*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Would be slightly disappointed if we played Grant in CM and not the 10. He obviously prefers being further forward.

Would like a stand out CM to keep Devlin and Haring on their toes.

Robbie wanted two more “no. 10” type players - Grant is the first IMO.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

john thomas
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just common sense

One more striker when we have several more games with European games … and if we want to get closer to the old firm - we need more than just one more striker 

It is the opposite of common sense . Increasing your strike force by 50% is clearly better 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the epitome of uninformed. 😄

I know, was parodying the "I don't want to come across negative but..." earlier 😀

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

That’s nonsense. Never understood the dislike of some former players on here. Andy Irving is another one 

I don’t dislike Olly Lee I don’t know him. He was just crap. If he was any good he would still be here, so would Irving. 

25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He wasn’t toilet at all. Was pivotal in that opening season we were 1st in the league. After that the whole team declined. He is at an age where playing for Gillingham is respectable considering he has his family

down south too. Another player scapegoated by a strange set of fans 

He's shite, He looked decent in a pish hearts team. He wouldn't get near the team now. When we had him he was the level you would expect a bottom 4 team to have.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looking forward to how the loan market plays out. With a limit, chances are getting actual loans could be very difficult, however conversely, it may allow opportunity to buy players who are maybe later in their development as clubs seek to get some return on players, like Cochrane, Levitt, Simms, Ronan, who will be short of that very top level

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Talks well anyhow, sometimes you need subtitles for these interviews. 

PhoenixHearts

Not including youth players, we're two deep at every position now besides RCB, ST and CM

GK: Gordon/Stewart

RWB: Atkinson/Smith

RCB: New signing/Neilson

CB: Halkett/Sibbick

LCB: Kingsley/Rowles

LWB: Cochrane/Halliday

CM1: Haring/Devlin

CM2: Baningime/new signing

RW: Forrest/Ginnelly

CAM: Grant/McEneff

LW: McKay/GMS

ST: Boyce/new signing

3 or 4 more signings, potentially an upgrade to Stewart and add in guys like Henderson, Logan and Connor Smith and that's a decent sized squad for the season ahead.

Doubt we'll bring in both Simms and Shankland. Know who I (and most people) would prefer of the two but the other is not a bad consolation.

No longer active
56 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I wonder if Sibbick is getting prepared to be a DM again. I can't see a place in the defence for him, especially if we get a RCB in.

It takes one injury, or a series of weeks where we play 2 games a week, and ....

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

He's shite, He looked decent in a pish hearts team. He wouldn't get near the team now. When we had him he was the level you would expect a bottom 4 team to have.

Agree to disagree. This wasn’t an Olly Lee topic. Someone hoped Jorge Grant wasn’t another Olly Lee which was a poor comparison consider they both played at different levels before joining hearts 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Looking forward to how the loan market plays out. With a limit, chances are getting actual loans could be very difficult, however conversely, it may allow opportunity to buy players who are maybe later in their development as clubs seek to get some return on players, like Cochrane, Levitt, Simms, Ronan, who will be short of that very top level

In my opinion we should now be looking at 2/3 clubs in the EPL that we tie into and use as a feeder club basically. 

Newcastle will be investing a significant sum of money into their academy in the next year or so, we seem to get on well with Everton and maybe one of the London clubs, Brentford perhaps with the Pressley connection. 

I’m not saying we rely on loan players, but it’s a shrewd thing to do IMO. Proof is there with Cochrane and Simms. Get first dibs on them sort of thing. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Talks well anyhow, sometimes you need subtitles for these interviews. 

Well, obviously!

:lol:

(I was sad enough to count, and he said the word "obviously" 29 times in less than three and a half minutes).

Edited by Pans Jambo

Boyces beard
52 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t be so daft

we had Boyce and simms last season and in many games we were weak up front.

one more wouldn’t be much better to be honest 

On that logic, having just one striker would not make us  much worse then.

:facepalm:

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In my opinion we should now be looking at 2/3 clubs in the EPL that we tie into and use as a feeder club basically. 

Newcastle will be investing a significant sum of money into their academy in the next year or so, we seem to get on well with Everton and maybe one of the London clubs, Brentford perhaps with the Pressley connection. 

I’m not saying we rely on loan players, but it’s a shrewd thing to do IMO. Proof is there with Cochrane and Simms. Get first dibs on them sort of thing. 

I think Davie Weir being at Brighton is good for us. Hopefully Elvis at Brentford may unearth a gem for us. 

I do think having Joe Savage is the biggest benefit as I get the strong impression that the top clubs in England like and trust him.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, John Findlay said:

I think Davie Weir being at Brighton is good for us. Hopefully Elvis at Brentford may unearth a gem for us. 

I do think having Joe Savage is the biggest benefit as I get the strong impression that the top clubs in England like and trust him.

