*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Shankland signs ***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, ericb said:

And how are you aware? You sit and have a pint with savage and Robbie, cos they're the only ones who are aware 

Sorry Eric. Should I have said, the press who seem to have an in at Hearts at the moment haven’t reported it isn’t dead in the water yet. Does that tick your boxes 

• Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Ari Gold
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I was going to mention this, I'm sure he paid 500k and sold for 1m.

I think it was 800k then sold for 1.6m.

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This insistence on using the word concrete instead of written makes me think they have ****ed up

100%.  They will try and argue a case but rules are rules.. and I expect no mercy from HMFC given we paid their legal bill etc 

john thomas
50 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry Eric. Should I have said, the press who seem to have an in at Hearts at the moment haven’t reported it isn’t dead in the water yet. Does that tick your boxes 

So you are not , actually , aware at all ?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Lewis Neilson situation is interesting. I'd imagine his agent will know exactly when the club submitted a written contract offer, and that's why he's been contacting clubs saying there won't be a fee due. The Charlie Telfer situation was back when the compensation fee was still quite unfamiliar. I'm sure that Hearts will do their due diligence and not put themselves in that situation. If Dundee United have messed that up, whoever is responsible for that will find themselves sacked fairly quickly I'd imagine.

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Lewis Neilson situation is interesting. I'd imagine his agent will know exactly when the club submitted a written contract offer, and that's why he's been contacting clubs saying there won't be a fee due. The Charlie Telfer situation was back when the compensation fee was still quite unfamiliar. I'm sure that Hearts will do their due diligence and not put themselves in that situation. If Dundee United have messed that up, whoever is responsible for that will find themselves sacked fairly quickly I'd imagine.

Maybe that's contributing to Tam Courts' desire to jump on the first helicopter out? Could be a number of wee hints that things are a mess behind the scenes up there.

Shame for them.

:jjyay:

Sertse

I'd absolutely piss myself laughing if scumdee hibernian get nothing. Who could ask for a better feeder club?

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I think it was 800k then sold for 1.6m.

Yeah, he definitely doubled his money, it was a shrewd deal. Amazing to think he managed them every so often.

vegas-voss
20 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

Spending 1 million and then selling him on in a couple years for a good bit more is the only way we’ll get closer to the old firm. We know he’s a player. Doubt the funds are there this season for that kind of signing but would be some statement.

It's not just the £1m though it's the wages that comes with a £1m player do you honestly think his agent is going to value him at say a maximum £5k a week.I highly doubt it so we then have to totally feck up our wage structure which then has other players in the squad questing why they are in so much lower.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's not just the £1m though it's the wages that comes with a £1m player do you honestly think his agent is going to value him at say a maximum £5k a week.I highly doubt it so we then have to totally feck up our wage structure which then has other players in the squad questing why they are in so much lower.

Some one further up the thread said Simms is on 8 thousand currently and that our current highest wage is 6 thousand ……………. If and it is an if that is correct then there looks like room for negotiation there to me

BackOfTheNet

So, transfer window opens tomorrow. We expecting any news on any front? Seems like if this Neilson signs it would cause a hoopla, so may take a while to effectively have an out of court settlement. I imagine Rowles will not be announced until the World Cup play off is done. Shankland?

When does pre-season training resume? That’s likely when we’ll start seeing activity pick up I’d imagine.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, transfer window opens tomorrow. We expecting any news on any front? Seems like if this Neilson signs it would cause a hoopla, so may take a while to effectively have an out of court settlement. I imagine Rowles will not be announced until the World Cup play off is done. Shankland?

When does pre-season training resume? That’s likely when we’ll start seeing activity pick up I’d imagine.

I'm going for Ronan and Shankland for the next 2 in.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think the Neilson thing will just go to a tribunal to figure out if we have to pay anything. He is free to sign for whoever wants him right now, i believe 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Some one further up the thread said Simms is on 8 thousand currently and that our current highest wage is 6 thousand ……………. If and it is an if that is correct then there looks like room for negotiation there to me

If you start paying one player 25% more and all other player's will start to negotiate 25% increases. Then your whole player budget gets screwed. 

17 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

If you start paying one player 25% more and all other player's will start to negotiate 25% increases. Then your whole player budget gets screwed. 

Well if you do not manage it properly then yes it could but if we already have a player on 6 and we were offering Souttar more than that then if we got Simms on say 7 then I do not think any one could complain too much …………. they should use it as motivation to perform to earn a higher wage when their contract is up for renewal

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Maybe, but with our revenue taking a massive lift next season of anything between 20-40% ish it is OK to increase your player budget. 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but with our revenue taking a massive lift next season of anything between 20-40% ish it is OK to increase your player budget. 

But if we don't finish 3rd or qualify for Europe next season we are then stuck with the higher wage budget. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But if we don't finish 3rd or qualify for Europe next season we are then stuck with the higher wage budget. 

Even if we finish third next season does Scotland's co-efficient still guarantee us the same scenario as this year i.e. group stage football oh and as long as a no mark wins the Scottish Cup we need to remember that.

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not suggesting we spend it all on wages in one season. 

Also, spending more and getting better players will help us achieve 3rd again. 

We'll need to spend more on wages if we want to improve. 

No point in banking it all. 

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Even if we finish third next season does Scotland's co-efficient still guarantee us the same scenario as this year i.e. group stage football oh and as long as a no mark wins the Scottish Cup we need to remember that.

