*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Rick Sanchez

Not enough being made of Joe Savage rocking up to the airport in the middle of the night, shorts on, sunglasses tucked into his Hearts top, picking up a new signing.

What a guy.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Neverforgetfiveone
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

fecking olly lee, give me strength

We plucked Olly Lee out of League 2 Luton at the time. This lad has played significantly higher level than that consistently, Olly Lee is no comparison

And also Lee was not a bad player, not sure why he is given so much hate and a negative comparison. Boggling

He was average at best, one footed, one dimensional, lacked any pace and wasn’t strong enough for our league. Too many times caught in possession or gave the ball away under pressure.

let’s hope that JG is somewhat better - as you say, he has played at a level above. On the other hand, he has had his best moments at Notts County and Lincoln - both of which are not SPL level.

I want the boy to succeed though 👍🏼

Tom Hardy’s Dug

League one eh?

Barrie McKay and that shitebag at Celtic.

Grant has been properly and old skool scouted. Robbie has seen him play when he was down there and been keeping an eye on him for years. No doubt Joe or part of his scouting team has too.

On top of that he has favourable “numbers” I think the saying is these days.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

League one eh?

Barrie McKay and that shitebag at Celtic.

Grant has been properly and old skool scouted. Robbie has seen him play when he was down there and been keeping an eye on him for years. No doubt Joe or part of his scouting team has too.

On top of that he has favourable “numbers” I think the saying is these days.

No doubt the numbers will be good, everything seems to emanate from that sort of analysis

35 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

Liked that interview, backs himself,  i like the thought of these young English boys going out there not giving an eff about those weegie arse cheeks.

Had me at ‘good at set pieces’

We are awful at corners and I never want to see Halliday float a free kick from a dangerous position in to the keepers hands again

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Exactly my point

simms is not a prolific goal scorer and Boyce is not in great form at the moment 

so one extra striker isn’t all that much better 

simms scoring rate was a goal every 3 games for us. all this while trying to get used to a new team and new teammates. that is pretty good for half a season, he will be even better with a pre season 

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Not enough being made of Joe Savage rocking up to the airport in the middle of the night, shorts on, sunglasses tucked into his Hearts top, picking up a new signing.

What a guy.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

simms scoring rate was a goal every 3 games for us. all this while trying to get used to a new team and new teammates. that is pretty good for half a season, he will be even better with a pre season 

Plus a beauty against bibs in the Semi and if his first attempt was a few inches to the right, a goal in the final against the huns. If it was just the goal against hubz then that would merit him alone for a wee punt.

He's a player that'll get better with age and I'll be gutted if we can't get him back.

Edited by Halliphax

davemclaren

It would interesting to know a bit more on how the dynamics between Joe, Robbie and the board work. 

I get the ‘method’ when Robbie says he would like, say, a right wing back with certain attributes and Joe and his team go and identify preferred candidates based on that. 

However, I’m not so sure how it works if/when Robbie says he wants Grant, or even Shankland, ( players he already knows about). Does Joe go and assess whether he agrees ( based on the types of player they are ) and if they can’t agree di they then take it to the board to decide who, if anyone, should be pursued?

🥸

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would interesting to know a bit more on how the dynamics between Joe, Robbie and the board work. 

I get the ‘method’ when Robbie says he would like, say, a right wing back with certain attributes and Joe and his team go and identify preferred candidates based on that. 

However, I’m not so sure how it works if/when Robbie says he wants Grant, or even Shankland, ( players he already knows about). Does Joe go and assess whether he agrees ( based on the types of player they are ) and if they can’t agree di they then take it to the board to decide who, if anyone, should be pursued?

🥸

Not sure but I’d be interested to know as well. I do think,  if Robbie names one or two players he wants and Joe doesn’t at least make the effort to sign them then it puts Joe in a weak position if the season goes tits up. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

I would think the boards involvement is the finances of the deal only. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

Can't imagine the board getting involved in making these sort of decisions.

Surely their role is to try and make the signings Joe/Robbie want to turn into reality not decide who we sign?

