• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Free transfer :yas:

I'm guessing that the signing being made official will be the end of the compensation whining from the Tannadice Troglodytes :jj: 

Double bubble today.  Great stuff,  and we look confident if announcing it’s a free transfer for Neilson.  🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by Gmcjambo

Good stuff. Looks like Centerhalf is sorted, all will be here long term too so we can build a solid unit. LB/LWB is the area we need to strengthen now. 

49 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You said it was guidelines. It’s isn’t. It’s enforceable set amounts if no deal can be reached. The clubs do not have to reach an agreement as you said. That is what the tribunal is for. There is no danger we’ll risk a tribunal for this guy IMO

I'm sure you will know. Have we made any signings today yet?

Edited by wavydavy

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Good stuff. Looks like Centerhalf is sorted, all will be here long term too so we can build a solid unit. LB/LWB is the area we need to strengthen now. 

I suspect Kingsley will be moved back out there.  we need cover for him now though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Will the Tannadice walkers start a protest walk over this being a free transfer?

:laugh:

jamboinglasgow

Brilliant signing. The kind of young Scottish player we should go for, and get him Free is incredible business.

Considering the interest in him from the Premier League when he broke through at United (especially from Leicester) shows how rated he is. 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Will the Tannadice walkers start a protest walk over this being a free transfer?

Let's see if we can plant a few landmines in their path if they do.  Bellends, the lot of them.  Deluded in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I suspect Kingsley will be moved back out there.  we need cover for him now though.

He might do. Robbie spoke last season on a podcast saying we were looking a LWB. 

Will Dundee Utd kick up a stink about this since they claim they made Lewis Neilson a final offer in February? 

Very interested to see how Brigitte fits in.  1st team?  He seems to be a similar type of player perhaps to Sibbick, so interesting to see how this pans out.

Does this also mean there's less space for Mick Smith in our squad if Neilson is seen as ready to be even on fringes of things?

It also maybe all depends if we're a 4 at the back or 3 kinda team next season (or simply like this season it's horses for coarses I suppose).

Rowles is a lefty, isn't he?

CG

Natty Halks Rowles Kingsley

Sibbick and Neilson on bench as our defenders

or

CG

Natty Sibbick Halks Rowles Kingsley

Neilson on the bench

That doesn't include Smith obviously.

It also doesn't take in to account that maybe we still haven't signed all the defenders we might.  Cochrane?  A direct Souttar replacement?

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I believe the word down in Londonshire is “Badman” 

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'm sure you will know. Have we made any signings today yet?

Yep. No mention of any fee. States it’s a free transfer so we assume they accept they didn’t offer him a contract

36 minutes ago, fadetoblack said:

Central Coast Mariners fan here

You got yourselves a very handy CB, Pretty good at playing out from the back and pretty solid positioning wise. He has been playing in the top league over here for 5 years or so, and still at 23 got a bright future ahead. looking forward to see how he goes in the SPL. Wish him all the best

Sounds like a great young player with a fantastic attitude.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, though Kye will not need his surfboard over here lol we had our one summer's day last week.

Come on the Mariners.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

He looks a unit especially being so young. I suspect we have high hopes for him and I reckon we will have sold this move to him by using Souttar as an example of how far he can go if he develops and plays well. These are the signings we should be making on top of experienced players. I still think we will bring another defender in but I like the business we have done up to now. Ronan would be the icing on the cake today. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep. No mention of any fee. States it’s a free transfer so we assume they accept they didn’t offer him a contract

Anyway, good addition to our squad.

Auld Reekin'
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Is that a typo? :huh:

Rick Sanchez

Lewis Neilson having had a walk about the stadium and a look around Oriam said it's a 'different level'.

Free transfer of someone who had a 500k bid accepted from Leicester. Played midfield before becoming a centre back.

Whelms.

Thoughts, prayers and medicine are with the Utd fans. I hope we had the decency of throwing in some walking boots.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Wish they'd get that tiny wee kids scarf to **** and get a real one. 

Batistuta87
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Lewis Neilson having had a walk about the stadium and a look around Oriam said it's a 'different level'.

Free transfer of someone who had a 500k bid accepted from Leicester. Played midfield before becoming a centre back.

Whelms.

Thoughts, prayers and medicine are with the Utd fans. I hope we had the decency of throwing in some walking boots.

Whelm-tastic.

Think he'll turn out to be a very good signing. 

Enjoy your Calpol boys 🥾🥾🥾🥾

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So we assume Rowles and Halkett if we’re playing a back 4 and slotting in Sibbick or Neilson if we’re playing a back 3. Still think we might have another one coming in personally.

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but I think if Utd had left their final offer as the one the gave him in February they would be due whatever fee is appropriate. I think where they ****ed up is that they offered him a final deal less than two weeks before his contract was up. 

Having heard Tony Asghar talk he strikes me as a bit of know it all without really having any football background, he did the SD course at Manchester Metropolitan University that guys like McCulloch and Weir did. 

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but I think if Utd had left their final offer as the one the gave him in February they would be due whatever fee is appropriate. I think where they ****ed up is that they offered him a final deal less than two weeks before his contract was up. 

Having heard Tony Asghar talk he strikes me as a bit of know it all without really having any football background, he did the SD course at Manchester Metropolitan University that guys like McCulloch and Weir did. 

Second para has to be strong candidate for best ever ‘pot,kettle,black’ post in kickbacks history 😂😂

Heartsofgold
Just now, JimmyCant said:

So we assume Rowles and Halkett if we’re playing a back 4 and slotting in Sibbick or Neilson if we’re playing a back 3. Still think we might have another one coming in personally.

Not today surely!!!!  My stauner needs ice applied at this point in time!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Lewis Neilson signs ***
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It’s a full size scarf. The boy is a giant !!

fadetoblack
5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Sounds like a great young player with a fantastic attitude.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, though Kye will not need his surfboard over here lol we had our one summer's day last week.

Come on the Mariners.

Definitely is! He would be used to playing in 30c in the summer over here so hopefully it is going to be a welcome change 😄 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not today surely!!!!  My stauner needs ice applied at this point in time!

Probably not today but I’d like to see a wee bit experience in there too maybe ?

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeah, seems that way. I think we might sign Joe Wright.

Kingsley Halkett Sibbick

Rowles  Wright  Neilson

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The lad is just a monster. 

Can’t remember the last time Hearts signed two players in one day, never mind two 6’3 behemoths big fizzical hertz 

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Losing Souttar on a free :muggy:

Getting Lewis Neilson on a free :verysmug:

Yep, will be interesting to see how some on here cope with the dark arts of the Neilson signing given how they reacted to Souttar deciding on a life changing opportunity. 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Whelm-tastic.

Think he'll turn out to be a very good signing. 

Enjoy your Calpol boys 🥾🥾🥾🥾

Just waiting on the Twitter update from Utd saying they're aware of the situation and are in dialogue with the relevant authorities :laugh:

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ll say it again, Sibbick wasn’t signed to play centre back. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Could be Joe Wright.

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There is nothing to stop an out of contract player signing for a new club ahead of compensation being agreed. I think it is probably safe to assume that Hearts believe there is no compensation due while United claim there is. Question now is whether they are confident enough in that claim to take it to a tribunal.

Delighted with all our sightings 👏 hopefully more to come,

can’t wait until our first game 

BRING IT ON 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***