*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, brux said:

Not bothered about not signing Cook, he hasn't proved himself consistently 

I'm glad hibs never got him incase he carried on from last season.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

He's from England...

Exactly, closer to Belgium than Dingwall

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So just a minute.

Beni and Simms were in the same U-23 squad at the same club but we could sign Beni permanently but not Ellis because of wages (of youth players from the same club)?

How does that work?

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Bednar was on loan initially from Kaunas but we signed him on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

Pinilla was also an undisclosed fee.

Knowing Vlad if it was a big fee he would’ve told everyone. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So just a minute.

Beni and Simms were in the same U-23 squad at the same club but we could sign Beni permanently but not Ellis because of wages (of youth players from the same club)?

How does that work?

I think Everton paid Beni his last year of his contract and he took a pay cut to sign, so he could get games and they got him off their wage bill. 
Slightly different situation with Simms. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Simms is on around 8k a week now.

There you have it…

Not ridiculous by any means.

Just now, johnking123 said:

Simms is on around 8k a week now.

Not exactly the ludicrous amount people were hinting at obviously a lot but the way folk were talking I thought it was five figures

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Everton paid Beni his last year of his contract and he took a pay cut to sign, so he could get games and they got him off their wage bill. 
Slightly different situation with Simms. 

Understood.

Point is their respective salaries won’t be that different. Depends if he wants to start every week, play in Europe and get a better move as a result or go for the easy money straight away but possibly sit on the fringes of the first team in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not exactly the ludicrous amount people were hinting at obviously a lot but the way folk were talking I thought it was five figures

It's about double what we are paying to earners now. 

Edited by I.T.K

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

It's about double what we are paying now. 

What do you think we need to do to get a 20 goal plus a season striker (and someone who creates goals) for the first time in 30 years?

We won’t get one for free on £3k a week. We have tried that for 3 decades without success.

We have tried before we buy here. With some negotiation it seems like a no brainer.

A really good season with us and performances in Europe and he gets a move to the EPL soon enough as a first teamer.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, I.T.K said:

It's about double what we are paying now. 

As I said still a lot …………. I assume we have players on 5 k now and then bonuses could be propping that up further if he agreed to get a bit less with a view to earning a big move after some fun in Europe and in a team that he knows for a season or two then it sounds a lot more feasible than when I thought he was on £ 10 thousand plus

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Top earner is around 6k just now. Believe we offered souttar more.

That plus bonus plus goals ought to do it 🙌 

Saint Jambo
32 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

We also paid a fee for Rudi first time around. He was on loan from a Greek side not from Kaunas. Vlad bought and sold him to Southampton the same day. Unsure of the fee paid. I think we got 1.5 mil for him is it possible that vlad paid 1 mil for Rudi? Would still have made a profit. 

It was Marseille he was on loan from.

I wondered the same as you about whether it was £1m we paid for him right before transferring him go Southampton. If London Hearts is to be believed we paid £600k for him and then sold him for £1.6m.

4 hours ago, brux said:

Simms ain't coming back, move on.

Agree totally. We can just hope that there are other Simms out there and that Savage & Co are on the case, because that's just the type of player we need. 

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What do you think we need to do to get a 20 goal plus a season striker (and someone who creates goals) for the first time in 30 years?

We won’t get one for free on £3k a week. We have tried that for 3 decades without success.

We have tried before we buy here. With some negotiation it seems like a no brainer.

A really good season with us and performances in Europe and he gets a move to the EPL soon enough as a first teamer.

For a player who scored 7 goals in 21 appearances for us this season, there is a lot of confidence he would be a 20+ goals a season striker. Could be, but equally end of season could be a purple patch and he could go back to missing too many great chances.

A £1m+ transfer fee plus high wages long contract would be a significant risk.

Bob Loblaw
21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Understood.

Point is their respective salaries won’t be that different. Depends if he wants to start every week, play in Europe and get a better move as a result or go for the easy money straight away but possibly sit on the fringes of the first team in the Championship.

Simms got a new deal last November, Beni was coming into the last year of what was effectively an U23 deal.  I imagine he'd be on quite a bit more.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Understood.