Edited by wavydavy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Plus a beauty against bibs in the Semi and if his first attempt was a few inches to the right, a goal in the final against the huns. If it was just the goal against hubz then that would merit him alone for a wee punt.

He's a player that'll get better with age and I'll be gutted if we can't get him back.

Bibs’d it…

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

Guesswork but Robbie doesn’t seem arrogant to me. so I totally doubt he would just put the name forward and say - sign him.

I’d imagine how it works is he says “really liked the look of Jorge Grant when I was down south - can you double check and do some more research him to check he would fit with our plans/squad/character requirements” etc.

Joe “Nae bother Robbie but he was on our radar also - will double check”

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure but I’d be interested to know as well. I do think,  if Robbie names one or two players he wants and Joe doesn’t at least make the effort to sign them then it puts Joe in a weak position if the season goes tits up. 

Great thing is if you get Joe along to an FOH or whatever he’ll tell you.

Phil D. Corners
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

I feel it’s Joes job to help Robbie find and negotiate the players. Joe should help Robbie by providing a short list of attainable players, and let Robbie concentrate on the next game. 

If Robbie singles out a player he wants, then Joe should do his best to get him.

Sounds like Joe is working to get Shankland at a deal that’s good for Hearts. 

The dynamic looks good from what I’ve seen. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, poultry said:

What is the general census on Simms signing ? Genuine question by the way.

Another 10 years for that mate.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Great thing is if you get Joe along to an FOH or whatever he’ll tell you.

Aye, everything you hear about the guy is really positive. Read in here a few times how open he is with the fans. Been a breath of fresh air to the club imo. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

I think they just go and try and get them. 

Bob had been looking at Forrest and McKay before. 

Savage was pretty clear who finally decides who comes to Hearts. 

The board will just tell them if we can afford the player and look elsewhere if not. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

I don’t think it’s Savage job to agree, I think Neilson will make the reasons known on why he wants a player. A bit like when we signed Barrie Mackay, less like when McEneff was signed on Savages recommendation and it hasn’t quite worked out. They are on an equal footing, but you would hope Savage would say something if he had his doubts about a player. 
It seems to be working really well just now as all the signings have improved us, in my opinion anyway. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think they just go and try and get them. 

Bob had been looking at Forrest and McKay before. 

Savage was pretty clear who finally decides who comes to Hearts. 

The board will just tell them if we can afford the player and look elsewhere if not. 

I still think there will be an open door to discuss any concerns the data or scouting team might have about a player and discuss them with Robbie.

Robbie would expect that I would presume.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Anybody else have a feeling that Simms will be back? Just a gut feeling.

i'm sort of expecting a video of JS and RN playing the sims then a knock at the door for the reveal.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Anybody else have a feeling that Simms will be back? Just a gut feeling.

At the back of my mind yes but I am trying not to think about it too much because I will probably end up disappointed 🙂 

If it's correct that Hearts are still pursing Simms and that Simms wants to stay, I think we have a very good chance of keeping him.

On 20/06/2022 at 12:36, BackOfTheNet said:

Although the business that’s been done is excellent, we’re still not any closer to beating rangers and Celtic more often than we do already. I’m hopeful that upcoming signings will be of that calibre tho

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ellis on a 4 year contract.  Dreamt that last night 😂

If that happens 🙏 then the club would deserve huge praise as we would stand to make millions as long as Simms stays injury free for a season or two. Would probably take about a million quid though to get him on a permanent deal to begin with and then decent wages on top. I personally think it will just be another 1 year loan. Which I am fine with.

vlad on the tyne
4 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Although the business that’s been done is excellent, we’re still not any closer to beating rangers and Celtic more often than we do already. I’m hopeful that upcoming signings will be of that calibre tho

On the money. We will never get close to them. One of them has just taken our best player for nothing and we are looking at a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in over a year.  Finishing 3rd and a cup win is as good as its going to get. 

Wonder if we'll look at some more EPL fringe players for loans.

Will throw a random name out there, David Omilabu at Crystal Palace. Can play anywhere across the front 3. Decent scoring record at youth level and good on the ball.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sometimes, dreams come true. 