What about pressley’s son Aaron? He might be worth a go

Which games that Boyce and Simms played in were we weak up front ? After about three games to get up to speed Simms just had a totally positive affect on our forward area for me

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Which games that Boyce and Simms played in were we weak up front ? After about three games to get up to speed Simms just had a totally positive affect on our forward area for me

Cup final?

mickycameron98
25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Obviously he's pleased to be here and obviously can't wait to get started so obviously it's an exciting addition and obviously we want him to do well. Obviously 

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

He was far too slow. Couldn’t react quick enough, didn’t release it quick enough. Got ability but just not to do things at the speed required.

He’s not better than Callachan was. That’s his level. Bottom 6

The Old Tolbooth
27 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Exactly this, I used to cringe when the fans sang that song about him as he was so shit. 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Simms definitely made us better in attack but the last couple of months last season Boyce was regularly like playing with a man down.

He wasn't just lacking fitness, his form was brutal.

I'm hoping this summer gives him a chance to get back on track but I'm very worried about going into any games come the new season without further options up front.

Just now, Bauld said:

Simms definitely made us better in attack but the last couple of months last season Boyce was regularly like playing with a man down.

I'm hoping this summer gives him a chance to get back on track but I'm very worried about going into any games come the new season without further options up front.

I think when the two of them played to gether Boyce spent more time chasing the ball down in the middle of the park rather than playing as a striker and I felt that it was Simms presence that allowed him to do that ................................... Simms and Shankland would see us well set up for forwards i think

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm sorry, i know its all about opinions but i couldn't disagree more about Boyce. He missed a few good chances but his overall contribution was good. He works hard, he tracks back, helps out the defence and midfield and brings players into the game. Why people can't see that absolutely baffles me

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm sorry, i know its all about opinions but i couldn't disagree more about Boyce. He missed a few good chances but his overall contribution was good. He worka hard, he tracks back andbhelpa out the defence and midfield and brings players into the game. Why people can't see that absolutely baffles me

Taking the semi final as an example. It was about 60 minutes in and my 9yr old turned to me and said "I think that was the first time Boyce has found his teammate with a pass."

And he was right. Every second touch was a tackle. 

I'm not disputing Boyces work rate but very often he was making hard work for himself with poor touches and giving away possession. 

22 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Obviously he's pleased to be here and obviously can't wait to get started so obviously it's an exciting addition and obviously we want him to do well. Obviously 

You like stating the Obvious, obviously.😍

36 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What's Boyce's contract situation? In last year?

Yes out of contract 31 May 2023.

A couple of quality new forwards will ensure that the likes of Boyce won't be picked regardless of form like the last couple of seasons.

They should all know their place is in danger if they don't perform.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A couple of quality new forwards will ensure that the likes of Boyce won't be picked regardless of form like the last couple of seasons.

They should all know their place is in danger if they don't perform.

I think this season that should be the more preferable state of affairs we are moving into. 2 for each position, bar one very notable exception

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

I know, was parodying the "I don't want to come across negative but..." earlier 😀

👍

Jambo 4 Ever
42 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Obviously he likes to say obviously 🤣

Jambo 4 Ever
38 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Exactly my point

simms is not a prolific goal scorer and Boyce is not in great form at the moment 

so one extra striker isn’t all that much better 

Rocky jamboa

Good interview from Grant. Seems a confident guy and wants to be involved in games, which is what you want. His set piece delivery will be useful.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

Good interview from Grant. Seems a confident guy and wants to be involved in games, which is what you want. His set piece delivery will be useful.

Obviously 🤣

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agree to disagree. This wasn’t an Olly Lee topic. Someone hoped Jorge Grant wasn’t another Olly Lee which was a poor comparison consider they both played at different levels before joining hearts 

Didn't the both join from League One? Albeit both clubs moving in different directions in their final seasons at Luton and Peterborough respectively.

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Exactly my point

simms is not a prolific goal scorer and Boyce is not in great form at the moment 

so one extra striker isn’t all that much better 

Form comes and goes with every player. Hopefully turns it around. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about pressley’s son Aaron? He might be worth a go

A square go?

Boyce's form was poor in the second half of last season.  Snatching at shots a lot, but I have every confidence that he'll be back to his old self soon enough.

If we can get Simms & Shankland we'll have 3 great options up top. 

Ballitojambo

Liked that interview, backs himself,  i like the thought of these young English boys going out there not giving an eff about those weegie arse cheeks.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Ballitojambo said:

Liked that interview, backs himself,  i like the thought of these young English boys going out there not giving an eff about those weegie arse cheeks.

Obviously 

Grant signed, superb.   

Let's have some more transfer rumours now.   👀 👂   No recovery allowed ☺ 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bandersons wee vlog saying strikers now priority, defender expected in the next 2 weeks. Stand at ease, Phase I complete, Phase II might take a bit longer

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

🙄

you know what I mean mate 

When it comes to your goodself, I think I am not alone in saying that 99.9% of the time I have no idea what you mean.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When it comes to your goodself, I think I am not alone in saying that 99.9% of the time I have no idea what you mean.

No need to speak for others and I’m fairly sure you knew what I meant 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***