time. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What I don’t understand is this.

Obviously we don’t want to sell Beni. But. If Aberdeen can get £4.5m up front for Ramsey plays add one close to £8m why can’t we get at least the same if not more for Beni (when he is fit)?

Has the Evening Hibbie taken on work experience journos? It has published some tripe over the years but this article is out on its own. H1b5 are apparently an east Edinburgh team. Hearts are reeling from signing Cochrane and Grant and we are trying to sign Shankland, a defender with Dundee Utd! I could go on but read it for yourselves.
https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1134440325?-43849:821

24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Henricks laddie has just had his contract scrapped by spartak? 

Let’s be honest. There’s only one place in Scotland he’d consider going 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What I don’t understand is this.

Obviously we don’t want to sell Beni. But. If Aberdeen can get £4.5m up front for Ramsey plays add one close to £8m why can’t we get at least the same if not more for Beni (when he is fit)?

Well we’ve not been approached with a transfer offer yet so it isn’t possible to say. 

What I would say is this is the first place Beni has strung a consistent amount of games together, albeit he had two major (one more than the other) injuries in the same season. 

The thing with Ramsay is he hasn’t “failed” down there. £4M is a punt Liverpool have taken, it’s basically at no cost to them. If he fails, they won’t care they’ll move him on for probably half the cost.  

Beni to an extent has as he couldn’t nail a first team place down wherever he went prior to coming here. A team like Liverpool won’t come in and try to sign him, there’s just no way. The best we could hope for (IMO), is he comes back in November and is fully fit for the season resuming, probably January time and has 4/5 months of consistent game time and a high end Championship/Low end EPL team comes in giving us £2 or 3 mil. 

I hate to say it but the ACL has probably slashed his value already! I wouldn’t have been surprised if we lost him this summer for silly money if he didn’t get injured.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Papa said:

Has the Evening Hibbie taken on work experience journos? It has published some tripe over the years but this article is out on its own. H1b5 are apparently an east Edinburgh team. Hearts are reeling from signing Cochrane and Grant and we are trying to sign Shankland, a defender with Dundee Utd! I could go on but read it for yourselves.

An embarrassment of an article by an embarrassment of a paper. Sooner it dies the better.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well we’ve not been approached with a transfer offer yet so it isn’t possible to say. 

What I would say is this is the first place Beni has strung a consistent amount of games together, albeit he had two major (one more than the other) injuries in the same season. 

The thing with Ramsay is he hasn’t “failed” down there. £4M is a punt Liverpool have taken, it’s basically at no cost to them. If he fails, they won’t care they’ll move him on for probably half the cost.  

Beni to an extent has as he couldn’t nail a first team place down wherever he went prior to coming here. A team like Liverpool won’t come in and try to sign him, there’s just no way. The best we could hope for (IMO), is he comes back in November and is fully fit for the season resuming, probably January time and has 4/5 months of consistent game time and a high end Championship/Low end EPL team comes in giving us £2 or 3 mil. 

I hate to say it but the ACL has probably slashed his value already! I wouldn’t have been surprised if we lost him this summer for silly money if he didn’t get injured.

I tend to agree apart from the fact that Beni’s pedigree is way better.

Aberdeen youth set up or Everton’s?

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Papa said:

They’ve put a photo up of Doyle-Hayes and quoted it as Doig 😂

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I tend to agree apart from the fact that Beni’s pedigree is way better.

Aberdeen youth set up or Everton’s?

I don’t think that has any bearing on it mate. Doesn’t really matter where a player comes from. 

I can’t remember the last time Everton produced a youngster off their own back that played 50+ games for them and went somewhere in their career. 

Anthony Gordon broke through a bit last year but he’s hardly established.

David Sharp
24 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

The equation is not quite that complex. The league season is very much about how we do against the teams 4th to 12th. Do the work there and it gives us a chance in the remaining games (4 home and 4 away) against the mob. Need to do better in Glasgow but not totally unachievable. Ask Alex Ferguson about the attitude required.

mickycameron98
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t think that has any bearing on it mate. Doesn’t really matter where a player comes from. 

I can’t remember the last time Everton produced a youngster off their own back that played 50+ games for them and went somewhere in their career. 

Wayne Rooney?

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Perhaps Ross Barkley? Tom Davies has racked up a fair few appearances in midfield for them but you're right, there aren't many.

Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Wayne Rooney?

He left them, went on to be Manchester United's top scorer and is now managing so that's going back a fair bit

RustyRightPeg
Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Wayne Rooney?

And how long ago was that. 2004 he moved to Man Utd 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ramsay's assists stat were astonishing, holding midfield players are not so hard to find

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Perhaps Ross Barkley? Tom Davies has racked up a fair few appearances in midfield for them but you're right, there aren't many.

Barkley and Davies are probably your best bet. 

Barkley could’ve been more than he has been, Davies has hit that rut that most English youngsters do. 

I get the point, an EPL academy is more likely to pick up a higher potential player as they can pay a bit more and have more scouts in place etc etc. 

Just don’t think it matters where a player comes from. 

jamboinglasgow
50 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. I also think people forget there are two ways that we need to get closer to the Old Firm. People always focus on a better quality of player in the first XI, but squad depth of quality players is the other.

Just at look Rangers in the cup final, people we expecting them to be exhausted after the Europa League final, but they made 5 changes all quality players, then later they brought on two further players who both squad as they made a difference. We put out almost our best XI, who were tired, some were not match fit and we could add anything from the bench.

We are already bringing up the overall quality of the squad, and with a number of signings still expected it will mean we have the depth (and hopefully quality) to push closer to the Old Firm.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Ramsay's assists stat were astonishing, holding midfield players are not so hard to find

Astonishing?

12 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

The equation is not quite that complex. The league season is very much about how we do against the teams 4th to 12th. Do the work there and it gives us a chance in the remaining games (4 home and 4 away) against the mob. Need to do better in Glasgow but not totally unachievable. Ask Alex Ferguson about the attitude required.

It’s not even about doing better in Glasgow. If the only 4 games you lose all season are 2 at Celtic and 2 at Rangers, and you can beat them most times at Tynecastle, you’re not going to be too far short of being champions

OmiyaHearts
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Astonishing?

Did he not get around 10 assists in 30 games last season? Maybe not astonishing but very good, considering his position & how his team struggled

Absolutely zero patients with some fans.Expecting to be closing the gap and competing with the Old Firm within a season it's fecking mental.We are building something good here but it's going to take a long time.Look at the resources Rangers had it took them a good 3 to 4 years to catch Celtic and even then it only lasted a season.

If we can keep getting third and keep reaching finals ( we will win one eventually ) the gap will narrow.Right now it's about doing what no other team has done and that's trying to consistently be best of the rest.

buca junior
49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, very little difference. 

I’m pretty confident we will sign a better quality player if we win the play-off 

Mr Elwood P
58 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree - other than the profile for an EPL loaner would be much more advantageous for the owner club.

So, we don’t earn much more money - in fact maybe less - in the Europa. But, we might gain two much higher quality EPL players on loan for the season due to the higher profile which in turn means we have more chance of staying in Europe past Xmas and doing something special domestically…

As you say. Draw for our play off will be interesting.

52 minutes ago, buca junior said:

Wouldn’t dispute the finances either. However a player might likely consider playing in the Europa League more desirable. 

I think the profile of the Europa Conference has risen dramatically over that first season. Loaning clubs won't be too fussed either way, in my opinion.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***