*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Just waiting on the Twitter update from Utd saying they're aware of the situation and are in dialogue with the relevant authorities :laugh:

Busy time for them given they are about to start a manager search too. :lol: 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Lewis Neilson having had a walk about the stadium and a look around Oriam said it's a 'different level'.

Free transfer of someone who had a 500k bid accepted from Leicester. Played midfield before becoming a centre back.

Whelms.

Thoughts, prayers and medicine are with the Utd fans. I hope we had the decency of throwing in some walking boots.

Even though we're not obliged to, I genuinely hope we've inserted a sell-on clause, so D Utd get something back when we sell Lewis in 3 years after he's won the cup, played 20 games in Europe and a full Scotland international.  £8M should do it when Leicester come back for him.

From that, we can send United their slice: 2 bottles of Benylin and a pair of hiking boots (2nd hand off Ebay)

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Busy time for them given they are about to start a manager search too. :lol: 

Has Tam "monotone" Courts left them?

indianajones
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Lewis Neilson having had a walk about the stadium and a look around Oriam said it's a 'different level'.

Free transfer of someone who had a 500k bid accepted from Leicester. Played midfield before becoming a centre back.

Whelms.

Thoughts, prayers and medicine are with the Utd fans. I hope we had the decency of throwing in some walking boots.

Beautiful post. 

Has anyone watched much of Neilson? 

Seen a few Utd fans saying he's a bit of a bombscare. Most likely sour grapes though

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, fadetoblack said:

Definitely is! He would be used to playing in 30c in the summer over here so hopefully it is going to be a welcome change 😄 

Dunno, the winter can be brutal for Australians, made me laugh seeing photos of training with Devlin and Atkinson looking like Artic explorers with all their layers they have on.

I see Hibs have signed one of your players, Lewis Miller, whats he like?

Radio Ga Ga
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Second para has to be strong candidate for best ever ‘pot,kettle,black’ post in kickbacks history 😂😂

Spot on, I was actually thinking the exact same thing. 👍

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Has Tam "monotone" Courts left them?

He’s been given permission to speak to a Croatian side. 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’ll say it again, Sibbick wasn’t signed to play centre back. 

I’m not sure why he was signed to be honest. I can only assume it was because he can play several positions and we needed cover at the time we signed him. Hes certainly not starting instead of any of our 3 holding mids and I doubt he’s starting instead of Atkinson. IMO he’s a back up centre half who could play in midfield or RWB if we got desperate 

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure Neilson is ready to be a starter for us. He has barely played for Dundee united. 

Was thinking that myself, he is a young lad lots of time to develop, hopefully he will settle in nicely like Souttar did for us🤞

happy with the recruitment so far lets get ronan over the line asap too just a little surprised its been quiet about the deal since mondays news broke

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

So what's his nickname gonna be?

Sausage, bacon, well-fired, crispy, morning, forward or bread Rowles?

The website has GORGIE ROWLES

must be a pronounciation thing:lol:

Such joy to do this to Utd. The thought of them pacing about in circles wondering how the **** they managed it. 😀

Edited by Dazo

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The lad is just a monster. 

Can’t remember the last time Hearts signed two players in one day, never mind two 6’3 behemoths big fizzical hertz 

was it not about twelve when Vlad came in

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah, seems that way. I think we might sign Joe Wright.

Kingsley Halkett Sibbick

Rowles  Wright  Neilson

Where wee getting wright from I know someone who new him down south not bad in the air but as  slow a centre half he has seen 

Phil D. Corners
14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure Neilson is ready to be a starter for us. He has barely played for Dundee united. 

I hope he can peak as Smith fades out. 

Can’t help but fear we’ve rushed out and panic bought two random centre halves after missing out on Big Rocky.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The website has GORGIE ROWLES

must be a pronounciation thing:lol:

i like it

1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

Where wee getting wright from I know someone who new him down south not bad in the air but as  slow a centre half he has seen 

We offered Wright a contract the season before last but he got a terrible injury so it never happened but I think he's been invited to come train with us. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s a full size scarf. The boy is a giant !!

He’s a big laddie.

Is that even a scarf?

Looks like he’s holding up the whole display from the semi final.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ronan and Shankland getting announced today aswell?😂

Does look like we’re working to get all the targets in before pre-season, then a few late loans to finish ?

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

i actually think i'd self combust

We should just put in a cheeky wee contract offer to Callum Paterson.