Good point and i have absolutely no idea

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Good point and i have absolutely no idea

Neither have I

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not suggesting we spend it all on wages in one season. 

Also, spending more and getting better players will help us achieve 3rd again. 

We'll need to spend more on wages if we want to improve. 

No point in banking it all. 

Yeah, i agree but i just don't want to see us get stuck in a place where we are stuck with contracts we could do without. I don't think that'll happen under this regime, in fairness. 

AC Mallin_51
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

That’s a great point. We could have a great season, finish 3rd at a canter again but if say a Motherwell or Aberdeen win the cup then that’s us into the qualifiers. It’s safe to assume if we don’t win the cup it’ll be one of the OF but st Johnstone proved that’s certainly not a done thing 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, john thomas said:

So you are not , actually , aware at all ?

Perhaps , it was , a poor choice , of words , apologies. 

11 hours ago, Syd said:

Every chance he’s being cute about it. No doubt Hearts will have sold the benefits of Simms playing at Tynecastle next year with European Football guaranteed 

Sy

You shortening your username has really tickled me :lol:

I also think you might be bang on.

Mikey1874
On 07/06/2022 at 21:08, pointon said:

Simms £1.6 with first refusal and 25% sell on apparently 

You missed out his wages.

Taffin

I know people are risk averse and generally speculate to accumulate doesn't work in football, but Simms is exactly the right scenario if we can get him. He'd (presumably) want to be here, we know he works in this league and this team. English academy player from and EPL team where he's very much on their radar and decent championship clubs. If he comes up here on a 3 year deal and bangs in 10-15 goals next season we'll double our money no problem.

JamboAl
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know people are risk averse and generally speculate to accumulate doesn't work in football, but Simms is exactly the right scenario if we can get him. He'd (presumably) want to be here, we know he works in this league and this team. English academy player from and EPL team where he's very much on their radar and decent championship clubs. If he comes up here on a 3 year deal and bangs in 10-15 goals next season we'll double our money no problem.

And if he comes up here and gets a serious injury it's money down the drain.

Dick Dastardly
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Perhaps , it was , a poor choice , of words , apologies. 

😂😂 , 😂 , 😂😂😂 , 😂😂

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wage structure blown out of the water is a high risk too. 

Ribble
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That could be said of any player, that is of course if insurance didn’t exist

Taffin
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wage structure blown out of the water is a high risk too. 

I'll be honest I don't know the ins and outs of our wage structure. Unless we stay static with our level of player though, our wage structure won't remain static. Guess it's whether the club want to spend the additional monies on quality or quantity. 

When you sign better calibre players, they cost more in wages. It's the way of it. If the squad fillers don't like it that's unfortunate.

Edited by Taffin

Taffin
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Apart from the insurance, yes. It's also true of any signing.

We've signed hundreds of players under Budge who never got an injury but were money down the drain.

AlphonseCapone

Wage structures can't stay static just on the basis that cost of living isn't static.

I get we're talking about wages beyond most of our achievement but people tend to spend what they earn so even a football player will be getting less bang for his buck now. 

We've got to increase the wages a bit, and I meana bit, to both be competitive in the current economic world and to move to another level. 

Increasing spending is probably more uncomfortable for us as supporters than most given what we've been through so understand why it's so strongly debated. 

Saint Jambo
34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You think if we paid £1.6m for him and he scored 10 goals next season we would get over £3m for him no problem? I suppose it is more realistic than the £10m a poster further up had us selling him for.

If we double our record signing to buy a striker who scores less goals than Boyce has this season, I think he'd be widely seen as a flop and a massive waist of money.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We’d never sign anyone with that approach.

We wouldn’t have signed Souttar for example. Would you have preferred he never played for us?

section s heart
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Don't know but I think co-efficient points run for 5 years, so you'd think Sevco making the final gives a decent chance of this situation repeating for the near future. Someone will know better how the system works and the likelihood of automatic group stages being sustained.

Taffin
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

You think if we paid £1.6m for him and he scored 10 goals next season we would get over £3m for him no problem? I suppose it is more realistic than the £10m a poster further up had us selling him for.

If we double our record signing to buy a striker who scores less goals than Boyce has this season, I think he'd be widely seen as a flop and a massive waist of money.

I do, yes. A Championship club would come in for him. That's what is appealing about this deal, Simms is exactly the type of player English teams buy. He's English, came through an EPL academy and was on the fringe of their squad occasionally. 

10-15 goals from 21/22 year old striker with that background will attract significant bids imo. 

Boyce is totally irrelevant really, he's 30 odd with no pedigree (that particularly appeals to the English teams anyway)

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That’s a great point. We could have a great season, finish 3rd at a canter again but if say a Motherwell or Aberdeen win the cup then that’s us into the qualifiers. It’s safe to assume if we don’t win the cup it’ll be one of the OF but st Johnstone proved that’s certainly not a done thing 

Conversely if that did happen then I would rather be going in to those qualifiers with good players who might just get us in to the group stages

22 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Don't know but I think co-efficient points run for 5 years, so you'd think Sevco making the final gives a decent chance of this situation repeating for the near future. Someone will know better how the system works and the likelihood of automatic group stages being sustained.

I think the co-efficent will increase. Rangers loss to Progres gets knocked off this year and then we have their great run to the Europa final adding to it.

(what i've been told)

Braminho
Posted (edited)

Gorgie Rowles 😂 👏🏻 

Edited by Braminho

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Shankland signs ***