Definitely, I think he would probably start with any championship team but it’s a brutal league to play in. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

For a player who scored 7 goals in 21 appearances for us this season, there is a lot of confidence he would be a 20+ goals a season striker. Could be, but equally end of season could be a purple patch and he could go back to missing too many great chances.

My thoughts also, a few talking as though 20 goals guaranteed.  He managed 1 in 3 last season, even with our hectic schedule next season we won't be playing 60 games, and even if we did he wouldn't be playing every game.

Just now, Waterboy said:

My thoughts also, a few talking as though 20 goals guaranteed.  He managed 1 in 3 last season, even with our hectic schedule next season we won't be playing 60 games, and even if we did he wouldn't be playing every game.

It is hard to put this the right way with out sounding like a total dick and that is not what I am wanting to be …………… Ellis Simms is an absolute beast of a centre forward who has just about every thing we need and ticks every box for the Premiership and surely every one can see that

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Half of it was a loan and half was an ‘investment’ iirc. 

Point stands, not even close to the same situation. 

Daft comparison imo. 

39 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Exactly, closer to Belgium than Dingwall

Aye, I was very slow on that one! 

:facepalm:

Edited by AndyNic

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Top earner is around 6k just now. Believe we offered souttar more.

Sounds about right. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is hard to put this the right way with out sounding like a total dick and that is not what I am wanting to be …………… Ellis Simms is an absolute beast of a centre forward who has just about every thing we need and ticks every box for the Premiership and surely every one can see that

Don't get me wrong, great player for our level.  But to smash up our wage structure and chuck ~ 10/15% of our total revenue at Everton for a guy who's very much developing and more often than not has a worse first touch than me.... I really want him in, but not sure I'd commit to that much of an outlay for him.

Dick Dastardly
2 hours ago, Rockwell said:

May be a good team I don't know but I do know I've never heard of them

Me either, but then I'm not really fluent in Belgian football 

2 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Don't get me wrong, great player for our level.  But to smash up our wage structure and chuck ~ 10/15% of our total revenue at Everton for a guy who's very much developing and more often than not has a worse first touch than me.... I really want him in, but not sure I'd commit to that much of an outlay for him.

We won’t get better than Simms I’m certain of that. He brings so much to the team and his touch will improve.

We are now a team competing in Europe, to do so we need to look at things like our wage structure or it’ll be a miserable experience on a Thursday night. Not suggesting we get reckless with our finances, however if our salary cap at the moment is 6k then with the additional revenue of Europe going to 8k to get quality players to win us some games in Europe makes sense.

Win a few games in Europe and plenty new revenue streams will open up and we can continue to build. The board are nothing if not financially savvy so I’d trust them to make the right decisions.

6 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Can all be done on bonuses with a striker. If he's agreeable to the best basic we can offer  he may back himself on a goal structured bonus. 

8 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Thanks for taking it the way it was meant ……….. yes he is just exactly what we need though in my opinion he allows our smaller forward thinking players to use him as a foil and he has a wicked shot ………. strong tall fast just every thing I want in a centre forward and every thing I had hoped Bednar would be but Simms has the added attributes of fitness and athleticism that Bednar just was not as up to maintaining 

If we can some how get Simms then I am hoping we are doing every thing we can to get it done except putting our selfs in financial shit

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks for taking it the way it was meant ……….. yes he is just exactly what we need though in my opinion he allows our smaller forward thinking players to use him as a foil and he has a wicked shot ………. strong tall fast just every thing I want in a centre forward and every thing I had hoped Bednar would be but Simms has the added attributes of fitness and athleticism that Bednar just was not as up to maintaining 

If we can some how get Simms then I am hoping we are doing every thing we can to get it done except putting our selfs in financial shit

The Hickey money would not have been factored in for next season. Worth it 👌 

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We won’t get better than Simms I’m certain of that. He brings so much to the team and his touch will improve.

We are now a team competing in Europe, to do so we need to look at things like our wage structure or it’ll be a miserable experience on a Thursday night. Not suggesting we get reckless with our finances, however if our salary cap at the moment is 6k then with the additional revenue of Europe going to 8k to get quality players to win us some games in Europe makes sense.