Contract runs out 30th June

Edited by Cade

If he can still play as a striker I’d look at it, but he’s going to cost a wage he probably wouldn’t be worth. We’ve not signed anyone yet who is pushing for a big wage I don’t think and I’m not convinced we will or should

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Just put in a cheeky wee contract offer to Callum Paterson.

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

We should just put in a cheeky wee contract offer to Callum Paterson.

This 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would be mental if all that happened. I think we will just announce 2 today (though still plenty time in the day.)

Though today seems to be full of clubs announcing signings.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If he can still play as a striker I’d look at it, but he’s going to cost a wage he probably wouldn’t be worth

you know, if we can sign players to secure third and European group stage entry.  They will be worth it

Jamboscanbevicius

Excellent news … have a good feeling about the long term potential of Neilson. Maybe not first choice immediately but we’ll need options next season with Euro ties.

Forrest, Rowles, Neilson, and big Pete re-signed is great early business!

Replaces Woodburn, Souttar, and Moore. 

We still need to fill places from Cochrane and Simms, and then add 2-3 more to increase squad size.

Assuming nobody leaves I think we probably need a LWB, CM, CF, and maybe another CB. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you know, if we can sign players to secure third and European group stage entry.  They will be worth it

We already did that on moderate wages though. I can’t see us ending up with a couple of players on wages double what anyone else is getting

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Does look like we’re working to get all the targets in before pre-season, then a few late loans to finish ?

I will be bringing spare boxers to work just in case.

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So we assume Rowles and Halkett if we’re playing a back 4 and slotting in Sibbick or Neilson if we’re playing a back 3. Still think we might have another one coming in personally.

Both Kingsley and Smith are good as part of a back 3 too. Might not need any more centre backs.

kingantti1874
Just now, JimmyCant said:

We already did that on moderate wages though. I can’t see us ending up with a couple of players on wages double what anyone else is getting

Will be much harder next season.  If we aren’t getting better then we are going backwards.  

up to the club to manage finances appropriately but our top wage needs to increase appropriately 

PapaShango

Hopefully we are patient with this lad, he's still young and will still have a lot of learning to do similar to Souttar when he arrived. However we saw how good he would become and hopefully the same will happen with Neilson. Robbie obviously knows him and sees the potential he has got. Quite excited with the window so far and we have only just started. 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

I'll be calling Rowles 'Roycie' for definite

I like that, Roycie seems very suitable.

1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

Both Kingsley and Smith are good as part of a back 3 too. Might not need any more centre backs.

No we might decide to stick now. I’d rather see Kingsley at LWB or left back though, and Smith is done in any position at the level we’re now at.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I think we will sign one more Centre back, from comments made from Robbie I suspect we are looking for a more experienced  talented centre back (so one of our bigger money signgings.)

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Will be much harder next season.  If we aren’t getting better then we are going backwards.  

up to the club to manage finances appropriately but our top wage needs to increase appropriately 

I’d agree, but we need to do it with others in mind who have shown a bit of faith on a lower wage, like Gordon and McKay and a few others 

Edited by JimmyCant

Cammy Devlin has a bit of a confident, arrogant, niggly wee barsteward about him.

But he is our confident, arrogant, niggly barsteward. 🙂👍

So looking forward to his attitude spreading through the team this year too.

So looking forward to the next season.

5 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Excellent news … have a good feeling about the long term potential of Neilson. Maybe not first choice immediately but we’ll need options next season with Euro ties.

Forrest, Rowles, Neilson, and big Pete re-signed is great early business!

Replaces Woodburn, Souttar, and Moore. 

We still need to fill places from Cochrane and Simms, and then add 2-3 more to increase squad size.

Assuming nobody leaves I think we probably need a LWB, CM, CF, and maybe another CB. 

We'll defo sign a lwb, cm and cf.

I think we will sign Joe Wright at CB if he's fit enough and he passes a medical if he comes here pre season.

We'll have a go at signing Cochrane and Simms imo and it lookss like we are favourites for Connor Ronan. 

Other than that, we need to improve the AM/WG position. We need a bit of pace. 

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

still need GK as backup. LB as backup. CM. AM. 2 Strikers 

How do you convince a decent keeper to come and play second fiddle to Gordon for 2 years ?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

How do you convince a decent keeper to come and play second fiddle to Gordon for 2 years ?

league cup games and the odd rotation as CG gets older with a promise of getting chance to be number 1 when CG retires

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***