5 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

On the money. We will never get close to them. One of them has just taken our best player for nothing and we are looking at a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in over a year.  Finishing 3rd and a cup win is as good as its going to get. 

Honestly if that's as good as it gets I'll still be a happy jambo.

I never expect our club to compete with the OF because even when they aren't spending way more than they can afford their respective budgets from season tickets, global merchandise, players sales, European prize money etc etc etc puts them on a completely different level to the rest of Scotland.

If we can finish best of the rest. Win a trophy and maybe get within 10 points of 2nd so it looks like we gave it a go. I'll be more than content with our season.

KyleLafferty
8 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

It’s going to take years of European money and consistently buying the right players to get close. The players we have signed will/should improve us. Which should be daunting for the other 9 teams below us.

9 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

That 'best player' spends half his time injured. 

Sevco are welcome to him. 

23 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would probably take about a million quid though to get him on a permanent deal to begin with and then decent wages on top.

At his age you'd wonder if he'd be happy with the European exposure for a wage cut (as a compromise) rather than bench-warming at Everton

Edited by Halliphax

Who's next then? Guessing it will be a while yet since it took a few weeks for the ones we knew about to get over the line.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

We can get closer if we are consistent. 

How "close" closer is, is the question. 

Within 25 points of them next season would be an improvement and closer, but still miles off them and not really considered close. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Who's next then? Guessing it will be a while yet since it took a few weeks for the ones we knew about to get over the line.

We don’t have a few weeks to waste. The signings will be fast I reckon. I don’t think anyone else will turn up in Spain but they will definitely be being worked on. 

Grant said it had been 4/5 weeks since initial contact was made by us to his reps before he signed. Will be the case for others who aren’t in public eye yet. 

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We don’t have a few weeks to waste. The signings will be fast I reckon. I don’t think anyone else will turn up in Spain but they will definitely be being worked on. 

Grant said it had been 4/5 weeks since initial contact was made by us to his reps before he signed. Will be the case for others who aren’t in public eye yet. 

Hopefully they will come quickly but i suppose it depends if we are looking at u23s like Beni or established players like Grant. It could be worth waiting till the EPL clubs have decided who they are keeping if we think we can get a better calibre of player

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just common sense

One more striker when we have several more games with European games … and if we want to get closer to the old firm - we need more than just one more striker 

We play 1 central striker. Why would we have 4 players for one position? 

Edited by Ari Gold

5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Paying a fee to have him sitting on the bench every week?Cant see it.

I don't think he improves us

I'll be far more concerned if he gets shoe-horned into the team just because we paid money for him.

I think he'd end up being back up to Simms if we signed him.

He's not even got the style to play one of the support roles the way Boyce does so I see him being second choice.

36 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If that happens 🙏 then the club would deserve huge praise as we would stand to make millions as long as Simms stays injury free for a season or two. Would probably take about a million quid though to get him on a permanent deal to begin with and then decent wages on top. I personally think it will just be another 1 year loan. Which I am fine with.

Sponsor the stadium name to any charity of Mr Andersons choosing  and write the cheque! :D 

51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Normally ,a sentence like this is followed by “ I binned the tissues right away” if true ?

14 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

At his age you'd wonder if he'd be happy with the European exposure for a wage cut (as a compromise) rather than bench-warming at Everton

Personally I think money talks. I've no idea what Sims will be on but if he's offered 10k a week at a decent championship club or 5k a week at hearts d imagine he'd skip a few European games 

Chillidigits
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We can get closer if we are consistent. 

How "close" closer is, is the question. 

Within 25 points of them next season would be an improvement and closer, but still miles off them and not really considered close. 

We need to start the season with a string of wins/good results and get the ball rolling. We need that bit of luck to keep our strongest team free of injuries and suspensions. We need other teams to take points of each other when it matters - a bit like last season. Lastly we need a good January window to set us up for a strong run-in.

buca junior

I’d imagine one or two signings will depend on whether we get into the Europa League or Conference League. The last few days of August will

be interesting.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***