Win a few games in Europe and plenty new revenue streams will open up and we can continue to build. The board are nothing if not financially savvy so I’d trust them to make the right decisions.

Yeah that's fair, don't disagree with any of that.  The thought of £1 (or more) in every £10 we make being spent on 1 individual just gives me the fear, but maybe that's just my issue!

10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Can all be done on bonuses with a striker. If he's agreeable to the best basic we can offer  he may back himself on a goal structured bonus. 

Fingers crossed!

Nookie Bear

We don't really need a 20 goal a season striker. We need 2/3 forwards in double figures and midfield chipping in with a few as well.

The top scorers in the SPL last season only managed 13.

We have left our offer on table to Everton and simms but nothing likely to be decided until august, we are more focussed on our important targets this window now. Pushing to get an attacker in by the end of next week 

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The Hickey money would not have been factored in for next season. Worth it 👌 

I can not remember where I read it but when some one at the club apparently stated that the potential Hickey money meant we were able to up the ante then I immediately thought investing it in a top player would be the smart move

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We don't really need a 20 goal a season striker. We need 2/3 forwards in double figures and midfield chipping in with a few as well.

The top scorers in the SPL last season only managed 13.

But devlin and Beni and Haring won’t be replaced so we do need goals from forward 

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But devlin and Beni and Haring won’t be replaced so we do need goals from forward 

True but would prefer Mckay, Boyce and 2 others to get double figures rather than rely on one man.

Just listening to the latest SATF podcast and we are paying a small element of Simm's Everton salary and we've been inundated with Championship clubs asking about him. The Championship clubs are able to pay a bigger percentage or even all of his salary so it's unlikely that Simms will be coming back.

Source?

Robbie Neilson.

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Just listening to the latest SATF podcast and we are paying a small element of Simm's Everton salary and we've been inundated with Championship clubs asking about him. The Championship clubs are able to pay a bigger percentage or even all of his salary so it's unlikely that Simms will be coming back.

Source?

Robbie Neilson.

Ach well, what will be will be. I'm sure there will be others. 

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Source?

Robbie Neilson.

Would mean that him being in eight thousand a week is wrong then ……………. to be honest though Neilson just says what ever he thinks will help us get the best result and often he is just sitting at a spinning wheel

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Source?

Robbie Neilson.

I haven't listened to the podcast and I'm not trying to contradict you but i would have thought European football would have been more of a dangly carrot than a higher % of wages. I'm sure we could pay a larger amount than we have done, as well. 

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but would prefer Mckay, Boyce and 2 others to get double figures rather than rely on one man.

We can't rely on McKay for goals, as good as he is.

Are we still in for the Japanese forward Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa that we bid for in January? wouldn’t be surprised if we go back in for him now Woodburn definitely not coming back 

Rogue Daddy
50 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

We have left our offer on table to Everton and simms but nothing likely to be decided until august, we are more focussed on our important targets this window now. Pushing to get an attacker in by the end of next week 

Cool! Do you know if it's a loan offer or a permanent deal?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

He joined in January with no pre-season with us. He joined a new league and needed to get up to speed. Other players needed to get to know his game.

By April when he didn’t play our attack was like a flaccid dick trying to get it’s hole.

It was night and day.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He joined in January with no pre-season with us. He joined a new league and needed to get up to speed. Other players needed to get to know his game.

By April when he didn’t play our attack was like a flaccid dick trying to get it’s hole.

It was night and day.

No pre season and no football in the first half of the season either due to that groin injury. 

If Jack Ross’ comments are to be believed he could’ve ended up at Hibs if it wasn’t for that pesky groin. 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I haven't listened to the podcast and I'm not trying to contradict you but i would have thought European football would have been more of a dangly carrot than a higher % of wages. I'm sure we could pay a larger amount than we have done, as well. 

I would suspect Everton have a big say and if people offer to pay higher % of wages then he will get some options and get to pick. Also for a young guy hoping to make it at Everton what makes him look better, a good season in the championship or getting to play in Scotland and a few games in Europe?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

From my knowledge of one hearts player who went on loan - and to my surprise - a player’s agent can also have a say/influence on where a player goes on loan

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***